Making of a Starship Captain Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The receptionist looked at him. "Hal," she said, activating her touchscreen. "Last name?"

"Uh...." In nine years, Mike had never thought to ask. He saw that the receptionist was expecting an answer. "I... I don't know."

"You don't know your friend's last name?" The receptionist asked.

"We were always on a first name basis," said Mike. "He was the night watchman. Can't you look him up by that?"

The receptionist gave him an odd look. "Young man, there is no night watchman."

"No night watchman?" Mike thought rapidly. "No night shift operator?"

"Young man, the plant performs only automated tasks during the night shift. There is no staff at night." She became more and more suspicious by the minute. "I think you'd better go now." She reached out to press a button.

Mike got out of there.

********

There was no night shift operator at Robolawya. Nor any night watchman.

Then who had Mike come to visit several times a week over the past nine years?