Matrimonium Interuptus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Steve dotes on Miranda, even if she isn't his biological daughter. What's funny though, people confuse his gentleness and shyness with weakness and think he is a pushover. Oh, and he is fit. Very fit, with enormous stamina and physical control."

She giggled when she said that last remark.

Rachel said, a bit irritated, "What do you mean by confusing gentleness and weakness?"

She doesn't like him. That for sure. She is used to, successfully, manipulating people and it doesn't work with Steve. Patricia thought.

She was slow to answer. "It takes a lot to anger him and then again a lot more to have him explode. Because of him refusing to get angry, one easily might think he is a pushover and can be intimidated. There have been a few people who have found out the hard way that he wasn't."

"Is that the reason his wife divorced him?"

There we are. You still can't believe that Steve takes care of another one's child even though he divorced Kathryn and you are dying to know what was the reason behind it.

Patricia scoffed and replied," She didn't divorce Steve. It was the other way around. That's another story altogether and it's not for me to tell."

After a pause Patricia added, "I'm going to look for some firewood, care to join me?"

"Do I have to? I'm still a bit tired from this morning and I'm not used to this life."

Why am I not surprised? Patricia thought. "Ok, you take a rest." She replied somewhat acidly and walked into the forest.

Rachel didn't like it one bit. The giggles when that woman made the comment about stamina and control made her almost certain that they were more than just friends. She decided to be blunt and force some answers from the wench, when she was back.

Patricia returned with her arms full of wood, dropped it and disappeared again. When she returned the second time, she lugged a tree trunk behind her. When she straightened and wiped the sweat from her forehead Rachel pounced, "you told me you were friends. With benefits I presume. I noticed your happy face."

"Hell yeah. Steve is a fabulous lover. Patricia replied without any trepidation. "When we meet and have an itch we go to a hotel and scratch it. We both have our very different lives and responsibilities and we like to keep it that way."

"You tell me he is good between the sheets?"

Without any hesitation Patricia answered, "He is. He only comes once, very rarely twice but when he is finished with you, you can't walk anymore. He can keep himself from orgasming for a very long time, just pounding you into the mattress. Or even better, doing so and the only connection between you and him is his big dick driving in, and out your pussy with him on his hands and feet. He can keep on doing so for a very long time and it drives you crazy. When he goes down on you and eats you out you better be ready because it feels like you are exploding into thousands of bits and pieces."

Rachel tried to process this information and wanted to ask more but was interrupted by Steve and the kids returning to camp. She still didn't know what he was doing for a living. She understood that he wasn't bound by the standard office hours. And she became a bit obsessed with why he was divorced and his relationship with Miranda. It was obvious that it went further than a simple guardianship.

Saturday.

Rachel had a bad night. She wasn't used to sleeping on the ground with a thin mattress just for isolation. It did nothing to cushion her from the hard ground. Grumbling, she crawled out of her tent only to find that everybody was already up and about. Patricia was already there and sorting the climbing gear needed for this morning. She smiled at Rachel and asked, "Morning sleepyhead. Did you sleep well?"

Rachel wasn't a morning person and didn't reply. Steve's cheeriness didn't help one bit too until he asked with a crooked smile on his face, "Coffee? Oh, and Tricky brought breakfast. Croissants, Danish and fresh sourdough bread. You'd better tuck in. You'll need the energy this morning."

When they came to the site where they were going to climb, the first thing Steve did before climbing to the top was installing one of the wildlife cameras to record everyone who climbed.

When done he divested himself from his clothes except a pair of shorts and climbing shoes.

He started to climb, and Rachel became aware that Patricia hadn't been boasting about Steve's physical prowess. During the ascent to the top of the cliff Rachel had a good view of Steve's body and every muscle showed though he let it look like it seemed effortless.

When he was on the top of the ridge Steve threw down a rope to haul the tripod for the pulley up. Steve scaled down again and the first one going up was Patricia. She had to assist the ones who arrived at the top. When everything was installed and tied down properly the fun began.

Even Rachel had a good time. It started when Steve inspected her harness. She finally felt his strong and calloused hands when he fastened the buckles properly.

She leaned into him and smelled him. He smelled so good. No perfume or aftershave but he smelled of excitement, fresh sweat, and exertion. A heady combination for an already aroused Rachel.

She climbed up with some difficulty but squealed from exhilaration when abseiling to the bottom of the gorge.

That afternoon Steve was enjoying some quiet time. The children were swimming in the pond, Patricia left to install three of the five wildlife traps and left the other two to record the camp for documentary reasons.

Steve was lying on his stomach, soaking up some sun while re-reading a book from one of his favorite science fiction writers when he felt a cold splash on his back.

He looked up and saw a smiling Rachel with a bottle of sunscreen cream. "Let me do your back and you can do mine; I already gave the children a bottle too so they can help themselves."

Without asking she started to rub Steve's back with the cream. When her hands touched his shoulders, she felt a shiver running down her spine. He felt very good to her touch. Hard sinewy muscles under a tanned skin, but Steve turned his head and spoke. "There is no need to do that. I can do that myself."

Rachel huffed, "Maybe, but I can't reach my back and I'm not willing to let the kids do that. I kind of hoped that you would return the favor. "

"That's no problem, but I'll take care of my own backside."

Ten minutes later Rachel was lying on a towel on her inflatable having her back rubbed. She was rather disappointed. Since this morning she lusted after the man and her trying to rub his back was a first overture to get him in her bed and he turned her down? That wasn't something she was accustomed to. Anyway, the bright side was that he was doing her back and his hands felt wonderful.

And at the end of the afternoon, they all heard the thunder rumbling in the distance.

Steve started to give instructions to prepare the children and the camp for bad weather. He walked over to Rachel and said, "If you still want to move your tent, now is the time. Soon the rain will come pouring down from the sky and I'm afraid your meadow will be flooded."

Rachel, being stubborn, refused to do so.

They all had a quick meal under the tarp when the first drops started to fall. Quickly and silently Steve, with the help of the children cleaned up, set the remaining wild traps and when the wind picked up and it wasn't comfortable outside anymore, they all went to their tents.

Rachel listened to the rain. Her mind wandered back to the afternoon and she felt Steve's hands on her back again.

She imagined herself connected to him only with his pounding dick in her pussy. As if her hands had a will of their own, they went down and slipped into her pajama bottoms and started to caress her pussy lips. When she tried to spread her legs for better access, she ran into the limitations of the sleeping bag.

She pulled her middle finger along the inside of her labia with her legs almost closed. She shivered. That felt much better than she expected and her finger came away wet. She did that again and she used her other hand to open herself up a bit more. She groaned with pleasure. Now her fantasy went rampant. She could almost feel him inside herself. and she started to buck her pelvis.

Suddenly she felt something cold seeping in her sleeping bag. She freed one arm and felt the ground. It was wet!

Rachel sat up straight. Water seeped in through the zipper. The groundsheet felt like a waterbed. Damn, damn, damn. My tent is leaking. She thought while she crawled out of the sleeping bag. By now everything was soaked.

Swearing she slipped into her wet pants, sweater, pulled on her shoes and opened the zipper. Immediately the water surged in, soaking her in an instant.

That's it! I've had enough! I'm going home, sleeping in my own bed after a hot bath. She just had the presence of mind to take her bag with keys, car keys and wallet with her.

Outside the tent she stood in 5 inches of torrent and rapidly rising water, she closed the tents by pulling the zipper down again and she staggered to the higher land. Her shoes and trousers soaked, she walked straight to her car that was parked back at the end of the entrance, climbed inside and drove off.

Steve stayed awake for most of the night, listening to the storm screaming and the rain pelting on his tent. He counted how many seconds there were between the flash of the lightning and the roar of the thunder. Because of the racket the storm produced, he completely missed the departure of Rachel.

Just before sunrise the storm abated and for the umpteenth time, he started to check on the others. Suddenly he became aware of the sound of the creek. It was raging now. He walked quickly over to check on the tents when he saw part of a tree rushing with the water threatening the flooded and collapsed tent from Rachel.

With a shout he woke the children and told them to bag their belongings. That done he quickly snatched a rope from the pile, tightened it to a tree and jumped into the cold torrent.

It looked like she was still in the tent, maybe unconscious. While the kids watched he waded into the rushing water.

When he tried to find the entrance a thick branch of the tree rammed into ribs and threatened to drag them along. Steve howled in pain but somehow held on to the rope and the tent.

The branch turned a bit and ran with the current without snagging Steve.

He tied the tent to the rope and found the entrance. Empty! He started to panic a bit. He worked himself back to the dry land and asked the children to help with the search.

After a few minutes Miranda came back to tell Steve that Rachel's car was gone too. Now Steve had to sit down. His adrenaline levels were starting to go down and he felt the damage to his ribs and something seeping warm and sticky down his side.

He looked and saw some movement and a slow bleed. Since there was no telephone reception due to the electric storm, he decided to take the kids and deliver them safely at home. Afterwards he could go to a hospital to let himself check him over.

"Kids! Grab your bags. We're going home. I think I need to see a doctor. So just grab your bags and I'll ask Tricky to clean up the mess. Quickly now please!" He called out.

The children hadn't slept well either, a little bit numb from tiredness and surprise that they went home on such short notice, filed into the car. Steve tried not to stumble when he walked to the car. When he sat behind the wheel, he felt a bit dizzy. He shook it off and started the car.

Three hours later Steve dropped off the first four kids without problems. The parents were happy to have them safe at home after the bad weather and the news of flash floods.

Steve felt himself getting worse and decided that he would take Miranda with him to the hospital after he delivered his last ward. He arrived at the address feeling weak.

The girl's mother walked over to thank him and took a good look at him. His face was ashen and he had a sheen to his face. She asked worriedly, "Are you all alright? I'm a nurse and my husband is a doctor."

Steve answered weakly, "I don't think so?" and he slumped over the wheel.

Miranda shouted, "Dad! Dad!" She turned and said, "He already wanted to see a doctor. Help him please?"

Meanwhile the girl called her father who came running. After one look he dialed 911 and rattled in his phone, "I need an ambulance and a shock team. I have a man here threatening to go into shock and he gave his name and address."

Steve was hardly aware of what was happening. The doctor looked at him and saw the blood soaking the car seat. He said to Steve, "I have to get you down and flat on your back. That's not going to be pleasant. Are you ready?"

The parents, with the help of the girls, carefully manhandled him on a blanket on the ground and put his legs up. There the doctor saw the damage done by the tree.

Softly he swore to himself, "I hope that bloody ambulance will be here in time." Carefully he started to palpate the wound and its surroundings. He felt the ribs give way and sharp ends pricking through the skin.

Finally, he heard the sirens of the ambulance and the shock team wailing through the silent morning.

Carefully Steve was transferred to a stretcher and they started a drip to replace the lost fluids with blood plasma. Miranda was helped into the ambulance and the ambulance left, wailing and flashing again to the hospital.

When they arrived, Steve was transferred to the shock room and Miranda was shown the waiting room. In her hand she had Steve's phone.

She didn't want to be alone and the only person she could think of was her mother.

She tried to unlock the phone she had it right in one try. Her birthday. She pushed the speed button and after a minute or two she heard the sleepy voice, "Steve?"

"Mum," she said in a small voice, "Mum, Steve has an accident and is in hospital and it's bad."

She started to cry.

"Where are you?" She heard her mother ask.

"In the 'General'

"I'll be there in 45 minutes."

Kathryn turned to her one-night stand and woke him roughly. "Sorry, you have to go. My ex needs me."

The man grumbled, "What? You chuck me out because of your ex? He's your ex! So let him rot wherever he is."

"Out! It's my ex and I still love him dearly. Now get moving!"

Fifteen minutes later two wide, parallel black stripes adorned Kathryn's driveway.

Half an hour later after breaking about every traffic rule in existence, she parked her car with screeching tires and ran inside.

Panting she arrived where Miranda was waiting. The girl was nervously pacing the room. She saw her mother and started crying again and sobbed, "He's been operated on and they won't tell me anything more."

Steve's phone vibrated and Kathryn looked at it and asked, "Do you know Tricky?"

Miranda nodded yes and took the phone, "Hi Patricia. It's Miranda. Dad is not available."

Kathryn winced when Miranda called Steve dad and again regret and remorse hit her. She wanted to cry but she had to keep herself strong. She heard Miranda explain what happened at the camp.

"Dad woke us when the weather became bad and to search for Ms. Garlant. Her tent was almost washed away in the stream. When dad checked she was not in it. Later I found out that her car was gone too. Dad said that we were going home because he needed a doctor. When we were at the last address, he became so sick and they had to call a shock team? Dad is now operated on in the shock room of the hospital. 'The General'." Came out Miranda in one big rush.

Patricia explained that she wanted to collect the remaining two video traps and found the camp deserted. She called because she wanted to know if everybody was alright. She promised to look at the footage and store it because it might be needed and she promised to take care of the camp tomorrow.

Kathryn looked for her phone and remembered that, in the hurry to get to the hospital, she left it on the nightstand.

She used Steve's phone to call Noa Donne. She related what Miranda told Steve's friend.

Noa told her that she wouldn't expect Miranda at school as long as Steve was in danger and that she would inform her father that Kathryn was unavailable for the time being.

She ended softly with. "Kathryn, I know that you are still in love with him, but he also still loves you. This is your chance. Go for it."

Noa ended the call leaving a confused Kathryn behind.

Kathryn suddenly was in turmoil. She thought, She knows Robert Donne Sr? Shit she is Jr's sister! How come I never made that connection? That's why she's so well informed. I know that they like each other very much. But she said Steve still loves me?

She shook herself and turned to Miranda saying, "He'll come through. Steve is very strong willed and this hospital has a very good reputation."

The wait was long, very long.

At regular intervals someone came checking on them but nobody had news, good or bad.

Finally, at the beginning of the evening someone came out and introduced herself as Dr. Samuelson. "It's under control now. We finally found the ruptured vein, we also noticed the ruptured diaphragm that caused it.

"Luckily it wasn't the artery nearby. He would've been dead within minutes.

"We had to repair that and as long as that wasn't done, we didn't want you to give false hope.

"He is not out of the woods yet. He has other issues as well, such as a few broken ribs, a very bruised hip bone. I think it was dislodged for a moment before it snapped into place again. But I think you can safely go home and take a rest. We'll call you if there is any news but. For now, we keep him in an induced coma."

Kathryn asked, "Can we see him?"

Dr Samuelson replied gently, "You can, but I would advise against it. It is not a pleasant sight. His eyes are taped shut. There are tubes coming out everywhere and the bandages don't hide much either. Tomorrow will be better. We know more about his condition by then too. I would add that a man with a lesser condition either mentally or physically would be in the morgue by now instead of our intensive care."

Mid Monday morning.

Patricia was clearing the remains of the campsite. She had downloaded the footage from the video traps and checked whether there was anything to see at all. She was amazed. Steve even built in a microphone so she had sight and sound. For the time being she let them stay where they were.

Suddenly she heard a car arriving. When she looked, she saw Rachel Garlant stepping out and walking toward the camp.

Patricia intercepted the woman saying, "You have guts! How dare you? Why did you leave without saying anything to Steve?"

"Where is everybody?" Rachel asked, taken aback by the malice in the voice of Patricia.

"What do you think? At home perhaps?"

"Oh good. I can go home again."

"And Steve is in hospital. Your fault stupid bitch."

Rachel went red. "Don't take that tone with me! You have no right!" She said in a loud voice.

"You went away without warning him. That's why my friend is in the hospital. That gives me every right lazy cunt."

"I warned him. It's his own stupidity." Rachel lied. It was her word against Steve's and he is 'blue-collar and she had the wealth and clout of her father behind her.

"We'll see. Now get out of my sight before I throw you into the water to get your tent."

Rachel quickly retreated to her car and went home, praising herself lucky to be absolved from clearing the camp and to have an extra free afternoon.

She drove fast and came home at 1pm. She opened the door and immediately saw the light from the answering machine welcoming her. She thought out loud, "I'm not at home, I am still at the camp so I can't answer."