All Comments on 'Matched Pt. 02'

by Daisy_x

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJover 3 years ago
More

I'm definitely looking forward to a chapter three. Didn't think there was going to be a chapter two, but so glad to see the bond between Damon and Elliot proved to be strong even after finding out about the hacking. Curious to see Damon's family reactions for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To be continued? ABSOLUTELY!

Excellent fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hottt

I def got of to this

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More Please!

But more chapter 1 sex ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Keep this going

I enjoyed many things about Ch 2. 1) that the conflict (hacking) was something outside of their relationship and not caused by infidelity or disrespect. 2) that they drew closer and both changed as a result of their matching and rematching. 3) that they are both working toward a mutually enjoyable future together. Of course, although Damien is less controlling and selfish in this chapter, those qualities still are present. Damien himself dislikes that he is this way but his abusive childhood has created a man who treats his beloved in many of the same ways as he was mistreated. The way Damien was ice cold about the mismatch, broke up with Elliot despite Elliot’s feelings, forced him to meet Ella, ignored his texts and calls but still tried to control his life from afar, prioritized his investment with Harvey over his relationship with Elliot - all of these are examples of how Damien still falls short of being the man that he should be and Elliot deserves. He still has a lot more growing to do than Elliot does - Elliot has sacrificed everything but Damien’s life has barely changed (besides good ways like not being lonely and having a virtual sex slave at his whim). The part where Elliot basically saves the company, and then tells Damien he’s still really pissed at him for the way D treated him and was met with Damien’s chuckling is a infuriating example of how Damien doesn’t realize the hurt he causes Elliot, how he must be a better man, and be a more equal partner in all ways for Elliot. He patronizes him like a plaything rather than an actual man whom he loves. Please keep this going but continue to evolve Damien into a caring, respectful, devoted partner that can put his parents’ misdeeds in the past and focus on his future life with Elliot.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 3 years ago

Uhhh YES PLEASE!!!

EncntctEncntctover 3 years ago
Yes please

You’ve done a fine job bringing Damien and Elliot life. This is a sexy sweet story, please do continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So much more interesting

Definitely continue! This chapter turned a fairly predictable set up into a far more interesting exploration of attraction, compatibility, and transformation. I did not love the idea of perfect, permanent matches in the first chapter, but enjoyed Elliot’s journey as he explored a completely new relationship. This chapter was much more compelling, as the entire corporation deals with questions of enduring personalities versus growth and flexibility. Bring on the judgmental parents!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please continue

I like the story however, the dominant sir thing going on will not work in a long term relationship in my opinion. Show more of Damien’s vulnerability but do keep going.

Ninalove25Ninalove25over 3 years ago

Absolutely fantastic, I stayed up much later than I should have just to finish this chapter, I was captivated. I hope you write more!

AlexpaulAlexpaulover 3 years ago

Loving it all. Chapter 3 please.

illwindillwindover 3 years ago

Kind of odd direction to take the story. It was like conflict just for the sake of conflict. I found it quite boring actually. I couldn’t really care less about this company or it’s matching algorithm. And the worst part is instead of just saying “Screw your stupid company!” they act as if they still need their confirmation to be together. That was so ridiculous.

Their relationship did improve a bit, in terms of being on slightly more equal ground; but there was so little focus on their actual relationship that it hardly mattered. I would have much rather the chapter be spent showing them growing as a couple rather than yanking them apart for no reason just to shove them back together again.

sm1982sm1982about 3 years ago

This chapter explained more about Matched and how the algorithm worked for as long as it could until the hackers came along. This tested what finding the one can truly feel like and how hard one will try to prove their love to another, even when the heart is in the right place to give one what the other truly believes is in their best interest. This chapter also showed how much Elliott and Damien really do like and love each other and not for the simple sake of being matched. The character developments gets better and better overtime, giving us hints and details into each of our favs characters. Happy Harry has found the right one as well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll be very honest. I typically hate these types of stories in movies and TV. I don't know if reading it I get to control more which I like or what but I really do hate the cliche stuff. That being said I thought this was very cute. The conflict felt when constructed at best but I can overlook it. I surprisingly genuinely enjoyed this...again I cannot emphasize how much I usually hate these types of stories!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaisy_x@Daisy_x
Welcome to my profile, feel free to take a peek at any of my stories :) More on the way soon...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Matched Previous Part
Matched Series Info