Melinoe Ch. 16-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Zess smiled, "Teffa and I have been introduced."

Joon's memory flashed back to the Staverka hospital where a critically injured Max lay, and a very comforting and caring Teffa did her utmost for Joon's frayed nerves. "Oh, yes." Joon turned to Zess, "You met at hospital."

Joon turned back to the holo, "Hello Teffa, so lovely to see you again."

Teffa beamed.

Max and Agatha had been sitting across from Joon and Zess in the pit. *Oh, she is very pretty.*

 

Agatha's thoughts touched Max's mind, *I love her eyes.*

 

Max smiled at her exotic spouse, then she looked closer at the holo. She studied the yellowish-green and reddish-brown of the Lieutenant's eyes, they gave her a sense of whimsy. *What do we know about her?* Max's thoughts inquired.

*She has consistent accolades by her commanding officers, for only a First Lieutenant.*

Max smirked, *Don't let rank fool you into underestimating capability, she obviously isn't green... she must be qualified if the FO sent her.*

Agatha glanced at Max for a moment then nodded. They both listened closely.

Joon turned her attention back to Lieutenant Gonzalez, "I am very pleased to have you at this Post, I look forward to talking with you at length in the future. I am currently in talks with the Dauzakai, so I'm afraid I may be away from Staverka for a while yet." Joon smiled softly as the Lieutenant nodded in understanding, Joon then continued. "I have no intention of leaving you and Teffa without support, I'm going to send you some help."

Max glanced at Joon, then at Agatha... *Did she say anything to you about that?*

Agatha's eyebrows raised in surprise, *No... I think she is winging it... though I think it's a great Idea.*

*You do?* Max peered at Agatha.

*I do, Max... Joon and I have had conversations about aspects of my ecology... and this could be a vehicle to discovery.*

The conversation had continued, Teffa was very enthusiastic when Joon concluded her initial contact with Lieutenant Gonzalez...Everyone returned to the dining room, Max and Joon held hands smiling at each other.

0o0

In a quiet corner of the Deirdre a certain diminutive dreadlocked redhead was gathering a selection of items. She pushed a thick feather pillow into the large duffle she brought. Vika packed up the few outfits she owned, including her Skerawk vest and the razor sharp Ca'tagri knives.

She still had a number of small crates stowed in her cubby... She smiled, knowing they would be safe. The small rucksack and duffle were now full... Vika was set.

0o0

"I don't know... we will just have to try it and find out." Joon retorted.

Max looked distraught, "We're talking about Agatha's health here."

Agatha was in the Ambassador's kitchen with the sisters, cleaning up from dinner. Miku was napping, she was still technically recovering from her abduction. The Ambassador herself was sitting quietly... wide eyed. On the one hand she was flattered that these two Terrans trusted her enough to have this particular conversation in front of her...

On the other she was dismayed that the conversation seemed so heated.

"I don't want her harmed, we don't know what this might do to her..." Max explained.

The petite strawberry-blonde gave her tall wife a 'Well-duh' expression. "Of course... and I made the same argument to her..." Joon raised her eyebrow.

Max blinked... "Oh... this was her idea..."

"Yes, Sweetheart, I held the position you currently hold..." Joon smiled softly, "Ultimately I gave in, it is after all... her decision."

Max pouted... after a few moments she nodded, "You're right... it is."

Joon reached over to hold Max's hand, "I am worried about sending her to Staverka in the Deirdre, as that's more or less our base of operations. I would like to remain on Dau to see the North country, and work on the Holo-vid. Unfortunately, Astrid's holo-vid workshop is on Deirdre." Joon sighed.

Zess brightened up immediately, but Joon and Max were involved in sharing a look; then...Max sighed and nodded, "Alright my Love, I'll drop Ag's off on Staverka and pop back in short order..."

Zess cleared her throat and Joon and Max turned to the Dauzakai Ambassador as one. Zess smiled, "I would like to gift your fledgling conssulate my shuttle, in the sspirit of friendsship..."

Max and Joon both gawked a bit.

Zess chose to ignore their expressions and continued, "My shuttle iss hyperwarp capable, hass diplomatic credentialss and is quite expeditiouss."

"But don't you need it?" Joon asked. Zess smirked, "Firsstly... I am pregnant, I'm not going anywhere...Ssecond, if I 'have' to go ssomewhere I can have any number of shipss here in literally minutess...And third... I was looking for a way to reward your family in ssome way, and thiss iss an eassy fix..." Zess looked thoughtful, "Did I use that idiom correctly... 'Eassy fix'?"

Max smiled and Joon giggled, "Yes, that's pretty close to how it's used." Joon replied.

Max bit her lip, "If you're sure you want to do this..."

