Mass Effect - Adventures on Omega Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jaxson laughs and says, "Oh I like you, I see why Axl here has been hiding you from me."

"Oh shut it Jaxson," Axl responds.

"I'm Sgt Marcus Jaxson, I'm actually the chef."

Slayde laughs and says, "Your the chef?"

"Yeah I cook up some pretty fine things, explosives, guns, knives and I like to get into some fisticuffs now and then too.

Crysp snickers and says, "I like him."

Looking at Slayde as Crysp says, "He sounds pretty hot."

"Oh shut it, scuttlebutt," Slayde says back.

Grins shake Jaxson's hand as Alley says, "O sweetheart you haven't seen even a quarter of why he hides me."

Alley grins back to Slayde looking over Axl. He knew he was going to have to fill me in on everyone and soon.

"So what is part of your plan Conrad," Alley asked as she looks over knowing that we are running out of time and we should get this meeting done and over with.

"So, Crysp and Jaxson will go with Jayne and Clyger to get the power back up and running. Meanwhile, there is enough power to send a team down to the Quarantine zone, that area needs a unit in there to take it over.

And when I mean take it over, I mean don't hold back, the android's down there are killing anyone that moves or walks down the street. We have someone hiding on the inside, her name is Lilly Norah, nar Zarta, she is a Quarian, and she has some information. That we desperately need from her. So a team has to go in there, and get her out."

"While also causing a little bit of a fightback in the quarantine zone at the same time," Axl asked?"

"No that is a suicide to even think that. You get in getting Lilly and get the hell out, when we got the power back on then we can deal with other things, this is not going to be an easy take-back, not by a long shot," Conrad said.

"Alley and I will go to the quarantine zone, with a small backup team," Axl said.

He looks at Alley and says, "You game for it?"

Looks at Axl in the eyes... 'I'm always game to shot something' I say looking down. I knew if I went into the Quarantine zone I wouldn't leave until I could find Xevron or at least whoever was wearing his armor.

"Ok then the rest of us will remain here on the ship but we will not dock on the station, we will remain in stealth mode until we get contact from the other teams. If we stay here docked, the Syndicate will find this ship easily," Conrad said.

"Yeah that is a smart idea, Kathka, your our pilot on this, you know what you have to do," Axl said.

Kathka's ears perk up as she says, "Muh, muh me?"

"Yes, your a big part of this team, and you're just a good pilot as Clyger."

"W-what," Kathka is shocked to hear Axl say this as he says, "Oh and you also being promoted, Private Kathka."

Axl smirks, as he walks out of the room, as Kathka has the biggest smile on her face.

Alley smiles looking over at Kathka touching her arm and says, "You got this girl we trust you."

Kathka looks at Alley as she comes up to her and says, "When did we have ranks on the ship?"

Slayde smirks as she comes up to her and says, "Girl sometimes just take a compliment, don't analyze it, just enjoy it."

"Damn I wish we could celebrate this," Clyger said.

"No I know that's okay, just let's make it out of this in one piece, then we go for drinks, hopefully, if the afterlife is left standing," Kathka said.

Alley smiles looking at Kathka and says, "Once this is all done and over with. We will take you to a place where we will be welcomed and we will drink till you can't fly straight anymore," Alley says hugging her kissing her cheek.

'You be safe and stay away till we need you," I tell her as I pick up the black widow and follow after Axl.

Just before Alley leaves Crysp stops her as he is standing with Jaxson, he comes up to her as says, "Listen, sis, I'm not one for these goodbye things. You watch your six you hear me, and Axl's too."

Looks into Crysp's eyes smacking his shoulder 'I'll be fine and so with Axl... You watch your back and that little tech boy of ours...like i said we are all going drinking after this' Smiles looking up at him.

Looking over at Jaxson. 'You watch their asses. Family is all we have in the end.... you understand?"

Jaxson looks at her and says, "Don't worry Jayne and I are pretty good in a fight, and I know a big ass Krogan like this, isn't afraid to get his hands dirty," Jaxson said.

Jayne looks at Alley as she comes up to her and says, "We never got to meet, but I'm a big fan of what you do. I know it's not the time to say it, but I've heard so much about you. It is an honor to work with you, ma'am."

Jayne salutes Alley and says, "Uh I mean Alley."

Looks up at Crysp trying not to laugh 'At ease soldier. But thank you... what do you mean you have heard about me?"

