Max Burnage Ep. 03: A Time To Burn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Keep it quiet and don't give us any cause to come in here," the sheriff said. "Got it?"

"Got it," they said, almost in unison. The sheriff came back out into the main office and nodded to Eli and Amos.

"They'll be safe and sound here, Eli, don't worry about about a thing."

"Thank you, sheriff," Eli said. He turned to Amos. "You ready to head home?"

"I'm ready, Grandpa," he said. They tipped their hats and left.

"I'll take care of the car, then stop by and see the kids later if that's alright," Eli told Amos when they got on their horses.

"Sounds good to me, Grandpa," Amos said. "You know the kids love it when you come by."

...

About two weeks later, Max drove Terry to the airport and boarded the flight that would take them to Spokane,Washington. In those two weeks, Terry ran and worked out in order to get ready for the harsh training he knew he would get at Camp Rollins.

Max had told Terry what to expect, and gave him some tips on how to get through the worst of it. He told Terry that while the physical part was rough, the worst part was mostly mental. He even played videos of Marine Corps recruit training so Terry would have an idea of what to expect.

Once they arrived at Spokane, Max walked him to the small bus that would take him to Camp Rollins in neighboring Idaho. They shook hands as they said their farewell.

"Remember what I told you," Max said. "And you'll do just fine."

"Thanks," Terry said nervously. "For everything."

"You're welcome," Max told him. "I'll see you in three months." Terry got on the bus and looked out the window as they traveled east across the state line, then north to the camp. When he got off the bus, he realized that Max was right about the camp.

"Oh. My. Fucking. Gawd," the large man yelled from his perch overlooking the small group of men standing in the lot. "How in the hell do they expect me to make men when they won't even send me human fucking beings to start with? This is the sorriest gaggle of illiterate cum bubbles I have ever seen in my entire fucking life! Christ on a motherfucking bicycle!" He turned his attention to the sergeant overseeing the frightened new arrivals. "Get this sorry-assed bunch of worms out of my sight and get them processed before I start cussing!"

"Yes, Sergeant," the other man said before walking the group to processing. What have I got myself into, Terry thought to himself.

...

When he got home from Spokane, he found Adrestia in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on their evening meal. He walked up behind her, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.

"That smells good," he said. "What are you cooking up tonight?"

"Meatloaf," she said, returning his kiss. "I hope you don't mind a simple meal tonight."

"I love whatever it is you make," he told her.

"I'm glad," she said. "You know, I kinda like making meals like this for you. After a day of dispensing justice, it's nice to come here and do little things like this."

"I'll bet it is. Truth is, I like it too. By the way, have I told you lately that I love you?"

"Not since you left with Terry this morning."

"Well, I love you," he said, kissing her face.

"And I love you too," she said. "So, how is Terry doing?"

"He was a bit nervous when I left, but that's normal. I'm sure he'll do just fine." They ate their dinner, then retired to the bedroom where they spent the rest of the night making tender love.

The next three months went by quickly for Terry, Max and Adrestia. Terry adjusted to life in the camp and followed the advice Max had given him. The physical part of the training was harder than anything he had experienced, but after a few weeks, he saw a distinct improvement in himself, both physically and mentally.

He found the counseling sessions and group therapy quite helpful in dealing with his own feelings of inadequacy, and he relished the training he received. He couldn't wait to see Johnson just one more time. Meanwhile, Max and Adrestia went about their normal business and prepared for the upcoming confrontation and trial.

The same three months, however, were hard for Tim and the three women. The days seemed to drag on forever, especially since they didn't have access to anything electronic -- no phone, no Internet and no television. They didn't even have access to hot and cold running water.

It was a bit more than two months before a lawyer came in to see them. Tim thought he could use his old tricks to get himself out of his predicament, but the lawyer shot him down right off.

"Truth is, Johnson, you and your accomplices are basically fucked," the lawyer said.

"I haven't even been told what it is I'm charged with," Johnson said.

"Oh, please, what do you take me for? An idiot? You know what you did to Engels and the other men. Thing is, the judge knows it as well. And there's nothing you can do to sway her. Best thing is for you to throw yourself at her mercy," the lawyer said.

"This is bullshit and you know it," Tim growled.

"You use that tone with the judge, and you'll really be up shit creek," the lawyer said. "Literally."

"Whose side are you on? Are you going to defend us or not?"

"I'll do what I can, but let's be honest here. There IS no defense for what you did. Best you own up to it and take your punishment like a man. The judge respects that. She won't have any mercy if you go into that courtroom with this attitude."

"What is she gonna do? Huh? Make us pay a fine? Give me a break."

"You still don't get it, do you, Johnson?" the lawyer asked. "This isn't your run-of-the-mill judge. She's been around since the beginning of time and her decisions have eternal consequences."

"Maybe we'd be better off representing ourselves."

"Have it your way. Just remember, a man who represents himself has a fool for a client. But if that's the way you want it, then so be it. Good luck to ya." With that, the lawyer stood up and left the room. Later that day, when their dinner was brought to them, Tim spoke to the sheriff.

"What's all that racket we've been hearing outside?" he asked.

"They're building the gallows for you and your posse," the sheriff said.

"Gallows?" Tim asked, his face turning white.

"Of course. That's generally what's needed for a hangin'. Gotta tell ya, the whole town is looking forward to it. Ain't been a multiple hangin' here in a very long time. People from all over are coming in just to see it."

"You gotta be kidding me?"

"Nope," the sheriff said. "Gonna be a big day. Enjoy yer meal."

...

Terry was with his classmates on the final evening before his graduation. Three of the hardest months of his life were finally coming to an end. But he felt stronger and more alive than at any time in his life. Now, he was taking part in the traditional "Burn The Bitch" ceremony that marked the end of their training.

The students in the class attached pictures of their wives on a straw figure, which was raised up and attached to a pole with rope. A large pile of wood was stacked at the base of the pole. One of the students was called out and handed a lit torch by the instructor.

"Burn the bitch!" the instructor commanded.

"Sir! Burn the bitch! Aye, aye, sir!" the student responded. He lit the pile of wood, and the fire quickly engulfed the straw figure. Terry joined the students as they chanted, "burn, burn, burn!" As the figure burned, the students went wild, pumping their fists into the air, howling and chanting.

Terry could see the faces of the three women who destroyed him burning to ash in his mind and smiled. When the figure fell on the ground, the students danced and chanted and some urinated on the figure. This continued until the figure was reduced to ashes.

The next day, they were in formation as the Camp Commander, John Sykes, addressed them.

"You men have come a long way since you arrived," he said. "You came here, scared, uncertain about your future, defeated and humiliated by the ones you loved the most. Now, you've gotten your manhood back. You look like men with the confidence to take on the world. You have the tools and the wherewithal to take on and successfully complete whatever you set out to do.

"I wish the best for each one of you. Remember, we're here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need anything -- anything at all -- even someone to talk to, we're here for you. Now, go and take on the world!"

The sergeant did an bout-face and stood in front of the class for the last time.

"Class, attention! Dis...missed!" They whooped and hollered as they picked up their bags and headed to the bus, stopping long enough to shake the sergeant's hand. When Terry turned around, he saw Max. Max smiled and shook his hand.

"Good job, Terry," he said. "Are you ready for what's next?"

"I am, Max," he said. Just then, they heard a familiar voice. It was John Sykes, the Camp Commander.

"Burnage, isn't it?" he asked, extending a hand.

"Yes sir, it is," Max responded, shaking John's hand.

"How are you these days?" John asked.

"Doing very well, thanks for asking."

"I'm pleased to hear that," John said. "By the way, I've talked the company into listing your agency as a resource. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all," Max said. "I appreciate it very much."

"Good," John said. "It's good to see you again, Max. Take care, and don't be a stranger."

"Thank you, John, I won't," Max said. They said their goodbyes and Max turned to Terry.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm more than ready," Terry told him.

"Have you done what Adrestia asked? Have you given any thought to what you want to have happen to Johnson and your three exes?"

"I did, and I sent her a letter just like she asked," Terry said.

"Alright. When we get back to my place, Adrestia will take us to where they're being held. The trial will begin then."

"Think I might be able to see them before the trial starts?"

"I think that can be arranged," Max said. They flew back and met Adrestia at Max's house.

"Are you ready for this?" she asked. Terry nodded his head. "Alright, take my hand." Terry grasped her left hand as Max took her right. The next thing they knew, they were in front of the old western-style jail where Johnson, Donna, Kayla and Amber were being held.

"Where are we?" Terry asked as he looked around. For a moment, he thought he had stepped back in time.

"This is a representation of the town Eli lived in before he joined the Army," Adrestia said. "I need to prepare for the trial. Go on inside. The sheriff is expecting you. Eli and his grandson are here as well. Eli will see that you get home." As Adrestia walked toward the saloon, where the trial would be held, Max and Terry went into the sheriff's office.

"Mr. Burnage, Mr. Engels, I presume," the sheriff said, shaking their hands. "I'm Sheriff Dillon. Good to meet you."

"Good to meet you, sheriff," Terry said. "You think I might be able to see the four defendants for a couple minutes?"

"Oh, I reckon we can do that," the sheriff said with a knowing smile. He opened the door to the cells and spoke to the deputy in the hallway. "Are those four ready yet? They've got a visitor."

"Coming, sheriff," they heard the deputy say. A couple minutes later, Tim, Donna, Kayla and Amber were escorted into the main office, all of them in shackles. The three girls looked like hell. They wore no makeup and their slutty outfits had been replaced by long plain dresses that fell to the floor. The lye soap they had been forced to use the last three months hadn't done much for their skin.

They looked at Terry, not recognizing him at first. He seemed much larger than before, much more confident.

"Terry? Is that really you?" Amber asked. "Please, you have to help us. Get us out of here." Terry laughed out loud.

"After what the four of you have done to me all these years, you honestly think I'm going to help you? You're out of your fucking mind. I do have a personal score to settle with ol' Timmy here, though. Sheriff, would you mind taking those chains off Johnson for a couple minutes?" Sheriff Dillon looked at Eli, who smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Go ahead, he won't go anywhere," Eli said. The sheriff grabbed his key ring and took the heavy chains off of Tim. Terry stood in front of Tim, daring him to take a swing. Tim looked at Terry, confused. Who was this man? This wasn't the Terry Engels he had spent years bullying. There was something decidedly different about Terry, and the change frightened him.

"You wanna take a swing?" Terry asked with a wicked smile. He waited a few seconds and spoke again when Tim did nothing. "No? Okay, then I'll take the first swing." He reared back and punched Tim in the stomach, causing him to fall to the floor, gasping for breath. Terry leaned over him.

"Get up, Goddammit," he said. "Get up and face me, you scum sucking, putrid piece of dog shit. I said, GET UP!" The three girls were stunned. They had never seen Terry act like this. Amber came forward.

"Terry, please, no more," she begged. He looked at her with hatred in his eyes, causing her to recoil.

"Stay away from me, you worthless hypocritical cunt," he growled. She backed away, scared. Who was this man, she thought to herself. And where was the meek Terry she had married? He looked back at Tim, who was frozen in place with fear.

"I thought a lot about killing you with my bare hands, you know that?" Terry hissed. "But frankly, you're not worth the effort. You need to suffer -- for a very, very long time." Sheriff Dillon intervened, gently pulling on Terry's sleeve.

"Let him up, Terry, he'll get what's coming to him," he said. Terry nodded his head and backed away. The sheriff helped Tim get up and placed the shackles back on him. "Alright, let's go. We can't keep the judge waiting."

They all stepped out of the office and walked across the street to the saloon, where the hearing would take place. As they walked, Terry saw the gallows with four ropes.

"Is that for them?" he asked the sheriff.

"Yup," the sheriff said. Terry nodded his head and continued on in silence. They made their way through the growing crowd and entered the saloon, where a number of others were already seated. The sheriff seated Johnson and the three women, then motioned to the seats reserved for Max, Eli, Amos and Terry. A few moments later, a sheriff's deputy came out and made his announcement.

"Court is in session. All rise for the Honorable Judge Adrestia Rhamnousia," he said. Everyone stood and Adrestia came out from the back wearing a long robe. Her eyes glowed as if on fire. She took her place behind the bar, which now served as her bench. She looked at everyone in the room before nodding her head.

"Be seated," she stated firmly. Everyone sat down in their chairs. This was the first time Max had personally witnessed his beloved Adrestia in her role as a presiding judge. It would be an understatement to say he was overwhelmed by her mere presence.

"Bring the prisoners forward," she commanded. The sheriff stood and motioned for Tim and the three girls to stand and take their place before the judge. Adrestia considered them for a few moments before speaking.

"Just so you know, this is not a trial to determine your guilt. You have already been found guilty of the charges against you. This is a hearing to announce your sentence. Do you understand?"

"No, your honor, I don't," Tim said. "I don't even know what we've been charged with. We don't even have legal representation. We were never given a chance to defend ourselves. Aren't we innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?" Adrestia smiled.

"Impertinent to the very end, I see," she said. "You have violated laws and precepts that were put in place long before any human legislature put pen to paper. Your own words, thoughts and actions have been laid bare, and they have convicted you beyond any shadow of a doubt."

As she spoke, a large monitor suddenly appeared behind her, and video of Tim, Terry and the three girls played on the monitor for everyone to see. The crowd gasped as Tim forced Terry to swallow his cum. They gasped as they heard Tim declare his own superiority and dominance over Terry and any woman he would ever form a relationship with.

They also saw Tim assault and beat Terry, tying him to a chair, then watched as Terry consumed the cum-laden lasagna that Amber had made for him.

"You were offered legal representation a month ago, but you refused to accept it. You also refused to accept the lawyer's recommendation and said you wished to represent yourself." She turned to the three girls.

"The three of you conspired with this... man... to deliberately destroy Mr. Engels -- physically, emotionally and financially. You knew exactly what Mr. Johnson wanted, but you didn't care. The only thing Mr. Engels ever did to you was love you -- perhaps a bit too much. But he DID love you. And you turned your back on him." She paused as she took a breath.

"It is only by Mr. Engels' request that I am temporarily setting aside the death penalty for each of you," she added. Tim and the three girls looked at each other in shock, then looked at Terry, who showed no emotion as he watched the proceedings.

"Instead," she continued, "you will suffer as Mr. Engels has suffered for the rest of your existence however long that may be. You will lose all you hold dear. You have sown to the wind. And now, you will reap the whirlwind." She picked up a large gavel and brought it down on the bar counter, hard.

"Court is adjourned. Take them to the gallows," she ordered. Tim and the girls shook their heads and begged as Sheriff Dillon and his deputies rushed them out of the courtroom. The crowd followed, buzzing with talk. Max, Eli, Amos and Terry followed Adrestia to the gallows.

The four were led up the stairs to the high platform where they would meet their fate. Adrestia followed them and watched as the ropes were placed around their necks, the long knot positioned just right. Adrestia spoke to them briefly.

"Do not think of this as death," she told them. "Think of this as a transition from one plane of existence to another." She nodded her head, and hoods were placed on all four of them. She looked at the hangman and slowly nodded her head. He pulled the lever and trap doors opened underneath Tim and the four girls.

Before their bodies reached the limits of the ropes they were attached to, however, they disappeared in a flash of light. Four empty nooses swung in the breeze as four empty hoods floated to the ground. At first, Max was stunned.

He knew what Adrestia was capable of, but he never thought she could stand and watch as four humans were hung by the neck until they died. Then he realized what it was she had done -- the hanging wasn't real -- it was simply meant to strike a level of fear in Tim and the four girls while providing a doorway to their real fate.

Adrestia turned from the swinging ropes and quickly walked down the stairs and back into the saloon without saying anything to anyone. She was in "judge" mode and Max knew better than to interfere. He turned to Terry, and saw his face had softened a bit.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Terry nodded his head.

"Yeah," he said.

"I take it you know what's really happening to them?"

"Yes, I do," Terry told him. "Believe me, it would've been better for them to have died here. At least it would have been quick."

"I see," Max said. Eli and Amos came over to them.

"Let's get you two back," Eli said. "Adrestia will be along directly." He looked at Max. "I take it this is the first time you've actually watched her behind the bench."

"Yes," Max said quietly. "Don't get me wrong. I've always known what she's capable of. It's just the first time I've personally witnessed her in action like this."