Matchmaker 08: August

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yes. I'm very happy, and I think he is too. I wish he were here. I'm sure he'd want to thank you himself.

He has my number.

There was a momentary pause before she replied. I've sent him a text.

As you know, I work almost entirely off referrals. May I count on you for a reference or referral?

Absolutely! Anything I can do for you, I will!

Thank you. Is there anything else I can do for you?

No. You've already done enough, and I mean that in the best possible way. I didn't know I could be so happy and content.

Very good, Ms. Larson. I wish you the best of luck. You and Mr. Reynolds both.

Thank you, Brooklyn. Thank you so much.

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thank you. You too.

I placed my phone aside as I smiled. Finding someone that could deal with Meadow's... condition, and was still a good match for her, had been tricky, but it seemed that Kane Reynolds filled the need nicely.

I was working on my computer, reviewing my notes on potential companions for William Ogden. I was studying one entry when my cell rang. I picked it up. "Brooklyn Lancaster."

"Ms. Lancaster. Kane Reynolds. Meadow said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Not exactly. I was following up with Ms. Larson, and I told her you could reach out to me if you needed to."

"I see. As a matter of fact, I do have a couple of things I want to say to you." I felt a slight chill from the coolness of his tone. "You, Ms. Lancaster, must be some kind of witch. I don't know how you did it, but... Meadow is... unbelievable. You couldn't have picked a more perfect person for me."

I relaxed, the smile coming through in his voice on his last sentence. "I'm glad things are working out between you and Ms. Larson."

"Working out? Did you say working out? That doesn't even come close to describing it. I am so hopelessly in love with her I can barely do my job. Do you know how hard it is to make a mower go when you're floating with joy? I can barely hold the safety switch down."

I giggled. I'd realized that Kane was a comedian when I interviewed him, but he was even more exuberant now. "I'm pleased you feel that way."

"I do. People are going to think there's something wrong with me because I constantly walk around with this big, stupid grin on my face."

"That's really good news. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," he said, all the teasing joviality gone. "In all seriousness, I can't thank you enough. Meadow... she's... helped me."

"With what happened?"

"Yes. She's helped me get past... my confusion, I guess is the best way to put it. Meadow is an amazingly strong, compassionate and understanding, woman."

"Yes, Mr. Reynolds, she is."

"I guess I owe you two debts of gratitude. One for introducing me to Meadow, and another for helping me pull my head out of my... rear."

I had the impression he changed what he was going to say at the last moment, and I smiled. "Thank you, but all I did was introduce you to Ms. Larson, and I've been well compensated for that. The rest, that was all you and Ms. Larson, so I consider us even."

"Not even, Brooklyn. Never even. If there's ever anything I can do for you, call me. I can't repay the debt I owe you, but I can make payments on it."

I nodded to myself. "Thank you, Mr. Reynolds. That's very kind of you to say. It's not often that I call upon a companion for a reference, but should I need to, may—"

"Absolutely!" he interrupted. "Any time."

"Thank you."

There was a moment of silence. "Is there anything else you need from me?"

"No. I wish you and Ms. Larson the best of luck together."

"Thank you, Brooklyn. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, Mr. Reynolds."

We hung up and I rocked back in my chair, a small smile on my lips. I had a good feeling about Meadow and Kane. Not all my clients and companions stayed together forever, and most were enthusiastic in their praise when I performed my follow-up call, but it wasn't often that I could hear the depth of the love I heard in Kane's and Meadow's voices.

I nodded as I turned back to my computer. Yes, I had a very good feeling about them.

1...345678