All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 36'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

OMG! Melissa, you did it! The most wonderful story I have read in years. I have been with you since Mary drove into town and tried to rent the kiak from Alvin. And now, the most wonderful and fitting ending.

I will continue to read your stories and fantasies as you post them but there will never be another "Mary and Alvin." You have placed the bar very high here on Literotica. Thank you for the gift of sharing your amazing talent with us.

5 stars of course! Again!

Cheers!

SAGE

texquilltexquillover 3 years ago

Outstanding effort! Thanks for persevering - the entire epic deserves 5 stars.

SouthmeadSouthmeadover 3 years ago

A 67 year old cynical man who is in tears. Thank you Melissa.

Beautifully and so sensitively written that you have made me right my first ever comment on a literotica story and I have been reading them for many years. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ending we all wish for!

A couple of times I thought it had reached an end and was always pleased to see another chapter. This final chapter was exceptional. I am a male in my 70's that recently lost my wife to the big C and as I read this ending I had real tears as I joined with you in relating to such a well crafted tale. Thank you.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 3 years ago

Well, alright then, indeed . Cudos, Melissa :).

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you!!

I loved the journey! What a wonderful tale.

Just thank you for your wonderful story.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 3 years ago
Enjoyed Every Moment

Thanks Melissa, for writing and sharing this wonderful story. I’ll miss the Faulkner family, but I’m sure that what you have planned for future stories will be equally entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I cried through all 4 pages. Thank you so much for this story and the amazing characters. Please keep telling stories. You are an excellent writer.

dutchcan2dutchcan2over 3 years ago

I have followed this since the very beginning and it has been wonderful this storey has brought both joy and sadness to life the wonderful cast of characters with the range of personalities and all bring together stories of love and how true love can conquer all hardship brought on by real life

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm from germany and not an english native speaker, but if you want to read good storys on literotica you have to read the english site. And Alvin&Mary is one of the best storys i've ever read. Thank you for your wonderful story, i've read the whole story serveral times and every time there is a slime on my face when i read about Alvin&Mary's love. Your description of Maine is wonderful, so our next vacation next year - if possible because of corona - will be Boston and then we will visit Maine and perhaps i will try some dilly beans ;)

I really look forward to your next story.

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusover 3 years ago

Wow. Thank you again.

Will you ever return to more stories of any of the other members of the family?

I do hope so. My favourite character was and is Jennifer, so I hope that I will meet her again in one or another story.

Time to read her story again, especially the part when Alvin brings Danni home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

I have truly enjoyed this story.

Fantastic character development and interweaving of each character’s story.

A truly great love story with a sad but wonderful ending. We all could hope that these would be our final moments after finding a partner for a full lifetime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

a beautiful ending; I was in tears by the end of page 2; having lost my much younger husband to cancer in the past I can so identify with Mary. My family is my only reason for continuing to live without the love of my life.

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Thanks

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoover 3 years ago

I have rarely enjoyed a story more; as you have written the story of Mary, Alvin and their extended family, I feel that I have gotten to know all of them personally. Thank you for sharing their story with us.

2oothfairy2oothfairyover 3 years ago
Epic

I have loved every page, thank you for such a beautiful tale and such eloquent writing.

I’ve even started adding the word “wicked” in my own sentences!!

maninvicmaninvicover 3 years ago
Beginning to End!!!

I have read your story multiple times as I waited for the next chapter. I always dreaded this chapter as it meant the end. I thank you for this epic love story!! I look forward to reading your next great story!!

EmirusEmirusover 3 years ago
Emotion

You managed to create emotion with your words which is what was required in this chapter. Good job.

KiwijockKiwijockover 3 years ago
Pure pleasure

I enjoyed the trip. Mary and Alvin was a delightful series of stories well written. Thanks

KiwijockKiwijockover 3 years ago

I have followed this since the very beginning and waited each month for the next installment. The pictures you painted with words were the some of the best I have read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful writing

I am not calling it a story because you brought Mary and Alvin to life, my life. I have never felt so much emotion and depth in anything I have ever read. Thank you for sharing their lives and families with us. I can only imagine that the inspiration for this was not researched but born from your heart and the love shared with those around you.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

I am down here on the gulf coast of florida, by pensacola, waiting on this tropical storm and there must be something in the air because my eyes are watering really bad as i finish this final chapter of one of the best stories i have ever read, here on anywhere. Thank you for all your time, effort and artistry.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago
This story should have been a bestseller !!!!

After reading for 5 days, it was so hard to put down but i knew i had to go to bed. Best story ever on litrotic !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Melissa B thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lovely

Pageturner, oh how I cried at the end! Tx.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Thank you, Melissa, for a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wonderful epos, i wish it was available as eBook.

Wonder what will come next.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 3 years ago
I cried

This is the first of these that I read. I cried almost all the way through it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
where's the sex

Literotica has the word erotica in it,, wtf

if i want to feel moved i watch a movie or read entire book

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationover 3 years ago

Thank you for this incredible gift, this story of life. As I write it's a crisp fall day. I remember those days from living in the deep forests of New England, and the joy of the people there who stayed in that land, and loved each other no matter what. Thank you for your art; one small thing - that you let your fully realized characters inhabit dialect and idiom to reveal their own selves, and not, as the person in whose ear it sounds strange too often does, to create distance.

I look forward to your more.

ps - a short note to "where's the sex" anonymous - you may want to explore the difference between the sexual, and the erotic. If this final chapter does not feel in the most profound sense erotic to you, then it's possible you are blocking out the most profound and important part of the erotic experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

I read stories to my wife. This made her cry, which tends to make me cry.

We will be reading as many stories of yours as we can.

Thank you for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Moved from wasp's nest

I found your story after searching for xxx hentia stories. I wondered what they might be like and who writes them. I thought I wanted a steamy sorride tale of hot sex. But your tale of the enduring strength of love touched my soul, the way our love effects family and our connection to our world really was a reminder of the important things while we're here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A life well lived...

IMHO, the best a writer can do is to make their readers feel. I felt this story. Excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

Your writing brought back many memories to me and they were all good. People can feel how realistic everything felt. It was like you were painting a picture with words. Thank you for this gem.

dbrok1dbrok1over 3 years ago

Absolutely, absolutely brilliant!, I have filled up with emotion, laughed and cried.

Thank you so very much. I read an awful amount of books of all genre and I can honestly say I have enjoyed this wonderful tale as much as any of them,

Well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent read

I started to read this story for sex and I cried and laughed. I could not have been more stunned by the characters. When I read about Maine and then thinking about boats and then the love story between Alvin and Mary.

This story could have been my family. Although we are not from Maine we had a place in NH. My pops worked the boats in Boston as I did.

Excellent, absolutely excellent.

Rest easy Alvin and Mary "Fair winds and Following seas"

Life is a blessing

ChrissrChrissrover 3 years ago

I laughed, I cried. Damn good story. Thank You!

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Please write more...don't ever stop. You made this lonely old man cry. Amazing!

mabell3368mabell3368over 3 years ago

One of the best stories I've read in a long time. I laughed and cried and fell in love with each of the characters in turn. You have gift. Thank you for sharing it.

chairfanchairfanover 3 years ago

Very well written story, the characters feel so real and you did an amazing job bringing them to life!

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
ANOTHER REALLY GOOD STORY

EXCELLENT!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Best story ever, couldn’t put it down

Great Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I laughed (a lot), I cried (a lot), but most of all I was so INSPIRED! Bad times, good times, great times all mean so much more when there is such love in a family. I was able to connect with all the characters, like I have known someone like that in my life. It was so amazing to be able to make such an deep, emotional connection with your words. I couldn’t put it down! Thank you for sharing your gift of writing and I hope you continue to do more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I am old and recently lost my beloved wife of over 55 years, and this brought me some peace. Thank you again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Magnificent storytelling! Characters so alive, so human, so variable yet integral, so loving, so memorable! Multiple tour-de-force characterizations in Mary, Alvin, Charlotte, Jennifer, Danni, Hannah, & Bonita! Writing that is deeply felt, speaking to our souls!

caoimhin57caoimhin57over 2 years ago

Thank you very much for a wonderful story. It will be with me for many a season.

Not the kind of story you expect to find on this site, but I believe the erotic aspect added much to the story and didn't diminish it at all. As a desert rat it was wonderful to read about a place that clearly the author loved.

kevin

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story and characters. I laughed, I cried. I’d read about this family forever! Also, Maine IS a character in this series and I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess I’m one of the few that has read this series completely. It deserves to be read by more people. I thank the writer for her work. Well written and many touching moments. I wish you well in your real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories I have read on Literica since I started reading here about 3 years ago.

RamchipRamchipover 2 years ago

This series was a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am continually amazed by the GREAT authors that can transmit human feelings and emotions through words on a page. You, dear Melissa, have that gift in spades!!! I have been with you since the beginning of this saga, and I have savored every moment reading it. I am a 75 year old widower, and I felt many of the emotions strongly. In fact, so strongly that I must quote Charles Schultz's Charlie Brown: "Sometimes my emotions overflow my eyes and run down my cheeks." Indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a terrific story, very touching and very appropoe to what my life feels like. Thank you

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 2 years ago

Tonight was my second reading of this final chapter. I cried harder than I did following my first reading. I have read a number of stories that affected me to tears but no other quite as strongly. Simply said you are a gifted writer and story teller. Thank you Melissa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Melissa,

Simply put, this is the best story I have read on this site. In fact, it is one of the best stories I have ever read anywhere. Thank you for sharing. I hope you write many more.

R from California

KittyLover80KittyLover80almost 2 years ago

WOW. Terrific story and an exciting read. Great plot & characters. Thanks for developing this amazing story and plot. I hope you choose to continue with addition chapters with some of the other characters in this novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just read through for 3rd time.

Love it! It brings tears to my eyes in multiple places.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For the past three days, I have laughed, cried, and marveled at this as the story unveiled. Melissa, you are an awesome storyteller. Thank you for a wonderful three days. I would rate this as a 10 if the stars went that high!

dbrok1dbrok1about 1 year ago

I read continuously, a wide range of authors, my home is like a library.

However this is just about the best thing I have ever read.

Thank you so much!

ThebiffThebiff12 months ago

Well, what a story. Loved every instalment and each is due the 5 Stars given. I would love to hear more of the grandkids advenytures

WalkinBassWalkinBass8 months ago

Dear MelissaBaby, Thank you for this beautiful portrayal of Maine and a very special family. You've given me a similar sense of time and place as I have for the ultimate Flat Landers in Wilder's 'Little House on the Prairie'. I also have an as yet unfulfilled craving for a good doughnut😋

I often found myself wondering about your age as it seemed some of the details of aging shouldn't have come just from your imagination, so congratulations also to the people who've helped you create this important work.

DanabooksDanabooks8 months ago

Amazingly hard to balance my feelings... every chapter was I hope there's more or when will it end. Never wanting for it to end... I can't add anymore than was said by others, except to say amazing.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat8 months ago

What a lovely story. Thank you Melissa, from the bottom of my heart.

Runner4069Runner40697 months ago

So many tears, so many. Thanks for sharing this wonderful, beautiful, and moving story. It was an amazing journey and thank you again for sharing it with us

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Absolutely beautiful story telling,wonderful character building,you are a gifted writer.Thanks for the journey,I loved it

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A genuine tear jerker that was absolutely worth reading. Loved the emotion and kindness of the people in your story. A jew, muslim as well as people from all walks of came together for this story. Maybe that's what heaven will be like. who knows

EVLoverEVLover5 months ago

Well, alright then…66 comments and counting! That more like the number this marvelous opus deserves than the typical 5-10 written at the end of each chapter.

I visited the great state of Maine about 40 years ago with my wife and then 4 year old daughter. We were chasing the Fall colors. Based on this series, I have added another trip to Maine to my bucket list.

Thank you, Melissa, for sharing your wonderful storytelling skills featuring the joys and sorrows of life…with a lot of love thrown into the mix. I look forward to enjoying more of your gifts in the future.

Richard1940Richard19404 months ago

I have just binge-read this magnificent opus. It deserves a much wider readership than just Literotica readers. Thank you very much, 5* all the way through

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Beautiful, gentle story. It fulfilled the promise I heard whispered in the first chapter, that no bad things would happen.

What a privilege it was to participate in the rich detail and emotion of life in Maine.

I loved it, and I hope that you, Melissa. Had other children, thatthe mother of a ghost wasn't the end.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Crying so much that my cat has come over to console me.

xxx

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A wonderful story with such rich characters with lives full of adventure, love, and relationships. Such a joy to witness the positive impact a few people can have on so many others. Thank you Melissa for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have pretty much bing read this for the last three days. I think I would like to meet your family. The people who raised someone capable of writing this must be fascinating.

69 year old widower with tears in his eyes. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the story. Ditto on all the other positive comments. My comment is about the location. For the last 10 years, my wife and I have spent May - October in Trenton as full time RV'ers. Close to the bridge to MDI. We traveled extensively in the area around Penobscot Bay. I also fly out of BHB and the views from aloft are amazing and have taken friends and family on tours around all the places you mention in the story. I am also curious about where the Faulkner homestead is. Based on your descriotionn of their travels, I think it is on the W side of the bay and south of Belfast but North of Rockland. Maybe Northport?

MelissaBabyMelissaBaby3 months agoAuthor

Responding to the question about location- In 1770, sixteen Scots-Irish families settled a large parcel they had purchased on Upper Penobscot Bay. Legend has it that they flipped a coin to determine what to name their new town. In some realities Belfast won the toss, in others, Londonderry.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Wish I could be part of this family -- so much love>

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories