All Comments on 'March Ain't So Bad'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun5 months ago

5 Stars! Well done!

012Say012Say5 months ago

A new set of characters is a great way to get revenge. Clever. Well done. 5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

You reap what you sow!

5

KahunabobKahunabob5 months ago

Ah. Actions meet consequences. Nice, short appetite cleanser. Thanks. 5/5.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

Lanniker recognized him right away. Beware the IDs of March! 5*

ArdieffArdieff5 months ago

Unexpected ;-)

statestreetstatestreet5 months ago

At least it wasn't February! *****

Ranger001Ranger0015 months ago

Snicker, Snicker, Snicker.... 😂

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

The ending shift was a bit abrupt, but at least it was a novel sequel - 4.0*

AZslyderAZslyder5 months ago

2*, this whole terrible cycle needs to end...it only got the extra star for being amusing

jmmj5jmmj55 months ago

Nice. Tight.

Comeuppance is always enjoyable. Write another.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Some days you get the bear …

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

Definite points for UpperNorthLeft for, "Lanniker recognized him right away. Beware the IDs of March! 5*" :)

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

This is ground that has been traveled so much that the grass is worn away and there's a definite path. Another one in which Marc LaValliere is beaten up, and injured beyond the ability to make a comeback in pro football. That's popular enough on LW, but let's face it: most side guys, or even the guys who just nail a married woman in a one-night stand, never see revenge wrought on them.

.

This one was set in March; maybe the next one can be entitled April showers bring May flowers, in which Jim gets to drop the flowers on Mr LaValliere's grave?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar5 months ago

I'm a huge fan of Bebop3's writing. It's always well done and almost always entertaining as hell. This story is what added the "almost" to that last sentence. I hate the Marc LaValliere trope.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

That’s the way to handle the asshole. They had him coming and going. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He's not a really well liked character, is Marc?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Crap like the rest

jstformejstforme5 months ago

Right, false charges and police abuse…sounds about right with what’s left of law enforcement these days. All kidding aside, I would think a dirty cop would be a lot more careful that nothing comes back on him, regardless if the guy is a wife stealing ass…he’s rich and famous…I’m afraid your hero is going to be hating life as much as his brother in short order.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Finally a version where the player is arrested and stopped by a revengeful cop relative.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

That’s a good one:) well done!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure why his nephews wife killed her though..lol. A narcissistic women who can do this cruelty will never take their go for suicide. They will literally kill her husband in divorce or run off with some person leaving her 3 kids.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

short but BEST yet

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story, until the jump from getting arrested to being beaten up by a pimp. Feels like a paragraph is missing.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

Well darn. Just too short but I guess justice was served to the dick head. Not sure about the jump from going to jail and the pimp, unless the pimp and his guys were already in jail waiting for him. Something seemed to be missing but still liked the story. Maybe we'll meet Det. Lanniker again.

MediocreGingerMediocreGinger5 months ago

love the No Dr. Pepper tag for the story. Gotta warn the people sometimes. Nice little story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The thing I never understood about this silly story premise is the fans. If left wing people watched sports, I can honestly see them not caring about degenerate sex acts.

For all the crap people try to heap on the right wing, they are family value centered. They would never let his history be outweighed by his career. Everyone would care if it was found out he took the wives of other men constantly. And they are the rabid sports fans.

Good story, but the premise always had a few holes in it from its first telling.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture5 months ago

How many more times are writers going to make an attempt on the orignal, would have scored more stars if names had been completely different at least. This one is like flogging a dead horse gets you nowhere. Added to that this was short, very short ending needs a lot of work, and other than mentioning about his nephews dead wife where exactly was the LW in this script, I mean you put it in LW category.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like these stories its a great tribute to the original author.

The original is primal for guys.

For this sequel,

Was great at beginning but very rushed at end.

You could have done slot with it, to bad

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Pathetic on so many levels. Two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 stars. Nice story but dragging in pimp and co. at the end was a bit abrupt and felt clunky. Still thanks for another enjoyable FS follow on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sooner or later things do catch up

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Yes. Nice. With only the mention of his name, all us readers knew exactly what the story was all about. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ok. Once more into the breech! Will this tale never end?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a great take on a story many have retold. Bravo and Merry Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why do you people keep rehashing a mediocre story? George Anderson’s original and the rewrites are tiresome.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well it was interesting and started off well. Then suddenly swing off into the twilight zone during the last few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent take om the original story. I think I have read all of the recaps that have been written on this story and I do believe that yours is one of the best. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just found this story after reading your latest posting and I see you made an excellent tale of three good songs although it was a sad ending

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Can't score this since my version is missing 2 whole pages.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Brutally truncated in the ending. Another wasted umpteenth alternative version af one awful tale.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not up to your usual standards.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

I really liked it. But it was far too short for such a good plot.

Still l score it 4/5

Welcome back Bebop3, l wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and hope to see you posting lots of great stories in 2024.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Snicker extra star for Dr pepper tag, netting the story 6 stars. Hope the judge finds himself a decent woman to replace the disloyal slut soon.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A good overview of a potentially good story, but not really a good story in itself.

I applaud you for actually using tags. I pity you for being unable to do such a simple thing successfully.

FordF150guyFordF150guy5 months ago

Did I miss something. There seems to be a gap. Still not bad. 4****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Swing and a miss.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great story Bebop, worth an easy *5 anytime LaValliere gets the beating he so reachly deserves. Who the hell does he think he is chasing these married women? Reed Richards?

Shooter357Shooter3575 months ago

I like the subject matter, but I feel it could have been fleshed out a little more. Ending seemed rushed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Huh? Was the story just based on how quickly he could write a very short story?

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon5 months ago

The nephew's wife committing suicide after her husband wouldn't take her back - now that's a new twist I haven't seen in any of the 110 FEBSUX stories I've read. It leaves me wanting to see that angle explored in more depth.

I'm binge-reading your stories, and noticing a lot of complaints from commenters about FTDS w/r to your Rotica-750's (sounds like a motorcycle doesn't it - guess I'm thinking of the Honda CB-750). People seem to forget that these are simply vignettes; no one's going to get a novel, or even a decent short story, in 750 words. That's the point of these things, correct? In Formula 1 racing, the drivers can't refuel their cars.; that's a limitation on the machine and driver. But the races are awesome nonetheless - as are your Rotica-750's

towgtowg5 months ago

What??? That made no sense. Poor effort, at best.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nope. As I commented on another story, abuse of authority is even worse than adultery. If the cop had just killed the player, and used his knowledge of crime scenes to not leave any evidence, I would applaud him. Using his badge and favors owed is reprehensible.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sweet! Very pleasant ending to an infamous story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Any story where "LaValliere" SUFFERS is good to me! The more the better! The stupid women don't deserve any better either.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Cute, had to grin at the ending. Thanks for your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...