Marion's Story Ch. 12

Story Info
The continuing story of Marions evolution.
5.6k words
4.78
9.6k
15

Part 10 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,563 Followers

(Note) This is the continuing story of Marion and his journey from small town boy to sexy rock chick. In trying to add a back story about the other girls in the band I added a couple of stories which I posted in the lesbian section. This story is being posted as chapter twelve but follows on directly from chapter Nine. Sorry if this causes any confusion.

At this point I also want to thank my friend Marina Kelly for her help with the story and the excellent editing.

After Sue's wedding things took off for the band, not because of the wedding but the tour that Moll's organized that followed. We played to full houses and it was fair to say we were now getting noticed and we were under a lot of pressure to sign with a major label. Moll's seemed to be on the phone continuously talking to venues, promoters or recording labels and it was getting to the stage where we needed to make a decision on where we were going and what we wanted to achieve.

Mel as vocal as ever wanted to release a proper album. Up to this stage we had the demo album I produced at school and the live album recorded whilst we were in the midst of our first tour. Mel was single minded in her approach and she never let us forget it. Her goal had never shifted, her faith in us and what we were playing was stronger than ever. She wanted us to take one of the myriads of offers and just get it done. Money was now not a road block for us we could do it, all we needed to do was find some time and of course sign on the dotted line, that's the bit that worried me the most. The music world is full of stories of artists that have been screwed over by their record label. It felt like signing away your soul so I was dead against it.

Jas and Cindy didn't seem to care they were in love and that was all they cared about. Their continual shows of PDA were embarrassingly funny, but as far as what to do or where to go...they didn't care. It really came down to a battle of wits between me and Mel, and to a lesser extent Moll's because she was the one fighting off the record label head honcho's and she was working real hard to get us a good deal. I hate to say it but we had more than a few falling out over it. I could understand her perspective she thought she was doing the right thing and in many ways she was. I was really the odd one out, I wanted to maintain control of our material and not be dictated to by some label.

With a bunch of venues crying out for gigs Moll's found herself in the position where she made a bunch of promises that we had to fulfill and that meant another tour. This time we decided on the luxury of roadies. With the booking agreed and confirmed we decided to take two weeks off before it started to get our collective breath back. Touring and playing continuously can be very taxing.

Mom had been on the phone a lot, especially with Moll's so we decided to head home and spend some time with her. On the drive down Moll's curled up beside me and as the miles drifted by, she asked, "Mi where are we going...you and me? What do you see in the future?"

When I glanced across at her I was surprised by her very serious face. "I'm not sure Moll's, I guess we ride the wave the bands on then take it from there. Let's be honest with each other bands have a life expectancy that's pretty short. So I guess we hold on tight, what I can say is Mel's driving me crazy she's so wrapped up in getting this record deal."

She sighed, "Sorry, I was thinking more you and me, not so much the band."

"What do you mean? Are we talking about tomorrow...next week...next year?"

"I don't know babes, I guess I want to know what you're thinking, I love you and I want to be with you. I am more sure now than ever, I want to be with you forever."

I grabbed her hand squeezing as tight as I could, "Moll's I love you so much it hurts, what brought all this on? Have I done something or said something that's upset you?"

She leaned over for a quick kiss, "No, it was more your Mom, she keeps asking what we're going to do, get married or live in sin. You know what she's like I think she had so much fun at Sue's wedding she wants another."

I chuckled, "Yeah she had a ball, that's for damn sure. Moll's if you want to get married, I would be honored to be your...I don't know what I would be, except yours."

She giggled, "You're my girlfriend, my sexy Rock star girlfriend... There's nothing to stop us getting married even though don't look like it you are still legally a man and I know it would make your mom happy."

"What about your folks? What would they say?"

"Fuck them, they kicked me out...disowned me when Pa found out I was gay, he got all tied in knots and we had a big dust up and he kicked me out, said never call or come back, this is no longer your home, so that's what I did and I have never been back...so fuck them!"

We had never really talked about her folks, she had always changed the subject when they came up in conversation, I knew they didn't get along, but wow the level of animosity was unexpected.

"Sorry babe, I didn't mean to make you sad or anything."

She snuggled up beside me, leaning in closer, "Na, it's not your fault, I shoulda told you ages ago."

"Guess it will save some money at the wedding, what about brothers or sisters?"

"None." She snapped, "I was an only child."

We drove in silence for a while before I spluttered, "Are you serious or tugging my chain, because I'm serious, I would love you to be my wife."

She giggled again and her sad face vanished, "Wife huh, what if I want you to be my wife?"

"Either way I don't care, I just want a bit of paper that says you're mine."

"Yours!" She gushed, fat chance buddy, you'll be mine and it'll mean you have to do what you're told to."

We both bantered back and forth as we pulled up outside mom's place, I sighed, "So...do we tell her?"

She nodded, "Yep, least she might let us share a bed that way."

Mom never stopped us sharing a bed but she always managed to slip in a little guilt trip to weigh us down.

As we climbed out of the wagon mom cane running down the front steps and Moll's and her shared a huge hug and kiss, "Gosh darn it's good to see you Molly you look gorgeous, that boy is lucky to have you."

I waited my turn, it was little comments like that which sort of eroded away my confidence. Moll's saw me flinch and bit her lip, she understood.

When mom let her go and she slipped into my arms I chuckled, "Hey mom." After a hug she pushed me out to arm's length as she took in my appearance. I had chosen a pair of skin tight jeans and sloppy T-shirt. My makeup was minimal but my big dangling loop earrings hinted at more.

"Mimi sweetheart you look beautiful as well, oh heavens you need to eat more, you're all skin and bone."

Moll's laughed and mom turned to her, "Don't you laugh young lady, you're no better, come inside, dinner's in the oven."

When we sat down, she started bringing us up to date on Bev and her clan, Sue and her life, she hesitated when she got to April but I laughed it off. "Mom it's OK, we made up, we saw them last week."

Mum frowned, "Well she never said nothing."

As we worked our way through a huge dinner, we brought her up to speed about the upcoming tour and possible record deal. She was a bit sad, "What about your degree? Are you going to finish it?"

Swallowing a mouthful of pie, I mumbled, "Yeah of course I am mom but, this is hard to hold back, the bands big at the moment and if we don't make the most of it then we will miss our chance."

She nodded, "But what happens when the band breaks up, you'll need a job, a proper job."

"Mom, I'll finish the degree, OK...I made a promise and I'll keep it. I won't let you down."

She sighed, "Thank you sweetheart, you know how much money the church raised to send you there."

Moll's decided to drop the bomb to ease the tension that had grown, "Mom Mi and me have some news." When mom turned her attention to her she put on her biggest smile and squealed, "We're getting married."

I thought mom was going to faint, she went as white as a ghost and her hands clasped over her mouth, "Oh my lord, oh good heavens above...married!" She turned to me and the tears rolled down her cheeks, "Marion...oh honey that's the best news I.....oh thank the lord, you've made my day."

She jumped up and Moll's jumped into her arms and they twirled round and round, then it was my turn and the three of us hugged.

"When? When is the big day, what about your tour?"

I tried to calm her down, "Mom we haven't set a date we only just decided as we pulled into your driveway."

"Well what about an engagement party, we have to tell everybody, the girls will want to be here, we can have a big party."

Moll's face beamed wide and bright as she soaked up mom's boisterous mood. When she looked back at me, she said, "We will have to invite the girls in the band."

I nodded, wow this had grown quickly, I had the feeling I was rapidly losing control of this thing, Moll's and mom walked off arm in arm out to the veranda leaving me in their wake. They were already talking wedding dresses, cakes, the whole shebang. Jesus, I don't think I could live through another bachelorette party.

It was weird being back home and anyone who's been through it knows the feeling. As they gossiped out front, I took the opportunity to climb up into the treehouse where this whole weird journey began. It still felt cool climbing up here, sure it needed lots of work but it felt comfortable.

I lay on the floor and closed my eyes and it was then I realized how fast the world had been spinning recently, now with the world shut out I felt my heart rate slow and I wished I brought my guitar, because without all the white noise I could feel the pulse, the vibrations and some lyrics leaked into my head.

I hummed the melody over and over to fasten it to the old grey matter.

When I finally climbed down Moll's was in the shower and mom grabbed me, her smile was hidden behind a little frown, "Sweetheart, what are you going to do for your wedding? I know this is who you are and I am proud of you but do you think it's appropriate for your wedding?"

Her comment shouldn't have shocked me but it did bite, choosing my words I sighed deeply, "Mom I wasn't joking when I told you this is who I am, Marion is gone, I mean look at me...how would I bring Marion back?"

A little tear formed and trickled down her cheek, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to hurt you but you're the only chance of extending your fathers line."

I pulled her into a comforting hug, "Mom I hope to have children, I'm not taking drugs or hormones or anything like that, we can physically have children I just have to make the most of the success the band is having. Moll's and me haven't talked about children but I know I want them."

Mom squeezed me in her death grip, "Thank you honey, that would make your father a happy man. He would be so proud of you, the way you have made a life for yourself and your wife...is she going to be your wife?"

Moll's peered around the kitchen door wrapped in her towel with a grin as big as the Grand Canyon, before she blew me a kiss and vanished, "Yeah mom she will be my wife, well partner really, the traditional husband wife thing ain't gonna work for us.."

Patting my arm she sniggered, "Then tomorrow you better get that girl a ring."

A ring...god yes, I hadn't thought about that, but it was true if we were going to make it official then we would need a ring.

As we lay in bed that night Moll's giggled, you better bite the pillow tonight in case your mom hears."

"Like hell, Jesus we aren't doing that here."

Her hand curling around my boner proved that she knew me better than I knew myself although she was wrong in one thing... it was her biting the pillow.

In the morning Moll's got to work ringing the girls in the band and Mom started on my sisters. It gave me some spare time to go down town and search for a ring.

I took my time getting ready, I chose to wear a cute pink sundress, it fit nice and was long enough to show off my legs without being too short for conservative old Dodge. A pair of three inch sandals finished off the look. When I checked my reflection in the full length mirror, I was pretty happy I thought I looked like a country girl. I kept my makeup simple trying to keep that look going. With my off set bob cut and blonde highlights I thought I looked cute.

Molly thought so as well giving me a cat call whistle as I walked out which made mom do a double take before she broke into a smile.

I left them to it and wandered down to the mall to have a look around K Martins jewelers. As I wandered through the shop I got a couple of strange looks from the woman behind the counter. I remembered her from my younger days, she used to supervise our bible study classes at the church. She used to me quite maternal and loving but here she seemed very different. A little overweight and somewhere around sixty, with far too much makeup on she looked like a woman who missed her youth.

As I looked at the engagement rings, she kept staring, every time I glanced across at her she was staring at me. I tried to stay focused on the rings and there was one I really liked, at three thousand dollars it was expensive but I didn't care, I wanted it.

When the assistant finally realized I was doing more than browsing she came over, "How can I assist you young lady?"

Her voice was hesitant and the words came slowly as her mouth fell open.

"I would like to look at that ring please." I pointed to the one in question but she just stared open mouthed at me. "Marion....is that you?"

I tried to stop the blush but as much as I tried, I still felt embarrassed in these situations, "My name is Mimi."

"Oh dear...yes of course, um which one did you say?" She spluttered.

I again pointed out the one I wanted and she slid it out of the cabinet and placed it on the counter, taking it out of the little box. I slipped it on my index finger as Molly's fingers were actually bigger than mine.

As I slipped it on my index finger and held it up to the light she said, "Ah you realize that is an engagement ring, don't you?"

I nodded, "Yep sure do ma'am. But my girlfriend's fingers are bigger than mine."

I thought she was going to faint when I said girlfriend... I loved the sparkly diamond and although it was expensive, well for me anyway I decided to take it.

As she wrapped it up, she kept glaring at me, "Marion, I know that's you in there, what is your poor mama going to say?"

Her reaction annoyed me and I turned on my heels and marched out without responding. On the walk home I got plenty of admiring stares and even a whistle, but it couldn't halt the tears that trickled. It was shit like this that created the self-doubt, the inner demons twisted and knotted tight. It didn't matter how often or who said I looked pretty when I looked in the mirror, all I saw was a scrawny guy in a dress. All that did was terrorize me, why did Molly even like me? I was constantly afraid that she would one day just say, sorry I found a real woman. That's why this was such a big deal for me, to hear her say she wanted to spend eternity with me was amazing, and yet that bitch in the jewelers just blew it all to hell with her bitchy comments.

Back at mom's place she saw my distress and pulled me into her loving arms, "Sweetheart what are all these tears for?"

I recounted my experience with Mrs. Henry and she gave me a kiss, "You never mind that silly old busybody. Sometimes she needs to keep her damn opinions to her petty self. What were you doing in there anyway?"

I pulled the ring out of my purse and passed it to her. She opened the package and then the ring box and her eyes widened in disbelief, "Oh lordy Marion...it's beautiful, goodness gracious it's perfect."

"Where's Moll's?"

Mom gave me a final hug, "She has gone with Bev to do some shopping, I'm surprised you didn't see them on your way home they just left." She wiped away the last tear, "Honey, go and fix yourself up and I will make some lemon tea."

As we sat out on the veranda sipping our tea she asked, "So when are you going to give it to her?"

I shrugged my tense shoulders, "When she gets home I suppose, I hadn't thought about it."

She tut, tutted me, "No dear you must do it properly, you must get down on one knee, I assume you have talked to her parents."

I told her about Moll's relationship with her folks and she frowned in her motherly way, "Some people need to take a long hard look in the mirror, that girl is just beautiful, they should be proud, I know I am."

We ended up having another hug as we walked back to the kitchen, I still have to kick myself to remind me that my mom is so accepting. We were just finishing up the dishes when Bev and Moll's walked in. Bev walked in with an arm full of bags and when she saw me she gushed, "Holy shit Marion...are you getting prettier?"

Once the bags were on the counter we slipped into a tight embrace and a kiss. Moll's walked up behind her carrying more bags and leaned over Bev's shoulder for a kiss.

They started fussing around putting the groceries away and mom kept waving her arms at me, so I just did it. As Moll's turned to collect some stuff she almost fell over me, while mom hugged Bev close I was down on one knee in that time honored maneuver I held up the ring box, "Molly, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

She stumbled backwards a little and had to catch herself as her hands covered her mouth in shock. It took her several minutes before she sniffled, "Yes...a thousand times yes."

Bev fluttered around as Moll's pulled the ring out and slid it on her ring finger, "Oh God Mi...It's beautiful, damn it's perfect."

Bev grabbed her hand and held it up to the light muttering, "God damn Marion, this is magnificent. It must have cost a lot?"

Moll's hugged her as she peered back at me, "Can we afford this Mi, I mean I love it but Bev's right it must have been expensive."

I chuckled, "It's fine, so long as people turn out for our tour."

Bev chimed in, "Well you're not leaving until we have had a proper party, I already called Sue and April, they're all coming this weekend."

I glanced at Moll's and she added, "Mel, Jas and Cindy are coming as well. They are turning up Friday night. Guess what they're bringing the gear because I just booked you guys in to the Central Station Bar and Grill, Friday Night right here in Dodge, they had a cancellation so were pretty pumped when I walked in. The girls are getting here about three Friday."

Bev clapped her hands, "I can't wait to see my little brother live, damn you better be good."

I snorted, "You've seen us before, what about Sues wedding?"

"Yeah but I meant in a venue with lots of people, the place will be packed." She turned to mom and said, "I guess it's a waste of time asking if you can baby sit?"

Mom laughed, "You are not keeping me away, sorry you will have to find somebody else, I love the little tackers but I'm not missing this for the world."

Moll's spent all day wandering around staring at her finger and as the day slipped away, she must have kissed me a million times, she just randomly walked up hugged me and kissed me. Mom just shook her head, "Kids!"

Bev and the family turned up for dinner which was nice, but I could see the kids were confused, they didn't say anything but the questions were there.

Friday the girls arrived as did Sue and her husband. April and Sandy weren't far behind. There wasn't much time for a big get together as we were all rushing like crazy, the party itself was planned for Saturday night.

Friday was a mad panic, we had to spend some time getting the stage set up and sound checks. The sound tech was pretty good and surprisingly the PA was damn good. By six we were set to go. The only thing that scared me were the costumes. Mom was going to have a fit, I know she's seen literally hundreds of video clips of us but this was different I would be right in her face.

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,563 Followers
12