Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 29

Story Info
A Mass Effect trilogy novelisation.
12.9k words
4.73
5k
8

Part 29 of the 69 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Book 2, Chapter 10 -- The Matriarch

*****

Liara hadn't been as full of information regarding the Justicar as she had about Thane. But that just meant we had to make do with what we had, though she did have some suggestions. "She is asari, so she'll be biotic. And Justicars live by different rules to anyone else, Shepard. They live by a strict code. Black and white. Right and wrong. There is no grey area to a Justicar, Shepard."

"She might be the perfect recruit then."

"She will no doubt be willing to work alongside yourself, Shepard. Some of your allies might not be as appealing."

"Are we talking Cerberus or also others?"

"Both, Shepard. I'm sure she will let you explain the Cerberus connection. But someone like Zaeed? Well, that could prove awkward."

"Do you know about him?"

"I've researched everyone I can who I know is part of your ship, Shepard. I simply want to make sure..."

"I appreciate it, Liara. Don't worry."

She gestured for me to join her, rounding her desk as she showed me a map of the area. Leaning down, I inhaled the scent of her perfume. "The warehouse area is teeming with Eclipse mercenaries, Shepard. I know you've already dealt with them at Dantius Towers, but word would have reached the entire organisation that you're here, and they'll be wanting blood."

"Well, all the more reason to locate a Justicar then."

"You can catch a cab and land there. From that position, your only option is walking. Eclipse will have constant patrols, and they will control the area. You will be entering a heavily defended area, and they will certainly not take kindly to your arrival."

"Well, I'd hate to disappoint them by not showing up now."

That made her laugh. "I'm sure I'll read all about it on the news tomorrow."

I kissed her cheek, and when she turned her face, I paused a moment before she leaned forward, the kiss immediately deep and meaningful, feeling her breath out her nose as she managed to stand up out of her chair, sliding in between me and the desk as she sat up on her desk. I remembered the rather innocent Liara letting me take the lead. She was certainly wanting to take control right now but then she stopped suddenly. "Not now, Shepard. You need to go soon."

"Sorry. Your perfume, and then... well, you... and..."

"Are you with Gianna tonight?"

"No, we spent all day yesterday together. It was... the perfect ending. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be here, but she asked I just keep in contact."

"Come to my apartment tonight, Shepard." I raised my eyebrows as she added, "For dinner. And then for sex." I couldn't help chuckle. "I might as well be blunt, Shepard. I haven't had sex since you died."

"Really?"

She nodded. "I didn't want to commit to anyone as I was confident Cerberus would bring you back. And I've been far too busy to worry about personal relationships anyway. My fingers or vibrators do the job if I'm horny."

"Okay, I'll join you tonight, Liara. You'll have my undivided attention until tomorrow morning."

"Good, because I'm going to be blunt again, Shepard. I really need you to fuck me."

"Done." I paused before adding, "I like this new Liara. Knows what she wants and will just simply get it."

"I just remember what it was like, Shepard. Some of the things we got up to. Goddess, we had such fun together, and with some of the others. I know it's a little different now, but that means I just get you alone now, and I'm not going to waste the opportunity."

I leaned forward and kissed her hard, her arms immediately wrapping around me. I lifted her up, legs immediately wrapping me too as I carried her across to the nearby couch. I continued to make out with her as my hands went underneath her dress, looking for her panties. She broke the kiss. "Shepard," she breathed.

"Will anyone walk in?"

"No."

"Then fuck it. You're getting fucked right now."

A smile lit up her face as her hands immediately went to my jeans, undoing the belt the lowering the fly as I dragged off her panties, lifting her dress to reveal her bald, blue pussy. I lowered my mouth to taste her first, earning a moan as I lapped at her, just to tease her, enjoying it immediately as I was reminded of all the times we'd been together on the old Normandy. Then I stopped and lifted myself up, gently sliding my cock inside her.

It was nothing but a hard, fast fuck, Liara digging her fingers into my shirt as she spread her legs nice and wide. "Goddess, just fuck me, Shepard."

I didn't reply, just focusing on lasting as long as possible. "Well, one thing I know straight away is that you're as tight as I remember, Liara."

"My pussy has only ever had your cock in it, Shepard. It was made just for you."

I kissed her hard for that as I upped my tempo further. I didn't know if I'd get Liara off in such a manner. The look on her face suggested she was just enjoying being fucked by me again. Gently grabbing the back of her neck, I kissed her hard again as I really started to pound her, the sound of my cock thrusting into her over and over again the only sound apart from her moans and my grunting.

Then I noticed her eyes darken and I knew what she wanted to do. I closed my eyes and simply waited for the meld. I felt her search my mind, discovering what had happened to me since I'd woken up. I hid nothing as I had nothing to hide. She saw my opinions of certain people. She definitely saw who I'd been intimate with.

And she saw my relationship with Gianna. That made her gently break the meld.

The fact she was smiling almost caused me to stop completely. "You finally told her?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Good. Time to stop denying those feelings you have for all these women you like to be with. But only admit it when you feel ready and certain." She kissed me softly on the cheek as I knew those words were aimed at me in regards to her as well. "You've stopped, Shepard. I need you to cum in me then I really need to get back to work."

She got what she wanted a couple of minutes later, burying myself before I came hard. As I recovered, we continued to make out before I needed to pull out. All she did was roll her dress down and hand me her panties. "Keep them, Shepard. I don't mind the idea of your cum trickling down my legs while I sit in rather dull meetings."

"Okay, I am really liking the new Liara."

She put a finger underneath my chin. "Just wait until tonight then, Shepard."

"Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to it now."

Once I'd cleaned myself up and was ready to go, she escorted me to her office door, sharing a last kiss, before I wandered out. Nyxeris gave me a look, and I had a feeling a lot of people were aware of what we'd just done. I simply smiled at her and wished her good afternoon. Back on the Normandy, I gathered the team I'd originally selected. Garrus, of course. Miranda and Jack, due to the biotics, and Grunt, because I didn't mind having another shotgun wielding lunatic alongside me. I was tempted to take more, but if we were in the tight confines of a warehouse, I figured any more would cause confusion in our own ranks.

"Catching up with Liara?" Garrus asked after I'd thrown on armour, grabbed my weapons, now heading back off the ship.

"Yep."

"Shepard, it's obvious what you were up to. You have this... aura about you after you'd done the deed."

Jack chuckled behind me. "Fucking hell, Shepard, who haven't you fucked yet?"

"Miranda," I replied immediately, making sure I looked at her when I did. The fact she looked away but seemed to almost blush wasn't the reaction I expected. "And most of the regular crew as well. Chakwas. Kasumi. So there are a few people I haven't, Jack."

"I'm still waiting for you to come downstairs again, throw me around a little then just pound my tight little arse."

Garrus was gone after that. He had to stop walking due to his laughter, leaning against a nearby wall. Grunt I think understood but didn't at the same time. Miranda looked like she wanted a hole in the ground to just swallow her hole. Jack? She just looked smug. "It's still on my to do list, Jack," I retorted.

"But you fucked that asari?"

"We've known each other a long time," I replied as we moved on, "She was by my side on the old Normandy."

"Fuck her then too?"

"If you really want to know, I had Ashley, who you met on Horizon, Liara, her mother, Benezia, Tali and also Shiala. And that's just the women on the ship. I had others here and there."

That's when Jack turned to Miranda. "You know all about this, cheerleader?"

Miranda looked ready to say something else, but eventually she just said, "Yes, it was all in his file."

"I have to ask. Is your cock the same as it was before, Shepard?"

I chuckled but nodded too. "Yes, I look in the mirror naked and everything is the same, Jack."

"Well, no wonder they all wanted to fuck you then. Nothing like a good, deep dicking to make people co-operative."

"Hang on, does that explain you, Jack?" Garrus wondered.

She shrugged. "A little bit. I play ball with him, I get a good hard fuck occasionally. What, you think I'm into romance and shit? Fuck off, bird brain. Sex is a means of release. He cums, I cum, we're both happy, then he can fuck off and do what he wants otherwise. If he wants to get a little rough, even better."

"So you treat sex as a combat sport?" Miranda wondered.

"It's not as fun if you don't end up with at least a couple of bruises."

Conversation ceased as we caught a couple of cabs in the direction of where Liara had told me to go. We landed at a spaceport, noticing a line of freighters in the middle of being loaded. Stepping out of the cab, there was a small group of people around, including a couple of asari that seemed to be in charge, and also a volus, who appeared to be under question. Approaching the asari, one of them raised a hand. "Sorry, this is a crime scene."

"What happened?"

"Someone was murdered. I can't tell you too much else."

"I'm here to find someone. A Justicar by the name of Samara."

Her eyes narrowed, immediately suspicious. "What would a human want with a Justicar?"

I pointed at myself. "My name's Shepard. Council Spectre. I'm looking for Samara as I am recruiting for an important mission."

She thumbed behind her. "Then I can only suggest you go speak with my superior, Detective Anaya. Only she can give you access to the crime scene. Before you ask, Samara is already back there, but you're not a Justicar. And we don't particularly appreciate Spectres sticking their nose in around here. This isn't Council Space."

"Not here to ruffle feathers. I'll go talk to Anaya." I glanced back. "You guys wait here, I'll be back shortly."

"Try not to trip and slip your dick in her too, Shepard," Jack joked.

I chuckled to myself as I walked towards the door leading into a small office. There were only a couple of asari around, and when I asked for the detective, she looked in my direction and waved me over. She looked me up and down, noticing the armour and weapons. "Hmmm. Don't get many humans in these parts. You... Alliance?"

"Spectre."

"Well, there's only one human Spectre and he's dead."

"Don't take notice of the news? I'm back from the dead." I offered my hand. "Shepard, looking for Justicar Samara."

She took the hand briefly before asking, "Why are looking for her?"

"Important mission and I'm busy recruiting. Her name came highly recommended."

"You know what, you take her off my hands, I think you'll make all our lives a little easier. She's currently investigating the murder that recently took place here. You have my permission to access the crime scene."

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me yet. The place is crawling with Eclipse mercenaries."

"I'm not worried about them. Already killed plenty."

She put two and two together, quickly laughing to herself. "Dantius Towers?"

"Bingo."

"Goddess, they're still clearing the bodies out of there. What the hell was that all about?"

"I was recruiting."

"You have an interesting recruitment process, Shepard. Anyway, head on back and watch your back at the same time. Eclipse mercenaries are unscrupulous bitches. Trying to keep a lid on their activities is impossible. If they're wearing yellow, you're best just shooting them."

"I had the same philosophy at the towers."

I was just about ready to leave when she added one more thing. "Just so you know, Shepard. My superiors have ordered me to detain the Justicar. They may operate with impunity in asari space, but life here is a little different. But if I detain her, she has her code and... well, if we hold her too long, she'll kill us too." I definitely raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Their code cannot be broken, Shepard. It's deadly serious."

"Right, I'll work quickly."

After gathering the others, we headed into the narrow paths in between the mountains of crates and boxes that towered above us. We were all armed and ready, waiting for the Eclipse to show their faces. When we finally ran into the first small group, I grinned and charged, colliding with one asari, immediately blasting with my shotgun, dead before she hit the ground. I then stepped into cover as fire rained down where I had been standing. Jack came running up and released a shockwave.

With so little room for manoeuvre, we had to be careful not to shoot each other, never mind being shot by the enemy. I was confident Garrus had found elevation, hearing his rifle crack every few seconds. I charged when I could, but I eventually took the rifle from my back and used that instead, leaving Jack and Miranda to link up. As for Grunt, I think he got a little frustrated by the tight confines, but he was a bullet sponge at least, nearly all fire being directed towards him.

Gunfire eventually ceased and we stepped out to see a pile of dead mercenaries. Most were asari but there was the occasional salarian, though when I found a human, I couldn't hide my surprise at all. "I thought they were asari only?"

"I don't know that much about them, but they have started recruiting humans recently," Miranda replied, "The salarians have been part of the ranks for centuries due to their tech knowledge."

"Well, learn something new every day."

There were no other welcoming parties, eventually crossing another line of police tape and passing into another area. An asari mercenary went flying towards us, landing with a sickening crunch that suggested she was already dead. I checked to see a trickle of blood drip down her head from the wound. Looking up, I noticed another Eclipse mercenary on her arse, scrambling backwards as a tall, elegant asari matriarch, dressed in red armour, slowly closed on her like a predator. I gestured everyone lower their weapon as the pair shared words, neither aware of our presence.

When the Eclipse mercenary raised a hidden weapon, the other asari summoned her biotics and casually threw the mercenary across the room. "Fucking hell," I muttered.

"Well, I like her already. That sort of power as an ally," Jack added.

We approached cautiously as the asari closed on her now frightened quarry. No idea what words they shared, but I noticed the foot go to the throat, and with a twist, we didn't miss the sound of a snapped neck. "Okay, I like her," Jack said.

The asari then turned towards us, casually taking in our number, the fact most of us were armoured, carrying weapons, though we were clearly not there to cause trouble. Yet.

"My name is Samara, a servant of the Justicar Code. My quarrel is with these Eclipse sisters, but I see five well-armed people before me. Are we friend or foe?"

I stored my weapon. "Oh, we are definitely friends, Justicar," I stated, "Why are you here though?"

"These mercenaries have information in regards to a person I am tracking. Unfortunately, they have proven unwilling to assist me with my enquiries so far."

"Do you often execute people like that?" Miranda asked. I guess she was a little put off by it.

"I answer to a code that is clearly defined. If my actions are true to that code, then I am just. If they are not, then I am unjust."

"Wish my life was that easy sometimes," I muttered.

"Anyone who wants to wipe out mercenaries is okay with me," Garrus added.

"You know my name. Who are you?" Samara asked.

"Shepard."

"Ah, yes, Commander Shepard. Word of your return has reached my ears. It pleases me to know you are well." I raised eyebrows at that. "No matter what the ships were that attacked the Citadel, it was thanks to your actions that we are once again at peace."

"Not quite, which is why I'm here. Ever heard of the Collectors?"

"I have heard rumours of them on my travels."

"They're attacking human colonies, taking everyone. I'm putting together a team to stop them. You come highly recommended."

"I am humbled that you would approach me, Shepard. But I seek an incredibly dangerous fugitive."

"No problem. We can help with that before leaving Illium."

A momentary grin appeared, a brief nod of the head in thanks. "I have tracked this fugitive for many years. I finally had her, right here. But then these Eclipse sisters smuggled her off-world. I need to find the name of the ship she left on before her trail goes cold once again."

Before I could offer help and suggestions, our conversation was interrupted by the detective I had spoken to earlier, I guess confident enough to approach now that most of the mercenaries were dead. "I wish you were willing to just leave with the human, Justicar. I've been ordered to take you into custody if you won't leave the area."

"That won't be a problem, detective. Shepard has already offered his services." She turned to look at me, keeping up a friendly appearance for now. "Shepard, while I assist the detective, can you find the name of the ship for me?"

"Sure. Any leads?"

"Speak to a volus named Pitne For. He will guide the way."

We spoke to the volus, who was surprisingly helpful, as he seemed to be caught up in trouble of his own, so probably figured helping us helped himself at the same time. He also had some more warnings about the Eclipse, that I kept in the back of my mind. The last thing the volus gave us was a pass card that would allow entry into what was basically the Eclipse base, so I knew we were going to face another army of them.

"Want to call in some others?" Miranda asked.

"No. There's you and Jack with biotics, Grunt and I as the tanks, and Garrus taking the head off anyone dumb enough to get in his sights. I think we'll be right."

Heading out, what we realised straight after passing through the entryway of their base was that, this time, Eclipse knew we were coming and they had prepared for our arrival. I didn't expect the number of mechs were first encountered, simple VI machines that we managed to take down rather easily. I'm fairly sure Miranda even managed to hack a couple, turning them from enemies into allies, watching as they simply turned and fired at other mechs, those mechs being fired at to turn at other mechs. We could actually just stand and watch before moving on.

The Eclipse had dug in, and we remained cautious entering any corridor or open room, always searching for cover before I'd burst forward with another biotic charge. Their numbers were few to start with, but we still had to work had to get them out of cover then riddle them with bullets before moving on. I had one rule as we moved on. No prisoners. And there was not a murmur of disagreement to that order.

Surprisingly, Jack and Miranda seemed to work well together. They didn't share a word, but they hooked up their biotics as if they'd been doing it for years, watching Miranda lift and pull plenty of mercenaries out of cover, Jack flinging warps and shockwaves at them. As for Garrus, he was always patient, waiting for either one of the biotics to lift someone or he'd wait until there was a moment when a mercenary would show their head then CRACK! The mercenary lost their head.