All Comments on 'Marriage Divorce Life Ch. 01'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

A good start to the story but I'm having a really hard time liking him as you have written him so weak. He's wife is living with another man for a month and he is still questioning himself? She obviously doesn't care about her marriage and home because she can't be bothered to come back and save it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Interesting story Poor Tom doesn't know who Shelby is

Tom was blindsided by his wife. He thought they had a great marriage even though she separated from him emotionally after his kids moved out. She kept him satisfied with sex but was really only concerned with her writer friends.

It's not clear why she objected to his plans for a divorce. She wasn't willing to do anything to preserve her marriage. Tom offered counseling and reconciliation if she gave up her lover. She ignored his statement if she left him for a month with her lover it was over. Even when she was hit with divorce papers and the sale of their house, she expected Tom to come to her commune for mercy sex.

Shelby doesn't care about Tom. She is only concerned about her own feelings. I don't know why Tom didn't tell his kids the truth. She chose her lover over her husband. They didn't grow apart he still loves the bitch. His kids will find out eventually but Tom needs the support now. Shelby is happy with her writer friends who are probably encouraging the divorce. I wish you would give him more direction than just getting a divorce and a house. He has his own circle of friends. Don't force a reconciliation.

reasonable man

natekit76natekit76about 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the next part

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years ago

Be wary of creative folk

Sometimes they try to create their own version of reality.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago
The detail don't match up.

Hi Cagivagurl. As a New Zealander you seem to get things misunderstood. In NZ the husband has no right to pack up all the wife's things and evict her from the marital home. That's just ridiculous. He could leave if he wishes but the home would be marital property.

In NZ we NEVER refer to tertiary education as "School". They are adults. School finishes with High School. (Secondary School) (School Boys and Girls) It's only Americans that use that expression for Adults going to College/University.

Their two adult children are at University, often referred to as Uni or Varsity. Or, they go to a Technical Institute, normally referred to as Poly-tech. No adult says they are going to "school".

The husband is a Car Salesman. Never shy about coming forward, he wouldn't mince his words about the situation with his friends or family. "Sorry Kids, your Mother has been having an affair for 6 months and is currently away for a month living with her lover!" How difficult is that. They are adults. Treat them as such. Tell them that is why he is getting a divorce. He wouldn't waffle his words.

Same with all other friends and family. "My wife has been having an affair for 6 months so I am divorcing her. She's now living with her lover."

Yes, the emotional impact on him will take some time to recover from but he wouldn't shy away from things like some weak arsed wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wrong category. This stuff belongs in Loving Wives.

Plus, if he takes her back in the end, I'm gonna puke. I'm all for Reconciliation of such stories, but the wife is being so disrespectful, suggesting an open marriage? Really?

beanburner69beanburner69about 3 years ago
BS

BTB, I was twice married twice burned got my as taken to the cleaners both times.This is not a great story.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Good story. Shelby is living in a fantasy world where she has her cake and eats it to. Tom needs to cut the cancer out of his life and move on.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

A good read. Five stars

I'm enjoying the roller-coaster ride.

But I sincerely hope Tom mans up. Shelby's as mad as a cut snake. I hope Tom's not the same. Sadly, I'm beginning to think he might be.

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
Very good

This is a very good story. Wife has already replaced hubby, she just won't admit that fact to herself. He did the right thing by dumping her arse. No good would have come to letting her back with her attitude. Cant wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good story but for me there's one mistake in the story. He should have had Shelby served with the divorce papers before she left. Shelby is in complete denial about her affair and is rationalising her reasons for it. She truly believes that there will be no aftermath from her month away. By serving her with the divorce papers before she left she would have been faced with the reality of the situation. Yes, it would have taken the story down a different route but it would have made the story real. Any man facing this situation would have had her served before she left because it's so obvious that she doesn't accept the reality of what will happen if she goes off for a month.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 3 years ago
Pure Bullshit

As he said, if twenty years wasn't enough time for her to sort out her feelings about her husband and marriage, that really says it all right there. Why should he wait around to find out if she's staying or going? Why is he obligated to be her safety net? Why should their twenty years mean anything to him when clearly it didn’t mean much to her?

Also, I like how she mentions an "open marriage", but never even suggests that hubby gets a little somethin'-somethin' for himself. No, her version of an open marriage is she gets to play around and maybe they can have a threesome with HER lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My 2 Cents

Why is this posted in Romance - where's the love? I don't feel it.

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

"Young-un, life can be a hard road, and it's not for me to judge, but twenty years together seems a lot to throw away."

_______

This carries the stench of RAAC, which shouldn't be too surprising as the MC seems to be operating at a sever testosterone deficit. I truly hope I'm wrong.

.

He should have absolutely told his children what was going on. His wife is a proven liar who has a penchant for framing arguments to make her appear reasonable and him at fault. There is no way he should not head that off at the pass by letting them know exactly why they were getting divorced. As a matter of fact, he should have put it out far and wide on social media.

Dunny69Dunny69about 3 years ago

I got half way down the first page and saw the direction this was going so to avoid further dissapointment i jumped to end ( not to find out the ending but to access comments page) and gave it a 3 for writing a story but not interested in doormats or wimps. Sorry

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

The story is easy to read, but it's not a good story! Are there really such stupid women without illusions in your environment who believe a normal man would act in such a theater? That’s completely upset! Of course he will have memories of his previous life, but they will not be lost just because he is getting a divorce! What has been lost, she is no longer his trustworthy partner who shares life with him. She has become a player who has set other preferences. Good, as long as he clearly recognizes this and gives you no chance to lie back in his life!

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Good decision.... fairwell cheating slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I really hope its not one of them RaaC stories...

It seems good, but there are too many concessions given. He covers them initially but tends to slide a bit. Like when he noticed that sex was waning once the kids moved out, but chalked it up to empty nest, he didn't bring that up to her when she asked if he was missing out on anything. She also chose the ap over him when she went on the writing retreat, or should I say lovers retreat. He didn't talk to his kids about her actions, thus allowing her to gaslight things, honesty is the best policy. It maybe not the easiest course to take. He took advise from a old man, who suggested that he might be in the wrong. All I have to say to that is trust is like a mirror, once its broken you will never look at it the same way, even with glue to hold it together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm pushing 70, been around the world twice, and done a lot of foolish (OK, some were stupid) things, but in all of that I have never met, known, seen, heard about, smelt, felt, or stood next to any man that would have accepted this behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No offense author but your characters are too bizarre. You'd think someone finding out that their spouse is cheating on them would elicit anger or sorrow at least a few swear words thrown in. Instead they talk like they are discussing the weather while enjoying some tea and biscuits. They repeat the same conversations over and over every other paragraph. "But darling this doesn't affect us!" "No no it quite does jolly good chap for I must divorce you as I told you before." Rinse and repeat.

The cheating wife is unreasonably juvenile and for some reason the husband always wants to martyr himself by hiding the adultery from the kids. Please go ask you mum, I'm too much of a saint to say anything bad about her.

I don't understand which reality these people come from.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago
Female Logic

She needs to 'find herself' and go live with another man for 'only a month' after 20 years being married and can't understand why he is upset? That's the epitome of stupid. She can't seem to grasp the fact that she cheated on their marriage and betrayed her husband.

He said from the beginning that if she left, she wouldn't have a home to return to. She was only thinking about herself, not them.

Stupid slut.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 2 years ago

2 stars from me. I spotted at least three misspelled words, several grammatical mistakes, and the opening sentences needed re-writing to make more sense. The wife's behaviour was such as to be completely unbelievable, barring a mental illness, and the husband's milquetoast reaction of not immediately filing for divorce the day he discovered his wife's infidelity, but giving her several chances to break things off, seek counseling, and repair their hopelessly shattered relationship, was also hard to stomach and farfetched. For these reasons, I had to score your tale as above-stated.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

I know this is a common template for the genre, but portraying the woman as such a loony doesn't do the story many favours. It just makes their marriage seem like a joke in the first place, so there's not that much investment in how it pans out. Which is why those comical BTBs mostly work in these situations, since the reader's only in it for the lulz.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Authors can write whatever they want, but do not read this series unless you love the typical cuckold wimp stories with reconciliations that are both undeserved and impossible with any normal male. I have read the whole thing, and now went back because the ultimate ending made no sense to me. Re-reading the story only confirms that the ultimate reconciliation did not make any sense and could not to real people in a real world. This part 1 confirms that Shelby was a cruel, selfish narcissistic bitch who terribly and publicly betrayed her husband, and thought nothing of it. It seem incredible fantasy that any husband could finally reconcile with someone like that, even if Shelby showed great remorse. Her betrayal was too complete and went for too long to be ever forgotten or accepted by reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Strange, I like the story. But, can see where it’s going. I completely agree with”someoneother”. The wife is an insensitive bitch and it’s difficult to believe that it took twenty years to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is only credible in a parallel universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One star and stopped reading the series once I saw the comment from someoneother. There's no way these two should get back together, no matter how much you love someone you have to trust AND respect them. Shelby is not worthy of trust and respect, it is ridiculous for them to reconcile.

Denham_ForrestDenham_Forrestover 2 years ago

I'm going to say I liked this yarn. However what was missing (and I always feel missing in yarns set in USA) when two lovers are overheard by the husband. Is the sound of click-click sound of round being chambered in and automatic pistol. Nobody needs to have a weapon pointed at them or even see the bloody thing; but that sound alone would surely put a whole new light on things as far as a lover is concerned. It's always been my contention that the implied threat of violence is much more effective than actual violence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

From this point it is clear that the author has written, albeit with fluent prose, the usual weak, needy, cuckish husband character: "Make up your mind Shelby, you can't have it both ways, that's not the way it works." His raging ultimately means nothing because only cunt of a man would give the lying, deceitful adulteress a choice under the circumstances. The failure to be straight with the children is the same old absurd, unmerited "chivalry" trope that appears in many ways in many stories. This authoress can't write a male character. The wife is also more than a bit cartoonish in how she is developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well written the emotion of people.

he should have asked her to arrange a lady as companion for him for one month.

alternative is she has to stop the relationship for 6 months from he find a friend with benefit and both can experiment one month seperately with their soul mates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’ve always thought that women can truly love more than one person while men can only “love” one person at a time. Sure, men can screw more than one woman regularly, but unlike women they can’t make love to more than one person regularly as I think that women can. This author is so good at describing the emotions of his characters that he or she as the case may actually be, is among only three or four of my current favorites. Thank you for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The phone conversations were monotonous. It was the same conversation over and over and over.

How is he able to sell the house? I thought she had to sing the papers.

This was just plain lazy writing.

PorterrhPorterrhover 2 years ago

What is missing in all of these stories is a little self-respect from the men involved

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This dude at least stuck to his morals. He was only a little wishy washy. He didn't cave and accept life as a cuckold.

That's better than most of the male characters this author writes.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

I hate when cheaters use the excuse, as you did: ""Tom you missed my point. During the time I have been seeing Paul, has our relationship suffered?"

She had so much love and effection to give Paul that she chose not to give her own husband. So by definition, the relationship suffered. She could have spend more energy in building a better relationship with her husband. She chose not to.

Curious to see why she didn't contest the house sale or the divorce. Inconsistent with her statements but then again she is coming across a bit delusional and totally ignoring his feelings. No respect for the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Tom honey, we have been drifting over the last couple of years, I felt like you take me for granted. We don't make love as much and the intensity has definitely faded...I'm sorry you feel that this is our only option I am deeply hurt that you are unable to see past your fragile sensibilities and insecurities"...blah, blah, blah.

you have some fucked up ideas about fidelity. you repeatedly use the same tired, cliched, and thoroughly repulsive narrative-see above-over and over and over, endlessly berating the male MC for feeling betrayed and lied to as if such feelings are immature- your word- and childish-your implication.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

THE HUSBAND IS SUCH WEAK CUCK, HE COULD NOT EVEN TELL HIS ADULT CHILDREN THAT THE MOTHER WAS FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

This was really well written, from the beginning my guts were twisting. Shelby has no idea how she was acting and destroying her husband. She obviously has been manipulated by this group of writers. That she rubs the affair in his face and try’s to get him to come to her, shows absolute disrespect.

I hope in the next part she figures out how much she destroyed a good man, I hope that he finds someone new and that their kids support him over the ex. I hope that she feels the pain she has just caused Tom.

As always I love your writing and as I post I’m heading over to the next part

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Just

Just having read CH 1 ,I hope I don't find in the following chapters that he is a wimp and takes the slut back.She obviously no longer loves him despite her words or she wouldn't have signed the divorce papers so quick,but would have dragged it out to save her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, that was easy. No pushback from Shelby, just signed and returned everything by return mail. What does that say about her feelings?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. Another Simping husband. This site is getting full of them. Didn't take any furniture. Didn't tell the adult kids. Didn't even seem to get angry about the ongoing affair. Just whimpered and went away.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

God, all of your wronged spouses are fucking pathetic. Shit happens in marriages, sure. But NO ONE is this fucking delusional. It’s almost insulting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am befuddled. How can the wife blithely ignore the six months of affair and then going on the month long retreat to assess what she wanted for the future, while lying continuously, as NOT the ultimate betrayal especially after 20 years of marriage. This is beyond unrealistic. Yes stuff happens but not this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The images portrayed in this reasonable well told tale are alarmingly disturbing. This story is just more feminist propaganda denigrating men and masculinity.

Why do most authors make the cheated upon husband to be a helpless weak kneed wussy pussy?

Isn't that kinda like belittling a rape victim coz she was raped?

That's not how most men above the age of 15 react. I have yet to meet a man who is a crybaby blithering idiot coz he just found out his wife has been busy fucking all and sundry.

Most real men I know, (OOPPS sorry I mean actual men, not big tough Macho real men), who got divorced instantly adopted the healthy attitude of

"Well you want a divorce. Fine by me. No skin off my nose. You were never that good anyway. Your loss. Fuck off and leave me alone, don't be here when I get back. I am going out to play pool at the pub. "

uses against them.

Well that's how Kiwis handle divorce. Maybe its a cultural thing.

As a generalization most married men very quickly learn by painful experience to never, and I do mean NEVER, show their spouse any weakness or vulnerability coz sooner or later it WILL be used by their ever loving gentle spouses against them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God, your MC is a whining pussy that he even considered reconciling with this woman. And: "I certainly wasn't going to tell them their mother was a slut." Why not?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm sorry but sometimes your stories hold too much sympathy for cheaters. Don't get me wrong I am all for reconciliation but there is a lack of remorse and respect that the character Shelby has for her partner that is disturbing. Especially when you can tell that you are directing the protagonist towards taking her back. As a practicing Buddhist I also believe in forgiveness and accepting people for who they are BUT that isn't mutually exclusive to excepting said person back into your inner sanctum if they have betrayed your trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Misandrist, feminist horseshit. You write women as cunts and men like they are women.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I don’t like either of the two main characters. I am, however, hooked and looking forward to the remaining chapters.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Mc was right if vows mean nothing neither does the marriage and the bullshit her lover didn't wantto harm her marriage he shouldn't be fucking her

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a very weak ending to an otherwise decent story.

.

Shelby obviously took one to many hits from tne Martian Slut Ray.

.

Never can understand why the offended party in these tales always refrain from telling their ADULT children tne truth about the cause(s) of any divorce.

.

Ending the tale leaving the impression that the husband had inflicted himself to a lonely life, but that tne cheater was going to be just fine left a bad taste. But then….guess I have to read next chapter 🤗

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why wouldn’t he tell the kids the mother was having an affair? I certainly would have.

Paul would have definitely lost his teeth and any ability to procreate, maybe even the ability to walk.

If she wanted something different she should have discussed it in the 1st place. However having the relationship in the way it was done would indicate to me she is fundamentally a person who is very self centred, that is a basic dishonesty, disrespect and disregard shown for someone she has been with for 20 years. I would not accept that. I also wouldn’t accept the protestations of love. I think the MC behaved well. As usual a good story that is well written with a somewhat different moral viewpoint ( that last is an individual choice for me). Do like the author but not sure about their personal code.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There we have it again: your usual pattern!! Delusional wife, wimpy husband. And you write how you'd like men to behave. I hardly know anyone who'd not kick her out and ostracize her in a similar setting. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I never cease to be amazed at how the female MCs in Cagi's stories are so far out of touch with reality.

20 year straight laced marriage. Raising 2 kids. Never any talk about sharing. Swapping. Polyamory nor any real kinks. Cheating would be a deal breaker. Husband is clearly heterosexual.

Yet...her we have the wife engaging in a 6 month long affair. And when discovered she is ambivalent. Can't figure out why her husband is so upset? And then actually suggests that they should all 3 of them be involved together sexually. If he "would just be open to alternatives" everything would work out great.

Hahahahaha...how ridiculous. Talk about clueless. Seriously. This stupid cunt has lived with this guy for 20 years. She was mystified why he didn't wanna share her or start having 3somes with her and another dude? Or how come he just couldn't understand her need to have sex with her client to help with his "art"/writing?

For fucks sakes what fantasy world does Cagi live in that she writes this shit? 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Narcissistic

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

She said it was emotional, no sex, then she said they'd had sex just last week, trickle truthing or merely the writer playing with their audience?

Shelby says one thing and then clearly does another,, if she's so invested in her marriage why not fight for it. All seems strange, and that she's completely unconcerned about where she'll be living is another red flag that I'm sure we'll be seeing the answer to next installment. That the golf playing stick in the mud loser husband has just folded in on himself is pathetic and doesn't in the slightest elicit sympathy. The opposite in fact, perhaps such a personality explains why his wife sought life elsewhere.b The golf playing is definitely a pointer to that

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Well, so far, so good...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is one of the worst cuckold stories trying to play off as Love and a strong man. If my Dad, Mom or anyone I knew ever acted like this I would disown them for life. His actions and replies to her an absolute pitiful. I literally felt more like a Simp just by reading this story.. please label this appropriately a huge Simp story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Move out of LW…u suck at writing!

cgulden51cgulden515 months ago

She said they had never slept together and then admits it's been going on for 6 weeks. That should be enough to see she couldn't be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I made the mistake of reading one of this author's story sometime ago, I immediately had to go read a couple of btb Stories and good realistic reconciliation stories after that, the way this author's portrays the husband in his/her stories gosh.. this author has a cuck fetish no doubt about that, in every story of the author, the mc husband is a wimpy cuck simp husband that will take back his slut wife at all cost, normally I don't see a problem with reconciliation stories in fact I like it, if done right. But this author aww gosh, stop writing Lw stories and move to those cuck fetish genres. So dear author if you can handle a wimpy cuck simp husband in all stories this author is for you. Fair warning for new reader's who don't like the wimpy cuck simp husband stay away from this author stories.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You didnt mention anything about her lying. He heard her say that everyone knows abt the affair and she lied abt. She said they never slept together and confessed to sleeping often. No follow up of any of the things. Why do you even write?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think people are being unfair to CG and to MC. Yes, there are some criticisms that are valid (recognizable patterns, outrageously bold antagonists, and people letting go of significant details). But overall, CG writes, in her stories, very readable and well paced prose. As above, I too have some issues with content, but never her ability to write.

Now, onto MC. I think that his world has flipped in like 40 days. Something he truly believed for twenty years was simply not true: his wife was not trustworthy or faithful or even concerned about him. And now, he’s figured out that she not only is unconcerned by her behavior, she wants to continue it against his will. She doesn’t even believe his threats. She clearly does not respect him.

So is it weak to feel furious and a bit impotent in a situation like this? He *could* force her to stop or exact his revenge, but his wife has already upfront stated that she would call the cops. Perhaps it is weak not to tell the children of her actions, but the first question: “why?” isn’t an answer he even has. Why should he take the intense interrogation when his wife precipitated every action? And further, what can they do for him? They cannot force her to stop either and he doesn’t, at this point, know if he’s even interested in any reconciliation.

So, no, I don’t think that this is cuck stuff nor do I believe either the author or the main character are weak or nefarious or bad. It’s a good story so far because we’re pissed and bewildered.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor4 months ago

I am impressed by the realism of this story. It is told through the actions and thoughts of characters that do and experience breakups like real people do. So far it isn't feel-good story but it is insightful and, its way, instructive.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Skimmed through chapter one but part way through chapter two I realized I had to come read all of 1.

If they had a threesome it would be a fmf because he's damn sure a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think I get this author's point- that infidelity hurts but breaking a long term relationship hurts too and that, while it's easy to say burn the bitch/bastard, forgiveness and reconciliation is possible and may be preferable to the wronged party. I also think that her(his?) protagonists can be too passive though. In this instance clobbering Paul the first time he became aware of their screwing around would be a natural reaction (and possibly even excused by the authorities if not taken to excess) but hubby doesn't express any anger or even confront them. If he wanted to show a little restraint and ingenuity he could have rung and cancelled the house rental scuppering the writers retreat and, of course, the cheaters' personal plans.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

Only issue I see is she said early on that they hadn't slept together and then a couple paragraphs later admit to sleeping with him?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

finished reading this, good quality as usual. Thanks

NallusNallus2 months ago

Even if he's not the kind of guy who wanted to talk about sexual and other deep issues, he doesn't have to be shallow. He can have those thoughts and emotions, and that would've enriched his character.

That said, I do love the story!

Ridiculous69Ridiculous692 days ago

This author clearly hates sting men as her husband characters. She’s a big fan of the slut wives she creates but can’t help but make their spouse weak and miserable. Awful

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES