Magna Carta Film Pt. 01

Story Info
Developing an erotic film as seen through an actress's eyes.
2k words
3.75
1.4k
1
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 02/26/2024
Created 02/24/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LovingF
LovingF
248 Followers

Note. There are frequent references to sex acts. However, the thrust of this piece is to show how a film handles sex and lust and power.

My story is in this format to show King John's psychological make up in a favourable light. It avoids detailing the frequent sieges and battles that he fought. This is why the action takes place in Marlborough Castle (the ruins are now inside Marlborough College) on "The Mound". Marlborough Castle was reputably King John's favourite occasional residence.

It also details the effect of being an actress in such a sex based film.

Enjoy.

INTRODUCTIONS

My name is Pauline Saunders and I am a 40 year old actress. In my youth I had hoped to take Broadway by storm, but it didn't happen. I got solid parts in off-Broadway productions and that was my highest achievement.

Any over 30 year old actress struggles to get a decent role. This applies even if you are a world wide recognised actress. Apparently the camera no longer loves actresses when their faces and boobs go south.

I was reduced to walk on parts with only a few lines or none at all. My husband Chris says that I would be happy to be a stage hand if it helped to mount a major production. I tell him that stage hands are as skilled in their arts as we actors and actresses and directors and lighting people and prompts.

It is only because I love the stage that I continue. to go to auditions. My agent has to work hard to get me those auditions.

It's only because of the financial and moral support of my husband that I can continue my quest for stardom. Chris comes to watch me and, to be open and honest, he has seen me in some pretty poor shows. But, never once has Chris stopped supporting me.

MY AFFAIR

Six years ago I had an affair. Chris managed to overcame his anger when I slept with another actor. It was a tense time and he considered filing for divorce. But he stuck with me. That affair was the worst decision of my whole life. If I could go back and relive my life it wouldn't include that sordid episode.

It still rankles with Chris that this actor now is a household name. Shortly after that stage show, Hollywood came a calling for him. His agent got him a 3 picture deal. That 3 film deal led to better contracts and then major parts in theatres across the globe. On principle we never go to see his films or speak his name, even though my dalliance was 15 years ago. I told Chris that the actor wasn't good in bed and that helps him to cope with my betrayal. It wasn't a lie. The actor was really bad at sex despite his large penis.

The star was a lousy lay. Maybe that's why he hasn't got married. Once women get to know he is bad in bed they leave him. Money and fame haven't helped him find a soul mate. I am lucky that I have a soulmate in Chris.

But even soulmates have their limits and a film offer was to test even Chris's devotion to our marriage.

THE FILM OFFER

My agent had worked hard to get them to offer me a major part of the film version of King John's life. It is taken entirely from his viewpoint. I was to play the part of his first true love. I was to act the part of the 36 year old, eldest daughter of the Earl of Southampton. My husband is a Baron who is away on a Crusade and may not ever return. There is a tension in my character's romance with the 23 year Prince. I want him but also want to remain faithful.

JOHN IS NOT BAD

Most people think that John was a bad King. This film shows that he reacted to events. It implies that no one could have done any better, given the historical predicament he inherited. That re-evaluation alone should help box office.

In the film John is in a church seeing a "Last Judgement, with Christ in Majesty dividing men into the saved and the damned". The film will show John seeing several kings in full regalia on the side of the damned.

A Bishop says to John "Think of the great risks which rulers are taking when they are set up with authority over others but cannot control themselves and end up perpetually tortured by devils.'

John then replies "The procession of the saved includes other kings. They are the ones I intend to imitate and whose company I shall join.'

John is also shown to want to have the loving marriage his father had. His mother had been unhappily married before but had found her soulmate in his father. The fact that his father and mother had 8 children together is proof of their love for each other.

The film shows that I am like his mother. It implies I could have saved him from being perpetually tortured by earthly devils as much as his own psychology.

EXPLICIT SCENES

The film was explicit unlike my usual theatre pieces. Prior to my character appearing the lead character is seen with "commoner wenches". He is also shown as a voyeur to a lengthy and explicit lesbian scene. He is also seen having sex with both of the lesbian sisters. The lesbian sisters are seen having to confess and receive the proscribed punishment. The punishment for "any woman who practices vice with another woman was to do penance for three years." They have to do arduous works of charity once every week for 3 years in addition to their charity works of the 4 Great Feast Days.

The film compares this lenient punishment with that given to lesbian women in prison who used dildos on other women and received up to 200 lashes. It never hurts an Oscar panel to consider favourably a film if it portrays an unjust (to the common people) society. This social injustice is not rammed down the audience's throat but by the use of 3 sentences of dialogue, warning the lesbian sisters what punishment they might get.

MY AGENT SELLS THE FILM TO ME

My agent assured me that the film is historically accurate. He felt that it was theatrically necessary to the plot that I showed the emotions and sexuality of being John's only true love. It would be a well financed high quality piece of eroticism. The film rights alone had cost $100,000 (not including a profit share) and John would be played by a major actor.

My agent assured me that this was not a porn film. He characterised it as an even more erotic alternative to "Fatal Attraction". He assured me that there would be no bunnies being boiled.

He sold me the idea of the relevance of the nude scenes between John and my stage character. This relationship had, according to the historical research, a profound effect on John. It led directly to the Baron's revolt and King John's downfall.

For John thought that he could seduce the wives of any of the Barons. That, in modern parlance, pissed off the Barons big time.

KEN RUSSEL

Parts of it would be like Ken Russel's 1971 film "The Devils" but without Ken's outrageous journeys into historical sexual fantasies. For those unfortunate never to have seen Ken's masterpiece, the anti-hero is burnt at the stake. In this version he is poisoned.

My agent said "For Ken Russel the anti hero Grandier is a priest but he is also a man. In this film "John is a King but he is also a man searching for something greater than Kingship." John is also akin to Shakespeare's Lear. As most people know the trials Lear has been through finally overwhelmed him, and he dies."

THE ENDING

My agent emphasised the ending, which would leave everyone in tears.

The narrator will say "So dies the crownless John, weak from dysentery, unable to fight his fate any longer."

I agreed that the ending would be tragic and cinematic dynamite.

ADVANTAGES OF BEING SELECTED.

I trust my agent's opinion and so I agreed to read a draft script. After reading it I then phoned my agent to say I needed to discuss it with my husband. My agent was understanding. He and I both knew that, given my previous affair, the filming of sex scenes and me being shown nude was likely to open a sore wound with Chris.

As a loving wife I needed to discuss this film offer with my husband. If push came to shove then I would prefer to be a struggling actress with Chris supporting me then a rich divorced superstar.

There is a scene where I masturbate and a sex scene where I give in to my lust for John. There is also a nude scene where I am seen to be pregnant bearing John's bastard offspring.

Set against this there is lots of dialogue and also lots of chances to speak volumes without saying a word. It was "Best Supporting Actress" material if ever I saw it.

THE MASTURBATION SCENE IN OPHIE'S BEDROOM.

Ophie enters with a letter from Prince John. She sits on her bed

John's voice-over "It is the deepest regret that I must depart your father's kind hospitality. I have already stayed a week longer then originally intended. I feigned a sudden need to know more about the building of ships. But that was just an excuse to stay and be with you.

I wish you all God's blessings. You will always be in my heart. It is a damnable shame that I could not have been your husband. Unlike him, I would delight to delight you intellectually, socially and especially sexually. You deserve higher office than the wife of a mere Earl. You deserve to be the wife of a Prince and then the wife of a King.

It has been an exquisite joy sharing the summer days with you, even though fate decrees that we must never share the nights together.

SCENE - EARL'S HUNTING GROUND

Scene changes to them walking in the Earl's hunting grounds. Ophie and John walk up the Ladies Viewing Tower.

Wordlessly Ophie and John must show that they are in love with each other and are both resisting temptation since John isn't her husband. Their hands briefly touch but Ophie withdraws

SCENE - OPHIE'S BEDROOM.

John continues reading the letter he wrote to Ophie

"You have taken me to delightful places that I didn't even know existed. Let me openly declare that I love you not just for your body but for your mind and your wisdom. I sit here, thinking of the forbidden pleasures that we could share.

You have captured my soul and, despite your obligations, I know that you feel the same passion that overcomes all reason.

Eternally yours,

John"

MY STAGE REQUIREMENTS

If I was to play Ophie then I would have to stand and slowly fully undress. I was to be shown briefly in a full frontal shot and then have a back and bosom shot. I have to simulates masturbating myself (to be intercut with images of John and me in the Earl's hunting ground). I will need to be shot fully nude in the 'afterglow'.

THE DISCUSSION

I knew that I wanted the part, But of course there was a problem. My husband probably wouldn't want me to appear nude. And the theme of having an affair would open the old wound. I knew that this would be very difficult set of discussions. It would involve much reading, discussion and negotiations. I hadn't appeared in any productions which required nudity. I needed to know my rights and responsibilities.

But I was determined to start the process. I had to fact find and then confront Chris. And so I started investigating my R and Ds.

LovingF
LovingF
248 Followers