All Comments on 'Mei Valentine'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Or...

She could keep her maiden name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’m just not sure...

It just seemed to go from the romantic and taking it slow to suddenly announcing in a phone call that you have an IUD, and then they’re engaged a month later.

It wasn’t quite as bad as some other stories that I’ve read where it seemed like they just gave up and wanted it over with, but it sure did seem rushed as they went from first kiss to engaged in about 6 weeks.

Overall, the writing was good, the initial setup was good, but by the end it seemed like a bunch of parts thrown together. I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a mystery as to why Craig had broken up with her (maybe he’s just an idiot and saw someone who looked like her while he was drunk), and then Mei was neither upset or shocked when Ted revealed it had been him, and it makes it sound like he’s not even getting punished for it, just getting moved like a Catholic priest. And then suddenly she’s in heat and they’re engaged. And we throw in the comedy scene with the parents that just dragged on a bit too long.

It just felt... unsatisfying. Which is a shame, as it had a promising start but just seemed to go off track. And that just makes it seem worse than just being mediocre the whole way through, as there was wasted potential

I honestly don’t know how to rate this

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
re: Anon who thinks it's rushed...

2 things:

1. It's a story, not reality, so it doesn't have to be entirely logical.

2. Yes, it sped up very quickly, but they had been getting close for a long time.

And sometimes you just know...

In full disclosure, it reads like a Hallmark story (well almost) which I generally like, so maybe I'm biased.

5*

GHreaderGHreaderover 3 years ago
I hope you win the Valentine contest

Another fun story to read.

Thank you Rachel

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Another wonderful love story. You are becoming quite the story teller as you practice your craft. Really enjoy your work.

Cheers

SAGE

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Nice Story Again

A lovely romance story by Rachel. Fairly well thought and written. 5 stars.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years ago
Again!

Another fun read! Like a great Valentine chocolate, creamy and sweet but with just enough hints of bitter dark to keep it interesting and not bland! congratulations on another good read. 5*

AC

OldManWineOldManWineover 3 years ago
A Perfect Valentine

Awesome, took me three days to read but was well worth it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

MORE!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow! Loved It!

You definitely have a way with words. This was a truly spectacular story. I loved the set up, the friendship that was created and the ending. Reminded me of my hubby and I. Thanks for a great belly laugh at the end. Truly inspired. Please, please keep writing and I’ll keep reading!!

JJMemaw

AnAncientAnAncientover 2 years ago

I'm this story must contravene the Geneva Convention on Inhumane Weapons!!!

Mie, Mie, ...

Richard1940Richard1940over 1 year ago

Loved the story, loved the last line.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...

SIMILAR Stories