Mark - My story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hired my regular investigator to do some checking on Karen. I wanted a much better idea of what she was doing before I told Mark. Were he to know the full story, it might kill him.

**********

Mark

Time heals all wounds and wounds all heals. I heard that somewhere. Not sure if it's true.

I do know that I managed to swallow my pride and pretend that I didn't know a thing. And it's weird; if I hadn't seen Karen get in that elevator when I did, I might never have known.

Karen has been the same person that she always was. She's a great mother and fiercely protective of our children. She is organized and hard-working. To me she's the same woman that I met and married 10 years ago. But now, she isn't.

I still don't know what to do. Do I confront her and boot her to the curb? Do I confront her and try to work through this with marriage counseling? What if she's the one that wants to get rid of me? What...what...what about the kids?

If Karen is in love with this guy and wants to leave us for him, I'm not sure what to do. That's where Jordan comes in. he's my ace in the hole, here. He's my guy to help me navigate the intricacies of this shit-show.

**********

Jordan

So, I had my investigator do some work. Wolfie is a very good investigator. Her real name is Hanna Wolfenstein, but her friends and close associates call her Wolfie. She's a former police detective in NYC who got shot in the knee and was medically pensioned off. She's only in her mid-thirties, divorced, and is tall, blond, slender and very good looking. She fits in well in many places and so is really good at surveillance. She also has a wide variety of technical tools at her disposal. She's my go-to person to get information. She rarely disappoints. She's also not cheap. But hey, you get what you pay for in this world.

I called Wolfie and asked her to come by my office. When she got there, I got an immediate hard-on just looking at her. She does that to men; all men. Her knee is just about back to normal so you hardly notice any issues when she walks.

She came in and after I got her a cup of coffee we started, "Jordo, what can I do for you?" She calls me 'Jordo.'

"I have another wife that is stepping out on her husband. This one is the wife of one of my best friends."

I passed her the file folder that we had put together on Karen. It listed where she worked, addresses, phone numbers. A picture of Karen, her car and license number, as well as a short bio on her that included height, weight, and anything else that I thought might be useful. These were things that I could do that were all nice and legal but Wolfie worked that part that was more... intrusive. She had the resources to dig deeply into peoples' lives including their financial dealings.

I took a drink of my coffee and continued. "Her husband spotted her at the Hilton downtown with a man that was way more friendly than a friend should be. This guy is likely a friend with benefits. I want to know what and who she's doing and for how long. Anything that you can get will help her husband to make a decision about possible divorce and what we use for grounds. Bottom line is I need leverage to make sure that he gets custody of his kids, if it comes to that."

Wolfie nodded and made more notes as I talked. She had done this before and I was very confident that whatever Karen was up to, Wolfie would find out.

She looked at me, "you know I don't work for free. I need my normal retainer up front and my usual hourly." She wiggled her nose, "I'll need at least 3 hours to figure out a plan and do an electronic search. I'll get back to you in two days with my better estimate. Does that work for you and your client?"

"Excellent. He's a very patient man but he wants information before he does anything. We'll talk in two days."

Wolfie collected her file and put it in her oversized handbag and stood up. I was afraid that my partial erection was showing, and she knew it. As she got to the door she stopped and turned slightly, "You do remember that you still owe me that supper out?"

"How could I forget."

She looked down at my crotch and smiled.

**********

Hannah

Fuck I hate stupid women that think they can do whatever they want with their unsuspecting husbands and get away with it. I've seen too many of these self-entitled bitches who fuck around on the men that they rely on to support them and pay for the life that they want.

My client is a hardworking and dedicated family man that got blind-sided by his wife when, by accident, he saw her walking and holding hands with another man and kissing him in an elevator at one of our best hotels in the downtown.

According to Jordo, he doesn't want to boot her ass to the curb but wants to know what is really going on and wants to know what his options are.

I've seen this before. From what Jordo said, the client wants to keep his family, if he can. But I know that there is only so much you can do before you want to...explode. There are limits. I've seen men who are rational and logical and very controlled in their lives, go nuts and do things that they regret later.

Right now, I need to find out what Karen Francis is all about. I suspect that Mrs. Francis has been doing this sort of thing before. She is either very comfortable in her actions and has become a bit lazy in hiding her infidelity or this was her first time. Not sure, but I'll find out.

I'm going to e-mail Jordo my estimate and then after he gives his approval, I'll get to work.

**********

Mark (Three weeks later)

I got a call from Jordan. His investigator had been hard at work and has a report to give me. I hope the fuck that what I saw was just something that has an explanation. If it is something more, I don't know what I will do.

When I got to Jordan's office, he ushered me in to his small conference room and I could tell from his expression that what I was going to find out was not what I had hoped to hear.

Introductions were made. Jordan started.

"Mark, Wolfie had been able to find out a lot of information. She's going to go over it and then I think we need to talk about it. In short, you are right in your suspicion that Karen is involved with another man. I'll let Wolfie tell you the rest of it."

I turned to look at the investigator. "Mr. Francis, I started looking into your wife right after Jordan briefed me on what you wanted to know. I've been able to find out a great deal about Mrs. Francis, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that your wife has been involved with another man, for a lengthy period of time."

I grabbed the bottle of water, took a drink and then ran for the washroom. The water, along with everything else that I had eaten in the last twelve hours came up into the toilet. The washroom was spinning and I think I actually passed out for a few seconds.

The next thing I knew Jordan and Hannah were holding my head. He had a towel under my chin and she was washing my face with a wet washcloth.

It took a few minutes but I made my way back to the conference room.

When the world stopped spinning, Jordan asked if I wanted to go on or stop now and do this another time. I had to take a number of deep breaths but I told him that I wanted to go on. Better to get this over with now, than drag it out.

Hannah started again. "Mr. Francis, we did a detailed electronic search of your wife. I have to say that there is actually very little information about your wife online. I know that she works as a web developer and so she has the tools and ability to manage what is known about her. She has a Facebook page and that's about it. She doesn't use any of the other social media platforms. Everything that she puts on Facebook is family oriented. It's all very normal, mundane information. There are a few photos of you, her and the children, all very innocuous and showing you doing something as a family. I looked at her Facebook friends and researched them to see if there were any that were disguised."

I looked are her with a questioning expression.

"What I mean is, are there any of her Facebook friends that are not who they try to appear as? That would give them the ability to direct message each other and then delete the messages so that you or anyone else might not see them. We didn't find anyone who is not a real person. That doesn't mean that your wife hasn't set up a false account under another name, a pseudonym; that is quite common, and hard to find if she accesses that account on a device that you might not know about."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Hannah looked at me and carried on.

"So, we had to utilize some old school techniques. We attached a tracking device to your wife's car and followed her movements. The first week we merely tracked the various locations that she visited and eliminated the obvious: Work, home, your children's school, the supermarket that you normally shop at; those sorts of places. Then we decided when and where we would follow Mrs. Francis, and observe who she met and what she did. That's when we were able to get down to business."

Oh My God!

"The second week we installed a listening device in Mrs. Francis' car. It was able to record anything that was said in the car. The recorder is voice activated and designed to filter out normal car noises and road sounds. It is also designed to allow us to remotely access it to monitor conversations that happen in the car. It was through that means that we were able to learn that Mrs. Francis was planning to meet with a Mr. Thomas Murray. Do you know him?"

I shook my head, 'no."

She took a sip of water and continued the litany of hell. "We researched Mr. Murray and learned that he's a corporate lawyer currently seconded to the State of New York in the State Comptroller's office. He's assigned to a project there in procurement and contracting. Seems that the state decided to get outside help with the project. The rest of that is not important.

We did a detailed search of Mr. Murray and learned that he is married to a Brittany Murray and they live here in Albany with their daughter, Allison."

Hannah passed me photos of Thomas Murray, Brittany Murray and their daughter, and the house that they live in.

She asked, "does he look familiar or does the house look familiar?"

I shook my head, "not really, he could be the man that Karen was with. To be honest, at the time, I wasn't watching him, I was watching her."

"We determined from the voice recorder in Mrs. Francis' car that she was planning to meet Mr. Murray at a hotel on the east side on Wednesday, last week. We were there to watch them come into the hotel and got these photos of them."

She passed me several photos of Karen with him. They were holding hands. It felt like they could have been fucking each other right there in the hotel lobby. She was holding his fucking hand!

Hannah was waiting for me to take it in before she continued. "Once we knew who Mrs. Francis was meeting we were able to do a detailed background check on Mr. Murray. We believe that he and Mrs. Francis were a couple in university before you met her."

The room was spinning again. Jordan handed me paper bag and told me to breathe into it. It helped a bit.

Hannah was looking at Jordan for a sign whether to go on or not.

I looked at her, 'go on..." I took a drink of water.

"Well, we checked the records of the university and determined that Mr. Murray was in his third year when Mrs. Francis was a freshman. They dated for two years, living together at one point for a year. It was at that point that they split up and Mrs. Francis moved into the dormitory. I believe it was not long after that, that you met her."

"Were you able to find out why they parted?"

"Yes. Mr. Murray went to law school in North Carolina. It was there that he met his wife and they married just about the time that he graduated. Their child was born about six months after they married."

"He got her pregnant."

"Yes."

"When did Karen start seeing him again?"

'We're not entirely certain but when we searched his financial records, we determined that he has a separate bank account not linked to any of his other accounts. I believe that he keeps that secret from his wife. It's with that account that he pays for the hotel room almost every week."

"Does Karen have a secret bank account that she's been hiding from me?"

Hannah hesitated a bit before answering. I knew instantly what the answer was going to be.

"Yes, she does. It's with a credit union near her office. We determined that she has about forty thousand dollars in that account."

I looked at both Jordan and Hannah, "how the hell did she get that kind of money? I do the taxes and it's all pretty straight forward. We save every month, but not there..."

"We believe that she has been siphoning money off by getting paid in two paychecks. One, about 75% of her salary, goes to your joint account, and the other 25% to her own account. She also has a separate credit card at that credit union. She also has a burner phone, a flip-phone, that she uses to call Mr. Murray."

Oh, my fucking god! My wife is living a double-life. What the fuck?

Hannah turned to look at Jordan, he looked back and nodded his head; then he spoke.

"Mark, we have...unh...we have some more information that you need to know, and this is the hardest part of all."

How the hell could it be more difficult? "Jesus, Jordan, how much worse can it get?

"Well, this is not what I had hoped but I think you need to know this. You have a right to know it."

Now I was really puzzled. "Okay, tell me what it is."

Jordan, with the most despondent expression I think I have ever seen on his face said, "Go ahead Wolfie, tell him."

"Mr. Francis, when I find out that there is long-term infidelity in a case, I automatically expand the search parameters to include other members of the family. Last year, you had the school that the kids go to, take cheek swabs for DNA in the event of an abduction or some other disaster. Well...we accessed your children's DNA and compared it with yours and Mrs. Francis'. So, the results for Mrs. Francis were as you might expect, she is the mother of the children. When we compared your DNA with the children, we determined that... you are not their biological father."

"Wha...wha...what...?"

"Sir, I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are not the biological father of Keith and Andrea."

I couldn't believe my ears. "That's impossible, you have to be wrong."

Jordan spoke up. "Mark, I know that it's difficult to believe, we used your DNA from your paper coffee cup last time you were here, and we had the tests done twice, but we're certain that someone else is the father of your kids."

My planet stopped spinning, again. I couldn't breathe and I was about to pass out. The room spun, once more and I had to lay on the floor. In the time that it took for Hannah to tell me about the DNA tests, my entire world just collapsed.

I have a cheating wife and I don't have children.

As you might guess, it took me some time to digest what Jordan and Hannah told me. She had a very nicely prepared written report and even put it on a memory stick for me to use. Jordan had a complete copy for his file. He figured that he would need it later for the divorce settlement.

I had a question for Hannah. "Have you been able to determine who the father of my children, Karen's children, is?"

"We haven't gone that far, but if you wish we can do certain...things...to collect DNA from another person and compare it to the children."

I nodded at her. "Please do that. I want to know who is the man that is their father. I'm assuming that it's Thomas Murray."

Hannah looked at Jordan and then me, "that's who we believe is the biological father of the children."

"Right, do it, I want to know." I paused for a minute, "I don't want to know how you do it, but please find out and tell me."

We were done and Hannah gathered all the things that she had and put them in the folder and passed it to Jordan. She stood up and started to leave. "Mr. Francis, for what's it's worth, other than her short periods of time with Mr. Murray, I think that Mrs. Francis does actually love you very much. She has all the outward signs of a woman that loves her husband. I know that right now that doesn't mean very much, but think about it before you do something. And one last word of advice, if I may, please don't do anything foolish and wind up in jail. It won't do you any good."

Hannah turned and looked at Jordan and motioned for him to follow her. They went out to the hallway outside the conference room and spoke quietly. I could see her nod her head towards me a couple of times and then she kissed Jordan on the cheek and left. I surmised that they were friends with occasional benefits.

Jordan came back in. We sat in silence for a few minutes. Then he stood up, "come on, you're coming with me."

**********

Karen

Oh my god! I can't believe the intensity of the orgasm that Tommy's mouth gives me. He knows my clit and pussy all too well and knows how to make me cum. He is so good at it. He can tell just when I'm about to explode and then tease me to the point that I beg him to make me cum.

I know what you're thinking. Is it normal to be married and have a lover? Yes, it is normal, at least for me -- and relatively common as far as I know -- for married people to love someone other than their partners. It happens more often than you think, but not all people who fall in love with other people end their marriages.

I love Mark. Very much. I'm just in-love with Tommy at the same time.

You're thinking that I'm crazy and just a cheating bitch. You can think whatever you want; but it's my life.

Mark doesn't know about Tommy. And Tommy's wife doesn't know about me. And we both want to keep it that way. We spend one afternoon a week together. That's it. We've been doing this for years. I have loved Tommy before he and I were ever married to Mark and Brittany. Before any of us had children.

Tommy met Brittany when he was at law school and she got pregnant. He did the right thing and married her. Our relationship ended and it was then that I met Mark. We dated and I fell in love with him. We got married and not long after I ran into Tommy. We kind of started seeing each other again. We never fell out of love for each other. But now we both had other commitments and other lives.

I know it was wrong, but I couldn't not see Tommy. Mark was my husband and I love him a lot. But Tommy was, what I thought, my true love. The problem was that we both had spouses that we had committed to and so it meant that our love for each other was secondary.

We started seeing each other once a week, a regular thing. After a few months I missed my period and knew that I was pregnant. Mark was ecstatic with the news that he was going to be a father. I didn't know who was the father, Mark or Tommy. It didn't matter at the time.

Pregnant sex was the best sex. I was so horny all the time that I couldn't get enough from either Mark or Tommy. I wanted to have sex every day, morning and night. And I did.

After Keith was born Tommy and I took a break, considering the demands of being a new parent. Mark took to being a father like a duck to water. He's a wonderful father. The man is tireless. He would work all day and then come home and take over parenting to give me a chance to get a shower and take a rest. I got used to being a mother and it wasn't long before I had my shit sorted out and was able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

When Keith was about a year old, I got pregnant with Andrea. Those three years were a challenge but were wonderful times. My husband is my hero. He makes my life with him and the kids a joy.

My time with Tommy is a diversion that I need. He makes me feel good and sexy and he does things for my psyche that Mark can't do. Not to say that Mark is any less of a husband or person or man, no; not at all. They're different. I need them both. I want them both. I can only have so much of Tommy; Brittany has the biggest part of him, and that's fair.