All Comments on 'Man-up, Pussy!'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 2)
Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Disappointing

You are joking with this story right???? Gene needed an ass kicking badly and the skank Mel is just dumpster scum.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Someone else said it well

That the new love interest barely gets a mention at the end of the story when up until that point it was all about Mel, makes the new gal feel like a consolation prize. That is not good, and in real life, would not be healthy.

There is no way after something like that, I could remain friends with either one. If Mel was that hung up she should have given him the chance to say no himself, instead of both of them confronting him like they did. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
BS!

Gene did the same thing his ex did, went after someone that wasn't his.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story...

Don't listen to the naysayers. Gene didn't do the same thing his wife did...Chase and Mel weren't married, it's apple and oranges. I must confess that I sensed where the story was going early on but since it was well written and entertaining it didn't spoil it for me. Keep Writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

Total crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
forgive?

I was liking this story till Gene stabbed his so called friend in the back and then the idiot forgave him and Mel? What a cfock. I would have just stayed away from them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

Don't let the naysayers, they are just insecure. It's not a cuck story but some will see cuck wherever they look!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too wimpy

AS ABOVE, NUFF SAID.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well written

But I saw it coming

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 7 years ago
Wow, not sure why this has drawn the hate crowd

Fun little story, nice ending. Guess what, if you won't commit, neither will she. Good characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 very nice story HEY ANNONY

hope you die a slow death while thinking about your dead ex wife who fucked over 100 men!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Okay, so am I the only one here who found Gene's character fascinating? I did. I totally did...would've loved to see a quirky character actor play his part in a theatrical adaptation. This reads like a play, and I think it deserves a stage treatment.

I would've loved more attention about the dollhouses... The furniture, the tiny details, the accessories - There's great stuff here, it needs deeper development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well-Written BUT...

A well-written story,with memorable characters but,I have a problem with the whole Mel-Gene coupling. While Mel may have been looking for a more committed guy,her boyfriend's good friend should have been off-limits in her search,just as a matter of respect and friendship. Surely there are many others she could sink her teeth into.Classless ass of a lass!

Friendless and a bit hopeless until he meets up with Chase,Eugene in no way shape or form should have pursued Mel! It was Chase who befriended and encouraged Eugene to mold himself into a man.Aside from the "Bro Code" of a friend's girlfriend being off-limits,respect,gratitude, and friendship should have precluded Gene from moving in on Mel,no matter if it was her idea.

In the case of both Gene and Mel,two wrongs don't make it right! Chase had every right to feel betrayed and "cheated on" by them both. And if one,or both see something else that Chase has,it'll be OK to just try to take it away?!With friends like those,who needs enemies!

And to those who think the Mel/Gene thing is OK,did either of them confide in her boyfriend/his best friend what they were doing/feeling during their time together prior to dropping the bomb on Chase?! I mean,WTF? The relationships between Chase and the other two mustn't have been nearly as close as the author led us to believe.

Because the author did such a good job of making me care,while pissing me off,I rated this story a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* was good till page 4-5

the last page ruined the entire story .

sure , chase was well rid of the whore (mel) but he should never have forgiven her or especially eugene .much less attend their adulterous wedding .

you turned chase into the pussy faggot that eugene was in the beginning .

congratulations on pretending an alpha can be turned into a cuckold .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Pat

Pathetic, lazy and unimaginative way to end the story..sad.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckalmost 7 years ago
Who is the pussy ?!

No way on gods green earth would I ever forgive either of the back stabbers . NEVER ! I do have to admit that I knew where the story was going long before the author arrived at the scene of the back stabbing .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not a Chance

You wrote suggestively for 3 plus pages that he was leaning and realizing that Mel would be a good wife and - led us to think it would become a fact. The ending, we figured, easily and the big news for you...NO DAMN WAY would this guy ever forgive these two...BS!!!

This guy, in real life would be so hurt that he quite likely would spend a lifetime wishing he could really love a women,

I usually enjoy your stories....NOT this one!!!

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago
Yep!

Chase is such a pussy...

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

I'm sorry but these BTB comments are so narrow.

Chase procrastinated for almost a year - Chase considered asking her to move in and didn't what was his message - per the story the only fault was that Mel did not tell Chase her white picket fence desires early.

Gene and Mel never cheated as Chase acknowledged - they did it honorably. What break up ever goes emotionless? Actually Chase was a spoiled little boy here.

It took Mel's break up to get Chase to grow up and look at life. He found Rita and it still took Chase a year of tapping the goods to get him to commit.

This was written well, but for you that only want another BTB - grow up.

naxos65naxos65almost 7 years ago
UU-GH

You NEVER , NEVER shit on a mate . Only ARSEHOLES do that !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Come on!

Jesus, people, where's your sense of humor? This is a cute and sweet story with a neat switcheroo in the game of "who's the pussy". Chase just couldn't get his ass in gear until after Mel and Gene forced the issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a waste

And for the love of God, get this out of the loving wives section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
yep

Cute and sweet it is HOWEVER

A friend NEVER and I mean NEVER dates a friend's ex-girlfriend or wife unless the friendship is forever over.

Especially when the ex does the breaking up

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Agree with Anony 10/31

You break up first . . . then several months later, consider dating (still talking to your best friend about it first, to be sure it's okay).

Eugene was a much better person at the beginning of the story. He may have been a push over, but he never would have taken a friend's girlfriend. He was 10 times the man in the beginning, in terms of honor and integrity, that he became at the end. His psychological need to become equal to (or better than) Chase will continue, and he'll undoubtedly go after Rita at some point, who not being very strong-willed, will probably succumb. He is not evil . . . just really messed up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Yep, he helps a friend nut it up and be a man. Then the “friend” stabs him in the back, steals his girlfriend, and then has the nerve to ask him to be the Best Man at the wedding of the two backstabbers. And the guy caves and does it. A story about three despicable people. A well written story, and interesting, but God, what sorry excuses for people they all were. Suffice it to say, I am NOT a believer in the “Don’t Hold a Grudge” theory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 star

Should of busted a bottle over Eugene head and then cripple his hands. He was a friend who became an asshole.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
bad

this is the only story that is distasteful up to now from your staple; gene is a conniving pussy and Mel wants to play mommy to that bastard; guess she likes weak men to lord it over them. Just another version of his bitch ex.

MartyMBMartyMBover 6 years ago
Hard time with this one

I hate betrayal, so much that I usually pan these types of stories. I am glad I read to the end, though. I thought about it and Chase was right. At least these two did things in the right order. There was no "cheating" as in most LW stories of this kind. The betrayal is still there, though, even if it is for a better reason. I guess the only way this would have been ok would have been if she broke up with Chase and then got together with Gene. Even then, its still one guy ending up with the good guy's girlfriend.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
... You know what they said about 'no good deeds', don't you?

Question: was I the only one who knew exactly how this story would play itself out the minute Chase started thinking about asking Mel to help Eugene out with his business?

Doesn't seem very likely that a livelong wimp like him would do such a thing, especially toward a guy who went well above the call, for no reason or gain whatsoever, to help him out. The thing is, laptopwriter's good writing made it very clear that, at his core, Eugene Whistler is and always will been a very weak man... and only a weak man could stood so low as to go after his buddy's girlfriend. Even in the supposedly honorable way he and Melony went about it.

You get why they would still seek to have him in their life: while Mel and Gene are takers who rarely take any initiative unless it benefits them mostly, if not entirely, Chase is the type of self-sufficient man that can't help, but give a hand to someone in trouble, even if he doesn't know them. He's a better person than pretty much everyone else in this story, so it's hardly surprising that his betrayers crave to renew a relationship with him - hell, that's why Eugene keeps trying to give him some stocks in his company, a feeble attempt to try to get on the same level than the guy he wish the most to be like. But no - me been Chase, there'll may have been forgiveness, eventually, but there certainly wouldn't be any future friendship with either one of those bozos. Life is too short to spend it around people you cannot trust.

Given its ending, all is well, I guess... but the Chase of the world still deserves better, in my book. A nonetheless good read from this author... no idea why it was put in the LW category, though. 4*

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirabout 6 years ago
No Honor Among Sleaze

Good story, excellent writing. Just didn't like Chase getting betrayed. And no Gene and Mel did cheat and betray him. Even if Gene was ignorant of the bro code (he really had no male friends to teach him) he should have had the decency not to develop a relationship with Mel. He should have walked the other way. As soon as Mel felt anything for Gene, she should have talked to Chase about their future. If they didn't have one, then leave him and date Gene. But she kept Chase until she found her new guy and left. Pretty sleazy to me. Check out how most women have affairs. They develop the Emotional parts first, the sexual component is usually LAST. So in actuality, Mel was already having an emotional AFFAIR with Gene (look it up on line, it's the real deal). This is why many relationships fall apart. The woman has already gotten emotionally involved with a man, so by the time she is caught having sex with the guy she doesn't care because she has moved on. There is no longer a relationship to save by the time the husband/boyfriend finds out. Looks like Mel is pretty sleazy to me.

And if I was Chase, I would have really been insulted when Gene sat next to Mel and told her that he would not let her face Chase by herself. WHAT!!!!!! When has Chase ever been a threat to her. Chase would probably have kept his temper more in check if it was just himself and Mel. Gene rolling up just added fuel to the fire. Would have pissed me off too. It's like double the fun, double the pain and betrayal.

Just because they hadn't started having sex does not mean they weren't cheating on and betraying Chase. Personally I don't think I could have been around those two for a long time, if ever. And if I were Chase, I would make sure Gene was NEVER alone with Rita. Would not want him offering her a job with Mel and his business. Or with anyone connected to the business in any way shape or form. Minimal or no social contact either. God help Chase if Mel and Rita somehow became good friends. The way it's written Chase probably doesn't have to worry, but why take risks.

Laptopwriter is top notch writer and created some good characters. I just don't see two of them as honorable as many commentators do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
does not matter

Whether he would have married mel. Everything eugenia had he owed to Chase. If not for Chase eugenia would be dressed in maid's outfit fluffing his wive's lovers and subsisting on protein pies.

Eugenia went from being a sniveling sissy to being the epitome of ungrateful asshole.

Oh and for you females out there a year is no where near enough time to decide about marriage.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Gene and Mel did cheat

It may not have been sex, but it was an emotional cheating and like I always say, they didn't just "Fall in Love" they had to do the little things that make that happen. If I was Chase I would have told them to Fuck Off and never talked to either one of them again. Hell, if I was vindictive enough, I might have set it up to appear Eugene was hooking up with Lisa again. I'm sure Lisa would have played along if she thought there was a chance she could get Gene back.

But, I can bet a Part 2 of this would be eventually Mel Cheating on Eugene. Maybe even with Chase. Her sexual appetite was insatiable and there is no way Gene, being as inexperienced as he was would be able to keep her satisfied for long. Maybe a year or two, but that would be about it. Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater. I have yet to see that never happen.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago

Chase is really the real good guy. The others are merely human. The story was so pragmatic, I sense some satire. It was good...one character developed, and two others did, but to a lesser extent...and it was so pragmatic..."I guess I had a lot to do with it. I'll get over it in a few weeks, and we can be friends eventually. So I'm not going to beat people up to feel better about myself."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Searing Betrayal

by befriended friend and girlfriend. Unforgivable. DrakeNoir 03/21/18 has it right.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Good story.

Well written and a good plot.

I agree with last commenters,

that Mel and Gene actions were disgusting.

Neither deserved being a friend to Chase.

The world is full of assholes.

But a good man doesn't need them around him.

Good story and interesting.

Kudos laptopwriter!

Top ratings from me.

AethurAethuralmost 6 years ago
This is a hard story to like and dislike

I can't get a true feeling for Chase. He hates bullies enough to stand up for someone he doesn't really know. He allows himself to get involved head deep in other people's problems. He even allows his friend to steal his girl, and he forgives them both. This just doesn't seem very human to me. Or, better stated, real and natural behavior. Chase has been built up to some form of good-natured hero. It just isn't believable.

Now, I'm not one to expect realism here, with the ex-Special Forces men who get their revenge, or the wimps who end up servicing their wife's bull, but this story presented the characters as being more realistic than most (though Eugene's wife wasn't very realistic). Chase just forgave the betrayal way too easy. Especially since he was considering escalating the relationship to the point of them living together. If Rita didn't live with him, would he have fallen in love with her? Who knows.

I can't rate this story. I don't know if I want to give it a 5, or a 3. I enjoyed it, but was left frustrated with how it turned out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
BS ending

I knew what will happen from 3rd page on. But this is BS ending. 100% wimp does not become Steven Seagal no matter what, and such a betrayal is not forgiven by a healthy male. Meaning that characters are oversimplified and the ending forced characters into a sudden and ridiculous changes.

That is not a sign of a good writer, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty Good Story

However...There’s no way in hell Chase should have forgiven or remained friends with Gene or Mel. They both stabbed him in the back, big time. In fact, instead of being Euuugene’s best man, I think it would have been fitting for him to have broken Eugene’s nose. And maybe crushed his nuts some too. As for Mel, well, just piss on her and the horse she rode in on. Revenge may be overrated, but payback can be sweet.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
Betrayal?

Yes I see a sense of betrayal here, but I see it as a realistic progression. Chase was probably never going to commit to a relationship beyond sex. At least they were honorable enough to inform him before actually doing anything. If he's still crying in his beer he should remember the expression "use it or lose it" I think he felt more badly about losing the steady sex than with whom he lost it. Gene had more courage of his convictions than Chase once he grew a pair.

jrphdojrphdoover 5 years ago
Good Story

Good story but shitty ending. No way that the betrayal of a friend, one who Chase really helped, who owes him to some extent, should ever be forgiven. I wouldn't forgive Mel either although I guess her stabbing him in the back seems less heinous, she is a woman and that is what they tend to do. Eugene, however, really pissed me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You should have set this story in the 1950s or earlier so the "not proposing after a year of dating, with zero hints" would have come off as any sort of an issue. They were exclusive. That alone was reason enough for Gene to back off, if he's any sort of real friend. At the very least, he should have talked to Chase about how Chase felt about Mel before making a move.

Chase taught Gene parts of being a man, but he forgot to teach him honor, respect and integrity, which is why Gene still relies on the weak, weasel tactics he needed to survive before Chase came along to help him learn a better way. As for monkey-branching Mel, Chase is well rid of her if she's going to run off with the first dude who shows up with more money (and she'll get hers when she stops getting hers in the bedroom now that she's with weak Gene) - but that doesn't excuse the knife in the back his friend Gene delivered.

The story was quite enjoyable, up until Chase so easily forgave them and became good friends with them again. No sense in holding on to hate or anger for long, but friendship goes beyond forgiveness and requires trust. A guy like Gene is not to be trusted.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Well written

But not a story that I could enjoy. Betrayal like this, by the best friend especially, is unforgivable. His reaction was not one most men would have had. Staying friends and being best man at the wedding just don't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well played

But I simply didn't like the story. Chase does everything for Eugene. He gets him out of a bad marriage. He lets his girlfriend set him up in business. He gets him into a self defense class. And what does Eugene do? Steals Chases's girlfriend and marries her. I looked it up in the "Bro Code" handbook. Rule number one - Thou shall not mess with your bro's girlfriend. I don't care if Mel and Eugene were soulmates. Eugene crossed the line and there's no coming back. Chase should have written them both off - permanently. Couldn't enjoy the story after that.

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
I didn't want to like itbecause of the Mel-Eugene thing

But it was so well written and so original I had to give it 5* anyway. I just Mel-Eugene sticking in my craw is a failing on my part. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Had to give it a one, for such unlikeable characters and the utter betrayal.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoabout 5 years ago
I agree with everyone else.

It's a great story, but the Mel-Eugene hook up thing really killed it, and not in a good way either.

I mean, on one hand, I can see where it was coming from. (Honestly, I also saw it coming from light-years away.) Chase was scared of commitment, Eugene wanted back in the saddle, and Mel wanted a husband. And I'd imagine was at the point where it was "shit or get off the pot". I'm honestly glad they didn't do it behind his back.

That said, have you never heard of the "bro code"? You don't do that to a friend, especially one that bailed you out like that. That's how you do him? Wow, some friend.

That made this story not horrible, but much less likable than it could've been.

JMFC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ruined.

Wow, what are friends for?

What was shaping up to be a good story was ruined by the Mel/Eugene hookup.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well I liked it.

Maybe the title influenced the others. Both men had to man up though. Perhaps if the players story included more on how his new relationship built - more on how Rita was a far superior choice for him... maybe others would like it more. Still giving it high marks. It was a great story and I enjoyed it... which is why I like coming to Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bro’s before Who’s

Bullshit story! A true friend would never hit on his buddy’s girl even if that friend had feelings for her. He would not make any complements about her looks or personality. If she said anything about liking him he would immediately cutoff her conversation and tell her that he could never be her boyfriend. Gene didn’t do that. Gene was just another selfish bastard. The ending is just self serving for the author. Chase had been with Mel for a long period of time so he would be in love with Mel! How can Chase suddenly be in love with a girl that he just met? The entire ending is crap.

CharlesasJarvisCharlesasJarvisalmost 5 years ago
Dissapointed

It shouldve been a great story, but betraying a friend is a stupid thing... 1*

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Many years ago, when I was 18, my best friend was dating a ballet dancer. She was a year older than us, slim and very beautiful, with lovely long chestnut hair and bright blue eyes. I had great chemistry with her and freely admit I was completely smitten.

Even when their relationship started to cool off, I would never have dreamed of making a move on her. After they had broken up, I bumped into her by accident 6 months later. Going out with her then would have been perfectly fine, but by that time I was dating my future wife.

Betraying your friends the way Eugene did is never acceptable. I can see Chase forgiving Mel when he upgraded to a woman he fell in love with and realised that he never felt that strongly about his ex. But forgiving Eugene? Fuck that!

Chase helped the pathetic loser turn his life around and Eugene repays him by seducing Mel? Eugene deserved a savage beating for that betrayal, not forgiveness!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
They didn't though. They did the honorable thing and came to me before doing anything."

No they didnt, they spent time together building a romantic relationship, they engaged in sexual actvity - sure they didnt fuck

But they didnt approach him and say they were starting to have feelings and wanted to see IF they could possibly build something

They waited until AFTER they had a relationship to cut him loose - thats cheating, fucking is just the cherry on top, the cheating is over and done with long before the fucking ever starts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well written as always

Very unusual plot for LW. Creative. Great job.

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
A Different View

She was right in knowing that he would never decide to marry her. But that doesn't not give her the right to seduce his best friend into marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Saw it coming

Just couldn't believe it. In my world even if the couple broke up, you don't get to date her. It's just not done, you hurt him by doing so. If your fine with hurting him, go for it, but that's cold man. So in this story both guys are pussies, Gene was a pussy, and Chase was one as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It was still cheating

You don't have to actually fuck someone to be a cheater and that's what Mel and Gene did. They stabbed a good man in the back then cried when he wouldn't keep being friends with them. They can say all they want about how "it just happened" or how they spent more and more time together because they worked with one another but it doesn't matter. It takes an actual decision to open yourself up to romantic overtures and that's what these two did. If Mel was ready to break it off because she knew he wouldn't commit to her the way she wanted she should have done so openly. Instead she waited and strung him along until she hooked another guy. As for Gene, the back stabbing piece of shit knew damned well Mel was with Chase. After all Chase did for him going after his girlfriend was the epitome of being a shithead. I don't care if he wasn't really in love with her or not, neither one of them behaved with any honor and I don't blame Chase for telling them to go fuck themselves. You don't treat someone you care about like that, especially someone who went to bat for you as much as Chase did for Gene.

This story started off so well but the last quarter of it just left an awful taste in my mouth. I've never been a fan of stories where the MC gets fucked over then decides to forgive and forget and the author tacks on a new relationship for him in the end. I became invested in these characters and Laptopwriter made me basically dislike two of them then gave an incredibly unsatisfying ending for the main one. This is not good writing.

"He met Rita, she was a victim of domestic abuse, for plot reasons they fell in love but I'm too lazy to write about it, he's going to marry her, yay!" Wow, this shit's unsatisfying.

The story was supposed to be about Chase and, by association, his relationship with wimpy Eugene. Instead it became the story of Gene and all his success as seen through the eyes of the guy he stepped on then fucked over. In order for me to have found any satisfaction in the way this turned out we should have gotten a whole HELL of a lot more content about Rita, who she is, what about her makes her so different from all the other pussy he's gotten that he fell in love with her, how their relationship evolved, and most of all what exactly makes her better than Mel. There should also have been some kind of atonement from Mel and Gene before Chase forgave them and agreed to even go to their wedding, never mind be the best man. Giving him time and space then buying him a beer and shedding some crocodile tears is not atonement. It doesn't matter that they fell in love or even that they're better for one another than Mel and Chase were, it's about making up for being complete cheating assholes and that didn't happen.

I like a lot of Laptopwriter's stories but this one... no. Completely unsatisfying vignette about a guy getting back stabbed after sticking his neck out with a tacked on afterthought of a happy ending. It's a failure as an entertaining story.

PanthergirlPanthergirlover 4 years ago
OUCH! But a 5 star ouch. :D Eugene is a cunt

No, just no, no, no, no, no. End the story at the camping trip. I mean, yeah, I love a happy ending as much as the next person, but no fucking way these two assholes (Eugene and Mel) deserve a happy ending with forgiveness. Absolutely no. Emotional cheating is worse than physical cheating. "Oh, we didn't fuck, we just fell in love" Fuck them.

Now, as much as we all want everyone who has ever loved us to pine away for us forever, I doubt that if 'Gene and Melony' are truly happy together, they will give a rat's ass about Chase anymore. They will go on with their happily forever life, but Chase shouldn't have to hear about it ever.

Could have thrown him the consolation prize of Rita without the forgiveness for Eugene. Actually, should have done that. But, his forgiveness actually stirred even more emotions, like Chase becomes the pussy and Eugene becomes the man. Which, I suppose, was the point?

Excellent story. Unique take. Five stars. Still hating that Chase forgave Eugene and worse, become best friends with him.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Second read

Very well written, different from usual LW plot, but I hate it. Just can't stand cheaters winning. I would be his best man, but instead of handing him the ring I would knock his lights out and leave.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
gave it a 4

but fuck being friends with eugene, mel, lisa and tony. Eugene is the worse kind of back stabber, you save his ass and he fucks you over.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
As they say

No good deed goes unpunished.

Pappy7Pappy7over 4 years ago
Didn't much care for the story on this read.

Eugene is the worst kind of man(?) or friend. He exhibited the same kind of cowardly demeaner while he was stabbing his only friend in the back. It just isn't done. And there is no way that he or Mel could predict what Chase would do or not do. Rationalization on their parts that he wasn't one who would commit. Hell, he committed to being Eugene's friend in school and later. Mel is just an opportunist who decided to hitch her wagon to the better earner, and someone who was more presentable than Chase. Wear a nice set of clothes? Really? Also when your girlfriend starts giving nick names to your friends and having a secret little understanding with them. Probably not good. If they wanted to be sneaky and slimy, sure let them. But don't make your main character like it. Neither one of them was worth a shit and being friends with them was just stupid. Two stars for the shit sandwich you gave Chase.

LuciousLadyMaryLuciousLadyMaryover 4 years ago
Nice plot and presented very well...

but didn't care for the way it progressed. But it wasn't my story to write.

He should have kept his promise to kick Gene's ass and never had anything to do with either of them again. And this time he should shove the stock certificates up his ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just a different kind of RAAC

Been said many times, falling in love doesn't "just happen".

No good reason to ever speak to any of them, including Tony, ever again.

May as well have been an MM cuck tale ending; your woman dumps you for your supposed "friend", everybody is sure you'll be fine if only you could find your own "replacement woman", and then bygones are bygones and you all hang out and barbecue together on Saturday afternoons.

Meh, 3* for technical competence

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Good story

Good story, but can't buy the ending. No way that I would even go to wedding, never mind being the best man for these two.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 4 years ago
Original

I like original. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Lovely and very original. 5*****

What a delightful change from the usual fare! Thank you for sharing it.

Wingwang50Wingwang50about 4 years ago
Damn good story

Well thought out and written. Kudos to you sir. I am looking forward to more greatness from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No force in heaven or hell

Could make me forgive either of those 2 traitors. I saw it coming from the moment Chase introduced them, but I really hoped it wouldn't happen.

Would it be mean of me to hope Eugene comes home some night to some guy banging Mel on their bed?

Yeah, I don't handle betrayal well, and their's was every bit as bad as Lisa's. Worse, really, because Chase was a nice guy that helped him out, only to be stabbed in the back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This left a bad taste

Even the ex wife was more likeable by the end, and that's saying a lot. You don't go after your best friend's girl, no matter how you feel about her. Especially when he goes out of his way to help turn your life around. Despicable, both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mel

Smelled money and went after it. Tells you all you need to know about her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

What a cast of unpleasant characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope, doesn't work for me either

You got a man, who does the right thing, has ethics, morals, and then, becomes a pussy at the end. Don't buy it. You wonder why he has commitment issues, just have to look at Mel's behaviour. For him to be friends again with a guy he barely liked before, went out his way to help, and get screwed. Author, you missed the boat on this one.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Eugene...

He would have never been my friend after betraying me. No, Hell NO!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

My feelings about this have changed in the past few years. It's still a great five star story, and I'm glad Chase ended up with someone, but I NEVER would have stayed friends with them or been Eugene's best man.

Gene owed him EVERYTHING. He got him out of the abusive marriage, got Mel to set him up in business, then takes his girl. When he and/or Mel started developing feelings for each other, an HONORABLE man would have told Mel (if she came on to him first), that he couldn't do that to Chase.

Mel owed Chase the chance to give her what she wanted. If he couldn't, they break up, then a MINIMUM of six months later Gene and Mel get together.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Yeah

Have to agree with Pappy7 except I gave it high marks for execution.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Well Written Story

Well defined characters but the plot left a bad taste in my mouth. There was no reference to Mel ever having asked Chase where their relationship was heading. A good friend would never do that especially after everything Chase had done for him. Eugene should have, at least, waited until their relationship ran it's course. Then it was set up that if Chase didn't forgive them he was the bad guy. I have to hand it to you LTW you really know how to hit people where they live. A perfect example of "No good deed goes unpunished.". Thank you for the story, I think

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

We all know where a great story derailed in this case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Taking a friends girlfriend is unforgivable no matter what the circumstances are. When Eugene realised he was developing feelings for Mel he should have distanced himself from her. If he did that then Chase may have realised and questioned Eugene on why the change in behaviour why he was distancing himself. Then maybe it would have resolved out into the way the story played out anyway.

Eugene was really just as bad as Lisa in that respect even though he and Mel didn't do anything physical and didn't physically cheat before admitting their feelings for each other to Chase they had emotionally cheated and the physical cheating was there in the wings just waiting for the right moment.

Mel was just as bad, while still in a relationship with Chase she was obviously becoming emotionally involved with Eugene and effectively cheating on Chase.

It would have been better if Mel asked Chase that question 'where is our relationship going?' then maybe they would have broken up and allowed some time to pass before she and Eugene got it together.

Really good story but twisted viewpoint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cant take GF

This would have been a 5 except for friend taking his GF. Dropped to a 2 at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ungrateful Friend

Was a good story until the sudden turn in the story at the end by Eugene and Mel to shit all over Chase.

Eugene broke the "Bro Code" plain and simple. You don't get interested in your friend's girl while he's still involved with her. Nope, that's just taking a grande ole shit on your friend as payback for all he's done for you and is the biggest dick move you can ever make. Regardless of his feeling Eugene should have walked away from Mel and told her why...You don't shit on your friend and you don't cheat on your guy.

Emotional affairs are cheating! Mel cheated on Chase by starting an emotional affair with Eugene while still stringing Chase along. Neither Mel or Eugene deserve Chase's forgiveness and Chase should have wrote them both out of his life for good. Eugene and Mel turned out to be selfish people. Hope the two have a shitty life together.

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
I have to agree with others.

Others have stated the obvious same thought, but I think Anonymous on 2/19/21 summed it up perfectly. An emotional affair is still cheating. That's why I can't stand to hear the terms work-wife or work-husband. Although this is a work of fiction, it's a real shame that there are bastards out there that will stab you in the back while calling you friend just like Eugene did. Never forgive cheaters. Cut them out of your life and just try to move on. Hopefully karma fucks them in the ass later on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A good story makes you think and, yes, a good story can get you enraged. LTW wrote a very good story that made readers think and has enraged many of them, myself included. But it’s still a high quality story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

With friends like that, who needs enemies......

Story was pretty good until the Eugene/Mel turn, completely spoilt it, there's no way that Eugene should have betrayed his 'best' friend like that, you should never get interested in another friend's girl, especially if they're still together. Physical or emotional Mel was cheating on Chase, he should have walked away and just left them and should have wrote them both out of his life for good. Eugene and Mel turned out to be selfish people. Can't wish them a good life, despite it appearing that Chase moves on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gave this story 5 stars, but it still disappoints me since Chase and Eugene let me down. Chase for not kicking his ass especially after saying he would if he saw him again. Eugene for shitting on the man who gave him everything. This whole story was about friendship but somehow it became a cuckholdship with Eugene basically running everything with zero repercussions. He got Mel, he got to be rich and successful, he got the other guy to stay friends and be the best man, got him to except shares he did not want, and for some reason showed up to help Chase with the abusive boyfriend. Hell Chase even thought it was honorable at the end that they cucked him in the way they did. I had no problem with the forgiveness of both parties but see no reason to even try to remain friendly either. Biggest surprise to me was he didn't end up with Lisa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great work (especially the characterizations). Personally, I’d love to read more of Chase’s adventures getting involved in other’s business.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Possibly the worst story I've ever read .

Congrats

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Beautiful. Nicely done.

But if I where Chase, it'll take years before

I even take a call from Mel and Gene.

But as I was reading the story, I had a sense something between Mel and Eugene

is going to happen. It did.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

The triangle is what gives it the tension, but still, Gene doesn't come out of it looking great. At the very least, he could've waited till they broke up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mel and Gene getting together was pretty predictable, but none the less very good story

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 3 years ago

I was thinking Chase would somehow end up saving Lisa after she learned her lesson from losing Gene. Well-written. 5 stars.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 2 years ago

After almost a year I reread this story. It's still a good story but like I said before it left a bad taste in my mouth. Then while reading some of the other comments I came across one that reminded me of something that actually happened. After high school I had been dating this really nice girl and we were getting serious making plans for the future and things like that and I would always confide my feelings about her with my best friend. Since 3rd grade (1961) we always confided in each other. As we got older the topic of girls comprised a lot of the talks just trying to figure them out. After a while my relationship with my girlfriend started to cool off. Of course, we doubled a lot with my best friend and his girl but coming up on two years we decided that it wasn't working out and eventually broke up and just became friends. Well, about a month after we broke up, my best friend came up and asked if I minded if he took her out. I said really, I didn't know you liked her and he said, actually I fell in love with her the first time you introduced us and again I said, really! How come you never told me? He just gave me one of those looks and I said, yeah dumb question. They did get married, had three kids and we were still best friends until his death some years ago. As another commenter wrote that is how it should have been done instead of Gene and Mel making his decision for him. Still a good story, though

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

Even better on the second read.

I've kicked it up to five stars fron the four i

I originally awarded.

Well written. Well done.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
Am I Suprised

That sbrooks103x's comments were exactly spot on? Nope, not for one second. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

2 stars. Eugene broke the code, and Mel let it happen.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

I just can't help but believe, that timid, grateful, lonely Gene would steal his one and only friend's girl. This came across as Mel seeing a lot of dollar signs in Gene's future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He act tough at the Start then became the titular pussy at the end

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

I liked the story, even though I was worried early on the Eugene and Mel would be getting together. It all worked out OK though. The mention of the Vermillion River brought back memories, I've driven past two of them, one in S. Dakota - We drove past there once, oh wait, it was a town called Vermillion, maybe there was a river too. But the one I remember best is in Ohio. I spent about eight or nine months about twenty or so years ago, flying in, for business, to Cleveland, then taking a rental car and driving West on Interstate 80, for some reason I always remembered passing the Vermillion River - wouldn't have known the name, but there's always a sign when you cross a river saying what it is.

.

Don't know why I remember that river. Maybe the name, maybe it was a nice looking area, maybe it was the halfway point or maybe I got off the next exit to the town I had business in. I've always enjoyed looking down a river or stream as I pass it. Always wonder what it would be like to camp out next to it, or hike along it or raft or canoe down it. The times I've been able to have always been memorable and enjoyable. Except the time I camped too close and the river rose suddenly from a storm upstream and nearly washed my campsite away. But that was a memorable experience too, and a learning one.

.

Anyway thanks for the story. It's a lazy sunday, the dog is sprawled at the other end of the couch, my tummy and the pup's are full of a great breakfast, and I just might stretch out for a snooze.

.

I liked your protagonist, if you haven't already, more stories with him as the narrator would be good. We don't know many details about him, so I make much up in my mind, which works out great. Really good storytelling.

DearfieldDearfieldover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story,Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How could you start a relationship by back stabbing a only person who supported and stood by you despite of consequences he might face by meddling in your business. He made you a person with pride and self respect, he created paths for your success, he reclaim your manhood, he became the source of your bright life. Am you backstabbed him. Wow just wow. I'm more passed of his friend rather than his girlfriend. She saw the money and potential stability. But his friend is a snake pussy. He found the opportunity and back stabbed his friend without any second thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was obvious from the start that the slut Mel would be after Gene, the AH!!

The real wimp is Chase, a pathetic loser character

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous