Marcie and Leo Ch. 016

Story Info
Another appointment. Aubrey tags along.
1.1k words
4.63
1.7k
00

Part 16 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

(The prevailing theme of these stories has been the ability of our characters to move on from loss and to thrive. It's one reason why every story isn't some hot scene. Just like in normal relationships, we have our days. I know it feels like a back and forth when it's been like this, but for you the reader I am grateful. This one of course isn't sexy at all. Just a heads up.)

It was a normal morning when Marcie and I woke up. Except it wasn't that normal. We looked at each other when we opened our eyes and shared a few kisses before she stopped.

"If we stay in bed, we won't make our appointment," she whispered to me.

"I know, but I enjoy these moments with you so much."

"Even after all this time?"

"I still do."

"You're such a sweetheart, Leo. But we should get going."

"I know. What do we want to do afterwards?"

"I dunno yet. I just know we need to get going."

I got the hint. We slipped out and went to the shower where we took a tame shower. While she worked on her regiment, I picked out a pair of dark jeans and a polo. As Marcie walked out of the bathroom, she saw the polo and shook her head.

"Dress shirt, Leo."

I looked at my queen and nodded before switching to a white t-shirt with a dress shirt. I watched as she put on her business style dress. She put her hair up as she normally did before slipping on some nice earrings and a matching necklace. We went to the kitchen where we made some coffee before we looked at the keys again. This time, Marcie smiled at me to indicate I was driving to our appointment this time. I grabbed my keys and went out to the car. It was when I was turning the car on when Aubrey knocked on my window. I rolled it down and saw a look on her face.

"Leo, I normally don't ask this, but I can I tag along this time?"

I felt Marcie's hand on my arm before I nodded my head and unlocked the door. As she slipped into the backseat, Marcie opened her door and moved to the backseat as well. As we started to drive to our appointment, I thought about how far I had come since this time started. I remembered Marcie taking me to visit on my birthday last year. As much as Marcie makes me happy, I still think about Missy daily. Missy, for those who didn't know, is my late wife. I lost her a year ago to cancer. I always talk about how much of an angel Marcie is, but she went through so much pain near the end of Missy's life as well because her late husband was dying of cancer also. Missy beat Mitchell by about a month.

As we neared the cemetery, I started to go towards Mitchell's grave first. Marcie started to get quieter as we parked near where his stone was. I went around to her side and opened the door before she slipped out. She gave me a quick hug before walking towards the stone. Aubrey opened the door on her side and walked around before both of us walked forward and stood on either side of Marcie. Marcie looked at Aubrey, then turned her head towards me and smiled before kneeling. Like she usually did, she started talking to Mitchell like he was sitting with her. Aubrey looked at me as she did.

Once Marcie stood back up, she hugged both of us before we went back to the car. We slowly drove around the cemetery before we reached where Missy's grave was. Again, I opened the door for Marcie and helped her out before I walked to the other side and opened the door for Aubrey. We all approached the stone before I stopped. The girls looked at me before I smiled.

"Aubrey needs to talk to her first," I whispered.

Aubrey looked at me.

"Are you sure? I mean I'm not sure..."

"You knew her longer. I know you miss her a ton and need to. It's okay."

I stood there with Marcie holding me while Aubrey went forth and knelt next to the stone. I didn't hear what she was saying, but I saw the tears in her eyes as she spoke to her best friend and former college roommate. When she finished, she walked towards us and hugged both of us, the tears still falling from her eyes. Marcie held onto her while I walked towards the stone. I knelt down and started to talk.

"Hi sweetheart. I miss you."

I started talking about giving our house to Aubrey and all the things going on at work and with Marcie. I then wiped my eyes with the handkerchief in my pocket before kissing my hand and rubbing the top of the stone. As I walked back, I put my arms around both girls. Marcie walked forward and spent a few minutes with the stone as well before we went back to the car.

We decided to have a quick bite to eat at a café nearby. As we drank coffee, we talked about things. Aubrey then looked at me.

"Thank you for letting me tag along this time, Leo. I needed it."

"It's been a bit. It almost never seems to get easier."

"I was thinking about all the crap that's happened since she died. And then I start thinking about all the good things. Meeting Wes, moving into the house, all the good stuff at work. I sometimes make sure Missy's picture is always looking at me when I'm having a bad day at my desk to help me through."

Then she looked at Marcie.

"I'll be honest. When Leo talked about how much of an Angel you were right after Missy died, I wasn't sure how to take it. Since then, I've seen it more. Thank you for letting me be part of your life as well. I know how important your husband was to you. But I am also glad you two had each other's backs for support. It's like Leo and me. And Leo with Matt. And Leo with everybody."

We shared a laugh before the check came. As we headed back to the car, my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and saw Matt's name. I answered it right away.

"Leo, is there a way you can head to the hospital? Shannon's in labor."

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers