Mailgirls on the Run Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
eltree
eltree
84 Followers

Mr Starnes pressed on, "And our final recommendation is that we provide some incentive for the mailgirls to run well. We believe that they be provided with normal meals on training days and the promise of a feast for all mailgirls if they perform well on the day."

Ms Barnes stated firmly, "That's a flat no. Human Capital cannot support that suggestion. Mailgirls will do as they are told."

Megan was still processing that Twenty-three was being shipped out - what was she going to tell Heather - when Mr Starnes responded, "We've got a 1 p.m. meeting with Mr Holt, we'll raise those issues with him."

Ms Barnes sputtered, "Human Capital is the final authority on the treatment of Mailgirls, we are not threatened by appealing to the Fifth Floor."

"Just tell yourself that. I'd worry more about the upcoming news story about mailgirls running. Those crowd shots won't convey the message that Community Relations and the senior executives are trying to send. Thank you for your time. Let us know how the contract talks with Fourteen go and what the decision is with Fifteen."

Mr Starnes turned to Megan, "Remember, 1 p.m. in Mr Holt's office."

* * * *

Megan was eating lunch at her desk while reviewing a draft report on a proposal that had been presented to the Investment Committee. Mr Bratz was a believer in peer reviews, both for providing feedback to the individual analysts and to make sure his staff was cognizant of more than just the work that landed on their desks. Megan found the exposure to multiple proposals helpful; the value of the feedback largely depended on who was providing it. Some of her colleagues proved to be very insightful, others just seemed out to tear down anything that they hadn't been assigned. Several were especially negative on anything that she produced, likely a legacy of her time as a mailgirl.

She heard a soft knock on her door and looked up to see Ten entering, carrying an envelope.

"Special delivery from IT" Ten announced as she handed Megan the envelope and leaned forward to allow Megan to tap her smartphone to record time of delivery.

"Close the door. This should be the video from yesterday's "incident " as Ms Barnes characterized it. She assured me that Mistress V will be appropriately punished. I don't care about Mistress V, as far as I'm concerned she's no more guilty than the cane that scored my ass. The Security Office told me yesterday that Ms Aldridge had directed them to purge the video and they did, but of course the IT folks have their own cache."

Ten asked, "Where do you want to take this?"

"I want to stick it to Ms Aldridge; she's been tormenting me long enough. I really looked up to her, she was a terrific role model showing that a woman could succeed and be a power in her own right. But, I know how she's treated me and that can't go on."

"I can have HR quietly look into whether there have been any other incidents or complaints involving Ms Aldridge, but you know sexual harassment charges usually don't work out well for the accuser even when the charges are substantiated."

"I was thinking more of assault. The Mailgirl Program is inherently sexist, but they've sold it as a productivity enhancing project and while many of us were coerced into the program, they can point to those women who have renewed their contracts and now the women who applied to be mailgirls as proof that mailgirls have bought into the program. But, whipping my ass a year after I fulfilled my contract is a breach of faith."

"Megan, give me a chance to have HR look into this and you might see if Jeremy will pitch it to Mr Holt as sending the wrong impression to the press and the politicians. Coercing women into signing mailgirl contracts has become established practice and as you said those of us who sign up for another two years or just apply for the position have gone a long way to legitimizing the whole sordid business. But, caning you outside of the legal protection of that contract is different. To win your case however, you're going to need genuine support from HR and Community Relations and your management as well. Keep that video safe and let me see what I can find out."

Ten's smartphone buzzed. "Ah, well. A mailgirl's day is never done. I've got a pickup and delivery to make."

* * * *

Megan let Bob Starnes take the lead at the one o'clock meeting. Her caning was not mentioned. Mr Holt was receptive to the suggestion of shoes; Mr Dawlish lost interest when the lack of a significant heel became apparent. Megan wasn't sure, but she thought he might be putting them on. The meal proposal provoked more discussion. Megan finally chimed in, "Strangely, mailgirls often learn to take pride in providing prompt and reliable delivery service. It is, after all, what they do and is a positive aspect midst oppressive working conditions. None of these women were competitive runners and I don't know they will learn to appreciate running well for its own sake in a few short months. Decent food will provide an incentive all will understand and appreciate. They'll still be down on their knees eating Mailgirl Chow in the dining room four to five times a week and showcasing eighteen instead of twenty-four mailgirls will detract little from the spectacle."

Mr Holt and Dawlish did concur with the lineup of Three, Four, Twelve, Fourteen, and Twenty-two for the team plus the new Twenty-three. Mr Dawlish said that he would arrange for Fifteen's transfer to Chicago to be delayed until post-race. He also said that he would order the bras for each runner including Fifteen.

Mr Holt mentioned, "I am concerned about the mob scenes that have attended these running trials. This is not how we want to project SG&T's image. Do you expect this to continue?"

"We do expect the girls to do some training outdoors, but instead of a set schedule we'll get them outside at irregular intervals and that schedule will be shared solely with Human Capital and Security. The Corporate Challenge in October will, however, likely draw a large crowd of spectators."

Jeremy chimed in, "I've talked to Fox 5 management about their plans for the video they shot on Sunday. They plan to save it for sweeps week with promos leading up to the report. They will not provide us with a preview or allow and right of review."

Mr Holt said that he would look into it and the meeting ended on that note.

eltree
eltree
84 Followers
12