All Comments on 'Mars Hill Ch. 01'

by TheDVH

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent lead-in chapter, so very realistic with 2 young lives intertwining.

Excellent writing, enjoyable associating how the different pieces and parts may go going forward and how the crazy but fun lesbian aunts will continue to fit in.

BRAVO!!!!

Just_John1Just_John1almost 7 years ago
Love it!

Love the characters, you did such a great job getting your readers involved with them. I am so looking forward to the next chapter. I only wish I had waited to read this until you were done with the rest so I didn't have to wait. The writing absolutely disappears and just the story is left. A really good effort! Fun, emotional with so much left unsaid. Can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brings me back to when I spent the night with Werner von Braun

Actually. As a grad student is astrophysics-astronomy in the late 60's we had a generous amount of time at Lick above San Jose with the 120" ;mybossbeing NASA and visiting prof at Berkeley. They have a 36" Alvin Clark refractor. The first lens slipped free from the mules hauling it up Mt Hamilton and it took a few years to get a replacement made. The benefactor James Lick is buried in the pier. Kind of creepy in the wee hours.

Anyway back then NASA was just considering the Hubble, and von Braun came out to see what this telescoping was all about when we were up. It was foggy so couldn't open the dome, so we just talked all night. Still have his sketches of translunar insertion and a copy of a nice letter to my boss.

We did a week at Kitt peak, with the 84", and were disappointed. Very slow spectrograph. My only real time in AZ

Never went to Lowell, but Arizona is magical. Oh, my dissertation helped establish the Big Bang, proud to say. One quibble, grad students virtually never get to publish on their own, even if their name comes first. I didn't publish as a singleton till the 90's.

papabear4589papabear4589almost 7 years ago
loved it

Please keep up with the great work and keep the story going on.

TheDVHTheDVHalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 2

Hi Folks,

I have received some messages about Chapter 2. It is currently down to get the update that ties it in with Chapter 1 and Chapter 3. I'm just waiting for the moderators to get to it and it should be back up shortly. Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading.

DVH

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I couldnt get so far with the story, the obessive mention of cancer was overwhelming for an erotic story. All those details about cancer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous