Maya & Tarik - The Test Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hold on...is that why you were at the restaurant the night of my party? How did you even know about that?"

She waited for Victor to respond, but he was silent, just his breath heavy on the other end of the phone. Then it hit her...

"Oh my god. Wait. That night you showed up here early. You were eavesdropping on Tarik on the phone, weren't you?"

Maya's voice rose as she realized what was happening.

"I knew you were acting weird that night! And that's how you knew it was my birthday! Holy shit Victor! You don't even like Thai food! I remember you telling me that now!"

Victor was silent as Maya continued to realize that she and Tarik were right about everything that they thought was off with Victor. In fact, it was worse.

"And how did you know when I was working in the shed? What, were you spying on me from the road or something? And that's why you've been dressing differently isn't it? Trying to look like Tarik, copying his clothes and his beard. Oh my god Victor...what the fuck!"

She was now shouting into the phone, her voice growing angrier.

"Wow, and I defended you to Tarik that you were just lonely and innocent, but really you were just a fucking asshole. I should have known."

"Look, I'll come over; it's easier for me to explain in person, and you shouldn't be alone right now."

"No! Oh my God Victor, hell no! Don't you dare fucking come over here, absolutely not!"

Maya yelled into the phone before quickly disconnecting the call. As she stood there fuming and shaking with rage, she remembered that Victor still had the gate code, and she kept forgetting to change it. She raced to the front door and opened the panel for the gate controls, quickly making the change just as she saw car lights coming up along the road in the distance. He had obviously stayed close to the house.

Frantic, Maya called Tarik, leaving him a message, her voice filled with anger, telling him that Victor had planned all of this, was coming over and she had to change the gate code so he couldn't get in. Maya begged Tarik to come home and tearfully hung up. She saw no movement in the shed, and she was looking out the door when Victor's truck appeared at the gate. She watched from the door as he punched in a code and then punched it again when it didn't work the first time. Victor slammed the buttons with his fingers, desperately trying to get in. After a few minutes, Maya heard his voice come over the speaker. He sounded whiny and almost childlike.

"Maya, did you change the code? Please let me in, just let me explain, please..."

"Of course I changed the code Victor, you need to leave. Now. I want nothing more to do with you."

He continued to plead through the monitor.

"Please, Maya, I just want to see you. I didn't mean to hurt you...I just thought if I could make you see how much you needed and wanted me too, maybe you would want me just as much as Tarik, and I don't know...maybe more. I just wanted to...I'm sorry...I just love you so much."

Maya was furious, so angry that she couldn't even speak and could barely see straight. She was trembling with rage and fought the urge to go out and confront Victor face to face, ready to take her ire out on him completely. But she braced herself and stood quietly, waiting for him to leave. Her silence, however, enraged Victor. She could hear him cursing into the monitor, pushing the buttons on the keypad, still trying to get in. He let out a frustrated growl and smashed the buttons even harder, making Maya jump. She stayed pressed against the door so he couldn't see her. Even though just moments ago she had wanted to confront him, she was starting to feel afraid.

"Maya, if you don't open the gate, I will break it down. I need to see you," he yelled, revving his truck engine. "You can't keep me out forever. I will find a way to see you, I promise."

Victor continued to rant into the speaker, and after about half an hour, his voice became strained and tired. He was clearly trying to scare her with his threats, but now, he just sounded weak and hurt. Maya still didn't say anything back to Victor, and eventually, he faded away. She heard his car back out onto the road, and saw his headlights sweep across the driveway as he retreated. Depleted, Maya took one last look at the shed, and seeing it completely dark, lay on the couch in the great room, curled up into a ball, and cried herself into a fitful and short sleep.

With the drapes pulled, his headphones on, and his phone turned off, Tarik knew nothing of what was happening at the house. He paced in the loft, anger and despair alternating rapid-fire through his body. Deep down, he believed what Maya said about what happened with Victor, but he still felt angry that she waited to tell him it was over. And angry at Victor for trying to come between them. And angry at himself for not telling Maya what was really bothering him. Mostly though, he was disgusted with himself for putting the blame for his discomfort on Maya, even though he knew she was always telling him the truth.

Despite his anguish, he just couldn't face her tonight. When they've had disagreements in the past, they've always resolved them, and he had never intentionally taken space from her this way. Being away from her was agony, but his shame was also too much to bear. He was embarrassed that his emotions had taken control of him in such a way. He had never displayed anger like that toward Maya or raised his voice to her like when they fought in the car. His own behavior left him feeling sick.

He sat on the floor, his back against the couch, twisting his wedding ring around his finger. The thin gold band was simple, but for him, it meant so much. It represented the deep devotion he held for Maya, his pledge to care for and protect her, and his commitment to being her partner for life. The thought of Maya no longer being with him and how much he failed her felt like an anvil crushing his chest. The more he worried about her forgiveness, the harder he cried. His mind remained a rush of convoluted and confusing thoughts, paralyzing him. With heaving sobs rising up through his body, Tarik knew that he would go back to Maya in the morning and beg forgiveness, and he vowed that he would never doubt or leave her again.

In the morning, Maya awoke on the couch well before sunrise, her body stiff and her eyes still raw from all the tears she cried. The events of the night before came rushing back to her, and the despair returned to her chest. She had slept with her phone close to her all night, not worried about the electromagnetic radiation that Tarik always warned her about, hoping that he would call or text her. Checking her phone now, with no calls or messages from him, tightened the agony in her heart. Instead there were only muted messages from Victor, hundreds of them. She didn't even read his texts or respond, she just deleted them and blocked his phone number, ready to be done with him. Maya got up and poured a glass of water, the cool liquid soothing on her dry throat.

Grabbing a sweater for the surprisingly chilly morning, Maya stepped out onto the front deck and sat on the dew-covered stairs, looking up at the shed for signs of Tarik. But the heavy drapes were still pulled on the windows, and she knew that he was still blocking her out. Their cars remained in the driveway, so Maya knew he hadn't gone anywhere in the middle of the night, which gave her some small comfort. Planning on waiting all day and night for Tarik if she had to, Maya opened the gate so he could easily get back in and sat on the deck.

Tarik was also awake before sunrise, feeling lethargic and cold, his body aching for the comfort of Maya's warm skin and soft touch. Through a small slit in the drapes, Tarik could see her sitting on the front steps, huddled in her big sweater, her head in her hands, crying. He hid and watched her from the window of the loft. It reminded him of before they started dating when he would watch her go to and from her apartment, when he was so afraid of his love for her. And now, instead of the beautiful happy woman he so deeply cherished, he was looking at the love of his life, still beautiful but her eyes red and puffy from crying and clearly in distress. He turned on his phone, unsure of what time it was, and as it powered back on, all the messages and missed calls from a frantic Maya poured in. He couldn't bear to read them.

Maya sat on the top of the stairs, her hands on her knees as she tried to calm her sobs. Seeing a slight movement of one of the drapes in the window, she picked up her phone and dialed Tarik. He looked at his phone, Maya's name and photo bright on the screen. Unable to see Maya suffer any longer, Tarik was about to go outside when he saw Victor's truck pull up.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Tarik muttered as he opened the curtain a little further to get a better look.

Tarik felt a surge of anger swell within him to see Victor once again intruding. He watched as Maya stood up and slowly walked down the stairs, unsure what to expect. Quickly though, he could tell by her expression and the stiffness of her body that Victor's presence was not welcome, and the rage he was feeling turned to concern. He left the window and made his way down the loft stairs and toward the door.

Maya approached Victor's truck, and he rushed out, reaching out to hug her, but she stepped back and to the side, pushing him away.

"What the fuck are you doing here?! I told you it was over. How dare you step foot on this property."

By now, Tarik was walking down the road from the shed to the house. Maya saw him coming, and with her eyes flaring with rage, turned again to look at Victor. He looked rumpled and disheveled, and Maya knew immediately that he had slept in his car, probably on the side of the road.

"Did you sleep here last night, in your car?"

"Maya, I wanted to be here. In case you needed me."

"You think I would have needed you? How does that even make sense? Why the fuck would I need you? The only person I needed wasn't here last night because of you!"

Maya was so furious, she was shaking as she yelled at Victor. Victor tried to stammer out a response, but it was clear that Maya's ire was too great for any explanation. As Tarik entered the driveway, they walked toward each other, and Victor started to follow her, still desperate to explain. Victor grabbed her arm roughly, and Maya spun around to face him. She pushed him hard in the chest, sending him staggering backward. He was surprised at her strength, and a flash of anger came over him.

Victor came toward them again, this time finally noticing Tarik, who was walking quickly toward Maya, clearly enraged by Victor grabbing her. But she was having none of it. She took two steps toward Victor and shoved him hard again, her anger and need to protect Tarik giving her surprising strength, sending Victor reeling to the ground. She glowered at him, her mahogany eyes now resembling blazing embers.

"Do you honestly think that if you broke Tarik and me up that I would just come to you? That I could ever love you the way that I love him?"

She looked up at Tarik, who had reached her side and stood in front of her, his back to Victor. He tried to calm her, but her rage was unyielding.

"I could never love anyone the way that I love Tarik. Especially not you."

Maya spat the words at Victor as he sat on the gravel, and he suddenly looked crestfallen and sad, all of his anger sliding away. It was so eerie how quickly his moods changed. He looked up at Maya, now being restrained and held by Tarik as her body rattled with rage.

"I'm...I'm so sorry, Maya...I,"

Maya stepped around Tarik and stood in front of Victor, her fists clenched, looking as if she would strike him at any moment.

"No. Say nothing. And get off of our fucking property. Now."

The heat in Maya's voice and the fire in her eyes let Victor know that there was nothing he could say and that it was all over. He slowly stood up and without shaking the gravel dust from his clothes, got into his truck. For a moment, Victor sat stunned before the ferocity of Maya's glare prompted him to start his vehicle and slowly bring it around the circular drive toward the gate. In his rearview mirror, he saw Maya still standing there with clenched fists and an angry stare, Tarik behind her, his hands on her shoulders as he steadied her.

It took Maya several moments after Victor's truck pulled through the gate and it closed behind him, for her to finally breathe. As she unclenched her fists and took a deep breath, she felt all of her rage leave her body, and it was replaced with wracking sobs that brought her to her knees. She fell to the ground, and Tarik caught her, both sliding down to the dusty gravel. Maya sobbed and wailed as Tarik rocked her, smoothing her hair, and kissing her softly on her temples.

"Tarik, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I can't believe I let this happen...I can't..." she choked out through sobs.

Tarik shushed her and whispered, crying, "No, Maya, I'm sorry. I never should have doubted you."

"He told me everything he did, and he harassed me all night, and you were right, and I didn't see it, or couldn't see it, I don't know...I'm so sorry."

"I should have been here to protect you. I'm sorry... I should have been here..."

Tarik sobbed into Maya's shoulder as he squeezed her into him. "I will never leave you again, my love. I promise. Never."

They sat curled into each other on the drive until their sobs subsided, and the sun began to light up the sky. Feeling chilled by the cool morning, they returned to the house and retreated into a quiet bath together, the warm water soothing their raw emotions. Maya clung to Tarik, her arms and legs wrapped around him, her face buried in his chest. Tarik gently stroked her back and kissed the top of her head, murmuring reassuring words to her. Tarik had never seen Maya so angry, and he had never cried like the way he did this morning and the night before. The thought of losing Maya dredged up a great fear and despair that he had never felt in his life. He hoped this would be the last time they ever had to go through anything like this.

In the shower after their bath, Maya and Tarik touched each other tenderly, almost as if they were worried about physically hurting each other. The only sounds were of their breath and of the water falling around them. Maya let her fingertips run over Tarik's shoulders and chest, following the slight curve of his abdomen down to his hips. She drank him in as his tanned skin glistened under the water that trailed over his body. The summer had deepened the freckles on his shoulders and back, and Maya loved the way his hair had slight golden streaks in it from time in the sun.

His defined biceps and shoulders made their way to his rounded chest and the soft hair where Maya loved to lay her head. She leaned into him and stroked his thighs, their sinewy muscles reacting as her fingers danced along his legs, caressing the backs of his thighs and running her fingers over his firm and rounded buttocks. Maya looked down and watched the water wash over their feet, so close together. She sighed deeply and rested on Tarik's chest, her cheek pressed into him, suddenly starting to feel better. Just appreciating Tarik's body and his closeness to her made Maya feel so calm.

While she touched and caressed him, Tarik took in Maya as well. His fingers caressed Maya's softly sloped back, lightly grazing the sensitive spot between her shoulder blades. He let his hands wander over to Maya's breasts and nipples, the sound of her soft moan and deep breath like a balm to his soul. Tarik studied her skin. It was radiant in the shine of the water. He loved the varying shades on her body from the summer, her skin in places a creamy tan, and in others a deep golden brown. Tarik rested his hands on Maya's full hips, squeezing her flesh gently in his palms, luxuriating in her softness.

As she leaned into him, Tarik let his hands trail down and around Maya's hips, and lightly ran his fingers along the curve of her ass. He pressed his hands into her, rubbing her butt as he pulled her tighter to him. Tarik's strong hands grasped along the back of her thighs, their meat and muscle firm yet yielding under his touch as he sank into the crease between her ass and legs. He sighed, his breath shaky as he felt Maya lean closer into him, his fingers now finding the soft bow of her lower back, tracing circles on her skin as the warm water continued to run over them.

Tarik's cock hardened instinctively both from Maya's touch, and the way she felt underneath his. Taking Maya's face in his hands, Tarik dipped his head down to softly kiss her. He felt her exhale into him, her body softening underneath his kiss. Maya let her hand find Tarik's hardening cock, and gently rubbed his supple head with her fingertips. Sliding her thumb over the tip, she wrapped her hand around Tarik's shaft as it grew harder, her palm gripping his thickness.

Maya stroked Tarik slowly as they kissed, his hands finding her tender breasts, squeezing her nipples in between his thumbs and index fingers. The feeling of Tarik's hands on her breasts sent ripples of pleasure through Maya's body and though the water was warm, she shivered against Tarik. She raised her eyes to his and kept his gaze as she whispered to him.

"I want you Tarik. More than I ever have."

She was almost breathless in her desire as he moaned into her. She pulled her hand from Tarik's hard cock and brought him into her, kissing him deeper and harder. Tarik ran his hands along Maya's back and hips, grabbing her ass, filling his hands with her soft flesh. As he kneaded her ass, Tarik backed Maya toward the shower wall, and gently pushed her against it. Maya brought her hands up to Tarik's face and stared at him, panting with the urgency of her lust for him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, raising on her toes to pull him closer. Tarik pulled Maya's leg onto his hip, pressing himself between her thighs. He pulled her other leg onto him, wrapping them both around his waist as he nestled into her, his cock quivering against her.

Maya tightened her grip on Tarik's shoulders as he supported her with his arms, her body resting on the wall as he held her. He slid his cock slowly into her, closing his eyes as he felt her warmth around him. Thrusting his hips slightly, Tarik pushed himself deeper into Maya, enjoying feeling every inch of her so slowly. He kissed and licked at her neck, his tongue finding the sensitive spot behind her ear that drove her crazy. She let out a deep guttural moan as Tarik sucked at her neck and ears, her legs clenching around him even more. He pressed himself into her, his cock sliding in and out of her as she cried out at his touch and the pleasure of him filling her up.

Tarik slowed his thrusts and let his cock rest inside Maya. She lifted her hips to meet his and eased him further inside. She wanted him as close as possible. It wasn't even so much about the sex for them in this moment. It was about being united together, dissolving into each other. Maya sucked and licked at Tarik's neck and shoulders eliciting moans and gasps from him as he resumed short thrusts, his shaft gently stroking her soft and warm canal. Maya ran her hands along Tarik's face, her fingers winding through his hair and beard as she stared deep into his eyes.

Their breathing was deep and in unison, the intensity of their lovemaking consuming them. Tarik adjusted his grip on Maya's legs, bringing her hips into his so he again entered her completely. He wrapped his arms tight around her, and pressed his face into her shoulder and neck. The depth of Tarik inside her sent Maya into ecstasy and Tarik could feel her legs beginning to shake around him. He held her tighter to steady her tremors. Tarik quickened his thrusts ever so slightly into Maya and she clenched around him, her soft canal stroking him in return. She moaned softly in Tarik's ear as she wrapped herself around him, the feeling of him bringing her to climax.