All Comments on 'Maliciously Administering'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Very nice.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I never heard of a cockwombie before but I understand its meaning. So much for cheating on someone who understands how the law works. Better luck next time and hopefully Justin doesn't have too many headaches.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this tale immensely. Clever plot line. Insightful thought processes of cheating wife. Decent revenge.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

They got what was coming to them in the end!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another fine piece from this excellent author.

KarnevilKarnevilover 1 year ago

Very well written piece. Unfortunately I got bored long before the end. In my trade I've met many members of our fine police force, most are decent folk and a lot have become my friends. However, there are a few who consider themselves superior and tend to look down at others, simply due to their profession. Our main character here reminded me of just such holier than thou knobends. I think I might have got past that but then we learned how he immediately paired up with the neighbour. I wonder exactly how many cheated on wives think "I know! I'll revenge fuck the other guy!" my guess the total is precisely zero. Yet it happens regularly in the loving wives category.

A good basic idea spoiled by unbearable characters are poor plot decision making.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Now that was good rollicking fun

5/5

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Good plot, nicely wrapped up, with a bit of humour to take the edge off what so often becomes a bit morbid and sad. Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a really good story love the plot,xx

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I gave you 5 stars, but I do think the story could be improved with a final confrontation.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

Nice story, well done!

WittonWittonover 1 year ago

Way above average for a BTB yarn - usually the guy commits numerous felonies with illegal viretaping and wiretapping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good yarn with a different spin.

Well done.

Cheers

Shepard_N7Shepard_N7over 1 year ago

Decent story, but Jesus, the repeated use of the word "cockwomble"...

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

Well done, sir, well done. Thanks.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Loved the plan for catching them and getting revenge. Coldcocking the guy and then passing out on him was hilarious.

The rest of the story was pretty far fetched even for an LW story. A 40 year marriage that we're given no background on but, considering the way their retirement started out you would have to believe was a pretty good marriage. After a short period of a slimeball talking to her they come up with drugging their spouses so they can meet in the middle of the night to fuck? Zero believability even within the LW realm this is set in.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Thank you for a well constructed story. For once, instead of those crazy US laws regarding Relationships/Marriage, the use of Trusts to protect assets was very clear. The US could do the same but it seems their thieving Lawyers don't do their jobs correctly. They don't seem to understand Trusts, nor correctly use Pre-nups etc. Anyway, thanks again. I enjoyed the story. Cheers.

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

5 stars, and thank you for teaching your American cousin the most useful word "cockwomble" !

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Thanks, a thoroughly enjoyable read.

imhaplessimhaplessover 1 year ago

Cute with original parts; what's not to like? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I live in Alabama, but I will definitely be calling someone a "cockwomble" in the near future. Good story.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Quite clever, quite original, and quite complete. Loved it all the way thru. A clear 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but a simple reccomendation. This is a global community. Use of a regional abrieviation tends to stop flow of a story. At one point, the story mentions, I believe, ABH. From context, I assumed BH was bodily harm. I did a fruitless Google search for ABH. Stopped the flow of the story for me, and it was tough to get the flow back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, like your writing. Good to get lost in for 15-20 minutes…..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not bad. Not great. Too much narration. And lack of any final conversation between the MC and wife robbed readers of any catharsis—sorry but the second hand exposition via the son visiting the bitch in jail was weak tea.

.

3 ***

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the read, I understand the deception but I would have been hard pressed not kicking his bloody ass.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Extra points for use of "cockwomble" to describe Justin. Also interesting to see a mention of the British Transport Police in a story. 5* entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

You struck the right balance between humor and carrying the plot forward

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting

Story. Good job.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

"Story does not have any tags" - be respectful to your readers and use some TAGS!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Little bit clinical at times, but I really enjoyed the detailed plot to breakup the affair. The narrative flowed well and was engaging for us readers. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

That worked just fine! Drugging the spouses at night is a pretty outrageous idea, but I bet it's been done sometime by someone. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice entertaining story. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What is not to love about this little story? In the end the good people find a life partner that puts the other one first. The cheating cunt wife fucked herself so good she is without a husband, children and now very little money with no place to call her own. The cheating husband gets all the sex he never thought about before with his cell mate Bubba.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 1 year ago

A twisted little crime scheme with a happy ever after ending. Wonderful story!

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Very nice tale and an entertaining way out of the dilemma. Worth 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a fucking good read. Great job

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done.

jmm999jmm999over 1 year ago

Just gave it a 5.

Check email.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Charming and witty!

Thanks for the story and I look forward to more.

-jog

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

A great read.

