All Comments on 'Man, Get Yourself a Woman'

by neuroparenthetical

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Amazing

neuroparentheticalneuroparenthetical11 months agoAuthor

Welp, another lesson learned. HTML tags to enforce indents, even though they appeared to be working when I previewed the piece, either didn't make it through or were actively removed. Thus, the rather long poem at the end of this piece is not properly formatted, and looks crappy. Awesome.

In lieu of trying to fight with the website or its moderators, here's the quick cheat: "She does" is the last line of the poem.

Honestly. It's current year, people!

ContrahentContrahent11 months ago

Fascinating future with lots of good and bad in it. Maybe lots of bad. "What if some of our erotica fantasies were made real? What would be the consequences?"

My headcanon: Male Guilt is possibly a trait conveyed to nominally cismales via the same viral warfare that converted ciswomen into cum addicts. Perhaps a counterstroke from a faction opposing the things that were done to women?

I was able to grasp which part was the end of the poem. Fairly obvious from context. Sry the formatting got messed up. I thought the poem was particularly amazing. I don't usually read poetry. I thought this poem was particularly accessible to me because I understood its context.

FeotakahariFeotakahari10 months ago

This feels like the kind of high-concept porn that Rationalists love. Like The Erogamer or Eudeamon. The stuff where after you read it, you're a different person than before.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Always a lovely surprise to find the rare story that doesn't have me skimming over the plot for the sexy bits. This is such a beautiful nuanced portrayal of love while still being just the right amount of depraved (and the right amount of sad). I felt a little out of my depth with background, but never in a way that made the characters difficult to understand, because you've done an amazing job of creating depth and unique facets to build an emotional connection in a relatively short space. And as good as this is, I don't feel like I need more of their story because you've written such a satisfying conclusion. Fantastic work, in concept and execution.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not a fan of the "gay" stuff, but I've learned to tolerate it since Pohl's Gateway, which is probably the best comment I could give another sci-fi author, even if this is a porn site.

I would eagerly read another installment in the same setting, perhaps with not so fairy tale ending. How would a military model fare if given the chance? How do two men interact when they meet? Can a caretaker manage (save) two women, assuming, as you described, that the women are engineered for polygyny? Does anybody ever see outside the dome? Can people break free of AI? Does Farah stay sane, or finally break? Children?

Many thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous