Melinoe Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Agatha led Max to the galley and the three of them ate together. Max had a surreal moment as she hadn't seen the other Agatha for hours, and wondered if there were differences between them.

"Ags, tell me what it is like to have two bodies, please?" Max inquired, looking at the Agatha directly across from her that had just swallowed a mouthful of mac and cheese.

Agatha looked like she was thinking, with her head tilted to the side for a moment, then she answered, "It's like having two hands instead of one, it takes a little more concentration, but is far more convenient and flexible."

Max thought about this, then thinking of a possible situation. "Well, I think you may have to learn how to pretend your separate bodies are individual people, especially in front of people who don't know you.

Agatha blinked and turned to her twin, "Do you have any idea what Max is talking about?" That Agatha swallowed, looked at Max then turned to the first, "I think she means well; Max wants us to integrate smoothly into human society, and I for one appreciate her concern."

Max smiled, "That was excellent, you can show some physical interaction, perhaps a casual display of affection, but nothing sexual as that might be taken poorly."

The second Agatha put her hand on the firsts shoulder, and raised an eyebrow at Max.

Max nodded, "casual familiarity between sisters is expected in human culture and you two make perfect identical twins, I'd almost..." Max stopped for a moment and thought about it.

"What is it Max?" the first Agatha looked curious; the second Agatha just looked at the first.

"I was going to suggest that you work up a twin routine, with a name and different personality, as everyone will assume you are different in some fashion, but then you said you might make more of yourself, so that might prove inadequate," Max rubbed her chin after voicing her opinion.

First Agatha glanced at the second, "What would I even call you?"

The second Agatha rubbed her chin, looking at a smirking Max, "Una", said the second Agatha. "Shortened from, multa corpora anima una?" The first Agatha asked the second. She only smiled meekly in response.

Agatha turned to Max, "What do you think, will that work, even if I only use it in front of people who don't know me?"

Max nodded, "I think that will be fine, and if you only show two of... yourself, you'll have an established... extra identity... to work with.

Agatha looked into Max's eyes, "You really want me to be successful, don't you Max?"

Max smiled, "Yes, I do. But I also want you to be safe. I would like you to be around for a long time to come."

"Max," Agatha said softly, "I am so glad I peeked into your dreams."

Max blushed, "Me too Ag's, me too."

Second Agatha looked back and forth from Max to first Agatha several times, "Should I leave you two alone, or are we going to have a little orgy here in the galley?"

Max laughed out loud, "Oh that was brilliant, yea, you'll be fine out there."

The twins smiled together at Max's approval.

"Okay," started Max, "How much does physical fitness mean to your species?"

First Agatha pursed her lips, but second Agatha spoke: "We need to find out. I can get sleepy, hungry, horny, and full of poop: I need to see if I can get fit."

Max chuckled at the comment.

All three of them went down to the cargo hold.

It wasn't a huge space, but it was the largest compartment on the ship at sixty feet by thirty feet; barely enough space on the small ship to be physically active.

Max showed Ags how to stretch. They then did some basic calisthenics before going through a cool down.

Max explained that a good physical program was dependent on pushing a person's limit very slowly, so the body had plenty of time to grow, too much too quickly would just hurt and you would lose the eventual benefits while recovering from over-exertion.

Agatha was determined to be careful not to get overworked after Max described what happened if you pushed yourself too far.

"I'd like to do our exercise together, once a day, and eventually start martial arts training. Sound good?" asked Max.

Both Agathas nodded in agreement.

All three headed back up to the cabin and took a shower. Afterwards Max gathered all the clothes she and Agatha had worn, including the black body sleeve. One Agatha slipped into the comdesk chair and got back to studying.

Helping carry the laundry, the other Agatha got an abbreviated tour of the quarter deck from Max.

The flight crew cabin was six bunks and a moderately sized bathroom. Max wasn't familiar with its layout or even what equipment it came with. It was located on the other side of medical from the command cabin. Max would have never gone there normally, and she thought it would be worthwhile looking into as possible crew quarters, eventually.

Medical was a small space mostly taken up by six cryopods; four of which were occupied. It had a med scanner, a diagnostic table, a comdesk, and medical storage. Max assumed a Medic would bunk with flight crew.