"Your exploits are legendary here on Omega, people cannot stop talking about what you did to that maniac Trask. What you did to Gregon Korr how you fought him in that battle arena and won. No one has ever beaten Korr, but you did."

"I'm a big fan of you competing in the battle arena show," Jayne responded, as Jaxson smirks and says, "Yeah you had pretty well everyone in the armory cheering for you that night. I was surprised when you leveled his ass in five seconds though.

"It was hilarious," Jayne said, sorry we shouldn't keep you waiting, this is important, "Sorry I am just rambling on."

Smiles looking at them both 'Ok you two will tell me over drinks after we are done. I want to know what else is said out there about me' I say putting the hood up on my cloak and almost vanishing to meet up with Axl,

**********************************************************

THE QUARANTINE ZONE - PART 2 OF CHAPTER 7

**********************************************************

The lower section of Omega Station is known as the Quarantine Zone. The reason it was called that is that an outbreak had begun spreading in that part of the station. The weird thing about it was the plague that was being spread was not affecting humans. It was only affecting Turian's, Salarians, and Batarians. Axl brought, Slayde with them the three of them move fast and all are wearing their stealth harnesses. It would be much easier for them to sneak into the quarantine zone unseen, and find Lilly - Norah much easier that way.

Axl says to both of them as the three of them approach the entranceway to the quarantine zone. However, it is blocked by a group of Syndicate Andriod Troopers. From Axl's vantage point he can see about six of them.

"Dammit, it looks like there is no way we are getting in that way," Axl says to Alley.

Slayde has her sniper rifle on them, as she says, "Yeah and I think they got sniper troops up on the roof too, lool."

Slayde points them out on the rooftops to Alley.

Axl looks at Alley and says, "Do you got a shot of the ones on the roof at least. The last thing we need is to have to deal with snipers we can't see in the dark."

"Yeah it's a good thing Clyger hooked us up with these heat signature visors," Slayde said.

"Yeah or we wouldn't be able to see any of them right now," Axl said.

Put the hood up n my cloak laying on my stomach. As I start to aim the scoop. 'I can get the two on top' I say before aiming hitting the first one and taking out the second one before he even had a chance to hit his coms.

"Did you just kill them already," Axl asked?"

"Of course she did, she has widow with her, the best badass sniper rifle, it makes no sound I love it," Slayde says, "Did their heads explode?"

Lets out a soft giggle and says, "Yes, they are dead already, and yes their heads exploded."

Alley starts to move over to the steam grate opening it up and looking over as she says, "All right let's go before one of them sees this grate moving and one near it."

That is when we hear a voice-over on our headset, there is some static as we hear a giggle, it's a woman's giggle, "Oh why hello there Axl, Alley, and Slayde, you trying to sneak in through our steam grates?"

"Who is this who are you," Axl asked?"

"I'd be a little more concerned about who my crosshair is being pointed at right now. Just like you I have thermal visors as well, and I know exactly where the three of you are," the woman's voice said.

Slowly placing the grate back down as Alley says, "Since you can see us, then why don't you tell us who is aiming at us."

"How about I shoot your asari friend first," the women's voice says.

"Bitch I'd like to see you try to shoot me," Slayde, responds as she feels the bullet piercing through her neck as Slayde falls to the ground in front of Axl and Ally, she's dead before she hits the ground.

"She snickers and says, "Looks like your -1 now."

Alley stops in her tracks looking at Slayde laying there on the ground. Alley feels her throat dry up as she says, "I'm going to kill you for that."

"I've been wanting to meet you for a long time Alice Hood, the famous Alley who not only killed my brother but also my husband," the women's voice said.

'Who the hell are you," Alley asks standing up looking around, and shouts at her, "Come out of hiding you, coward."'

"You took my family from me, now I took one of yours, you want me, my men won't fire come to find me I'm on the rooftop across from where you took out my snipers. Oh and Alley, come alone, if Axl moves from where he is, I have another group of snipers on the other rooftop you missed, they are told to shoot if Axl moves from his spot. You don't want two deaths on your conscience now do you," she responded.

Alley turns to look over at Axl as she says, "You better have that drink ready for me when I get back."

Not giving Axl the chance to stop me. I have to know who just killed the woman that has been a mother to me for most of my life.

Axl kneels beside Slayde as he is cradling her in his arms, as he places his fingertips over her eyes. He goes on the headset and switches it to the comms on the Nova Cruiser as he says, "Kathka are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here Axl," Kathka answered?"

"Is anyone with you right now on the bridge," Axl responded.

"N-no it's just me," Kathka answered.

"Tell Conrad, the mission is compromised, they knew we were here already," Axl said.

Kathka says, "Are you okay, where are you."

"Yes I'm fine, dammit I didn't want to have to tell you this kiddo," Axl said.

"What do you mean, what happened," Kathka asked?

"Slayde is dead Kathka, I'm sorry I didn't want to tell you this alone," Axl answered.

Kathka feels like someone just punched her in the stomach and yanked out her heart. As she hears the words Axl says, as Kathka thinks about all the times Slayde spoke to her and told her to be strong. Kathka raises her chin and says, "Thank you for telling me Axl, I'll go tell the Commander."

"Thanks, Kathka, stay safe you here," Axl said.

"You too Axl, my heart is with you and Alley," Kathka responds.

Meanwhile, Alley has done what the women over their headset asked, she headed to the rooftop like the women asked. Slowly keeping her head down as she keeps her focus on every area of the rooftop she is now on.

"Hello Alice, care to dance," the women's voice says as she giggles and laughs.

A bunch of electronic arrows is being fired at where Alley's location is, easily she dodges them. Running to a metal barricade that she hides behind for cover.

"Oh my you have smooth moves don't you," the woman smirks and then says, not sure if I'd rather kill you or date you."

Laughs slipping the cloak off dropping it onto the ground. pulling out both of my side pistols. 'Well I would say the same but I don't date the faceless so I guess killing you will have to do. Plus you just killed the only woman I loved and was a mother to me. So for that YOUR DEAD!

The mysterious female assassin tosses a smoke grenade into Alley's direction it surrounds her and she cannot see anything. Out of nowhere, Alley feels a kick hit her cheek that knocks her down to the ground. The mysterious assassin then says, "You have no idea how long I have waited to KILL you."

"You want to know who I am, does the name Gregon Korr ring a bell to you," the mysterious assassin asked?"

Looks up at her leaping back up to my feet 'No.. is it suppose to?" I ask taunting her my voice calm as a small smirk slides over my lips.

"He was my husband you bitch, you killed him on LIVE TELEVISION. I've had to listen to people praise your name. While my husband laid dead and no one gave a damn, I'm Markana Korr and you are going to DIE for that," Markana says, as she leaps through the smoke and tackles Alley.

Alley kicks her gun out of Markana's hand as Alley pulls out a dagger and tosses it at Markana it hits Markana in the thigh, as she shrugs it off and pulls out the dagger and tosses it to the ground. Markana then drops her weapons to the ground as she says, "Fine I don't need weapons to kill you if you loved her as you say you did. You'll drop your weapons and finish this the old-fashioned way."

Alley knew exactly where Markana was she still had her heat visors on, as she leaps into the air and delivers a spinning roundhouse kick directed at Markana's chin, it connects and knocks Markana onto her face.

Markana grabs hold of Alley's ankle and tries to trip her, but Alley is too smart for that as she does a backflip over Markana's head and punches Markana in the jaw.

Knocking Markana back, Alley kicks her once again, knocking Markana back down onto the ground. Alley walks over ass she steps on Markana's wrist.

"I killed your husband for wanting to kill my family. Same with your son. The difference is you did kill one of them. So I will make sure you don't die that quick."

Alley grinds her heel into Markana's wrist, making her feel some more pain in the process.

Meanwhile, Axl on comms says, "Kathka I need you to fly the ship to an area and I need you to fly the firecracker in on stealth mode. It doesn't look like this area has any artillery guns you have to worry about. I want you to fly the Firecracker in and bomb the hell out of these areas in the Quarantine Zone, they won't know where it's coming from."

Kathka is nervous but thinks to herself and says, "What would Slayde do?"

Axl waits for her response, as she says, "I'll be there in five minutes tops."

Meanwhile, Alley is standing over top of Markana as she is grinding her heel into Markana's wrist. Not expecting Markana to toss a stun grenade at Alley. It stuns and shocks her. Markana gets back up and then knees Alley in the stomach, she then wraps her arms around Alley's neck attempting to choke her to death.

Alley is fighting it as Markana says, "You didn't see that coming did you?"

Markana lets go of Alley's neck as she struggles away from her crawling on her knees. Taking out her Omni Tool as she heals herself using as much medi-gel as she possibly can. It helps fight off the pain temporarily as she looks at Alley and hobbles back up to her feet. She then hears this humming sound turning around it is getting louder and louder. The humming sound approaches closer and closer, as "Markana shouts, "Fire open fire on that cloak."

It is too late before she can say that order, Kathka fires a bombardment of rockets from the Firecracker, the explosions light up the entire area they are in. The explosions rock and shake the rooftop Alley and Markana are on, distracted by what is going on, Markana looks at Alley and says, "We will finish this, but not today."

Markana leaps off the rooftop and attempts to make her escape. Kathka takes the firecracker off the cloak and is now trapping her and has her locked in her sites. Without hesitation, you watch and overhear Kathka's scream over her comms, "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER YOU BITCH!"

Firing at her as Alley watches Markana get taken out by an onslaught of machine-gun fire from the firecracker. When Kathka finishes firing at her, Markana drops to her knees and falls face-first onto the ground.

Alley stands there and looks at what is left of Markana laying there on the ground in a bloody mess of pieces. Alley looks up at the firecracker and says, "Kathka, open the door."

Kathka lands the firecracker and opens the door for Alley, Alley gets onto the ship.

"Come on let's go get Axl. This attack on Omega just got very personal to a lot of the crew," Alley says to Kathka, as she nods her head. She flies to the location where Axl contacted her from. All of the troops in that area are now dead from the explosions and blasts. Kathka took them all out and also made the remaining members of the Viper Syndicate have to retreat.

Kathka lands the Firecracker, in Axl's location as he says, "Alley turn to comm channel 4 please."

Alley turns her comms to channel 4 as Axl asked. She is in the back getting ready to go out and get Axl back.

"Alley, make sure Kathka doesn't come to the cargo area of the Firecracker, I'm bringing Slayde's body on board," Axl says.

Axl waits as he has Slayde's body wrapped in a cloth, as he is carrying her in his arms, as he holds her in his arms on his knees in disbelief.

Lowering his head onto her body and says, "Mom, you can't be gone, you can't, I need you."

Axl is holding her by where her head is blood, her blood leaking out onto his trousers, as he just cradle's her."

"Got it," Alley says as she is up in the cockpit looking at Kathka

'Let's get back to the ship," Alley says placing a hand on her shoulder. Alley pushes a button once Axl's tracker signal indicates he is now on board the Firecracker with Slayde's body. Alley stays with Kathka as she slowly is rubbing up and down her back.

Kathka looks at Alley and says, "I think you better go check on Axl, I'll be fine."

In the cargo hold, Axl has already begun prepping Slayde's body as he has placed her inside a casket capsule, as he stands over top of it and has his head lowered, and is still in disbelief.

"Whatever you do you don't come back to the cargo hold," Alley tells Kathka and is giving her a very serious look. Kathka understands and nods her head. Alley gets up and heads back to the cargo hold looking for Axl. She walks over placing a hand on his shoulder biting her lip softly as she says, "Axl I'm, I'm sorry this is my fault."

Alley sees Slayde's body in the casket for the first time, as Axl placed her into it respectfully. She lays there and you cannot see the wound that took her life, he hid it very well. He put her in Slayde's favorite latex gown, he found one that looked similar to it in one of Slayde's cargo canisters on the Firecracker. All of the crew have one. Axl brushes his fingertips along Slayde's cheek and says, "It's my fault? Not yours Alley, all of this is my fault. This never would have happened if it wasn't for me."

"YAAHHHHH, he picks up a wrench and tosses it across the cargo hold as he collapses to his knees and cries."

Alley walks over wrapping my arms around Axl's pinning him in hers, as she says, "Axl her death is my fault. She was after me to hurt me. Do you remember Korr the father and son I killed on those stupid reality deathmatch shows?"

Axl cannot comprehend anything right now as he sobs and says, "Yeah I remember."

"Markana was Gorgan Korr's wife she was after me. To hurt me not you. You would have been next. That bullet should of killed me not Mom," Alley says to Axl.

Looking up at Alley as he breathes in a big sigh, as he says, "I'm okay, let me get up."

Alley lets go of him as he stands up as looks her in the eyes, looking at Slayde's body in the casket, as he smiles and says, "You know what she'd say right now."

"Get up and scratch it off, and suck it up buttercup," Axl smiles and says, "How are we going to do this without her Alley, she was our rock when we needed her. She was our fucking friend.

"I swear to god, DIMITRIUS is going to pay for this, I swear this will end with his corpse the same as that Markana bitch did," Axl said.