Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we moved, we checked the bodies for the information Samara wanted, or any other information that might come in handy for later. We'd already dealt one major blow to them at Dantius Towers, so wiping out their presence here could exactly be a bad thing. We found one or two minor notes in regards to other operations that I'd pass on to Detective Anaya.

While we were moving, Garrus did grab my attention too, crouching over a pair of bodies. "Shepard, look at this. I've noticed something both times. These two are obviously Eclipse, but see the differences," he gestured as he explained, "I think this one on the left if fully-fledged Eclipse. It's not just the armour itself, this asari is definitely older than her counterpart here. See the different markings?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"I think this must be an initiate. Remember what Pitne for told us? Anyone in that armour to the left has already committed murder. This one on the right? Obviously part of the gang but hasn't killed yet."

"While true, they are still trying to kill us, Garrus."

"Oh, I'm not saying we don't shoot back. But it's something worthwhile remembering. Perhaps we do catch one or two initiates, take their armour and weapons, give them a firm kick up the arse and just send them crying home to mother. Worth thinking about."

"If presented the opportunity, I'll think about it."

We moved on, running into more Eclipse mercenaries, searching every room we passed by, Miranda hacking into terminals, though nothing we found was terribly interesting. While I don't think the business taking place was entirely legitimate, much of the cargo leaving the area was legal in Council Space.

Finding a locked door, Miranda hacked that one before I stepped in. Hearing a noise, I raised my shotgun as a young asari leapt out from cover, pistol in her hand but she immediately raised both. "Don't shoot!" she cried.

"Drop the weapon!"

She didn't, and I took a step forward, sensing the others enter and forming to either side of me. "I didn't shoot! Honest! My name is Elnora. I'm only here because all my sisters were watching me. I... I thought being a mercenary would be fun but..."

I stored my shotgun and she sighed with relief, though only so I could take the pistol from my hip, aimed, and shot her through the head. "Think I'm sort of idiot," I muttered as I walked to her body, watching blood pool on the ground, her eyes now staring blankly at the ceiling. "You're wearing the wrong armour, love. You've killed someone already."

"Okay, remind me never to fuck with you, Shepard," Jack stated with humour, "Goddamn, no hesitation whatsoever."

"You should know by now I won't accept bullshit, Jack. Anyway, let's move on."

Moving deeper into their base, the number of Eclipse grew. Grunt and I now really got to work, the enormous krogan simply charging head first, his enormous shotgun blasting at anything in yellow. I would summon my biotics and zip across the room, slamming into Eclipse, firing my own shotgun more than once, before doing the same again. More than once I ended up being fired at, only quick thinking as my shields failed saving me from taking serious wounds. But I found this method of fighting more enjoyable, certainly far more adrenaline pumping than how I'd fought before.

Miranda and Jack continued to work together, often supporting me by warping or pulling mercenaries I hadn't taken care of after I'd charged into them. Jack continued to send more mercenaries flying as she fired shockwaves, even watching them fly up and over piled up boxes and storage crates, hearing her laugh away.

Moving through more offices, some mercenaries tried to catch us off guard, waiting until we had passed by, firing from behind, though they simply ended up with a bullet in their back from Garrus. He saved us more than once thanks to that. We tried to clear each and every room, but sometimes we'd try and door, find it locked, and simply move on.

Continuing to check terminals as we moved, we did find something I found somewhat interesting, Miranda playing a recent audio file.

"Well, it's official. Little baby Elnora is finally a fully-fledged Eclipse merc. I earned my uniform last night when I killed that ridiculous volus. Up close, exploding rounds. Blew the little bastard's suit wide open. Hah! I can't wait to see some real action. Next time I go home, my friends are going to be so jealous!"

"Looks like Pitne For is innocent at least," Miranda stated, immediately downloading the information to her omni-tool, "I'll make sure this gets to the right people, Shepard."

"You know, Shepard, she's not the first, and she's not the last," Garrus stated.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, think about what I was up to on Omega. I must have killed hundreds of these idiots, whether they were Eclipse, Blue Suns or Blood Pack. Asari leave their nests when they're around what, one hundred or so?"

"Maybe earlier, but yeah, Liara mentioned during their maiden phase that they leave home looking for adventure."

"And what do they do? Many seem to either join mercenary groups like this, or end up dancing or selling their bodies around the galaxy. I'm not complaining, everyone is aware the asari are quite sexualised people. They have no shame in enjoying sex."

"I know, Garrus," I stated, unable to hide the smirk.

"But, in the end, you hear stuff like this, then see all the young asari we put on the ground, and doesn't a part of you think what a waste it all is?"

"I see your point, but they make the choice, Garrus. I'm all for adventure. I joined the Alliance for that reason as well."

"That's not the only reason, Shepard," Miranda stated, "Something about running your own little empire... and a likely prison sentence..."

"Well, yeah, that too, but many who join the Alliance were like those first explorers who left Earth, that sense of adventure you had, heading into the unknown. I guess life for asari is... dull, for want of a better word. They've lived in peace for centuries. No wonder some crave the excitement and danger of being a mercenary. Still makes them idiots when shooting at me though."

Moving on, we mowed down the opposition, though we took hits at the same time. Jack took a bullet in her arm, surprised to see Miranda scoop her up with an arm and take her behind cover. Jack swore at her, of course, though Miranda ignored it, simply applying medi-gel to the wound so Jack could get back into the action. Grunt had the best armour possible, most of his wounds on exposed skin, which was soon running slick with his own blood. He didn't seem to care.

I took my first serious wound when a gunship appeared out of nowhere. Before I could react, it raked me with bullets, my shields failing immediately before I felt the next couple go straight through my armour. It was only the fact I charged ahead, blasting away a mercenary and leaping into cover, that saved my life.

"Okay, Shepard?" Miranda yelled.

"Not sure," I shouted back, "Let me check." I glanced down to see a couple of holes, one in my shoulder, the other into my side. "Fuck," I muttered. I looked up to see the other four rushing to my position, Miranda immediately crouching in front of me. She actually looked concerned.

"Not your fault, Shepard. Fucking gunship came out of nowhere."

"Yeah, what a bitch, eh?"

She pulled back the chest part of my armour and I definitely winced. She pulled me forward and said, "Bullet went straight through, Shepard. Give me a moment." She applied medi-gel to both wounds. "Okay, that'll do for now. What about the other one?" She moved my bloodied but gloved hand and I definitely hissed as she pressed my side, rolling me slightly. "Straight through as well, Shepard. You might have been shot twice but someone is looking after you."

"Just apply the gel," I stated through gritted teeth. Once she'd done that, she pressed the armoured pieces back into place.

"You good to go?"

"Yeah. Thanks," I replied as she offered a hand to help me up. "Where's the gunship?"

"Disappeared. It'll be back though," Garrus replied, "I'm thinking, Shepard. Same plan as Omega?"

"You got shot there, if I remember correctly."

"Just get its attention, I'll do the rest."

So that's what the four of us did, waiting for it to appear. I stepped out of cover and waved it over before flipping the bird, ducking into cover as it fired on our position. The four of us returned fired, causing its shields to fire. That's when Garrus fired, watching the small hole appear in the canopy, the asari pilot immediately slumping forward in her seat, as the gunship veered off towards the ground. A few seconds later, flames billowed after the explosion.

All was quiet as we moved on, surprised we didn't run into more Eclipse. I didn't think we'd killed them all, so I could only assume they'd pulled back, waiting for us. Walking through more offices, we checked each one, but apart from finding a little information about what was being shipped, there were no more people around.

That is until we met a biotic volus. He was a rather amusing character, barely taking noticed of the five heavily armed people in front of him.

"I am a biotic god! Fear me, lesser creatures, for I am biotics made flesh!"

I got down on one knee so I was at his eye level. "Look here, my little friend. I am sure you are quite the noble warrior, and that armies have quacked at the sight of you on the battlefield."

"That is true for I am destined for greatness. The races of the galaxy shall grow to fear me!"

"I'm sure they will. But we're looking for the leader of this group of mercenaries. Do know where she is?" I said she as the leader would obviously be an asari.

"The next room. I am a great wind! I shall toss Wasea about like a rag doll!"

"Her name is Wasea? Perfect. Now, I think it's time you have a little nap." I gave him a shove and he fell to the ground. He stirred a few seconds later, obviously confused. "Are you okay?" I asked, as he didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.

"What was I saying?"

"You were going to go home, sleep this all off."

"Hmmm. Yes, sleep sounds nice actually."

"Just watch where you are walking," I suggested as he bumped off more than one wall as he staggered away. I chuckled to myself. "Fuck me, what next?"

Eclipse had pulled back and were waiting for our arrival. There were mercenaries all waiting for our arrival. We charged forward, firing either bullets or biotics. It was obvious that Wasea had a biotic barrier, so I left her to Jack and Miranda to start, immediately summoning biotics and charging into a group of the others. At such close quarters, I used the butt of my shotgun, slamming into the face of one, elbowing another, before quickly switching to my pistol, firing that into the face of a third. Charging away, I took a moment to assess, before charging again. Barrel straight into the chest, pull the trigger. Shields falter from a nearby burst of fire, turn and charge. Fire again before I leap behind cover, immediately turning to assess again. Miranda and Jack focused on Wasea. Grunt practically throwing mercenaries around for fun. Garrus nowhere to be seen but the crack of rifle could be heard.

There were no eyes on me, simply waiting for the biotic shield around Wasea to fail. She was exchanging fire with Miranda and Jack, obviously not noticing that most of her comrades in arms now lay dead. As soon as I saw her biotic shield falter, I charged. I arrived just as it completed failed, slamming into her. She was made of tough stuff, having turned as I arrived. But there was enough room for me to raise my shotgun with one hand, aim at her face, and fire.

"Okay, that was fucking disgusting," Jack muttered as she and Miranda walked towards me.

"I don't believe in drawn out gunfights. Kill them quick and move on."

"You've adapted well to your new abilities, Shepard," Miranda stated.

"Thanks. I actually find it rather enjoyable. Adrenaline certainly gets pumping."

Grunt was busy ending the lives of anyone who was still breathing, Garrus appearing from cover as we found there was a small unit nearby that acted as an office. We searched for information and eventually found a datapad that I believed contained the information we wanted. There was no point hanging around after that so I ordered our little group to head back to where it all began.

Returning to Detective Anaya, the first thing I did was give the datapad to Samara. She was thankful for having retrieved it, and now that her mission was complete, she was free to join my crew. She then surprised me by taking a knee, lowering her head, fists on the ground, glowing blue as she flared her biotics, appearing to recite a new Code. When I asked what it was about, she said that my orders would now supersede her own Code during the duration of the mission. Miranda then forwarded Detective Anaya the information we had found, including the confession of Elnora, and a plethora of data we had taken in regards to the operations Eclipse had been running. She was rather thankful, Samara vouching as a Justicar in regards to anything we found.

Job done, I gathered everyone and we headed back to the Normandy. The others headed off as I showed Samara around, taking her through the same details as I'd told Thane. Chakwas would check her over, something that Samara seemed to find amusing, while Kelly would also talk to her as well. Other than that, it was simply a case of where she wanted to reside. She admitted to enjoying the idea of watching space as we travelled, so I offered her the opposing lounge to where Kasumi called home. She found that acceptable and shook my hand.

Walking into Miranda's office after, she was actually sitting back on the lounge, looking rather drained as she drank from a water bottle. She was no longer surprised if I just walked in, though did ask, "Something on your mind, Shepard?"

"Just about what we're doing next. If there's nothing else for us here, I guess we'll leave tomorrow?"

"I'll see if I've received any news about another recruit but it's your decision, Shepard. You don't want to hang around for longer?"

"Part of me would like nothing more. But we do have a job to do, and the distraction isn't helpful sometimes."

"Okay, I'll send a ship wide message letting the crew know we are departing tomorrow."

"As long as they return by ten in the morning, ship time, we'll try and leave by midday at the latest."

"No problem, Shepard."

"Thanks."

Next stop was the med-bay, as I needed my wounds looked at. Taking off my chest armour and shirt, I lay back as Chakwas did what she needed. I winced and hissed a couple of times, as although the bullets had gone straight through, they still needed cleaning out. Medi-gel was a wonderful adventure but was still only a temporary solution. That's why Chakwas was still needed on the ship. I was with her for a couple of hours before she told me I should be okay within a couple of days, and if I did suffer residual pain, to return and she'd check again.

Heading upstairs, I was in the middle of enjoying a shower when I heard the door swish open, glancing to see a naked Kelly Chambers walk towards me. I turned to her as she moulded herself into my body. "Miranda told me you'd been wounded. Just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"While I'm naked in the shower."

"Maybe an ulterior motive. I know you're off out tonight with Liara. Just wanted to steal a few minutes." She looked up to meet my eyes. "Not even for anything sexual. I just wanted... you."

I leaned down and kissed her for that, hugging her tight to my body before she grabbed the body wash and was rather excited by the prospect of washing down my body. She spent time focusing on my groin area, not that I minded, but she meant what she said. Nothing sexual, so after I turned off the water, we wiped each other down before I lifted her up in my arms, earning plenty of giggles, as I carried her to the couch, sitting down with her sideways on my lap, immediately resting back against me.

"Miranda has already sent the message about leaving. Why don't you want to stay?"

"Because I might not want to leave if we do."

"Gianna?"

"Yeah."

"You love her, don't you?"

"I do."

She leaned forward and turned, the smile on her face a complete surprised. "Well, I knew it, but about time you admitted it to yourself."

"I've had a few women say those words to me, Kelly, back on the old ship. That's the first time I've actually said them back. I think part of me has now let Annie go. I've died and come back. As I said, the old Shepard is dead. I'm still him, but in some ways, I'm left feeling I'm nothing like him. I've noticed some differences in how I've acted. I guess I was never going to come back completely the same."

"But why finally admit it to Gianna?"

"It was the right time. I loved her before. I love her now."

"Does she want you to change anything?"

"No, she has no expectations, she simply had to tell me how she felt about me, and I finally had to admit those feelings were returned. But she's not expecting monogamy as she knows I won't offer it."

She leaned forward. "So that means we can still fuck too?" she whispered.

"Kelly, there is no way that part of our relationship is stopping. Trust me on that one."

"But you are meeting Liara tonight?"

"We've already had sex, if you're wondering. Earlier today, before we headed out to recruit Samara. Spur of the moment thing. We were busy talking and she was wearing this perfume that, I'll admit, was driving me a little crazy. We tried to stop but the temptation was too strong. Fucked her, right on her couch in the office. I'm sure plenty of people heard us."

"But she's not coming along?"

"Not at this point in time, and I'm no expecting her to drop everything to come with me. It's been two years. Things have changed. People have moved on. And I have new people in my life who are helping me." I met her eyes. "Some are even beautiful redheads who I definitely hope are in my future for a lot longer."

It must have been something in my tone, as her hand went to my cheek before she leaned forward, the kiss soft and incredibly tender, wrapping my arms around her as she turned slightly, her towel falling away as she eventually straddled my chest, leaning back as she pressed her chest against mine. My hands made their way to her firm little butt, earning a giggle as I gave them a gentle squeeze. She broke the kiss, leaving her face close to mine. "I love your hands, Shepard," she breathed.

I kissed her again as she started to grind herself against the erection now under my towel. All she needed to do was move that... which she did, lifting herself up and slowly lowering herself down on my cock. "Couldn't resist?" I asked softly.

"Never," she whispered back, kissing me again as she slowly started to ride me. I lifted myself up, taking her with me, taking her to the bed, laying her down, where we made love. She lifted her knees right back, moaning as I seemed to get even deeper inside her, both arms around me, fingers pressing into my back with each gentle thrust.

Grabbing a pillow, I slid that under her arse, changing the angle, something I knew would work once I upped the tempo. That's when she cried out, now really digging her fingers into me, moving her legs so they were now resting around me. "Fuck me," she asked quietly.

"You're beautiful," I said quietly, earning another of those wonderful smiles.

"God, I love your cock, Shepard," she cried softly, "I'm so close already..."

I leaned down to kiss her as I upped the tempo, feeling her whimper into my mouth as both her hands rested on the back of my head, breaking the kiss. "God, fuck me, Shepard," she shouted, "Harder. Faster. Just..." I don't think she could tell me in the right words what she quite wanted.