The troop compartment was located adjacent to the armory one deck below the quarter deck. It was large enough for ten marines to cohabitate, had its own bathroom, a shower large enough for four, two toilets and two flip-out urinals.

Agatha stared at the urinals.

Max shrugged at the urinal, "Male's have different plumbing, and can utilize those easily. I can use one if I try really hard, but they just aren't very practical for females."

Max started a load of laundry with the small facilities there. She stood nude next to a nude Agatha explaining how the machine worked and how on a fully manned ship after a week there would be a queue to use the machine.

Max also mentioned that walking around nude on a starship would be considered very unusual behavior: Agatha giggled.

They both looked over the troop compartment. It was a room honeycombed with bunks and cubby holes, filled with go bags but no personal items.

"How many people were on this ship?" asked the nude white skinned girl with jet black shoulder length hair.

"Fourteen." replied Max with a consciously neutral tone.

Agatha turned and looked at Max, "Getting me... was that important?"

Max nodded, "Oh yes, some of the admiralty would stop at nothing to study you; and not even for your own sake, but to have an advantage over other admirals."

"Humanity is a mix of people, of all kinds." Max continued, "I have known many honorable and noble humans, I have also known some truly despicable ones."

"Thats why you want me so well prepared," Agatha stated matter-of-factly to Max, "You saw me not as an alien to be used, but as someone to be cared for and encouraged."

"You were in a box, dying, I was never the kind of person to see anyone suffer, especially not when I could prevent it."

Max paused, "The whole "feeling you as you died" was really not something I wanted to experience."

Agatha gasped, "I am sorry... I really didn't want to die."

Max pulled Agatha into her arms, "The way this worked out was just fine, I was going to resign after this mission anyways."

"Why would you resign, Max?" Agatha asked laying her head against Max's breast.

"Partially, I was done learning what I needed to, but mostly my long-term goals were fulfilled for me." Max explained.

Agatha looked up at Max, "I don't understand."

So, Max told her the story of Deirdre and how she was murdered and how a much younger Max swore justice for her. She told her about Max's and Joon's commitments to bring the killers and those who hired them to justice. Finally, she told her how Vice Admiral John Blake, the Lion, and his Lionesses brought hell fire down upon the organization that killed Deirdre after turning over information and evidence to authorities on the people who hired her killers.

Agatha was in Max's arms during the entire story, feeling every emotion Max didn't show with the telling, with tears staining her pretty face.

"Oh Max," Agatha cupped the taller woman's face, "I am so sorry you went through that."

The device that was cleaning and drying the clothes stopped with a beep. Max walked over to the small door, opened it and pulled out an article of clothing, shook it out and folded it and dropped on the adjacent bunk.

Agatha watched Max folding laundry. "So, what are you planning to do, Max?"

Max shrugged, feeling unable to articulate her feelings. "I'm not sure, I just have a few Ideas, I need to talk to Joon first, though."

"Can you contact her with the comms array?" Agatha tilted her head slightly with that question.

"I could, but doing so might place her in danger if she is being surveilled. Any contact with us would look like she was involved with a "black" asset which, as a civilian, is illegal."

Agatha looked uncomfortable, "I don't want Joon to be in danger."

Max kissed Agatha on her forehead.

Max finished folding the laundry and picked up the tall stack and winked at Agatha as she headed for the cabin, Agatha followed in her wake.

Max put down her body sleeve, her BDU's, and her underwear; then laid out her two black jumpers.

Max yawned and stretched then noticed how both Agatha's looked at the bed. "Is there enough room for you with both of us?"

Max blinked and crawled on the long bed and stretched out and patted the bed on either side of her.

The two Agatha's cuddled up to Max, pulling up the duvet. Max thought about Joon wondering what she would think about Agatha. Her roiling thoughts started to wane as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Max sat back on the uncomfortable stool: it was dark and lots of people were talking. The crisp local beer in her hand was delicious and the pub Max was in started to quiet as a petite figure carrying a beautifully crafted double necked guitar walked onto the small, dimly lit stage.

For months now Joon had been performing at one of many local pubs and had gained impressive notoriety. She was limited to days when she could perform because of school; but Max never missed a performance.

The pub was silent as a teenage Joon began with a moving strum intro and quickly dove into the melody with amazing finger work as she utilized various tapping and lifting techniques on the upper neck's nine strings. Her other hand dropped to the lower set of six strings, plucking out a bass line and thumping her elbow, tapping out percussion with her thumb.

The songs were intricate and lively, and they were her interpretations of popular music hits that everyone was familiar with. The entire pub was mesmerized by her talent. The long medley concluded in silence which evaporated in a roar of applause and cheers.

Max was so proud of her: Joon had worked so hard to do this for as long as they had known each other. Max could feel something else for Joon too, something deeper, something more profound.

Max awoke slowly and seemed to be covered in limbs. She opened her eyes and peered around seeing soft jet-black hair in front of her, behind her an exotically shaped beautiful face portrayed the calm serenity of sleep.

Max actually felt reassured that Agatha slept. It was at least something they held in common physiologically speaking.

Wondering what it would be like to have more of Agatha around, Max smirked and immediately thought about a much bigger bed; thinking now about Joon and whether her brilliant wife would accept Agatha in their family.

Max thought about how fascinated Joon was about the Lioness Jade and how maybe an alien would appeal to her curiosity.

Max hoped she would be as enthusiastic with Agatha: Joon could learn so much; and teach even more.

A kiss on her neck pulled Max out of her morning reverie, "Good morning, Max, I had no Idea Joon was so talented, she was absolutely amazing."

Max blinked.

Agatha turned around in front of her, pulling hair out of her face with a smile.

"You're still looking in on my dreams?" Max's voice was steady with only a hint of concern.

"Oh, Max, I am so sorry, I didn't want to upset you, I will stop if you don't like it." Arms from both sides wrapped around Max, Agatha looked into her eyes with concern.

"It's not that I am upset, just surprised, I thought you had found what you were looking for when you were in that damn box."

Agatha gently laid a palm on Max's cheek, "I love seeing your dreams, it gives me insights into what makes you who you are."

Max thought about this for a bit. "Okay, just don't be surprised if it gets really naughty."

The three of them giggled together.

Agatha disentangled both of her selves from Max and the three of them started stretching and limbering up.

A very nude Max headed out of the cabin down to the cargo hold: Agatha followed of course, also sans clothing.

Max started with her daily kata and Agathas joined in soon after; the three of them in a near synchronicity of the beautiful dance-like moves. Then Max started doing a short series of calisthenics and she kept going until she just starting to feel a hint of burn, then immediately began a cool down.

Both Agathas were sweaty with exertion and smiling and Max headed back up to the cabin and the waiting shower.

The hot water melted into Agatha's bodies as she stood under the the deliciously warm water; holding herself there until they were both moaning. Max lathered up the two very relaxed versions of the girl, enjoying the platonic pleasure.

Showering with two Agatha's was a bit cramped, but still fun. Agatha made sure Max was completely clean and, with four hands pampering her body, Max did not mind one bit.

Toweled dry and dressed, Max and Agatha made breakfast together and discussed the sensor station as well as the comdesk. Agatha went down to engineering and collected the necessary tools, anxious to get started.

Max eventually just ended up mostly watching Agatha work; her skills being applied to both locations at the same time. Max helped with the heavy lifting here and there and in less than an hour the sensor station was now installed and operational in the comdesk.

Sitting at the command station, Max nodded to Agatha who was at the pilot station and at the comdesk in the cabin. Max punched up the Nav system, studying the course.

The Nav computer's suggested route was fairly oblique, and it was looking like a forty-six-hour travel time to Jericho.

Max inhaled and exhaled slowly. "Agatha, lay in a course, let's go see Joon."

Agatha beamed a smile while she began tapping out the commands and bringing the corvette around. She engaged the FTL drive, and the corvette leapt into the black of space.

For many hours Max just relaxed in her chair, reflecting on the fact she knew she wouldn't have accomplished this without Agatha.

Max started to allow herself to feel more positive about her future with the four of them.

The holoscreen jumped to life in front of her, instantly transporting her through time and space more than a decade earlier in her life.

There was Joon walking up the stage with her custom designed and crafted double necked acoustic guitar, she perched herself atop a tall stool and the audience fell silent.

Max sat mesmerized for seventeen minutes in the commander's chair, tears running down her face as she watched her future wife play a perfect set; again.

After the holo was over Max looked at Agatha, whose face was also tear stained, and mouthed the words, "Thank you."

The Comms beeped.

Agatha looked through teary eyes at Max, who returned the same look.

They both stared at the queue and the title of the communiqué.

TFN Admiralty, Fleet Admiral Buckingham, Captains only.

Max had no idea what to do.

"What does it mean Max?" Agatha's concern was obvious.

"I don't know Ag's, it's not addressed to us specifically, this message is fleet wide. Max tried to open the file; it required a command security code to open. "I need Commander Yance's Captains code if we want to open it."

Agatha trotted into the bridge, carrying Yance's go bag.

Max raised an eyebrow, but she still accepted the go bag from her: Agatha nodded and skipped back to the cabin.

Max knew it would never be that easy, but it had to be done anyways, just to make sure.

Personal go bags varied a lot, Max had several over the years, mostly for personal equipment. It wasn't regulated so almost anything was acceptable.

Commander Yance's go bag was of exceptional quality, It fit his image perfectly.

Max opened the go bag.

Inside the bag was immaculate, everything was compartmentalized. There was a whole section with paperwork, including three separate personal devices.

Max felt bad about going through her deceased commander's things and private possessions. She supposed he would understand the need; she wondered if he would have done the same.

A small, black, old fashioned, moleskin notebook caught Max's eye, it only had three letters embossed on the cover in gold.

Max held the small book and leafed through the pages, hundreds of code phrases and access codes with the particulars related to them. Max sat stunned, looking for something relevant to her current situation. On the last written page was the mission code for alien132.

"I don't believe it."

Max entered the "Captains code" next to the ship code for Charlie Alpha Tango.

"Thank you for being a meticulous, anal-retentive, posh twat, Commander Stephen Yance."

The comms reconfigured into an order format as Max witnessed the stern foreboding figure of Fleet Admiral Buckingham recalling all ships from patrols and the periphery to converge on the planet Terra forthwith.

"What the hell...?" Max sat muttering in shock, then in quiet contemplation.

"What do you want to do Max?" Agatha sat at her station with a worried look.

Clenching her jaw, Max stared at the image of the highest-ranking official in the Terran Federation.

"No change, hold course."

A wave of fatigue washed over Max: her thinking wasn't sharp.

Agatha stood up from her station and walked over to Max.

"You look exhausted, let's go eat, shower and get some rest."

"I have to keep an eye on the ship," Max argued unconvincingly.

Agatha pouted, "You won't be any good to anyone if you are too tired to function." She pulled at the tired human's arm a little.

Max smirked, "Yea... ok... fine."

Agatha led Max to the galley and sat her tall friend down on a chair before she headed into the kitchen. Putting together a cucumber salad and three bowls of mac and cheese, she took her other self her dinner then set Max and herself up at the table.

Max ate slowly while thinking about their situation; and what the Fleet Admiral's orders meant.

"Tell me what you're thinking Max, please," Agatha got up and started a pot of coffee.

Max grimaced, "I have a feeling something very bad is going to happen, I have never heard of a Federation wide recall of warships... ever...in the entire history of the Federation."

Agatha peered at Max for a moment, "No matter what happens Max, I won't leave your side... you're my Captain."

Max gawked at Agatha for a moment... Then nodded to her as their eyes locked.

Max watched her set up the coffee pot and dump the small bag of grounds into the filtered section.

"How do you know how to do that?" Max raised an eyebrow.

Agatha glanced at Max, "Holonet."

Finishing her prep, Agatha pushed the start button then walked over to the table and gracefully sat down next to Max.

Max watched her movements and realized her thighs were a bit thicker. "You are remarkable, every time I think I've figured you out, you surprise me."

"I would hate to be boring for you," Agatha smirked a crooked grin.

Max blinked, "oh wow, using my own smirk against me? Dirty pool Ag's!"

Both Max and Agatha giggled at that.

"Seriously though, your abilities outshine any I have ever encountered, I hope I don't outlive my usefulness." Max's face had a melancholy set.

1...45678...14