Maskara

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Everything in my life was fine before this damn ring!"

She grabbed her nose ring and considered tearing it out of her septum right then and there. It was then that a big chill ran up her spine and an overwhelming sense of fear gripped her.

An ominous voice spoke from within her.

"Without me, you are nothing. But together, we are more powerful than anyone. Do you really want to go back to the way things were?"

"No." Kara spoke out to no one.

Kara, calmer than ever now, coldly wiped the water from her face, grabbed her purse and left the bathroom.

***

Just as Kara left the bathroom, she was ambushed by Janet.

"Kara! You got it! Where were you? They just named you as the new VP!" Janet hurriedly and excitedly grabbed Kara and dragged her back to the party.

Despite Janet's celebrations, the scene was quite somber. The paramedics had arrived and injected Ed with some drugs, but were strapping him on a gurney to take him to the hospital just incase. He wasn't going to die, at least. Twenty minutes ago this would have caused Kara great relief, but now- she couldn't care less. Fuck Ed and his kids.

***

Leaving the party, Kara opened the door to her truck and grabbed her leather jacket. She took off her blazer, untucked her shirt and put the jacket on. She then unhooked her bra and threw it on the ground. I don't give a shit if someone sees a nipple. She thought.

She walked back inside and ate some of the fine food, not wanting it to go to waste and then talked to her employees. She was going to be nice now, but in the future she planned on making it abundantly clear that if anyone wanted a raise- they'd need to sleep with her first. She reckoned Todd was already in for raise then.

After she got her fill, including the absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS German chocolate cake that Tiffany bought (too bad it cost her her job most likely) she made her way for the exit once again.

She got up on the lower rung and then hopped into her truck. She then changed the cassette in her Chevy to Tool. She grabbed her sunglasses from the mirror and then drove off into the sunset.

*"I know you well, you are a part of me

I know you better than I know myself

I know you best, better than anyone

I know you better than I know myself

You are a part of me"*

Kara was jammin'.

*"You don't speak

You don't judge

You can't leave, you

Can't hurt me

Just here for

Me to use"*

Everyone wears a mask. Everyone is a liar. Some masks are simply more powerful than others. But when that mask begins to crumble, what's left is your true face.