All Comments on 'Meeting Angles Ch. 03'

by LillyPad11

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
tonydxxtonydxxover 2 years ago

After the first two chapters, I was expecting to learn how Josh managed to deal with his phobia. But Chapter 3 spent about 3000 words essentially repeating Chapters 1 and 2, though with some additional detail. And then the story focussed on Jillian. We never learnt how Josh's education continued, whether his phobia remained (apart from with Jillian), and why they didn't marry. Perhaps the spelling of Angles in the title referred to the change of angle in the story and was not a misspelling of 'angels'? Personally, I found the repeat of material from the first two chapters and the various loose ends were not to my liking at all. A pity, because much of the writing was good.

Highlander76Highlander76over 2 years ago

Tonydxx has pretty much said everything I'd planned to! I got the impression that your three chapters were actually drafts of each other. It certainly made it tricky to try to sort out a logical timeline—though perhaps that was your intention. Some writers like to show the same scene from lots of different angles and in different sequences…

Perhaps a more in-depth logical approach would be more satisfying to the reader.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous