Maple Street Revisited part 6

Story Info
Sometimes answers just lead to more questions.
8.5k words
4.66
1k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeremy followed Jessica into the living room. She surveyed the wreckage of his breakfast and nodded her head towards the bedroom.

"They both in there?"

"Yes."

"Well, I guess we wait," she continued, taking a seat on one of the couches. She stretched her arms out as she reclined into the soft leather, her hand sliding behind one of the cushions. She rapidly sat back up, pulling her sister's bra and panties out of their hiding place.

"Really, and I'm the slutty one," she said to herself.

She was still holding the underthings when Endora and Esmerelda came out of the bedroom, both wearing one of Jeremy's shirts this time.

Jessica tossed them at her sister.

"Did you forget something, Big Sister?" she asked in an overly sweet tone.

"I was wondering where those had gotten off to," Endora responded, deftly catching them.

The older witches took a seat on the couch opposite Jessica, and Esmerelda patted the couch beside her. Jeremy took the hint and sat down.

"So, how is everything going here?" Jessica enquired.

"Better than we'd expected," Endora answered, "Slugger here took the news better than expected so nothing drastic is going to be necessary on that end."

Jeremy looked to Esmerelda who shook her head," I'll explain later."

Endora continued, "That leaves us with checking on the other two mortals and then reporting back."

She turned to look at Jeremy, who met her gaze.

"I need to ask something of you, you are completely free to refuse, this is only something that I can do if you are willing and completely understand what's about to happen."

"This sounds like one of those consent forms you have to sign to participate in a psych experiment," he responded.

"That probably isn't too far off the mark. I need, no that isn't fair, I don't NEED to, but I'd LIKE to take a look at your memories. Specifically, what happened at the bar last night. Maybe there isn't anything useful in there, and maybe there is. You've shared everything you remember, but what's in there," she pointed at his head, "and what you think of as remembering aren't the same."

"Like when you remember a detail weeks later?" Jeremy asked.

"Yes, it was always in there you just couldn't recall it at a different moment. I want to take a look at the original recordings so to speak, not how your brain has edited it. Here's the catch. Like Esmerelda told you, every brain is different, how you file information varies. So, I can't just go right to the file and grab it. I'll probably need to look around, and I can't be sure of what I'll see. This might be a huge invasion of your most private memories. And, perhaps worse, I'll be as gentle as I can, but when you are shuffling around in the filing cabinet things can get... misplaced. It doesn't happen very often, and I am pretty good at this but again, I have to tell you what all the risks are."

Jeremy nodded, thinking things over. Esmerelda put a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't have to do this. I'm not sure I want you to do this. You've already risked too much for me."

He put his hand on hers, "It's okay, I'm fine with it. Endora might see a few things I'm embarrassed about," he glanced over to the blonde witch, "If you start seeing things from the 6th grade run for it, no one should have to see that."

Then he returned his eyes to Esmerelda, "I've been embarrassed before, and I'm sure I will be again. And if I can't remember something, well then, I can't. As long as I don't forget any of my time with you, I can live with that. Something has to be done, and I'm the only one here to do it."

Esmerelda hugged him, tearing up a little as she buried her face in his shoulder. He held her tight for a minute then looked at Endora, "What do I need to do?"

"Just relax, close your eyes and try to clear your mind as much as you can."

Esmerelda let go of him, moving to the couch beside Jessica. Both were nervously watching Endora. The blonde witch closed her eyes for a minute, then opened them, staring at Jeremy before closing them again.

She opened them again and then turned to look at the other witches.

"Jeremy, is it okay if Jessica takes a look?"

"Whatever you think is best."

Jessica looked at her sister quizzically, then closed her eyes in concentration. They opened almost immediately, and she looked questioningly back at Endora who just shook her head.

Both witches turned to Esmerelda, the red-haired witch looked back and forth between them.

"What?" she asked quietly, a tinge of fear in her voice.

Endora moved closer to the other two.

"Have you done anything to him?" she whispered.

"No, nothing, you're really scaring me right now Endora."

"Look into his mind Esmy."

Endora looked to Jessica who just nodded silently and placed a hand on Esmerelda's leg.

She turned to face her boyfriend, closed her eyes and concentrated. Her eyes opened almost immediately, and she looked to her friends. Both shook their heads, she took a deep breath, "Jeremy, honey, we're done."

He opened his eyes, looking at the three of them, seeing the worry in their faces, "Is everything OK? I didn't mess it up, did I?"

"No, you were fine, we just need to... discuss a few things. Would you mind terribly going out by the pool for a few minutes?" Endora said.

"Sure, I'm just going to grab a drink, anyone need anything?"

"I think we're fine, I'll call room service in a minute, I'm sure Jessica needs something to eat. Do you want anything in particular?" Esmerelda asked.

"Not really."

He grabbed a Coke from the fridge in the kitchen and went out to relax by the pool. As the door closed behind him, Endora turned to Esmerelda.

"You haven't done anything? No spells? Nothing?"

"Of course not, why would I?" Esmerelda shot back.

"Everyone take a deep breath, " Jessica interrupted, "I'm not sure what's going on but that isn't magic, at least it isn't anything any of us can do, not even Esmy."

"I'm sorry" Endora apologized to her friend, "I just... I don't know."

"I'm sorry too, you're only here to help me and I shouldn't be so defensive."

Endora looked to Jessica, "Okay, what exactly did you see?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. I mean, I know there is a mind there but it's just... not accessible. I'm not sure how to explain it. Anything I try to focus on isn't there. What about you two?"

"The same, not sure I can express it but that has the feel of it." Esmerelda answered.

"Okay, then we are all pretty much in agreement, I pushed pretty hard the second time, as hard as I was willing to risk and nothing happened." Endora said.

"What now?" Jessica asked.

"Same thing we would have done if he had said no. You and I will track down the other two get what we need, then go to the council." She turned to face Esmerelda before she continued, "but we have to report this too. I don't know what's going on, but we have to tell them."

Esmerelda nodded reluctantly. "You're right of course," she said with a sigh, glancing at the clock, she continued, "We should probably get out of here though. Get dressed, check out, grab lunch then split up? We can meet up back at home after I drop Jeremy off."

Endora considered it for a moment, "that works, it shouldn't take us that long to track them down."

She turned to her sister, "Want to grab Jeremy?"

Jessica grinned, "I seem to be the only one who hasn't..."

"Not for lack of trying," Endora retorted.

"Ummm... excuse me?" Esmerelda interrupted the sisters.

"Get dressed, I'll tell you the story at lunch."

Esmerelda hesitated for a moment, looking at the raven-haired witch, then shook her head and made her way to the bedroom with Endora on her heels.

Jessica opened the door to the porch and called for Jeremy, who was soon headed into the bedroom as well. The three dressed, then Endora helped them pack.

10 minutes later they were at the front desk, Jeremy had no sooner turned in the room key than the valet was pulling the McLaren under the portico, a black Mustang was already waiting. The valet handed Jeremy the keys, then retrieved another set from his booth and handed them to Jessica. The sisters got into the Mustang as Jeremy opened the McLaren's door for Esmerelda. They were out of the parking lot before he was even buckled up.

"Don't try to keep up with her," Esmerelda warned, "she's a bit on the reckless side sometimes, and I know where we are going."

As they left the parking lot, Esmerelda shifted in her seat to look at Jeremy.

She gave him a wicked grin, "So, do tell me about you and Jessica. "

His nervous expression faded as he glanced over and saw her grin.

"Not much to tell really."

"Then tell me everything."

He sighed, and then shared his encounter with Jessica at the pool hall.

She laughed as he finished, "you burned her number?"

He glanced over at her, her grin had been replaced by a more curious expression.

"I don't know, I mean I wasn't going to keep it."

"We have these things called trashcans, dear."

He chuckled, "I've heard about those, but I wasn't near one and," he hesitated briefly," I wanted it gone. If I put it back in my pocket or set it down in the truck I'd have to deal with it later and..." His voice trailed off.

"You didn't want the temptation?" She finished for him in a softly questioning tone.

He was silent for a minute, "Maybe," he finally said," but not in the way you are probably thinking."

He fell silent again, still composing his thoughts.

"I love you, you're the best thing ever to happen to me. I know I've never said it before because...well...our situation is.. shit. I hate it. But even before I knew everything, I never could have asked you to change that. It wouldn't be right, and it isn't something that it would have been fair of me to ask. So, here we are, and after every time I get to see you, part of me wonders when is this amazing woman, who is hopelessly out of my league, going to realize that I'm not worth the risks she is taking. I guess I was a little tempted to keep it, maybe as a hedge for when that day comes. But I realized I couldn't be that guy, the one who has one foot out the door, thinking about the next thing. So I burned it, maybe some weird symbolic gesture to myself, but I'm all in, I'll be here until you come to your senses, and then I'll figure it out."

He looked over at her, saw the tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, you're fine," She laughed a little through the tears, "you're wonderful, amazing, the second-best thing to ever happen to me."

Jeremy laughed, "that's fair."

"I've just felt so guilty, like I was ruining your life. I just...Endora and I had so much fun in college. Going to parties, concerts, games, and everything else you could imagine, and I keep thinking I'm taking so much of that away from you. You should be out with someone your own age, someone like Jessica," She snorted a little," who isn't exactly your own age, but might as well be, and having this wonderful amazing time. Instead, you're missing out for a few hours a week with me, and I hate that."

He took a hand off the wheel, placing it on her cheek, using his thumb to gently wipe away a tear.

"I don't really want that, the typical college stuff I mean. When I first started, I did that stuff, some of it at least. Clubs and concerts and parties, but it got old. After my sophomore year I just sort of gave up on it. I still like the occasional concert when it's someone worth seeing, and I like going out with my friends, but I still do all that. I'm not missing anything, and I gained you."

They drove in silence for a few minutes, broken only by Esmerelda giving directions. They turned down a few backroads and then into the parking lot of a nondescript BBQ place. He parked next to Jessica's Mustang and looked at Esmerelda. The tears were gone now, and she gave him a faint smile.

He gave her a nervous smile, "Are you ok?"

"I am," She replied with a note of confidence in her voice as she continued, "I just needed to get that off my chest."

She turned a bit in the seat, looking at him, a smile crossing her face.

"I have a plan!"

"You do, do you?"

"I most certainly do!"

"I can't wait to hear it."

"I think we should stop worrying about all that and just enjoy what we have together. No need to borrow trouble, we can let the future take care of itself."

Jeremy nodded, "Sufficient onto the day, as my Grandpa likes to say."

"Wise man."

With that they got out of the car and headed into the restaurant. Endora and Jessica were waiting just inside the door.

"Slow poke" Jessica told Jeremy with a wink.

They went to the counter, with a little help from Esmerelda, Jeremy ordered a few pounds of brisket, two links of sausage, a quart of baked beans, and another of creamed corn. The ladies went to find a table while Jeremy paid, then brought the bounty to them.

The dining room was filled with wooden picnic tables, and he found them sitting at one in the corner. Jessica and Endora on one side, Esmerelda on the other. He set the tray down and took his seat next to Esmerelda.

They tore into the BBQ, Jeremy had initially thought they were getting too much but at the rate it was disappearing he started to wonder if he'd have to go back for more.

Esmerelda finished off a piece of brisket and looked over at Jessica.

"So, Jessica, I think we need to get something straight."

"What's that?" The raven-haired witch replied.

"In the future, if you want to fuck my boyfriend, I expect you to ask me first, understood?"

"That does seem reasonable," Endora observed.

Jessica looked around at the other three for a moment, then looked Esmerelda dead in the eye.

"Esmerelda, can please I fuck your boyfriend?"

"Of course, you can," the red-head responded, "That's what friends are for."

Jeremy looked around at the smiling women, "Ummm... don't I get a say in the matter?"

"Were you going to say no?" Endora inquired looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

Jeremy leaned his head back placing his wrist on his forehead theatrically, "Poor, poor pitiful me, nothing but a piece of meat..."

Jessica speared a piece of sausage, looking at Jeremy, she licked it seductively, "You say that likes it's a bad thing, "she said before taking a bite.

He felt her foot on his leg, sliding up his calf, toes against his thigh, then pressing against his crotch. Jessica smiled at him seductively, her foot playing with him. Then he felt Esmerelda's hand on his thigh, she gave him a pat and squeeze, he glanced down and watched as she did the same to Jessica's leg.

