Matrimonium Interuptus

Story Info
About birds, bees, love and betrayal.
23.6k words
4.3
47.2k
108
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear reader.

This story is pure fiction and has no relation to reality whatsoever.

I don't have any experience with whichever legal system, either in Europe or any other part of the world so I just dreamt something up. Please don't come after me because it's improbable or not correct.

Of course everything and everybody engaged in any sexual activity is 18 years or older.

This story is edited by Turning502019.

Will, thank you for all the hard work, taking this story to the next level and making this into a decent read.

=====

Steve looked at his wife of seven years. He said a little angry, "That's short notice. Didn't you know this earlier?"

Kathryn, or mostly Kathy or Kat replied curtly, "Would it make a difference if you knew it a month ago? You are home all the time. So now you know."

"I have my work and my assignments too and I'm..."

"That joke of a job?" Kat interrupted. "Don't make me laugh. It's a hobby. Nothing more. Your job is to run the household."

Steve was taken aback. He looked at his wife, silently fuming. Finally, he stood, while saying bitterly, "Good to know my place in this marriage. The housekeeper with benefits. If I get such comments from my employer perhaps it's time to resign. Well, I have two weeks to think about that while the boss is gone. Now if you excuse me. I have a hobby to do."

Kat looked at the disappearing back of her husband. She muttered to herself, "Shit, that didn't go well. You should've handled it better."

She thought about it. Indeed, Steve's income was much less impressive than hers. But he stopped working full-time when, within a year she got promoted twice. Steve would be able to match her income easily if he would work full time.

He took better care of the household than she ever could. But most important, he took care of her fourteen-year-old daughter better than she ever could. They were soulmates from the moment they met eight years ago. Miranda talked about everything with Steve and told Steve everything. Steve was even responsible for Miranda's sex education and bought her first sanitary napkins. His work was on the backburner on her behalf.

She also realized that her boss's flirtations and compliments were getting to her. He always talked derogatory about Steve too. According to Robert Donne Junior the man in the house should be responsible for the income from the household and not piggyback on his wife. She felt flattered and sexy with him around and his insinuations started to get feet on the ground in her mind.

====

Steve Poulsson was 26 years old when he met five years older Kathryn Brandt at a party organized by a friend of Steve. Steve and his friend were members of a bird-watching club albeit Steve was much less of a fanatic as the rest of the club.

He was tolerated because of his little inventions like an automatic tracker for a telescope. When the bird was near the center of the scope's view, one pushed a button and the scope stayed centered and in focus even when the bird flew away. The camera automatically kept shooting.

Steve just finished university with a Ph.D. as an engineer in nanotechnology and held a master's degree as industrial designer and now worked freelance for some serious companies and he was earning good money.

His friends meant well and after being two years without a girlfriend they started to send women in his direction. But Steve was weary. He came out of a very toxic relationship where his fiancée had him dangling for almost a year after he found out that she cheated on him. She tried to reconcile but, in the end, Steve discovered it was all a ruse to get at his designs. Steve was in love with her and his fiancée had him almost literally by the balls. To get what she wanted she even tried a divorce lawyer because she lived with Steve for the last six months, they were together. Without result and a steep lawyer's bill to pay.

At a party a bird-watching friend had organized, Steve and Kat were almost automatically pushed together, because the rest only talked about birds or bird related topics.

Steve was a slender man with a sinewy musculature, who liked to run and climb. He was not a mountaineer but a serious boulderer and sports-climber as his calloused hands and broad wrists witnessed. His climbing level was well above 5. Almost at a professional level.

He was wearing glasses, hiding his green-brown eyes. He had unruly dark auburn hair and wore clothing just a tad too big for his frame. Steve was a good conversationalist and could talk about a wide range of topics. He clammed up though when it became personal.

At first Kathryn didn't want anything to do with him. She too saw Steve as the umpteenth blind date set-up for her. Steve seemed to be aware of that and left her alone after a few polite words.

When Kathryn needed to go home because of the babysitter, her official date was nowhere to be found. The host called Steve to the rescue because Steve very rarely drank alcohol and this time was no exception. So, Kathryn found herself in Steve's luxurious SUV on the way to her home explaining why she had a seven-year-old daughter when Steve, out of the blue, blurted, "I planned myself out of any commitments this weekend wanting to visit the zoo and have a trip on the lake tomorrow. If your daughter likes zoos, I'll be glad to invite you both for the day."

"Why would you ask a total stranger to the zoo?" Kathryn asked suspiciously

"Because most children like zoos and I like children. And I surmise that you don't want me to go alone with your daughter, hence the invitation to the both of you."

Kathryn thought about it. It would be a nice change from the standard weekend routine and yes, Miranda liked zoos very much. On top of that, her laptop would be out of reach and some 'down-time' would do her good. She worked for an investment company which bought small, promising companies on behalf of the big ones before they could become a serious threat or because they wanted their ideas. The pressure to do it right was relentless so her laptop was always up and running.

The next day was a resounding success and from the moment Miranda and Steve were introduced they were best friends. At first Steve only came around to see Miranda while Kathryn slowly fell in love with the gentle man.

After three months of hints and flirting, trying to get a reaction out of Steve she had enough.

After another day at the lake where Steve helped her daughter to overcome her fear for water, they had dinner. After a nice dinner, while Steve told Miranda a bedtime story, Kathryn undressed before the mirror and inspected her body. She was a slightly voluptuous dirty blonde, large eyes and generous lips in a round face with high cheekbones. But she was well in proportion with her 5ft 7in. She had firm large breasts with puffy nipples, a flat tummy and a nice butt. Her pubic hair was cut short and showed a glimpse of her labia. The only thing she was a little unhappy with were her legs. She found them short and too stocky.

She stepped out of the bathroom and waited just outside the door of Miranda's room and when Steve stepped out, he had his back to her. Kat called his name and when he turned around, she molded herself in his arms and said with her heart hammering in her chest, "My bedroom is the other way. I want a bedtime story too."

Kathryn led him in the bedroom, pulled his head down and kissed him with a vengeance that surprised even herself.

She couldn't contain herself anymore and started to rip off his clothing. When she finally had her hand in his boxer shorts, she was shocked and became a little apprehensive. Steve sported a way bigger cock than her ex-husband or occasional lover. She felt the big acorn and the hard ridge where the shaft ended.

Her anxiety was unwarranted. Steve was an attentive and gentle lover and even then, she needed several times to bite down on a pillow to muffle her screams during the orgasms he brought on. His former fiancée taught him well, very well.

Nine months later they were married.

====

Kathryn didn't sleep well. Steve never emerged from his den. When she asked him to come to bed, he flatly turned her down. Now they had breakfast. She asked, "Are you still mad at me?"

Steve looked up and said, with angry eyes boring in hers, "You have no idea. When you are back, we are going to have a serious discussion whether this marriage is worth saving. For the last few months, your attitude toward me, and even more important, toward Miranda is abominable and getting worse by the day."

Kathryn looked down at her plate, "I'm sorry, I'm under a lot of pressure lately. Can we talk about it while you take me to the airport?"

Steve exploded. "What's the matter with you? No, I can't! I'm the housekeeper, the nanny and the punching bag, but not the driver and when have you looked at the calendar for the last time? Today is the parent-teacher conference. At 10am. It said so for months on the calendar. Can you remember the last time you looked at the thing or went to school for your daughter? Now if you will excuse me, I have other things to do."

Steve stomped out of the kitchen leaving his wife shocked to the core behind. Steve had never lost it before and had never shouted at her. On top of that she felt deeply ashamed. He was right about Miranda. He was more of a father to her than she was a mother. She ordered a taxi and when the taxi arrived Steve had left without even saying goodbye.

In the taxi her frustration turned into anger. How dare he treat her like that. Wasn't she the one that brought home the money for their cushy lifestyle and his silly hobbies? He could have said goodbye. After all, she was gone for two weeks.

Two days later.

Steve was working on a project. It could mean a new assignment and a steady income for the years to be. He had dinner with Miranda. And as an iron rule he stayed with her until she went to bed. He went back to his den after that. He stretched and saw his reflection in the window. You are getting soft, old man. Look at that pouch you are sporting. There was hardly anything to show for, but too much for Steve to feel comfortable with.

He resolved to do something about it and looked up the internet for a gym or better yet, an indoor-climbing hall with a gym. He found just what he was looking for. When he had finished the intake-form his phone went off.

He looked at it. It was a friend from the bird-watching club. Steve thought it strange because it was a long time ago that he had contact with these people. Even so, he decided to take it.

"Harry, it's been a long time since we spoke. What can I do for you?"

"Steve, Can I ask you if you are still married to that Brandt woman?"

"Yes. Though the road is a bit bumpy at the moment."

I don't know how to say this to you, so I'll just start. I've spotted your wife in the resort at Birds Island. Now I have some bad news to tell you."

"Go on. I won't shoot the messenger. I'm listening." Replied Steve. An icy ball started to form in his stomach. Suddenly he had some inkling as to what he was going to hear.

"She is there with a couple of guys and another broad and they are doing the dirty. Big time. It almost looks like an orgy. They have no concerns whatsoever and they are oblivious to the fact that in a bird sanctuary there are also people with high-end cameras with very powerful tele-lenses."

"That means that you have taken pictures of them while doing so?"

"Yes. And even though they might think that nobody has GSM reception, the club has a satellite-phone with internet. I can send them."

Harry, I'm indebted to you. Can you do me a favor and take some more?"

"I can do better. I can film them. Their bungalow and pool are less than a thousand feet from the birdwatcher hut, and we have an uninterrupted view. They have that too but pay no attention to their surroundings at all."

"Thanks. Can you send what you have over? I still have the same email address. And thank you for the heads-up. Now I know why she was treating us like shit."

Half an hour later Steve watched ten high-definition pictures as proof of Kathryn's infidelity. He started crying. It took him the best part of the night to get his emotions under control. After that he went to work. Among the first things he did was opening an offshore bank account and starting his own company for industrial design and engineering.

====

Nine days later.

Kathryn had enough. What started as an exciting strategy and policy making fortnight turned into something very sleazy. Her boss finally broke down her barriers and because she had been angry and frustrated, she had let herself be seduced. Now, she only felt used and ashamed. The man wasn't nearly as skilled as Steve, his only goal was getting himself off. Luckily, she prevented any pictures being taken.

Kathryn suggested that since there was no reception here, the phones stayed in the resort's vault together with the passports. Her companions were already halfway drunk and just agreed. Now it was Friday afternoon, the day after tomorrow they would start their journey back. If all went well, she would be home on Monday.

Meanwhile Steve hadn't been idle too. He received updates from Birds Island up to the Wednesday evening before Kathryn went home. That day his friend left the island. Steve went through his contacts and found what he wanted. A law firm for which he, as a friend's service, did some design work for. One of their lawyers was a bird fanatic. He called them and made an appointment.

That same Friday Kathryn was evaluating her holiday Steven went to meet Miranda's mentor Noa Donne at school. He explained to her that Kathryn and he were getting a divorce and that Kathryn will be served with the papers on Tuesday. He didn't have to explain that the impact on Miranda would be devastating. He also stressed that if there was anything Miranda needed, he was to be called and gave her his new phone number.

Friday morning Steve had a difficult conversation with his in-laws. Robert, his father-in-law asked for the form, "And you are sure you can't work it out and get over it?"

"No Sir. I can show you the pictures and have you convinced in a heartbeat. I don't want to do that to you. Please Sir, I do not do this without reason. I'll bring Miranda over at the end of the afternoon so I can pack my things and Miranda has one last peaceful weekend for a long time to come."

Martha, his mother-in-law just softly cried, hugged him and said, "Please, don't become a stranger. Let us know how you are coping."

Steve didn't reply, softly kissed Martha on her forehead and left.

====

Friday evening Kathryn told the man to tie a knot in it. She wouldn't play along anymore. She was sore and wanted his muck out of her system before she faced her husband again. She still had some hurdles to take at home.

She reckoned that she had a major job in placating her husband and convincing him that she loved him. Her boss, Robert Jr. tried to talk her into it one more time, because, according to him, it wouldn't make any difference. Especially if he could do her analy. Kathryn promised him that if he tried, he would go home without the body part he loved the most. His dick.

====

When Kathryn, half asleep, flew through the Sunday night into the Monday morning a little voice started nagging. And the voice became more insistent. Suddenly she sat upright. The enormity of what she had done the last fourteen days almost literally dawned on her. Outside it was sunrise when guilt almost overcame her. Her only consolation was that Steve would never know and she resolved to make it up to him for the rest of their lives.

====

Tired and hungry Kathryn sat in the back of a taxi driving her home. All she wanted was a bath, some sleep and to be ready for her husband when her phone went. An unknown number.

"Kathryn Brandt speaking."

"This is the secretary from Robert Donne Sr. You are wanted at the office at eleven."

"It's still my holiday. I'm dead on my feet."

"If you value your job, it would be wise to snow up. Have a nice day."

Kathryn sighed deeply. Now she just had time to take a shower and drive to the office.

At eleven she stepped into the conference room. There were, beside herself, her boss, the two others from the holiday, a woman and an older man she didn't recognize. Her boss looked sick and trembled each time the old man looked at him.

The old man started without introductions, "Friday a week ago I had a visitor with some extremely disturbing news. As a result of that my son is relieved of his position within this company. Now. You three, explain to me what the purpose was for this vacation on Birds Island."

When she heard these words, she needed all her self-control to prevent her bowels loosening their contents. Her female colleague tried, "We were developing a new strategy for take-overs."

Mr. Donne scoffed, "By fornicating? A fortnight long? That must be quite a strategy. But you must be thinking that I am an idiot. And I am NOT! This man reminded me of the protocols and the rules of this company. Those rules you agreed and signed for when you all three signed your new contract four months ago. Now this man was anything but stupid. He walked in with a lawyer in attendance and had this company by the balls so I couldn't do anything but to settle. Let me enlighten you about this."

Mr. Donne looked at the now very white faces of Kathryn and her two other colleagues. He waited to let the message sink in. Then he relentlessly went on, "First. Your spouses are getting all the evidence from your orgy in the mail today. If they decide to divorce, I must pay for their lawyer. And boy he found one of the best.

"Second. I'm not allowed to fire you except that piece of dick on legs which calls himself my son. And I cannot allow you to break open the contract and leave too. So, you're mine for the duration.

"From this moment on, your careers have flatlined, every bonus, if there will be one, will be used to pay me back the lawyer's fees. There are other things but they are not of your concern. If there are any questions, ask them to my lawyer sitting there." He pointed to the unknown woman. "If not, dismissed! Get out of my sight!"

Mr. Donne Sr. walked out of the room. Kathryn jumped out of her chair and almost ran to her car. She needed to be home before the mail arrived so she could intercept it.

She had never been so quick to arrive. Her drive back was barely within the city's traffic limits.

Kathryn opened the door and called out, "Honey!" She called once more, this time louder, "Steve!"

Still no answer. She took a deep breath and exhaled forcefully. "Thank God, he isn't home yet." She said out loud and thought, now I can get some sleep until the mail arrives.

She went to the couch, laid down and through sheer exhaustion fell asleep.

Her phone woke her up. It was her mother. "Kathryn, do you pick Miranda up from school, or do you want us to do that?"

"Mother, why do you ask. Steve of course. He always does."

"Honey, I think that that's not going to happen anymore. We'll get Miranda. You're too late already as it is. We'll let her stay another night.

At that time, Steve had a difficult and emotional talk with Miranda. Miranda's mentor Ms. Noa Donne who was there as well for support afterwards. He decided to be honest about what had happened without too much detail. He started without preliminaries, "Miranda, I'm going to divorce your mother."

Miranda had tears in her eyes but didn't look very surprised. She replied, "Because she has been treating you like shit, the last few months."

"No. It's much worse. She's been cheating on me. I was ready to address the treatment she gave us. Yes, she treated you badly too. And you are her daughter."