Thank you, OnlyInMyMind.

Five stars.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

A carefully constructed story; I like Mark's careful, clinical response to the situation. It is accepted in LW that "cheaters always make a mistake" but the one you invented here is a particularly clever one. Thank you for posting it.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindover 1 year agoAuthor

First, thank you for your comments, all of them. Criticisms first.

I apologise sincerely for the absence of tags. Forgetting is no excuse. Sorry.

To the reader who had to stop in mid-story to Google ABH. Sorry too. The MC was arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm. If I had put (ABH) afterwards, as I should, the story would have made an easier read. My bad!

Excessive use of 'cockwomble'; fair point. The English language provides a plethora of equally dismissive terms; e.g. 'noxious little wanker', 'pompous little tit' etc. I should have been less lazy and used more alternatives. Sorry, I'm still learning.

Ib hindsight, I could have tried to explore the couples' relationships a bit more, as in at all, but I was more interested in the outcome.

As to a confrontation afterwards: thinking about it, as an ex-copper, our MC knows why people do bad things; they want to, they can, they don't think they'll get caught. Why bother asking? He wouldn't have given his ex the comfort of trying to justify her actions. He just dismissed her, that must have hurt more. In addition, I thought he'd have avoided being in a position where, because of his attitude or pointed comment, she realise he'd orchestrated events. Why risk screwing up a successful outcome in a momentary fit of pique?I

For those who enjoyed the story. Thanks for your comments, they mean a lot

I enjoyed writing this story but I don't have any similar plots in mind yet. Still, one lives in hope.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 1 year ago

Excellent. Thank you.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

Good story, well told, no gripes!

Thank you!

R.S.

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

"I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor is dryer than the Texas wind" Great little read.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Well written. 5*.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Nice.

Well crafted plot and interesting.

Job well done.

Top ratings from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

I liked the use of cockwomble in the story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can't add much to the negative comments that have been noted by earlier readers but must note that one of the "fun" reasons for reading a story written in "English" is that I learn so much of our common language (I'm a Yank). IF you keep writing stories I'm sure you will change your style and semantics enough to satisfy most readers and still help the rest of us enjoy a story from your point of view.

Now picture us in a small pub with a pint of DD light ale as a foolish Yank uttering the phrase "Cheers" as he enjoys a short work visit with the locals while at one of the old US Air Force bases back in the late 1970's. It was good to be back in the home of my ancestors trying to learn the language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much Story Telling and not enough talking. 2*

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

I read a few of the comments and your explanation. I found the story well-balanced. The "very English" wording was exactly how I imagine a fairly bright and senior British cop would speak. Yeah, you missed on a few explanations like ABH. Big deal. You certainly did not need to go into a long-winded explanation of their lives and how they got the point of the story. The man was older, retired and had some experience in crime scenes. So he could stage his epic revenge. I loved it. 5 stars.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Great story. Fun to read. Thanks for the story.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

It was probably mentioned before by other commenters, but I feel the need to reiterate it: for no particular reason, Sheila's actions here are just plain evil.

I understand where Justin is coming from - the man's an obvious sociopathic narcissist that couldn't care less about the wellbeing of anyone, as long as he gets what he wants. Sheila, on the other hand, seems to have turned into a legit monster evidently out of nowhere, not only cheating on her husband, but in his own house after roofying him while planning to steal his money and running away with her lover... If the bitch was THAT tired of the man, why not just divorce him? And that ugly side of her must have been well hidden for years since I really doubt Mark wouldn't have noticed before how conniving and legitimately dangerous she turned out to be.

This is beyond your everyday Martian Slut Ray affair. Julie and her husband could have ended up dead over their daily consummation of roofies. Sure, I get that the cockwomble couldn't give two shit... but her? Doing this to the father of her children? The grandfather or her grandkids? The man who seemingly was a decent husband for all the decades they were together? Completely puzzling, especially given the conversation she had with her son...

Maybe Justin is not the only character here with brain injuries.

Fine BTB. 'Do not mind Mark and Julie ending up together, even though such an epilogue is, frankly, quite pedestrian. Always nice to read of a MC who actually trust his gut, though... even if he was a copper.

Thanks for the share, author.

firedog451firedog451over 1 year ago

Great read. Don't know how anyone could complain about where you are from. You told us up front. If they have a problem with the minor difference in language they should learn to not read language they don't care for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everyone knows you take your vitamins in the morning after you eat... not at night just before you go to bed with a drink of alcohol... and he was suppose to be a detective?

