All Comments on 'March Comes in Like a Lion'

by JavaBlack

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Reminds me

Of "February sucks" with a twist for him.

AethurAethurabout 2 years ago

5*, but as other commenters have pointed out, what happened to the son? You can't really use family members as one-scene props.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

At first it says they dont have kids...then suddenly he has a son...but still a decent story...and Wilson? Really? ...like really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another weak, needy crying, unprincipled LW husband character. "No, I'm walking out because of your lack of respect for me. For your information, I DID spend the night with Brianna, and it was spectacular! I still came home hoping that we could work through our mutual indiscretions, but I see that isn't possible right now. Don't call me, I'll call you when I'm ready to talk again."

IRL, after what she did there is NOTHING to work through. As written, the "fling" doesn't count, just her attitude? What horseshit. And "Brianna" placing her career about her relationship and marriage is surely the basis for a sound marriage. /sarc/ The bit about groupies was unclear. Were they both having "flings" or just being hit on? If they were committing adultery then it changes "Brianna's" character considerably.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Except for the instant kid for him to feel guilty about, a good attempt to establish "parity" with the wife for her "special night." An even better take on FebSux in this vein is StoneyWebb's "The Movie Star and my Wife." No divorce and a humorous twist at the end...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep writing; you're on to some good things. The nit-pickers are always around. I do think some of the more thoughtful comments bear scrutiny..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved the story.

Maybe one of the best Feb. sucks reads.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

Good twist on the typical story. Marc LaVale, etc.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny6 months ago

You know it would eat your Ex alive to see her husband holding his newborn with his beauty queen wife every morning on the Today show. That's some tasty revenge right there

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice karmic revenge in a FS format. Still Breanna pulled a Linda 5 years earlier on her own ex.

And why woukd a quarterback dropping off his married slut of the night, smirk at the husband as all of them show up at the house. Just saying the NFL quarterback has a lot to lose and that smirk would certainly push some husbands to do serious injury. A football player can still be hurt with a weapon, even if just a metal pipe, 2x4, or a rock to the face. Kelly was just a plot device.

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Yeah back again

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He should have taken the time to rub Kelly's nose in it. That uber bitch definitely deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Can’t believe the story didn’t have at least one final scene where he and his ex had a final “discussion” about her lack of respect for him, while he was just glowing with success in both his writing AND with Brianna. That deficit cost a ⭐️

.

3 ***

fritz51fritz51about 2 months ago

I liked this one and scored it high. Even though I am NOT accusing this author of plagiarizing this one from the famous "February Sucks" by G. Anderson, a nod to that work, which was written about a year before this would not have hurt... perhaps the author was totally unaware of "F.S."

Regarding the M.C. - his reaction to the deeply disturbing disrespect that his wife displayed with her actions, so similar to "Linda's" bothered my sense of right / wrong.

Matt kept saying that it was the disrespect, not the cheating that he objected to. Really? He also implied that he could have forgiven her for fucking Wilson, but not the disrespect. WTF? Sorry, but in my book she's history, as there is nothing that she could do to fix that level of treachery.

One more thing: I was sure when the female publisher was named Melanie Wilson, I was sure that it would turn out to be the football player's wife and old Matt would get some serious pay back... but NO - just wishful thining on my part!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A really good twist, though unlikely. But this is fiction afters all. The writing was very competent, with minor flaws. Five stars from me.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

By the way, I in no way see this as plagiarism og GA''S FEB SUX. Too many differences, beginning with the MC getting his own wonderful night. And it goes on from there.

But even more so, the concept has morphed into a LW trope, with other versions (movie star, singer, politician, etc.). Give Feb Sux it's due, but move on.

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJavaBlack@JavaBlack
I will not be commenting on any stories, my own included. I want my stories to be judged for themselves, not influenced by something that I might say in a comment.