Making a New Life in the Future

Story Info
She ends up in 2066 by accident.
18.4k words
3.06
1.6k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Warning Slow But Necessary Burn......

*2023= RESEARCH LAB*

The year is 2023 and we are currently in a lab that looks so futuristic that it looks more like it's from 2096 instead of 2023. Which was fitting as everything looks so advanced, so much so they even have holograms in a few places. And they are one of the few tech companies to have an AI System of some kind, but worry not as the AI itself is not smart enough to become evil. At least not yet and now we catch up with our main protagonist of the story as she is just entering the check in process.

She is making her way down a long white hallway, with a few of her collages also doing the same thing. There was nothing along this hallway but a door at the end of it, and she reached the end of it she leaned in to the Retina Scanner and allowed it scan her eyes. and once when the Red Light turned Green to indicate that she has clearance to enter this area. And once she cleared of that rea she needed to enter another long corridor unlike with the previous corridor this one is basically one big sensor to see if she or anyone that is walking through it to see if they have, any hidden spying devices or weapons on them.

And at the end of this corridor had another door but this one requires an ID Card and when she inserted her card in to it the light on the digital pad turned Red to Green just like, with the pervious door. Bu this time when she was admitted in it opened up to a similar clean futuristic lab. And before she could enter the lab itself, she would need to walked through a smaller corridor and at the end of this small corridor there is a DE sanitation room. As soon as she walked in to this room air and white smoke blew up from under neath and top of this chamber, to make sure that she is cleared of all potential outside bacteria.

As soon as the steam and disappeared and the air had stopped blowing, she was cleared to move on. But while the air was blowing up it forced her white lab coat flap around the place. As soon as she exited, she made her way to the main area of this part of the lab.

"Ready?"

"Sure, it's not like it's going to be any deferent than the last ten times." A random scientist mumbled to herself. Before taking a plastic toy, doll and placing it in the chamber.

After nodding her head slightly to indicate that she was ready for the experiment to begin, and as soon as she took a few steps back. And as soon as the door to the chamber closed red lights started flashing along with the AI Voice repeating "Please stand clear, please stand clear, please stand clear." Until the door had finally closed.

When the door to the chamber fully closed a large metal shield panel all in Pitch Black and about the size of the Chamber itself. Lowered and as soon as that happened the scientist that was near the controls of the machine pressed in another sequence of buttons. After doing so the intensely bright florescent blue light penetrated the gaps of the chamber shield, and not long after when the shield started deactivating and since the chamber was engulfed with the black smoke non of the scientist could see what was going on. They would need to wait until the vents sucked all of the black smoke out of the chamber first, and once when that was done.

All was left was the plastic toy doll to which is now all but mostly liquefied and charred. And you could see the disappointment on all of the scientist's face. And so, they got to work on modifying the machine, and when they where finished their next attempt wasn't much better. By this time, it was about lunch time and so it was agreed that they would continue after. By the end of the day they thing they might have succeeded and the result was that the plastic toy doll that they put in did not liquefied but it was still smoking.

*ELSA'S HOME*

"Mommy's home!" as her oldest son John said exactly while her two other children Ava her youngest daughter and Eric her middle son. All came running up to her like they have not seen her in weeks, and they weren't the only ones as her husband Randy walked up to her and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Hi honey how was your day?"

"You know I can't talk about it?"

"Oh right...right..."

The rest of the night went as you might expect the kids talked to her about their day and what they and their friends have been up to.

"Madison and I--"

"Yeah, then Sophie said--"

Then after dinner they spent most of the night watching a movie and wit the oldest being just nine and the youngest being only six, they were limited to Family Movies. They had a tough time deciding amongst each other on what to stream or watch. But in the end, they decided on 'Once Upon A Star' while the parents are in the kitchen getting the popcorn ready. By the time that the parents returned to the family room and the start of the movie, all three kids got in to position which was Ava on the left of her mom and John to her left and finally Eric to dad's right.

And by the time that the movie was over all of the kids have shifted positrons like they usually did. and since that it is the weekend, they were allowed to be on their own for about an hour and half or so. Before they had to go to bed, John and Eric decided to spend this time in John's room doing their own thing while Ava decided to spend the time in her own thing reading. As she was reading a book that has had her hooked.

"Okay Ava sweet heart time to go to bed."

"Okay mommy." She said with a little disappointment in her voice.

"Okay boys it's time for bed."

"Awe oh c'mon mom just five more minutes--"

"Bed--"

"Please." Eric begged. As he did not want to go to bed.

"I won't tell you again bed." But this time Elsa had said it with a little more authority in her voice.

"Oh, okay Goodnight John."

"Goodnight."

"Night mom." As Eric Reluctantly made his way back to his own room. After brushing his teeth.

*RESEARCH LAB*

A few weeks later Elsa is back at work and they are running another test and to all of their surprise, the test did actually work at least the plastic toy doll wasn't all charred and liquefied.

"It—it---worked--" one of the scientist's exclaimed exactly and in amazement at the same that it actually worked.

But as he made his way to the chamber and picked up the plastic toy doll, after waiting for the chamber doors to open of course. He noticed something interesting when he held the plastic toy doll in his hand and that is that the plastic toy doll that he was hold felt really cold. As if it had just been in the refrigerator for a while, but either than that there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the plastic toy doll.

"It looks fine, aside from feeling cold that is."

"Alright let's move on to phase two I need some one to go to the kitchen and grab me some sort of fruit--"

"I'll do it ma'am." One of the female scientists raised her hand excitably. As if she was back in school.

"Alright go."

While she was gone the other scientists all started discussing on how they could eliminate the after effects of the object being cold. At some point Elsa walked over to where the plastic doll was being kept and picked it up, and indeed it did feel cold even thou it was left alone ever since that other scantest placed it there. When that female scantest had finally made her way to the kitchen for that part of the building.

*KITCHEN OF RESEARCH LAB BUILDING*

"Oh professor, how can we help you?"

"Professor Wong is ready to move on to the next phase and she wants fruit."

After a long steer the chef finally believed her "The only fruits that we have that we could spear are bananas."

"It would have to do I'll take it."

*RESEARCH LAB*

After being handed a handful of bananas she started making her way to the testing area and tried to re-enter the testing area the computer refused to let her back in, as food and drinks are not allowed in the lab. "Security override E439W29F0 Override acknowledge."

"Security override confirmed."

"Good I authorize that the bananas to be permitted in the lab for scientific purposes only."

"Acknowledge."

After finally being allowed in the computer not only sanitise the scientist but also the bananas as well. "Ma'am should we inform the head researcher first?"

"You worry about this and I'll worry about that when I get around to it."

*ACTIVATING THE DEVICE*

As soon as they placed the banana in the chamber and activated the device after when the shielding of the chamber was removed. They found out that the banana had fully blew up and so they had to do a little more modification on it. Then later that night when Elsa had made her way home and had already put her children to bed, some time in the night.

*ELSA'S HOME*

"MOM!!!!!" her daughter yelled after had just waken up from a dream.

"What is it Ava sweety?"

"I just had a bd dream."

"Mind telling mommy what the bad dream was about?"

And when her daughter hesitated "Oh come on some times it helps to talk about bad dreams to make them go away."

"I dreamt that you went to work and never came back--" and it was at this point she started crying. Prompting Elsa to hold her daughter close.

"Oh, sweety you know that mommy is always going to come back?"

*RESEARCH LAB*

About a month later they where ready to conduct another test and to everyone's surprise it was successful test, just to be safe they decided to try out another one and it worked. "Let's try increasing it to one minute."

After making some modifications to the machine they where ready to make another test and as soon as they placed another banana in there the shield closed, and the chamber did its thing. And when the shield was removed the shield, the banana was no longer there, and after waiting about a minute the very same banana reappeared.