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

“Cockwomble”. There’s a word you don’t hear often enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. I loved it.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wish could of got more time for both in the Pen.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

It was an ok story but us yanks are bit critical some times. Keep writing

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Another great story, you’re definitely one of the good guys. I love the way you think, as well as how you write. A *5 from me.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
OK tale for the “gotcha!” crowd.

That seems to be the only focus of these things. The entire marriage is only an establishing framework for nailing and crucifying the wife.

Thus, we get a detective story combined with an opportunity to fuck a woman over. The detective story is to keep the average reader mildly entertained, while the trolls get off on the crucifixion. One can tell from the comments, where the mouth-breathers slaver over the “punishments”, and the inadequacy thereof.

In addition, our “hero” picks up a perfect new relationship, thus distracting many of the readers from having to consider whether dumping their own spouse really worked out for the best. No need to point out the “our hero” would have described the failed relationship in equally glowing terms prior to the conclusion of his detective experience. From the frying pan to the fire!

Two stars, because the writing wasn’t actually that bad, just the plot and characterizations.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Damn, Ruttweiler, you know a lot of the methodology of these kinds of stories. Makes me wonder when you’re going to write one yourself. Or is it a “Do as I say, not as I do” thing for you? Anyway, pretty darn good story, Only…

I don’t know if your description of British police procedures was accurate but being arrested and jailed without being charged with a crime seems…just wrong.

But, still a very good story, thanks for sharing. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Funny story, even though not so much realistic. Anyway, a little welcomed break from the hundreds highly unrealistic cuck tales in this category, so it's 5* !

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Exquisite! Nuclear justice for two of the most despicable vipers ever to slither into the realm of LW! Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice little story. The cop was Avery good planner and it ended on a very good note. 4/5

DeanofMeanDeanofMean10 months ago

Minimal effort for optimal pain, so well done..

DreamsOfHopeDreamsOfHope9 months ago

There can never be enough instances of the use of “cockwomble” in a story😱🤣. Delightful tale. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This Brit policeman swings a Mean rolling pin. - Beware

cockwomble nearly bought the Farm, checked out, met St. Peter early.

entertaining and well done.

Just gotta be a 5 grade

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nicely written , enjoyable read . Sadly no real drama or excitement . Fell a bit flat for me .

DK . 3 *

Thanks for posting .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I've read two of your stories before this one and gave them seriously low scores... however, this story is quite different... it was not only quite clever it was acutely creative with solid resolution... this is the type of stuff you should continuously aspire to... Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very well executed, if somewhat convoluted, plan to retaliate against two evil spouses. Just how long did the evil ones think it would take for the’drugees’ to realize that they had been roofied? Great story, Only, thanks for sharing.

5 stars, for sure.

Davidj001Davidj0018 months ago

cockwomble,,,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,,,liked the story too!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Five stars

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Love that the main character passed out on top of the lovers! Great scene!

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineer7 months ago

I read this a month ago, I would have posted sooner but I only just stoped laughing.

pukgpukg7 months ago

I like your stories because they have that underling sense of humour all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

How could the cockwomble leave her bed for a pedestrian fuck like Sheila? Simple, it was never really about the sex, it was about putting one over on the MC and the sex was merely a means to that end. The fact that CW planned to leave for pastures new without Sheila but with her money is a further demonstration of that fact.

Excellent, humorous read, five shiners!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

After all the bad to mediocre stuff I've waded through on LW, this story has come as a very pleasant surprise. original, well written, humorous and entertaining, what more could you want? I hope OnlyInMyMind can keep it up, after all there isn't too much in the way of competition.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story, happy ending, what else is there? Loved it, 5 stars, thanks for posting.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress662 months ago

I’ve come to the conclusion, you are a very good writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story, Only, thanks for bringing it to us.

The wife “dosing” her husband with fake vitamins is a twist I haven’t seen before and I love it. Now, if I had a wife, I’d be very suspicious if she started giving me a glass of whiskey and a vitamin tablet at ten o’clock every night. Especially since I don’t drink whiskey either. But again, thanks for a great story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Decent but lacks an epilogue from their perspective. Would be nice to see their dreary life once out of jail, the loneliness, poverty and isolation brought on by themselves.

StevenJayStevenJayabout 1 month ago

A well written, innovative story - thank you!

enderlocke77enderlocke7725 days ago

damn story starting at their 60s eh too old for me

enderlocke77enderlocke7725 days ago

rofl glad i read it anyway a picture of the old ppl some how fucking up a storm. they was going to run off when they turned 70? that was a funny read not good or written well enough for that score that throw me off not sure how that got a score that high. was a funny read though. man the wife must have been very healthy. ok ok im done lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...