Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My clothes disappeared quite quickly as she moved us back to the bed where she kissed down my body before sitting on the edge, taking my cock in her mouth, causing my head to roll back as I groaned. Looking down, she looked up into my eyes as my cock disappeared into her mouth, her head moving back and forth. Running a hand around the back of her head, I had to stop myself really losing myself in the moment, allowing her to maintain most of the control.

"Holy shit," I muttered.

"Where would you like to cum, Shepard?"

"Oh, anywhere. I really don't care."

"Very well. Because you did me such a favour, I will swallow what you give me. I hope you will be ready to perform again soon."

"Trust me, that won't be a problem at all."

She took what I gave her a few minutes later. I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven, my knees going weak, feeling rather lightheaded. She kept right on blowing me though, even after I was empty, until I finally rested a hand on her shoulder to keep me upright. Only then did she release me, looking up with a smile. I turned and sat next to her before lying back on the bed. "Jesus Christ, that was... I'm not sure what to say..."

She lay next to me, hearing her giggle, an unexpected sound to be honest. "Let's just say I've had some practice."

"Want the favour returned?"

"While it would fill me with joy, Shepard, I would prefer something else. I will give you a few minutes to recover though."

Shuffling back, we lay together on her bed, looking around her room. It wasn't bare, artwork lining the walls, and there was a fireplace, obviously fake. Her bed was rather simple though the sheets we were laying on felt expensive. She lay on her side, running her hand up and down my chest. It felt surprisingly intimate considering.

"Shepard, I wish to ask a favour of you."

"Another one? Sure, why not..."

"When we make love in a few minutes, I wish to meld with you. To an asari, it is the most intimate act we can share with a partner. Usually it is to produce offspring. I am in my matron stage, so I cannot. But I feel a connection with you and wish to... know you better. Have you ever melded before?"

"No. I've been with asari but it's only ever been, you know, physical."

She lifted herself up, looking down into my eyes. "Will you meld with me tonight?"

"Why?" I had to ask.

She rested her hand on my chest, above my heart. "I feel something in you that... It is something I rarely if ever do with clients. But you, Shepard, you... intrigue me. I wish to... know you better."

"Will it hurt?"

That made her giggle again. "No, Shepard. You will simply know me as well as I will know you." She moved, eventually straddling my groin, lifting herself up and sliding down my cock, hearing her moan lightly as I couldn't help groan. Leaning forward to gently kiss me, she looked into my eyes. "Open your mind, Shepard. Let me know who you really are." Then she closed her eyes before they opened again. "Embrace eternity."

I'm not sure what happened over the next few minutes, at least physically. I'm sure we were fucking, making love, whatever you want to call it. But I could feel Sha'ira... in my mind. That's the easiest way to describe it. And while she was doing that, she spoke to me.

Free your mind, Shepard. Let me see who you really are.

So I did. She would have learned nearly everything about me. From the orphanage to the streets.

You believe you are alone. Yet you will always protect those weaker than yourself.

The strong must protect the weak. I simply did what I believe was right.

I felt her press further into my memories, into my training at boot camp and the marines.

You are strong, Shepard, both physically and mentally. I believe you found the training... not easy but certainly easier than many of your companions.

Anderson always said I was a born soldier. Many must be trained. To me, it felt... natural. Almost like a calling that I nearly missed.

She pressed further on, into Elysium. And that's when I blocked her.

You saved the colony, Shepard. You were a hero. Yet, I sense...

No...

I sense... heartache... pain... loss...

No...

She broke the meld, hearing her moan as she slowed down. "Shepard," she whispered.

"I can't talk about it. I can't think about it," I replied quietly.

I could sense she was upset, resting her forehead against mine. "You have a strength inside you that covers... something deeper, Shepard..."

She kissed me, and there was something in that kiss which suggested, I'm not sure. Running my hands down her back to rest on her arse, I started to thrust up into her, making her gasp as she didn't move her head away from mine, now just staring into each other's eyes. "Shepard," she whispered.

I made her cum hard, which pleased me, feeling her squeeze my cock as she didn't slow down nor think of stopping. Feeling her shake and shudder, I continued to thrust up into her, making her squeal as I could feel the oncoming orgasm myself. She continued to gaze into my eyes as I was now really pumping into her.

"Cum in me," she whispered.

"Oh god," I moaned, grabbing her arse tightly as I could feel the oncoming orgasm. It was going to be a good one.

"Shepard," she breathed one last time before I felt myself erupt inside her, groaning loudly enough that I'm sure they heard me across the Citadel. Then I relaxed as I felt her rest against my chest, my hand immediately starting to caress her back despite the fact I suddenly felt rather tired.

We lay together in silence for a while before she moved so we could clean up. I was about ready to just get dressed to leave, sitting on the edge of the bed, when I felt her breasts press into my back, her arms loop around me. "Stay," she whispered.

"What?"

"Stay with me tonight, Shepard."

"Are you sure?"

"I want your company, just for tonight. We don't have to do anything else, I would just like you to stay."

So I stayed with her, heading to her shower where it was... well, it was surprisingly intimate, really getting to know her body. And the fact she wanted to kiss me continuously, it was something I wasn't really used to. Drying each other off afterwards, she had a funny look in her eyes. It wasn't romantic, it was... I'm not entirely sure.

Heading back to her bedroom, she certainly took the lead by spooning into me, making sure I held her close to me as she turned off the lights. It was only in the darkness that she finally asked, "Who was she?"

I knew she was going to ask eventually. And I figured being honest wouldn't hurt. "She was the first one I ever loved," I confessed.

"The depth of feeling, Shepard... It is something I rarely feel when melding..." I didn't know what to say. "The overriding emotion I felt was guilt, Shepard."

"It's my fault."

She turned around and I felt her hand caress my cheek. "It was not, Shepard. You are a man of undoubted courage and bravery, someone feted to do great things. Her loss is not the fault of yourself. It is the fault of those who chose to attack that day."

"Maybe if she..." I trailed off and sighed.

I felt her hand trail down my body, resting on my chest again. "I have a gift of my own, Shepard. I can read people. You have had a hard life. You have done things you regret, that make you believe you are not worthy of where you are now. Yet you have done many good, if not great things already. You have earned the position you now hold through your talents, your intelligence, your determination and bravery. And you still have many trials and tribulations to face, which I know you will overcome. In the end, you will be triumphant."

"Quite the gift if you know all that."

I felt her lips on mine, a soft kiss that seemed to speak volumes. "I meet many people in my line of work, Shepard. I have met few like you." I felt her shuffle before she pulled me on top of her, hand again caressing my cheek. "Be gentle," she whispered as I slid inside her again.

She didn't ask to meld this time and I opened my mind completely. She would now know absolutely everything about me. From my earliest memory, my time on the streets, my training as a marine, my time with Annie... Everything. I think I owed her that much, at least.

At the same time, I learned about her and... I felt she was alone as I felt at times. Maybe that's why we felt a connection. Two lonely souls that just seemed to find each other. It wasn't anything like love, certainly lust though.

Breaking the mould, the kissing we shared was certainly passionate, feeling her legs wrapped around me as I was now really driving my cock into her. "Goddess, Shepard," she whispered. I just kissed her again, hearing and feeling her whimper into my mouth.

I lasted quite a while before I felt the urge, but now resting my forehead against hers. In the darkness, I could see her eyes watching mine. We didn't really share many words. What did surprise me was her orgasm, feeling her clench as I continued to drive my cock into her, biting my shoulder to stifle her moans. I would have chuckled if I wasn't so intent on enjoying my own orgasm, her fingers by now digging into my back, legs wrapped tightly.

"Fuck," I groaned, feeling another orgasm approached.

"You must visit again," she managed to whisper as I was now really driving into her.

"Absolutely," I grunted.

We kissed again as I finally felt the bliss of release, burying myself one last time before I felt the need to rest on my forearms above her. She simply held me to her body, arms and legs wrapped around me, feeling her soft kisses on my cheek and forehead. "Thank you," she whispered.

"For what?"

"For allowing me to see you. All of you."

We needed to clean up again before we finally settled down, Sha'ira once again spooned against me. This time, we definitely needed to go to sleep, and I'll admit, I slept rather well that night. First time in a while I went to bed with someone in my arms. Actually, first time since... Annie... Yes, it had been a very long time.

The next morning, I thought it would be awkward, but it surprisingly wasn't. I thought I'd just get dressed and leave, but she made a quick call to her girls, and we had breakfast delivered. The human girl who delivered it met my eyes and smiled as I sat with Sha'ira at the table, and we managed to make conversation as we ate. While part of me would have liked to stay, I knew she had clients to see, though she did escort me to the entrance to her residence. She gave me a hug and wished me luck for the future. "I would like to see you again, Shepard," she said.

"You would?" I asked in surprise.

The fact she nearly blushed definitely surprised me. "You are the first man in a long time who I have connected with in such a way. In my line of work, such an event is rare indeed. If you would like to..."

"Definitely."

"I will tell Nelyna to make sure you will always be welcome." She leaned forward to whisper into my ear, "Helping me with Septimus... You have certainly earned my favour, Shepard." Then she kissed my cheek, met my eyes and smiled, before she turned and walked away, ensuring she put a sway into her hips. I watched until she disappeared around the corner.

"She likes you," Nelyna stated.

"Huh?"

"She likes you, Shepard. Very rarely does anyone spend the night. And she's pretty much just said you can come and go as you wish. So... She likes you."

"But... really?"

Nelyna giggled. "Don't fall in love with her, as that will only end in heartbreak for yourself. But if you wish for intimacy with no strings attached, Sha'ira would be perfect for you. As I said, she clearly likes you."

"Let's just see what happens first."

"All you need do is speak to me first, Shepard. I'm sure she'll make time for you in her schedule regardless."

I certainly had a spring in my step as I left, heading straight for the Normandy. Not finding any of them on the ship, I sent a message to Alenko, he replying quickly that they were on the Presidium. I found everyone at a coffee ship, and the first question I received was from Ash, wondering where I was the night just gone.

"With Sha'ira," I replied.

"The Consort?" Alenko asked, quite surprised.

"Yeah. Wrex, Garrus and I went last night."

"So that's where you disappeared to!" Wrex exclaimed, "I finished with my girls and headed out, finding Garrus tripping over his tongue with the poor girl who was trying to bed him."

"I'm just not used to that sort of thing," Garrus retorted, although the poor turian was obviously embarrassed.

I moved the conversation on quickly to what would be happening next. None of those around the table had heard anything, so we decided to head to the embassies for any news from Udina. He told us to be ready to board the Normandy the next day, but when I looked at Anderson, he looked... unhappy. I tried to speak to him, but he told me that we would receive orders the next day and that, for now, we should just enjoy some rest and relaxation.

So we decided to head to one of the Wards, Garrus leading the way as he knew the Citadel better than any of us. Knowing we did have to depart soon, we were sensible that day and evening, all of us slowly getting to know one another. Wrex had a large personality and told everyone what he thought. Garrus was awkward but seemed to have his heart in the right place. Tali was shy and a little overawed by everything, though definitely had an inner-confidence that appeared from time to time. Alenko was a quiet and thoughtful chap, only sharing his opinion when pushed. Ashley, I believe, was still grieving all the losses on Eden Prime, and it was hard bringing her out of her shell.

We met Udina and Anderson by the Normandy the next morning and that's when we received the bombshell. Anderson would no longer be the Commanding Officer. Instead, the ship would be given to me as I was now a Spectre and needed all the tools required to hunt down Saren. I was put out just as much as Anderson, now understanding why he looked unhappy, but once Udina left having given the bad news, he explained that he accepted the decision.

"Doesn't seem fair, sir. You've waited a long time for this role."

"That is true, Shepard, but what you're about to do is far more important. I'm sure the Alliance will find something else for me to do. Hope I'm not stuck behind a desk though."

"Well, if I'm in charge, who would be my XO?"

"You have a few options. My best suggestion with be Pressly. He has years of experience and is ready for such a role. Your other option could be Alenko. He's a good man, and I know has been earmarked as a potential XO after his time on the Normandy. In the end, it's your decision."

Anderson told me I did have a bit of paperwork to fill in back at the office before I left, so that left me with everyone else. Looking at Wrex, Garrus and Tali, I asked, "So... What do you guys want to do? Considering I'm not a Spectre and this is my vessel, I mean, you guys have already helped so far."

"Would you like us to join you?" Garrus asked.

"Yes, the assistance provided by the three of you has been invaluable. And I'm not one to turn down help when offered."

"I'm in. I was getting tired of C-Sec anyway. Far too much red tape. I think there are problems with the Spectres but I sense you'll be a good one, Shepard," Garrus stated.

Looking at Wrex, the giant krogan just shrugged. "Nothing better to do, Shepard. Might as well be flown around the galaxy, hopefully fighting big fucking monsters sometimes."

Finally, Tali, who I didn't think would want to hang around with her Pilgrimage, so I did mention that to her. "The Pilgrimage proves we are willing to give of ourselves for the greater good. What does it say about me if I turn my back on this? Saren is a danger to the entire galaxy. My Pilgrimage can wait."

I couldn't help grin, suggesting the three prepare to leave the Citadel. Wrex and Tali didn't have anything, so they boarded the ship immediately. Garrus joined me as we headed back to the Presidium, though he disappeared off to the Wards, where he did have a small apartment. He would return to the Normandy before I was done, or more than likely anyway.

Anderson had me fill in some forms, which basically turned the Normandy from an Alliance vessel into a Council vessel, though it was designated as being operated by a Spectre. In effect, it was mine alone. I still felt bad for the man, but he waved away my concerns, stating that finding Saren was what mattered in the end.

In regards to trying to find Saren, the Council had fed us information and, basically, no-one had a clue where he was. But I was given a few leads. One was on Therum, where the daughter of Matriarch Benezia, an archaeologist by the name of Liara T'Soni, was apparently working. They suggested tapping her up for information. Other than that, it was suggested I search for information on two planets, Noveria and Feros. I may find leads to Saren on either or both planets.

We shook hands before I left, wishing me luck for the future, and that he would always be available for advice if I needed it. "Not that I think you will, but you never know," he stated.

On my way back to the Normandy, I was stopped by an Alliance Admiral just outside C-Sec Academy. I knew the man well, immediately coming to attention and saluting, before offering my hand. "Admiral Kahoku, it's been a long time."

"That it has, Shepard. Word about your elevation to Spectre status has spread like wildfire. Congratulations are in order."

"Thank you, sir."

"While I would like to say I've tracked you down for a friendly chat, unfortunately I must speak business straight away." Gesturing to a nearby bench, we sat down before he continued. "I've been trying to gain an audience with the Council, but they have not yet granted me one. Not sure they will. So I thought I'd come to you and ask for your help."

"What with?"

"A group of my men, marines, have gone missing in the Artemis Tau cluster. Their task was to locate and possibly retrieve a ship belonging to a freelance researcher named Armistan Banes. He's disappeared as well, but to be honest, the most important thing is finding my men. Attempts to contact them have revealed nothing so far."

"Which planet in Artemis Tau?"

"That I'm not sure of."

"I have other assignments, but if I find myself heading in that direction, I will see what I can find out, Admiral."

"That's all I can ask, Shepard. Thank you."

Rising to our feet, we shook hands before he headed off towards the Presidium. Heading onto the docks, the Normandy was sitting there, rather silent. I could help lean against the railing and just look at her for a moment. I almost had to pinch myself. Years of hard work had paid off. I was now the Commanding Officer of an Alliance vessel. So far removed from my time on the streets, it simply didn't seem believable. If you wrote a script for a movie, they'd throw it out as being far too unrealistic.

Boarding my ship, Joker was in position, ready to move us out of dock and towards our first objective. Before doing that, I suggested I give a sort rallying speech to the crew. They would have been informed of the change in leadership. I felt I had to prove worthy of the promotion.

"Sucks about Anderson, Commander," he stated as I heard the clamps disengage and the docking arm move away, "I'd watch your back. This thing goes tits up, it's your head on the chopping block."

"This is still his ship. We're just... borrowing it for a while."

"No matter what, we're behind you all the way, Commander."