All Comments on 'Matched'

by Daisy_x

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
bienclarbienclarover 3 years ago

The story was fine until Damien was introduced. I get that you wanted him to have a distinct 'voice' from Elliot, but he doesn't talk like a person. If you do continue this story then you need to read the words he says out loud after you type them.

DougsLairDougsLairover 3 years ago

Yes Sir, another PLEASE Sir.

69stroker6969stroker69over 3 years ago

Yes, please continue. It would be a horrible tease if you did not give us much more of Damien and Elliott. I have a vision of being Elliott and I want to know what will happen to me next. Thanks for the incredible story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good

I really enjoyed this , obviously Damien was his Svengali figure - I had one too in my 20s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why so much control?

This is a very good story, but Damien is not a likeable character at all which ruins it imo. He has had a lonely, cold, unloving, almost sad life - yet he chooses to repeat this pattern with his “match.“ He is much too controlling, selfish and cruel in spite of Elliott’s clear adoration. I’m not just talking about the Dom/sub parts but also the way he lost his temper at Elliott’s, how he just left him the first night in the mansion, ignored him the whole next day and into the party. And basically required forfeiting of E’s entire life or nothing. He wants a complete doormat/plaything. He is a real disrespecting asshole. Just not the type of lead character I like. You are a talented writer clearly...

illwindillwindover 3 years ago

It was an interesting premise, but their relationship was just too one-sided. It was either what Damien wanted or nothing at all. Even for a dom/sub relationship that just doesn't work, there has to be some give and take. In a year(or less) Elliot will be so full of resentment there won't be room for any other emotion.

lindierlindierover 3 years ago

An interesting story. I certainly hope that you decide to continue with it. Eliot seems to have hidden strengths and could well develop into someone interesting. Damien is more confusing. Overly dominant this may be a product of his upbringing and his inability to get close to his parents or anyone else for that matter. He seems essentially a lonely individual.

Obviously how this relationship will develop is down to you. What I hope is that as Damien and Eliot get to know each other better Damien will soften and allow his feelings for Eliot to take over and that as they fall deeper in love they will become more equal partners.

Look forward to seeing how your conception develops.

Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't like it

It's not the bdsm stuff that's bad, it's that it's btwn done in an unhealthy way. Did they talk it through? No. There are no hard and soft limits set. He keeps asking elliot if he trusts him, but it's impossible with how fast this was. Plus the power is supposed to be all on the sub's side. Elliott should have the right to say no at all times. The dom gets his power from the sub's voluntary submission. Because they don't have an agreement, and it's damien's way or Elliott loses his chance away a match, the power dynamic is off. This is why the relationship feels borderline abusive.

It's a shame, too, because the premise is so good.

Daisy_xDaisy_xover 3 years agoAuthor
Just to clarify!

Totally understand some of the comments about the power dynamic - just to clarify this was originally going to be in the Non Consent category which is why Damien seems controlling. I changed it last minute, but that’s why there is that dynamic, it isn’t reaaaally a BDSM story, it just has some references to it. I’m so glad so many of you enjoy it and I’ve taken your feedback on board! I will write a sequel soon :)

AlexpaulAlexpaulover 3 years ago

Yes you better come through with chapter 2. I love it when Elliot rebels and Damien gets that lil ass in check tight away. Need me a Dom to teach me.

MiivolluMiivolluover 3 years ago

Good story. Please use more nouns to identify the pronoun he. Using he with identifying the person made the story more difficult to follow in many places. Can’t wait for a Part 2 !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Leaving aside the discussion about consent and power dynamic, because this is fantasy after all, so a certain amount of leeway is allowed...

This story is hot as fuck. A mix of the roughness, the assumed control, and then the tenderness too. The kissing, the cuddles.

Please, please make another part to this

susanb69susanb69over 3 years ago

I loved your story. keep up the great work and please do not worry about a strict noun or pronoun presentation. a story is to entertain not be graded,

sm1982sm1982about 3 years ago

Stories like this one shouldn’t be free lol well written and through the chapters, I understood why they were a perfect match!

thomashwhitethomashwhite10 months ago

I’m really disappointed in the way that this went. You would assume that a program to match you with the one mate who is best for you would not have put these two together with the current dynamic.

Damian obviously has control issues. He expresses them and they are shown by example. I originally thought that the purpose of Elliot in his life was to pull that wall down. To allow him to enjoy the company of other people. To grow. Unfortunately he does nothing of the sort and for most intents and purposes really treats Elliot as an object or a servant. The possibility is there. Damian did initially give himself to Elliot in their first night if sex. It was only when he realized that he was losing control that he changed. Therefore the true love of Elliot is within Damian.

I expected Elliot to bring a little chaos to Damian and to gain control and sophistication for himself. Unfortunately it did not seem to be going that way as indicated by Elliot not finding he was living the matched dream. Instead he felt it as a nightmare. Then he began to give up everything that made him who he was. Not a good outcome for most people and something not desirable from a matching program. While he was sexually attracted to Damian as a person (not necessarily gay) I got no indication in the lead up that he wanted to become a brain nullified robot. He’s too good a character for that. I believe he might attempt to submerge himself due to his expectations from a match but that over time he would realize that the match as desired by Damian is not a match for Elliot. It’s too bad that as someone not that experienced at sex that Elliot is falling for the “hands of a whore”. Damian is proficient at the mechanics so can bring physical pleasure but does not seem to truly attempt to bring love.

Any couple put together by a matching program such as explained within the story would want to put together people who would complement and grow together. They could break down each others faults and help each other rise. Having a master and a brain nullified slave (no opinions/wants/desires not approved) does not seem in line with that.

I would hope that if you move this story forward you will have Elliot leave Damian. He would make it clear that a match for him is more than good sex and money. It is a partnership. Taking Damian at his word (and assuming the program wouldn’t allow a lying jerk to be placed with anyone) he would release Elliot. At that point Damian could realize that he loved him too. I do find it odd that a program that gives immediate matches would have put them together as they are now.

If this had been a truly non-consenting relationship as suggested by the author for her original idea this would have made no sense. Non-consenting is the opposite of a match as defined within the program.

thomashwhitethomashwhite10 months ago

Also, since Damian was already in the system why did it take two months for them to match., since they can’t change their profiles it should have been immediate.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaisy_x@Daisy_x
Welcome to my profile, feel free to take a peek at any of my stories :) More on the way soon...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Matched Series Info