"Perfect call her up tell her we finally succeeded."

"Yes, right away ma'am."

A few days later the head professor had finally had time to personally watch a demonstration in person. After when the test was another successful again the head professor ordered a conference, during the conference and after all of the questions was answered they reconstructed the experiment, and like the experiments before the very same banana they placed in the chamber reappeared.

"—and I'm happy announce that we well be able to start human trials soon."

For next coming months they weren't able to find anyone that they think would perfect for the trial. Everyone that was brave enough either backed out or they just didn't have the right mind set for this test, and those that did had some kind of medical condition that may throw off the test. In the end they where only able to get twenty-six volunteers, in total and besides they have managed to generate some controversy ever since that press conference.

One day Elsa decided that she would be the volunteer as there was no other choice to her eyes for very obvious reasons. As you could Imagin her other colleges and underlings was not happy about this. Some even demanded that they be the first but, in the end, they finally agreed to let her do it, of course it also took a whole lot of convincing on her part. But t was them that she needed to convince, it took a little more effort but she finally was able to convince the head professor.

With the condition that they hold another conference competently ignoring the controversy they have accidentally created. But to the head professor this maybe the only time that they would be able to televised this demonstration. But the conference wasn't to take pace until a month later, and so they needed to get prepared or that. Started by drawing some of Elsa's blood to make sure that she is fit enough to travel. And that any and all illness's that she might have would not be a problem for the very first-time travel.

Then about two weeks later some legal papers were drawn out to the best of the head scientist's abilities. After signing the contract, it was time to schedule other medical testes for Elsa, and that is what she was doing for the rest of the time. Instead of working in the lab on the time machine.

*ELSA'S HOME*

It didn't take the smartest person in history to figure out that her husband was beyond pissed. And to her surprised her kids did not run and greeted like they usually do, in fact the house was pretty quit, at first Elsa thought that her husband arranged a surprised going away date.

"Hay honey where are the kids?"

"I sent them to your mother's."

"Oh? Have something special planed, do you?"

But as soon as she realized the expression on her husband's face, she right way realized he wasn't plaining a surprise going away date for her. "No, I have to talk to you."

"Talk to me about what sweetheart?"

"Don't you sweetheart me." He said that with such poison in his voice.

"What what's wrong?"

"How could you make this decision with out talking to me first!!"

"You're right it was wrong and stupid and selfish of me to make this hug choice before talking to any of you first!"

"Huh and you're supposed to me the smart one?!" he said sarcastically.

"So, what you want me to do about it now?"

"What you're going to do is go down there and tell them that you've changed you mind tomorrow morning." And it was at this point he started waving his hands around.

"I can't do that you know--"

"And why is that?!"

"Because they can sue our ass's off--"

"What!!!"

"Yeah, they had me sign a contract today."

"Stupid Bitch!" he mumbled.

"Okay...okay fine.....fine.... but you go don't bother coming back. --" and it was at this point the doorbell rang to notify the both of them that their kids had just arrived back home from spending time at grandma and grandpa's. and with out a ward her husband left the kitchen, while she went and answered h e door on the fourth rang.

Then some time a little later on when her husband had left the house, in an attempt to calm down. "Kids mommy wants to talk to you--" and by this time Randy decided to try to cool off by spending some time out of the house.

"We didn't do anything--"

"John did it--" tried to blame whatever trouble that they might be on, on Eric.

"No sweety non of you are in trouble mommy just wants to talk to you."

"What?--"

"Mommy's going to do something very important tomorrow but it is also dangerous--"

And from there her daughter ran off after screaming "You Lied Mommy!!!!"

By bedtime her two sons came in to her room and talked to her a little bit before hugging her then after sitting on her king-sized bed that she shared with her husband. She got up and made her way to one of her drawer and pulled out a small picture frame with a picture of her in it. The picture was of her when she was just over eight months pregnant with her daughter Ava. And took it to her room, to which by she was already in bed not sleeping but sulking with the lights off and only the light from the outside street lights illuminating her room as best it can.

When she heard her mother knocking lightly on her door "Ava sweetheart? Honey? Can I come in?"

"Go Away!" Ava shouted.

"Mommy has something to give you."

It was at this point Ava roughly tossed her covers off of her and flung opened her bedroom door just to see what her mother wants, with hopes that it would get ride of her. "Why?"

"Listen sweety mommy just wants to give you something--"

"Okay fine." And with that Ava took whatever that was in her mother's hand with out knowing or caring what it was and just carelessly tossed it in the pial of her stuff animals just along the wall and out of the way of her window.

It was at this point where she decided to call it a night and when she went to shout off the lights in the house. Starting with the ones in the living room, then she moved on to the kitchen even thou the lights weren't on she switched them on anyways and started cleaning the counter tops even they didn't need to be cleaned a little it helps calms her down some times, and she did the same to the fridge and oven. And when she shout off those lights she started getting an uneasy feeling, and that feeling was carried on when she went to shout off the lights in the upstairs hallway.

Before going to bed, she decided to take a shower first and while waiting for her hair to dry she wanted to go over her notes, and her past research. But that some how made things worse and so she just switched to doing a few other things and non of them seemed to calm her down, or even take her mind off of it. And what's worst is when she finally decided to head off to sleep, she found that she couldn't close her eyes. the moon light shining on her eyes through the master bedroom window made her thought of what it might be like being inside that chamber when it is activated.

In the morning when she woke up, she found that her husband didn't sleep in the same bed as her, instead he choose to sleep in one of the other spear bedrooms. And when she went down stairs for her usual breakfast, she got a cold reception from him.

In fact, the only thing that he said was, "I'll take the kids to school." With out even waiting for her response. Qhile ushering their kids out the door with Ava having trouble trying to put her knapsack on and make her way out the door, after slipping her shoes on first.

*LAB*

But eventually the morning came like the past months she had to plough through some demonstrators outside first.

"Stop the Time Travel Project--"

"Don't mess with time or time would mess with you back--"

"Don't time travel--"

"Time is perfect--"

The day seemed to go a little too fast for Elsa's liking maybe it's because she was still bothered by what her husband had said last night. In particular the part about not coming back, if she decides to do this. And of course, with her preparing for her historic trip also did nothing in the matter. Pretty soon the media started arriving and after a last minute interview she was ready to go.

"So, what made you volunteer to go through this historic trip?"

"Well, the truth after going through seemingly endless of candidates we've decided that I was the best as they had no scientific knowledge. Like myself which was why in the end I decide to volunteer instead--"

"Could you please tell us why was the time machine chamber built in the first place?"

"Sure, it was originally built to accelerate organ growth to keep more people alive and if all goes well they would be spending less time in the hospital, and hopefully some day we would eventually use it on algaculture. To accelerate the growth of vegetables. And that's just the beginning--"

"Really?"

"Yep."

"And could you also please tell us how are you feeling going in to that time chamber? Are you excited? Scarred?"

"Well so many things are going through my mind right now it's hard to sort them out and discrip them to you."

"Well okay think you for the interview."

"Okay it's my pleasure."

"And now the hug moment that we've all been waiting for professor Elsa is about to enter the time chamber, and be the first to trans port herself one minute in time and in to the history books, no let's watch."

Elsa took a deep breath knowing now that the camera was trained on her and that every one on the planet is watching, with hopes that her family in particular her husband and her daughter is watching.

And before anything Elsa happened the newscaster directed the camera to the controls "Pretty soon the scientists behind me would hit a few of these controls and activate the machine, that would send professor Elsa forward in time." All the while the rest of the scientists stood out of the way so the camera could get a good look at the controls. Or at least the side and back of it as they weren't allowed to film the face part of it for safety reasons as that is where the controls were.