Marcie and Leo Ch. 128

Story Info
Prepping for Valentine's Day.
1.6k words
5
502
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 128 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

"The human hand has twenty-seven bones in it except when I think of you, there's twenty-eight."

As I groaned at my business partner, I looked at him and saw the cheesiest smile you wouldn't expect from someone except your best friend. It was then he took a drink of his lemon water before he started pontificating again.

"You groan, sir, because you don't see the subtle charm in the cheesy line of a card for Valentine's Day," he responded.

"Bro, there's a difference between subtle charm and totally pervy," was my retort before we shared a laugh.

As much as I talk about Marcie in these stories of mine, I would be remiss if I didn't share a little bit about Matt. Not only is he still my best friend after all these years, but he was the motivating impetus for our company getting started and arguably putting me in the predicament that I found myself in at that moment. There we were the CEO and the CFO of a Forbes 500 technology company having a rare lunch together a few weeks prior to Valentine's Day. It wasn't exactly a business crisis, but it was under the guise of "catching up after the holidays" that Matt conned me into lunch.

It started okay enough. He drove me to one of the places he would feed or get fed by a prospective vendor or customer and we ordered food our wives would be proud to see us eat. It turned out Shannon was as avid a fan of Matt getting in better shape as Marcie was while we were dating. It was hard to believe that even though Marcie was my neighbor for five years prior to the events that led to us dating (Good Neighbors Ch. 1 btw.) Matt was married to Shannon about six months longer than I was. And of course, Matt had a kid to show it as well. It became apparent the real motive after we finished off lunch and relaxed afterward.

"It's easy for you, Mr. Oblivious," he responded. "My wife didn't surprise me not only with getting two new suits for work purposes, but also a trip to Tahiti as well. I was shocked that she could surprise you with that, Leo. And yet, you have not come up with one idea on what to get her in response."

He was right, of course. Marcie did surprise me with all that for Christmas. Thus, the reason why we needed lunch was to catch up. Still, it didn't change the lingering thoughts in my mind that I wanted to do something special for Marcie for Valentine's Day. There was just the usual thing stopping me.

"You do know what stops me, right?" I asked as Matt took another swig of his lemon water.

"You mean the whole thing with she doesn't do well with being spoiled?"

"Yeah, that. Don't you think the way I..."

"...would give her the world and everything in it if she'd let you because you love her so much?" He finished my thoughts before I could. "I know. That does put a money wrench into things. Have you guys discussed it?"

"We have. She even put a kibosh on me spoiling her and her sisters with a spa day when she went to visit soon after we got back."

"You're lucky. You know how much I have been able to surprise Shannon since we got married?"

I looked at him with a smile.

"That's one reason for separate accounts, my friend," I answered. "It would be easier to do things if Shannon had her own stuff. Not that she had a chance after you seduced her. Speaking of which, why are you thinking a card?"

"Because, Genius, I am sneaking in an itinerary of my own for a family trip for Valentine's Day. We're not taking it until April, but I want to surprise her. Plus, I must have a cheesy line. It is kind of one thing she looks forward to when I try to surprise her."

This made me remember how often Matt used to use cheesy lines when we were in high school. Even though we were best friends, Matt was also a serial dater during those times and used his corny sense of humor to break the ice with a new conquest. I could only imagine what line he used when Shannon and he started dating.

"How did you come up with the trip?" I asked.

"The trip was easy. Paying for it was also easy since I set up a separate savings account in my name," he said with a wink. "I do listen to you, Leo. And the fact that Marcie has her separate stuff because of her late husband's pension and stuff did make it easier for her to surprise you."

Again, Matt was right. A conspiracy theorist would have started getting suspicious with the results. The thing was Marcie and I chose to keep the financials separate because of my desire to show I could trust her. During her marriage to Mitch, she ran their accounts. This was partially fueled by the fact that they scraped together everything to get the house. Mitch worked his ass off to make sure his Queen had a roof over her head during their entire life together until his retirement. They barely bought things for themselves as splurges because of that. It was the main reason that Marcie was so worried when it took so long for his pension to be moved to her name while we dated.

"It does make it easy," I said. "Still, I'll think of something."

As we finished our lunch, the seed was planted on trying to come up with a good gift for Marcie. As I took the elevator back up to my floor, I was still thinking about it. It was as I entered the office that I received a call.

"Hi, Baby," Marcie said.

I smiled immediately as Aubrey smiled back at me from her desk. As I went into my office, I was distracted talking to Marcie that I didn't notice who was in my office waiting. There she stood, looking at me with that trademark smile on her face and that sparkle in her eyes. She started walking towards me as I slipped my phone back in my pocket.

"You know, Mr. Mercer," she started as she showed the blouse had a few buttons undone. "I would think you don't keep any clients waiting for their appointment."

By this time, her arms were around my neck, and we shared a deep kiss. My hands involuntarily slid down her back to her rear and squeezed a little. I could feel her moan as I did that.

"You make me want to be a bad girl so much, Leo," she whispered as we continued to hold each other.

It was the door opening and Aubrey smiling at us that broke the spell.

"Just like the old days of me playing mood-killer," she said before both girls laughed. "Leo, is it okay if I disappear for the afternoon? Wes is taking me out for a late lunch."

I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up before she closed the door. Marcie and I kissed again before she started playing with the buttons on my shirt.

"You didn't wear one of the suits today?" she asked.

"Matt and I went casual. We just had lunch. You won't believe what he's doing for Shannon for Valentine's Day."

"Does it involve a corny card?" she asked almost on cue.

We moved to the couch as we talked.

"It always does, my love. He was egging me on about my gift for you."

"Leo, you know..."

"I do, Baby."

She smiled.

"But there's still a part of you feeling guilty, huh?"

I nodded my head.

"You realized you surpassed everything, my love."

"I didn't think I did," Marcie said. "I just felt like doing it and found a way to make it happen."

"It blew me away, Sweetheart. It's something I wasn't used to."

"Yet, you saw why I did it, right?"

I looked at her and smiled. She saw something in my eye and moved closer.

"I wanted you to feel the way you made me feel before we got married. I wanted you to see how amazing a man you are and how you did so much for me without overdoing it. You won me over not with your money, but with your heart. You made me feel beautiful. You encouraged me to be more independent. You supported me through all the garbage after Mitch died even before we slept together. You've been my rock, Leo. I just wanted to spoil you for a change. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah, but..." I started before she placed a finger on my lips.

She followed that up with her lips and we shared a deep kiss again. It was then my intercom went off.

"Hey Leo, are you busy?"

I looked at Marcie. She rose from the couch and hit the intercom.

"Would you like to see Mr. Mercer, Mr. Masters? He can be upstairs right away if you like."

I held back a laugh when Matt answered.

"Aubrey, what the hell?"

We both broke up laughing before Matt paged back.

"I'll be right down."

Marcie took the moment to button her blouse back up before Matt walked in. His confusion changed to a smile before he looked at me.

"I feel awkward now," he said.

Marcie walked towards him and hugged him.

"It's okay. Leo and I were just talking about Valentine's Day. He had the idea that we should watch Junior while you and Shannon go out. What do you say?"

Both Matt and I looked at Marcie questionably before Matt looked at me.

"Are you offering, Bro?" he asked.

I nodded my head. I was unsure what Marcie was up to, but figured playing along was the best plan.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers