Making Her Happy

Story Info
Zoe thinks she's happy but Demetrius shows her she's not.
10.2k words
4.03
24.7k
40
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Readers welcome to another interracial tale of mine. This story will feature two people figuring what happened to them, drinking, and interracial sex between characters above the age of 18. Please enjoy this story, rate it, and leave a comment if you're moved to do so.

-------------------------------------

Zoe pulled her car into the parking spot but refused to shut it off. She gripped the steering wheel as if she was trying to take the nonexistent life from it, a sign of how nervous she felt at the very odd situation she found herself in. Continuing to choke the leather fixture the static musings of the radio melted into the sound of her phone's ringtone. The new chime caused her to jump and for a second she couldn't even place the sound, but seeing the familiar text of Peter's name flash across the screen brought her back to reality. Pressing the center knob she answered, "Hey babe."

From the other side of the phone, a nasally voice rang out, "Where are you?" Zoe rolled her eyes as more strands were added to the knot that was quickly consuming her stomach. She hated lying, but she knew that if Peter found out where she was there would be an argument. Maybe argument wasn't the best word, more like him whining more than he usually did. Making a quick decision she simply stretched the truth.

"Oh I just left the gym, and I'm dropping off the last of the invitations," she heard her own voice say. She knew the words came out of her mouth, but it didn't seem like she was the one who said it. When did she become this person? When could she so callously lie to her fiance, a man that she thought she loved?

For a second she considered yelling out the truth, really telling him where she was, but his voice stopped her. "Okay, just remember we have dinner plans with mother and father," he said before hanging up. Zoe swallowed her stomach easing ever so slightly as she dodged one bullet. That would've been fine if she wasn't about to run into a minefield. Sighing she turned her car off and got out, what she was about to do wasn't going to be easy... but it needed to be done.

Walking through the open air of the area she was impressed, to say the least. Well cut grass and paver stones told her that she was in a place that was definitely outside of her price range. Having no time to waste on admiring the scenery she started looking for the apartment. "112, 113, 114," she said under her breath, getting closer to her prize. When she saw the distinctive 120 she knew she had the right place. Walking up the steps she knocked on the door, her knuckles barely making a sound. She paused for a second before knocking again a little harder. The invitation in her hand was slowly being crumpled as she counted the seconds before the door was answered. Her patience was rewarded as the door opened revealing the last person she truly wanted to see.

Demetrius was enjoying his afternoon, a few hours of peace from his usually hectic life. Fresh from the gym he got a shower and was ready just to sit back and bullshit when a knock at the door got his attention. "Tha hell?" he said to himself as he got up off of his couch. Moving across the floor he was annoyed as he opened it, but when he saw who it was his look immediately changed. There in front of him was his ex, Zoe. Standing in the low light of the afternoon sun she was giving him a pained smile, her soft cheeks puffed out. Her red hair was pulled back in a ponytail revealing her bright blue eyes. Standing there she was in a soft purple hoodie and blue tights, which did an amazing job of tracing the soft outline of her curves. Still, more than a knockout Demetrius spoke, trying to contain his feelings. "Zoe, what are you doing here?" he rushed out, both of them flinching at how it sounded. His naturally deep voice echoed deep from his chest, doing little to hide the bit of hurt that rode on his words.

The knot that had parked itself in her stomach earlier stayed there and was growing. It would've been so easy for her to just mail the stupid invitation to him, but no. Something in her, some voice that wouldn't shut up wanted to hand-deliver the stupid note, so here she was. Now all she had to do was hand him the stupid pastel invitation, she didn't even need to speak. It would've been the easiest thing to do, so why in the world was she not saying anything.

Demetrius saw the look on her face, a look of apprehension she wore when her own mind was reeling. His brown eyes flickered to the invitation and immediately the dots were connected. Knowing that the inevitable was coming he stepped back and asked, "You want to come in?" Zoe's body moved before her mind could even come up with a reason not to. Taking a step inside she was amazed at how great the apartment looked.

A testament to the money that he was now making, Demetrius had outfitted the entirety of it with sleek modern furniture. Leather black couches sat next to metallic looking tables, it gave an air of refinement that could only be matched by the host. Zoe took a seat on one of the couches, noting how soft it felt. Demetrius a little warry of the woman sat across from her, his eyes peering into her wondering just what this visit was for.

Zoe was the first to break from their staring contest, deciding to cut through the awkwardness of the silence. "Ugh so well I wanted to give you this," she said handing the small envelope to the man. In his own dark hand, he took it, staring at the bright bit of paper for a while. Reading over the script font he noted what he already thought it was...a wedding invite.

"Wow didn't think I would be invited," he said his voice filled with sadness. The way he spoke and looking at her longingly ripped at the woman. She had known him for so long and had seen that look so many times. It didn't matter though because it still struck at her core. Looking over at the man she studied his face. His face still had the same boyish look like the last time she saw him. The only difference was now he had his hair cut short, the long kinky curls were gone in favor of a faded cut. Even his face had a patch of hair on the chin, also kept neat. The overall aesthetic showed maturity in him that wasn't there when they were younger. She trailed her eyes over the rest of his body, he looked bigger even as he sat with his arms resting on his thighs. She could tell that he spent a lot of their time apart in the gym.

When she last saw him he was soft and rounded, still big but definitely in more of the teddy bear sense. Now he was a solid specimen who looked like he could easily snap her if this conversation went the wrong way. Swallowing Zoe thought about it, would he hurt her? Her eyes focused on his arms, dark black pythons that barely fit in the sleeves of his t-shirt. As she continued to stare at them flexing as he sat waiting, her mind drifted to other thoughts. What else could those arms be used for? What else had they been used for? Shaking her head she stopped that runaway train right there and focused on him. "Of course you're invited what would make you think any different?" she said hoping to resolve whatever she was feeling.

Demetrius sat up snorting a bit before he answered. "Well I didn't think Peter really would want me there," he admitted. The way he let the words slowly tumble out of his mouth had told her everything that she needed to know. He still disliked Peter, and she knew that Peter disliked him. Maybe it was her bridezilla side taking over, but she had always imagined Demetrius at her wedding...and she would have him there.

"I'm the bride D," she started noticing the word bride looked like it stabbed him in his heart. Making a mental note she made her case, "I want everyone who cares about me at the wedding. I know we haven't been on the best terms but I figured I could make up for it by inviting you to the wedding."

He stopped and just stared at her, truly not knowing what to say or how to react. This girl thought that it would be best to invite her ex to her wedding as a sign of goodwill. Zoe was a smart girl but sometimes she was so dumb. "Zo I appreciate it, but I can't," he said flatly.

Stunned by that admission Zoe had to figure out why, It just didn't make sense to her. "D, why not?" she questioned. Her eyes burned with needing to know why, while her stomach twisted and turned at what the answer could be.

Rocking forward Demetrius got up and looked at her. Zoe felt so small as she craned her neck to look up at him. His frame looked over her like she was nothing, and something in her felt excited at that fact. A flood of memories flowed back to her, memories that involved her being in this very position but with a lot less clothing. Blushing a shade that made her face match her hair she tried avoiding his gaze and ended up meeting his other "eye". Constrained behind a pair of grey sweats his cock was hanging limply but still every bit as impressive as she remembered it. Once again she looked away trying to contain the flood of fresh emotions.

"I'll get you some water," Demetrius said walking away without answer her question. While annoyed Zoe was thankful that she got a chance to compose herself and stare at his muscular back. Doing her best to swallow the returning emotions she buried them and tried to focus on anything else possible.

Sitting at the sink Demetrius huffed out his anger. He was beyond happy to see Zoe again considering their breakup had left him a bit more emotionally distraught than he would've liked to admit, but even with all of that he was still glad to see her. Picking up the filled glasses he returned to the room seeing Zoe obviously struggling like he was. She was wringing her hands together, her painted nails tinged red from the pressure. Taking pity on her he set the glass down in front of her and returned to his seat.

"Alright ya wanna know why I can't come?" he asked bringing her out of her stupor. Looking up she nodded. "I really don't want to see you get married," he bluntly told her. Zoe's eyes widened in shock at the confession, searching for any hint of a joke. She didn't find one and now she wanted to dig deeper and find out why.

"D, c'mon that's not fair!" she exclaimed.

"Kinda like the way you broke up with me?" he said his soulful voice taking a bitter turn. Sipping his water he dared her to say something. Zoe had no idea what she could say and was thankfully saved by Demetrius continuing to speak. "Zo, just cause we didn't work out doesn't mean I'm not happy for you. So how about we just drink to your new accomplishment?" he said, his face morphed into the warm smile she was familiar with. Still feeling the guilt she nodded her head, giving the man the perfect reason to get up. Making his way into the kitchen he left her with her own thoughts. Zoe sat there once again wringing her hands reliving that moment.

***A Few Years Ago***

Zoe felt terrible as she looked at the pained look on Demetrius' face. She realized that she had a terrible delivery and wanted to make things better. Reaching out she wanted to touch him to stroke him and calm the storm of emotions she knew that he was feeling. He recoiled moving his shoulder away, a distinctive show of pure hurt. The thing that really killed her was the fact that he was moving away from her. A few moments earlier he was enveloping her, but now he was far away...a stranger to her.

***Back in the Present***

"Zo," she heard Demetrius' voice, and it brought her back from the past. Looking up he was in front of her and once again she was face to face with his crotch. He was staring down at her, studying her face, recognizing her look of focus. So many years of knowing her gave him a great ability to tell what she was thinking. Placing a square glass down in front of her he returned to his seat placing his own glass down. In his off-hand, he held a crystal bottle filled with a dark brown liquor, his true love cognac. Taking the top off he poured a bit into her glass and some into his. Zoe picked hers up, clanking it against Demetrius' already raised glass. Bringing the glass to her lips she went slow, letting the fiery liquid down her throat. It had been so long since they shared a drink like that and it showed.

Zoe kept the liquor down but ended up coughing as the burning fluid made its way to her stomach. The fit of coughs caused her tits to jiggle as she tried to compose herself. Leaning back Demetrius chuckled as he took another sip of the drink. "What's a matter Zo, can't hold your liquor?" he said hiding behind a cocky smile. That cocky smile was burned into her memory, burned in the same way that the liquor burned her going down. Bringing the glass back up to her mouth she tossed back a little more of the liquid, focused on wiping the smirk off of his face.

"You know I used to be able to drink you under the table," she said while smiling. How could he forget? Back in their glory days the two of them spent a lot of nights curled up together topping their glasses off as fast as they would finish them. When the glass was empty they always found themselves going at it like animals, enjoying their bodies as the poison took them over. It was probably one of Demetrius' favorite memories, the way she would get drunk and immediately want to climb on him. The way her flush face found an excuse to meet his, and how she was more than willing to try and take all of him. Of course, he remembered.

Laughing Demetrius filled their glasses up again, focused on trying to recreate some of those memories. Looking across the way at the woman he grinned slyly, "If I remember correctly, I would have to help carry you back to our bed after you tried to drink me under." With another sip already down her throat, Zoe laughed at that. Her inner competitive drive and the vague memories of good times passed driving her to drink a bit more.

Her inhibitions were now lowered and something drove her to tease him a bit, "Oh you say that like you're complaining. I mean if I remember you loved carrying me."

"Oh yeah I loved having you whisper all those things in my ear," he tried to counter. It was meant to be sarcastic, but they both knew it was the truth. A drunk Zoe loved describing what she would do to his body. How she would take his cock and make him never want another woman. Strangely it was true...and both of them knew it. A tinge of guilt built up in her stomach as she felt the small space between her thighs warm affectionately. Each sip brought up a more than pleasant memory, each second she spent staring at him reminded her just how handsome he was. The smart and respectful thing would have been for her to put the drink down and leave. No way could she drive, but she could definitely call one of her friends. From across the couch, Demetrius was feeling the effects of his own few glasses. Each taste dug up feelings he was content to bury, but now they twinged to the surface alive and well. "You know I really did love it," he told her, his smile went from cocky to warm.

The way he stared at put cracks in her defense, she knew that she wasn't going to be leaving any time soon. Something in her was fueling her need to know why he reacted to her the way she did. Needing the liquid encouragement she finished her drink before grabbing for the bottle. The crystal felt so heavy as she picked it up, and did her best to steadily pour herself a glass. Wobbling a few drops hit the table before Demetrius' hands encased hers and steadied it. Feeling his soft embrace made her blush, but she allowed it so she wouldn't spill more of his liquor. With the glass sufficiently filled he guided her hands back down to the table, the container making a distinct clunk sound. "Thanks," she started, "So uhm D." He quirked his eyebrow up the nervousness something he hadn't really experienced with her before. Not knowing how or what to say she just blurted it out, "Why don't you want to see me happy?" The question was so accusatory but she had no other way of saying it.

Demetrius choked on his liquor taken completely by surprise. Quickly his brain scrambled for a reason, for some tiny indication to let her know. Regaining his composure he laughed at her, "Who said you are happy?"

Zoe's face flushed at the question, what right did he have to ask something like that? "I am happy, I'll be a married woman," she said defensively.

"Married women are happy?" he questioned back. Maybe it was the courage flowing through his veins but Demetrius knew that she wasn't happy and needed her to see it.

"Yes they are," Zoe quipped back insulted at the question. Her face contorted into a pout and she sat with her arms crossed.

"Bull," he said taking another drink. "If they were why do so many of them cheat or get divorced?" he questioned again casting a rock at her mental defense.

"They choose wrong," she told him, punctuating her sentence with a sip from her drink. The liquor was slowly pushing her to the edge and weakening her decision-making skills.

Demetrius mulled what she said over, his thoughts forming from a place of hurt. "You sure you're not choosing wrong?" he asked.

Zoe searched his face for a hint of malice but found none. Instead, a bit of sadness and hurt were etched into his ebony mask. "I'm sure," she said quietly, it was a half-hearted defense, to say the least. Demetrius caught onto that and like a wolf seeking his prey he lept.

"Alright tell me how he satisfies you," he said knowing damn well that she was going to have a tough time making her case.

"He's a great guy with a good job. His family is nice, and he can be kind," she stammered out. For some reason, she couldn't place all the things she liked about her man. It didn't need to be said but both of them recognized something.

Demetrius was the first to call out the obvious, "Sounds like a nice guy."

"He is," she said refusing to make eye contact. So deep was her embarrassment that she chose to take a deeper sip of the liquor as if she could wash away her embarrassment and shame.

Keeping the pressure on Demetrius continued to shake her, "So is he just nice, like is that all? Nice doesn't mean a good choice."

Keeping up her defense Zoe laughed, "There's nothing wrong with nice, you were always nice." She meant it as a shot, but it was more of a compliment.

"Huh, you're right," he conceded with a shoulder shrug. Zoe grinned enjoying her moment of victory at defending her finance. "I was never boring though," Demetrius ended. At those words Zoe had to begrudgingly agree, he was nowhere close to boring. It wasn't that he had the money to whisk her away on fancy vacations, no it was something else entirely. Demetrius had this unnatural ability to be a living party starter. People gravitated towards him, and he easily swept them up in the hurricane that was his charisma. Even if there were no people around or there was no money he found a way to do something. The memories of his various cobbled together plans and spur of the moment ideas hit her like a slow-building rain. Instead of the defensive facade, she put on her face melted to a smile as she recalled one of her favorite memories.

***A few years ago in Demetrius' dorm***

Zoe stood in the doorway truly amazed at what she was looking at. The small dorm room had been transformed into something that only existed in childish dreams. Blankets and pillows were strategically placed, looping into a makeshift fort that housed the only guy crazy enough to do it. Demetrius was on the floor smiling back at her dressed in long plaid pajama pants and a black t-shirt, "Real nice pj's," he said. Zoe sat there not just looking at him, but the entire romantic scene. No matter what she would always have the image of the popcorn bowl, her favorite candies, and drinks surrounding him. "Ready for a sleepover?" he asked sarcastically, already knowing the answer.