Maladaptive Daydream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cassie opened her eyes and looked around. She was completely alone and naked in her bed. The candles all burned out. The incense had stopped burning and only left a herby smell in the room. She looked around the bed, soaked where she had come so many times. Her sore muscles resisted as she slowly sat up propping herself up with her hands. The first light of day was creeping in around the blue and gold curtains. She thought she could hear a bird sing from far away. The smoke from the herbs was all but gone.

Her room was quiet and neat. Other than the candles that were on her dresser, the bedside tables and the little desk in the corner. They had all burned down and out leaving drips and puddles of cold wax. Cassie tried to remember her night but details slipped through her fingers like sand. She could only remember that feeling of his breath on her neck,his voice but not what he said, the smell of him, and the unshakable feeling that he was still there watching her. She laid back down staring at the ceiling until she fell asleep exhausted. And as she slept she dreamt of next Halloween when she would be able to be with her lover again.

12