The other witches laughed, and they resumed eating. The conversation turned to other things, Jeremy discovered that Jessica and Esmerelda hadn't seen each other in a while, with Jessica apparently just back from London. They spent the next half hour catching up, with Jeremy mostly listening as the old friends talked. Jessica mentioning someplace she'd been, the other two commenting on their experiences there. He was thrown for a bit of a loop when Endora asked if Jessica had been to the Carlton Hotel, and mentioned a wonderful party she and Esmerelda had attended there.

Esmerelda looked at her curiously before observing, "They never rebuilt it after the Blitz."

The blonde thought for a moment, "wow, that's right, that party was what 37? 38?"

"37, it was Janet's 150th birthday." Esmerelda clarified, "your mom was in Greece with a new baby, if I remember correctly," bobbing her head towards Jessica.

"You're right, she was...I'd forgotten that."

They all sat quietly for a moment, the two older witches reminiscing, while Jeremy and Jessica looked on.

Esmerelda finally broke the silence, "it was a heck of a party though."

"It was." Endora replied, and they were soon back to discussing London.

They continued talking for another half hour, then Endora noticed the time.

"Well, Jessica and I have some work to do, and you need to get him home I suppose," the blonde observed.

They said their goodbyes in the parking lot, the sisters headed west and the lovers headed east.

Jeremy and Esmerelda were soon back on the Interstate heading north. Traffic was surprisingly light and they were back at Jeremy's apartment shortly before dark. He gave the steering wheel an affectionate pat before getting out and retrieving his bag. They shared a passionate kiss, then he handed her the key fob and money clip.

She took the fob and handed the money clip back.

"Hang on to it, for next time."

"See you Tuesday?" he asked.

"Can't wait."

He watched as she pulled out of the parking lot, then headed to his apartment.

The dirty clothes went into the washer, except the T-shirt Esmerelda had been wearing. He placed it over the arm of the couch, kicked off his shoes and laid down. Laying there on the couch, eyes closed, he could smell her scent on the shirt as he drifted off to sleep.

He woke up in a cold sweat, remnants of the dream clouding his mind. It had the same intensity as the strange, erotic dreams he'd had when Esmerelda had first come into his life. It wasn't erotic this time, it was strange, not scary, not a nightmare, but there was an element of fear, of panic almost? Fragments of him running, Esmerelda with him and someone else, he struggled to remember, a child? That felt, right, he realized. Were they running from something? To something? He wasn't sure, he just had the sensation that it was important, and dangerous.

The clock on wall indicated it was a little after midnight, he got up, tossed the clothes into the dryer, took a quick shower and went back to bed. He lay awake for a while, the dream fading but then thoughts of what his life had become, what he'd discovered. He was in love with a witch he reminded himself. And he was truly in love with her. He wasn't sure of much else in all this, but that at least he was certain of.

The dream didn't return, and he awoke to his alarm at 7:00am. He still had a nagging feeling, that something was going to happen, something he needed to be ready for.

How can you be ready for something if you don't know what it is? He pondered as he ate breakfast. He felt like a pretty prepared guy, in a general sense. He had a things to deal with an extended power outage, extra food, stuff in the truck for a roadside emergency, the usual stuff. There was that moment in the bar, he hadn't been prepared for that, and the feeling of danger from his dream returned. Was it real, imagined? Some sort of delayed stress reaction? People had brought up PTSD a thousand times after the fire, but he'd never thought he had that. Was this it? Or was it something else? He picked up his phone and texted his brother.

"What is the best martial art?"

He set the phone down and was cleaning up when it buzzed.

"For what?"

"Not getting your ass kicked?"

"I'm the only one allowed to kick your ass!"

"Apparently not everyone got that memo."

The phone started ringing and he answered, his brother's voice came over the line and he could hear the concern, "What happened, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, was at a bar with a girl, some guys had a few too many and were looking for trouble and picked me."

"And?"

"It got broken up before anything really happened, but if it hadn't," his voice trailed off, he felt guilty about lying to his brother, but he certainly couldn't tell him the truth, and this was at least close to the truth.

"So, you want to be able to take care of yourself if it ever happens again?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"OK, tell you what, I'm on my way to the unit, what time are you out of class?"

"Anything after 11 today."

"Damn, slacker civilian college schedules, all right, I'll call you this afternoon, OK?"

"OK, thanks and..."

His brother cut him off, "and this isn't something Mom and Dad ever need to hear about."