All Comments on 'Megan, The Special One'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
NormCastleNormCastlealmost 11 years ago
That's respect

Respecting her as he did, is the kind of story I like to read. I was raised that way and tend to become turned off when 3 or 4 "no's" fail to stop a guy from being aggressive....I love the build up, the taking of control and sharing things she has never experienced before...it's nice........I could take a lot more of stories like this....

ErotonautErotonautalmost 11 years ago

I simply didn't find it credible that her husband would step aside and let her go out with this guy, regardless of their respective sizes, and I'd certainly have expected him to take it out on Megan once she got home. The revelation that he's been cheating on her likewise felt a bit of a cheat, too easy a way to tie the loose ends together and excuse everyone's behaviour.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 11 years ago
Good Story

One of the better stories on Lit lately, I found the husbands feelings of inadequacy quite believable, Often higher education on one side or the other can wreak havoc on a relationship as it progresses. He would be far more comfortable with the lesser educated woman. Liked the reluctance of the two to begin anything before the actual separation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Yeah, Northlander, the only times I've seen difference in education NOT cause problems is when the less-educated partner is still very intelligent, and may be less educated by choice, rather than by happenstance. My brother's educated as a diesel mechanic, but he's an extremely good one. He now manages the shops for about 20 locations, and is a part owner of the company. He could have been an engineer had he wished, but that's not what he wanted. His wife's an RN, almost a nurse practitioner. They don't have any of those issues, because of the part where he *could have been* an engineer had he wished, so he (and she) knows that he's her equal.

Mr WolfMr Wolfover 10 years ago
I Agree

Northlander and Anon both make valid points.

My first marriage was doomed probably because of the difference in our intelligence levels with my ex feeling intimidated (in retrospect) despite my efforts to encourage her to grow and develop. At this time I had chosen not to go into tertiary education but when my divorce was final I did and gained an Hons degree whilst working and also building a new relationship as well as increasing the number of children in my family.

Whilst my new wife does not hold a degree she is intelligent enough to complete one if she wished and constantly proved this when reading through my essays and dissertation helping me with her insights. She also is a perfect sounding board when I need feedback on presentations or lectures, I keep on at her to take more than the vocational courses that she has but she says she's to busy with the kids and enjoying having little ones again at present.

So as I said I agree and that just makes this story all the more special IMHO.

5*

Kind regards

Mr Wolf

Reindeer58Reindeer58about 10 years ago
Nicely done

Excellent character development and story progression. Seemed long at first but the plot development was necessary. The husband began as unbelievable but the later explanation cleared it. Good writing and editing. Conversation could have used more contractions, ie, I'll instead of I will, I'm and you're. Read your dialog out loud and watch TV with closed captions turned on. Most spoken dialog is full of contractions and incomplete sentences. I added you as a favorite and will read some more of your work. Thanks for sharing your talents, a real step above most of what passes for literature.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 8 years ago
GREAT WORK!

Man, only one 'Bullshit' comment! I better check to be sure this is posted on Lit. From one 'Farmboy' to another----"Good Work." Oh yeah--I gave you 5 stars.

DawnJDawnJover 8 years ago
Lovely romance!

So much to say about this...too much for this forum. Suffice it to say, this is one of the sweetest, most tender love stories I've read in a while on here. Thank you for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I didnt like it 1 star

What kind of JERK takes up with a married woman??? This a cheating wife story. Both will cheat on each other...

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Frankly I think this is a first rate tale

The plot is a bit unusual in that it is from the perspective of the fellow who pursues a married women, and ends up with her as his wife. In shot it is different and therefore an entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The title is wrong

The title should have been "The Cocksucker and the Slut". 1 Star cos it the lowest I can give.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I didn’t care much for this one, it’s just a bit too unrealistic for me. I mean, a guy tells a man that he is basically “taking” his woman and that he should just step back, shut up and live with it. Right? Not in my world. Where I live I’m pretty sure violence would have been the very next step in that confrontation. I enjoy fiction but I prefer a little more realism and not fairy tales and fantasy.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(8/22/2021) Well done. This was a nice romantic read; ignore the naysayers.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a great story, Jared came into a situation where Megan was completely being ignored and that Megan's marriage was essentially and then it was revealed later that John had a girl on the side that he had gotten pregnant. The story was very interesting, and I glad to see that Jared and Megan found happiness in the end and they never consummated their relationship until it was determined that Megan's relationship with John was over. Well done 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 years Chief3Blanket nailed it with a sage comment.

I almost abandoned the story in the early stages and would have missed a special story of romance. But somehow the author kept drawing me in.

"It's not what is seems" is actually true.

Guess you wouldn't understand until you read it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous