Mailgirls Down Under Pt. 08

Story Info
Australian mailgirls resist the new management.
15k words
4.63
3.7k
4

Part 8 of the 12 part series

Updated 03/04/2024
Created 07/23/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrStill
MrStill
147 Followers

Looking at her across her desk, Shane Crawford watched his boss Lindsay Davenport closely during their meeting. He wanted clues about her attitude. To be able to predict her. But she barely looked at Shane as she updated him.

"Mr Harada wants the Melbourne mailgirls on the television. He never liked Mitch's locked convent idea. But I suspect you know that," she told him.

Of course Shane knew about Mitchell Johnson's aversion to publicity. It was one of the issues that drove Mr Harada to replace Mitch with Lindsay as office manager. And Lindsay showed him that she shared Mr Harada's agenda. However, Shane found himself feeling cautious about the idea. In his role as deputy he was used to being a sounding board, perhaps the voice of reason. Maybe he should now.

But did his new boss want to hear an opposite view? Oh, well. "What if the mailgirls don't want to be on the TV?" he asked. The Melbourne mailgirls pretty much had things the way they wanted. They came to work each morning and took their clothes off, and after that they pretty much had the run of the place. Shane wondered how they would take the sort of changes that Lindsay was suggesting.

But Lindsay was not interested. She was blunt. "If they don't like it, they can work somewhere else." Lindsay looked up at Shane and affected to think about it for a moment. Then she smiled dangerously. "No, they can't, can they? We're the only show in town. Except it's been for a closed audience so far. And if Mr Harada likes anything..."

"...it's publicity. I have been paying attention." Shane knew that about Mr Harada. And no other business in Melbourne had dared introduce mailgirls. They were still the only one.

Linday honed in on why she was meeting with Shane, she needed his local knowledge. "So which of your local television shows would be the best?" she asked, that being something she did not know.

"You're not thinking of a six-part Netflicks series?" Shane parried back, vaguely enough that it could be sardonic or a simple suggestion.

Lindsay missed any disrespect in Shane's response. "No. To start with, I was thinking of more of a current affairs thing. Sensation of the week. We have a show called Sixty Minutes in the States. Something like that."

Shane decided it would be too difficult to explain to Lindsay that Australia had a show also called Sixty Minutes that was a little different and a little similar to the American one. Instead he made what he thought was a better suggestion. "I can think of the perfect show for that." He went on to explain.

"Make it happen." Lindsay looked away, back to her PC with an air that suggested she was done and Shane was dismissed. He slowly got himself ready to leave, just about to stand up.

The door swung open. Jackson walked into the office and straight up to Lindsay's desk. "Mitch sent me with a message for you, Lindsay," she announced.

Lindsay looked up at the naked mailgirl who loomed over her at her desk. "Don't you knock?"

Jackson acted perplexed. "No? Should I?" Shane found himself studying the curve where Jackson's bottom swelled from her back. Watching her from his seat, Shane noted how attractively thin she was, how her bottom was taut and was there, right in front of him and on display. He found himself imagining her spreading herself for him which was something that had not happened and, he expected, was unlikely to. She had no interest in him, she had made that clear.

"We were in a meeting," Lindsay complained.

Jackson stood there straight backed, affecting subservience. "And I am a mere mailgirl," she pointed out. And noticing Shane's attention in her periphery, she turned side on to him, obscuring his examination of her body.

Lindsay glared at the mailgirl. "If ever I have you under my control in the States," she threatened.

"But that's not going to happen," Jackson responded which closed that off.

Lindsay backed away from her threat. "Okay, what is Mitch's message?" she asked wearily.

"He wants to know if you are still meeting him at three o'clock?" Jackson responded.

Lindsay looked irritated, to Shane's delight. "It's in my diary," she snapped.

Jackson was not fazed by that. "Oh," she responded, "he said that you missed the last one, so he wanted to be sure." Jackson turned and look down at Shane who now seemed uncomfortable. He squirmed in his seat under her stare. "Is it because of me?" Jackson asked since she thought it was that obvious.

"We were having a discussion," Lindsay intervened, "a private discussion."

Jackson read Shane's renewed discomfort. Well, Jackson reckoned, if it was that private, she would have to find out what this meeting she crashed was about. The level of discomfort seemed to confirm that. But she pretended that she was not interested in their meeting. Instead she played dumb, pouted at Lindsay. "Can you please note the delivery is complete?" she asked. "You know, rules," she added for extra spite.

Lindsay marked Jackson off and dismissed her with a wave, deciding that any further sparring would be a waste. There would be a time, she expected, a time when the Australian mailgirls would discover how things really were. That time would come. Jackson gave Shane a knowing look as she strode out of the room. If Lindsay saw that she did not react. Shane got up to follow Jackson out. Of course he was wondering how the office would react to Lindsay's change. And not just the office but the mailgirls. He realised, well he knew, that he liked things the way they were.

*

Leaving Lindsay's office feeling concerned at what she had walked in on, Jackson stopped at Betty Cuthbert's desk. Betty, who was now Lindsay's PA, concentrated on her screen apparently busy organising something. The naked mailgirl coughed to attract her attention.

"Sorry I didn't catch you on the way in," Jackson apologised now that she had Betty's attention.

"The new regime," Betty agreed, grimacing at the mailgirl. Jackson was careful not to flaunt herself at Betty. The PA was one person who could make her feel self-conscious at her state. She felt that she was thrusting her breasts at Betty and showing off the tuft of hair she continued to keep on her pubis just above her labia despite her desire not to. Betty though concentrated on Jackson's face. Why wouldn't she? Jackson clearly wanted to talk to her.

What if, wondered Jackson. On the other hand, what if she broke through and became overtly sexual with the uptight PA who had only recently started to loosen up with the nude version of Jackson. Betty stared at her, waiting for... what?

Suddenly Pam Burridge rushed past them with a quick acknowledge and into Shane's office. Betty gave Jackson a querulous look. "Always in a hurry that one," she reported. Hmm, Jackson considered, it appears that way. I wonder why? She filed that thought.

"Got time for a cup of tea?" Jackson suggested to Betty. That had worked previously in breaking down a bit more of the ice between them. Jackson started to formulate a plan.

Betty beamed. "Why not?" she replied with more enthusiasm than Jackson expected. But that was good. Pam exited Shane's office and with the barest of nods, again dashed past them. Jackson stepped back from the PA's desk to make room for Betty to join her. But she stopped as Betty stood up.

"What are those?" Jackson exploded with glee.

Betty looked down. Then looked sheepishly at Jackson. "Knees," she responded softly.

Jackson went dramatically wide-eyed. "But I can see them and they are bare!"

"The weather," muttered Betty while shaking her head. She knew a performance when she saw one. "Some of us dress for the conditions," Betty smiled as she led Jackson to the kitchenette. "Look," she announced turning around, "you can see the backs of my legs too." And she lifted the hem at the back just a centimetre.

Jackson knew that would make her plan easier. As the kettle boiled, she placed her arm on Betty's and as she hoped, Betty did not flinch at her contact. "They're up to something," the mailgirl declared. "Lindsay and Shane," she added, just to make sure. She let go of Betty feeling that they had a bond.

Betty nodded. And then looked away, acting to concentrate on the kettle. "Lindsay's freezing me out," she whispered. "She thinks I'm in league with you and Mitch."

"Wise of her," the mailgirl agreed. They both smiled. The kettle boiled and Betty attended to the pouring. "Did you find out anything about the Hawaii stopover?"

Betty shook her head with a smile. "Still looking. But, oh yeah, here's the latest. She's got another manager coming over from the States." She read Jackson's expression and got serious. "What do you want me to do?" Betty asked in a surreptitious manner.

"I have a plan, but I don't want you to get involved yourself. But I need you to do one thing for me." Jackson looked earnest and Betty nodded, waiting for the suggestion. It came straight away. "When Shane is alone in his office, can you call Annette or Lauryn to him with a message? Preferably Annette, if she is available."

"Sure," Betty agreed looking unconvinced, "but what will that do?"

Jackson smiled. "Leave that to me."

Betty was still unconvinced. "And what sort of message?"

"They will tell him that Wendy wants to see him," Jackson advised. "When they have finished with him." She lifted her cup to her lips for a sip. And looked over the brim knowingly.

Betty looked shocked at the implications of that. "You mean!?" she started, wide eyed.

Jackson smiled sweetly. "I mean nothing, Betty. The less that you know..."

Betty relaxed back. "...yes I know, the better," she agreed. And then she did something that Jackson did not expect. She reciprocated Jackson's earlier caress of her wrist. But she held on longer. And then she ran her fingers a little up Jackson's arm before she let go. Having detached herself she then retreated into her shell. But Jackson was left to wonder about what Betty was feeling and thinking. And whether she would ever find that out.

But now she was busy. Jackson had to brief Annette. She found her and Lauryn in the mezzanine with the ever watchful Wendy hovering. Jackson managed to give Lauryn a look which she read correctly. Lauryn called Wendy over to inspect her fanny and expanded their session into asking Wendy for some fashion tips.

That gave Jackson some time to quickly tell Annette of the situation. Annette gave Jackson a worried look. And then she grinned. "Lovely," she assessed, "so it's transactional now?" It may have been a rhetorical question. But Annette was not entirely pleased.

Jackson though gave Annette her serious look. "I'm sure it will still work if you just tease him. Go as far as you want."

Annette shrugged as she dramatically tossed her hair back. "Oh I will. Me, the office Mata Hari." She then gave Jackson a cheeky grin. "What do you think? That I wouldn't say yes? Come on, I'm all in."

Jackson's app pinged before she could give Annette any further encouragement. She looked at it. Lindsay wanted her again.

*

The next morning Fanny strolled into Lindsay's office. "You have a message?" she asked.

Lindsay looked up from her screen somewhat stressed. "Which one are you?" she snapped. She found herself staring at the mailgirl's large, round firm breasts which seemed to be pointing straight at her.

"I'm Fanny Durack," the mailgirl asserted like the boss should know everybody.

"Don't expect me to remember your name," Lindsay continued in the same tone.

"It's on the app," Fanny pointed out. "It shows which one you've paged."

Lindsay clutched onto her lessening control of the situation. "This is the first time you've responded. Where have you been?" But she could not get her eyes off those tits.

Fanny apparently realised her effect on Lindsay as she rolled her shoulders back a little while she paused to think for a moment before answering. "Away," she smiled. "A combination of study leave, personal leave, and annual leave."

Lindsay looked astonished. "Heck, we may as well pay you to stay away permanently."

Fanny shrugged which also wobbled her breasts a little. "Sounds fine by me," she responded politely.

Lindsay glared at her. "I was being rhetorical. What is it that we give you study leave for? Mailgirl studies?"

Fanny answered nonchalantly. "Yes, actually. A doctorate. On the introduction of mailgirls to an existing business." She smirked.

"Well, you're certainly getting first hand exposure," Lindsay sneered.

Fanny couldn't help widening her grin. "Exposure, very funny."

Lindsay glared. "Oh, I don't make jokes." Those breasts were really clogging her mind. What was happening to her?

Fanny remained apparently oblivious both to Lindsay's sniping and her inner turmoil. She stepped closer to the boss's desk. "My research will be of value to the company. I'm looking at the changes it causes to the workplace. Trying to gauge if there is any productivity improvements, the effect on morale. And to assess the differences between the implementations in the States and here. Measuring everything, profitability, length of tenure -- how long the mailgirls stay. And the long-term effect on the mailgirls. And on the staff. Mental health, everything." Seemingly she had delivered this explanation before.

But she now had Lindsay interested in something more than her gravity defying bust. "How are you doing all this?" Lindsay asked, while still trying to maintain some distance, downplay her interest.

Fanny continued. "Behavioural analysis, surveys, polling attitudes. And HR data."

"You haven't polled me," Lindsay complained.

Fanny was still in explanation mode. "It's a random selection. But I'm happy to use the questionnaire to interview you. Let's make a time." She waited but Lindsay did not offer anything. So she went back to her more pressing work. "Anyway, you called me for a message?"

Lindsay responded offhand, back on safe territory. "Yes, can you find Johnson?"

Fanny did not get it. "Huh?" she asked.

Lindsay looked at the mailgirl angrily. Then she realised. "You people don't use surnames, I forget. Mitchell. Can you find Mitchell?" Her tone was steeped in sarcasm. "I need to understand his monthly reports. If you find him can you tell him I need him here to explain them."

Fanny started to turn which jiggled her attributes. Then she stopped. "Ah, okay," she began. Then she thought. "Oh, and when I find him do you mind, can I sit in on the discussion. Monthly reporting sounds like something I could be looking at."

Lindsay initially reacted against that impertinence. Mailgirls were supposed to be mere messengers. But a sudden recollection suggested that she should give Fanny the access she requested. Something came to her, a memory that Mr Harada had mentioned Fanny's work. So, just in case. Lindsay tried to keep her eyes off those tempting pink nipples topping Fanny's impressive breasts. But she wanted to keep from have to acknowledge the mailgirl's look of triumph. Lindsay looked past Fanny, towards the door to her office. "Well, since you deigned to turn up here today, I guess so," she allowed.

And with that, the difficult encounter was over, and Lindsay could go back to her work.

*

After work Jackson sat in a booth, as arranged, waiting. She usually did not find time for self reflection. But here she was, alone, semi-secluded, sipping on her wine and lulled by some inoffensive background music. She began to mull on the day and then on the recent weeks and months. Despite being exposed in ways she had never imagined when she set out on her career, she felt quite happy that she had no strong feelings for any of her clothed colleagues who daily saw her naked. She felt that way too about most of the mailgirls, the exceptions being Fanny who had been a friend before the whole circus started and Lauryn because of their history before.

And Mitch? Well, she enjoyed teasing Mitch but that was a game like those she used to play with boys rather than out of any fondness for Mitch in particular. Sure, he was clearly and visibly taken with her. She sighed. Was she deluding herself about that? He was married and had a family. But still... What did she really feel for Mitch? Certainly she had been upset for him when she heard about his demotion. And sure, he knew what do to get her off. But what more was there between them than that? He was no longer boss and she had adapted to that, cooled it with him. After all, adaptation was why she was sitting in private in a booth at Jacksons, far enough away from work. And waiting for Lindsay Davenport to show up.

Jackson mused further as to how she had adopted the spirit of the mailgirl, teasing the workers, playing up to them and expressing herself sexually in ways that she never before thought she could. Her relationships and crushes seemed so tame now. So ordinary. She had surprised herself how easy she found being a mailgirl. Her naked vulnerability was not an issue. She was comfortable. Harada Industries was a safe place to be a mailgirl. And she only gave as much of herself as she felt. Sure she kept an eye on the other mailgirls' welfare, but that was who she was. She cared in her previous job and that made her a good union official. And now she was genuinely concerned about how Heather McKay was getting on as a mailgirl in the States. And how Pam was settling in. But once Jackson finished for the day she could completely uncouple and be another version of herself. Except for now. She looked at her phone as she heard a door open. Lindsay Davenport strode in and came right up to where Jackson was sitting.

"Nice place," Lindsay observed. "And the name is easy for you to remember."

Jackson smiled, trying to be agreeable.

"So good of you to come," Lindsay continued as she busily sat down opposite her. "You don't have to go anywhere in a hurry?" Jackson shook her head and let Lindsay continue. "I thought we'd have a little girls' chat before we go shopping."

When Lindsay had summonsed her to suggest a drink after work, Jackson suspected that her boss was lonely which would be natural since she was settling in a new country that she presumably had no ties to before her abrupt transfer. Although Jackson did wonder why Lindsay had chosen her. Invited, haha. It was the sort of offer you could not turn down. Jackson wondered if she was the first one Lindsay had tried. But ever curious about people, Jackson politely accepted. And now, she would let Lindsay make the running. Jackson looked at her boss as if she was assuming that Lindsay had not yet finished, and she was being careful not to interrupt.

Lindsay sensed that. "Since we've finished work for the day," she continued, "we can let our hair down, get to know each other before we head out shopping."

So Jackson tried. "How are you settling in? Do you like Melbourne?" she asked, trying to appear at least a little animated. But felt a bit silly for being so trite. Not that Lindsay seemed to notice.

"It's a bit quieter than I'm used to. But I left all my friends back there."

"You have no one coming to join you?" Jackson realised how little she knew about her boss.

"That's the fate of the modern executive. You are offered an opportunity halfway around the world and you have to do what's right for the company. And I have to ask, how are you handling your role?"

Jackson smiled. "Oh, I cope from day to day."

"Look, I'm not completely heartless. It must have been a bit adjustment for you."

Jackson thought about that. "Not really. After the initial, I won't say shock, rather I would say change, after getting used to it, it becomes a sort of routine."

Lindsay tried to appear impressed. "You seem to get by quite well."

Jackson chose to play along. "I guess I wouldn't still be doing it."

"And does it help other things?" Lindsay smiled, hoping to seem interested in Jackson, the person.

MrStill
MrStill
147 Followers