Zess smiled broadly, "Oh yess... I want to ssee your misssion ssuccceed... My dear Dame Max."

Agatha came back into the dining room and sat next to Max and smiled broadly. Zess looked at Joon... who only smirked mischievously. The Ambassador peered curiously at the novice diplomat, she then leaned closer to her and whispered in a sibilant hiss.

"Are you not going to tell her?" Zess asked very quietly in Joon's ear.

Joon bit her lip and replied just as quietly "Max already has..."

The brilliant iridescent green eyes went wide, then in only moments she realized the implications of Joon's answer...

"Oh..." She replied, "That'ss rather usseful."

Joon nodded, with humor in her voice, "Isn't it just?"

Agatha pursed her lips as she gazed at the weapons lining the Deirdre's armory. She sensed Vika at the hatch... "And what would you suggest I take?"

Vika smirked, then rattled off a list of firearms...

Agatha blinked at the number. She turned her attention to Vika... immediately noticing the duffle and rucksack. "Ah... you, too?"

Vika winked, she picked up her luggage and headed down to the cargo hold. Agatha noted that Vika's prescience had never been wrong, if somewhat vague at times. Another Hand arrived to assist in filling the list of materiel Vika had prescribed.

0o0

Zess walked with Max and Joon back to the couch pit office of her suite, Less was asked to join them. The Ambassador's sister, with her ever present Chazi companion, looked very eager. Zess wasted no time, she immediately began discussing where Less might take her guests in the Northlands of Dau.

Less nodded at appropriate intervals paying close attention to her sister's many suggestions, making a few of her own. Zess shifted her gaze to Max and Joon, who were sitting practically on top of one another. "Who of your family will be interessted in the tour?" The Ambassador inquired.

Joon looked up at Max, who answered. "I'm sure they will all be interested."

Zess nodded, "Well, for convenience ssake, if I might ssuggest flying the Deirdre up north...The Ambassador smiled, "If you're okay with giving my ssisster a lift, she can guide you there."

Max and Joon shared a smile. Joon replied, "Oh, I think we can arrange that..."

"Wonderful!" Zess exclaimed.

That seemed to signal the end of the discussion, and everyone made ready for departures.

0o0

Max, Joon and Agatha chatted while they ascended the ornate staircase..."So we have two Hands going to Staverka..." Joon said out loud and paused for confirmation.

"And Vika..."' Agatha added.

Joon stopped and looked at Max, who nodded.

"I don't like it..." Joon muttered.

"She goes where she is needed most." Max said quietly, her jaw set indicating she wasn't thrilled with the idea either.

"I still don't like it, but..." Joon inhaled deeply, "I can't argue with her track record." Agatha reached out to both of them halfway to the landing.

The exotic woman looked at them in turn, "I trust Vika implicitly... I know whatever reason she has is the best one for our family... We are her highest priority."

Max and Joon both heard the conviction in Agatha's voice. The senior wives standing on different levels of the stairs wrapped Agatha in a heartfelt and cleansing hug. After a while the three women eased back... small happy tears on their cheeks.

"Let's bid her farewell," Joon said in a slightly husky emotional tone, "I want her to know how much we love her..."

0o0

Samira and Astrid helped the two Hands of Agatha who were departing in the gifted shuttle with the 'luggage' they were taking. They managed to get everything into two medium composite crates and two large duffels...it barely fit as the small shuttle was rated for four occupants, the extra seat allowed for Vika's luggage.

Astrid's thin-lipped expression was enough to convey her feelings on the excursion of Vika and the two Hands. Vika pulled the tall woman down to her knees and kissed her deeply. "Not goodbye... I will be back soon... I will ravage you upon my return, Sorceress."

Astrid blinking tears, bit her lip and nodded, "You better... sneaky Shaman."

Samira's wide eyes made her look dazed and confused. "Paladin..." Vika peered up, "Take care of things while I am away... this one, too." She indicated Astrid with a glance. Samira nodded and wrapped her four arms around Vika and the engineer."

"I will..." the dusky-skinned cyborg gave Vika a kiss, "I owe you some unarmed training."

Vika smirked. "Not goodbye... trust me..."

Max, Joon, and Agatha stepped out of the intricately carved stairwell. "Goodness..." Joon spotting the huddled spouses next to the Ambassador's shuttle. The three of them walked closer. "Hey you!" Joon exclaimed... "Quit getting my wives upset."

Vika was released from the captivity of Astrid and Samira's embrace and the two shortest of the Deirdre's crew stood facing each other..."You gonna be okay, cute stuff?" Joon cocked an eyebrow punctuating her question.

Vika nodded, "I will."

Joon narrowed her eyes, "Well... you need to keep Agatha out of trouble, don't let her wander off, or get lost in any gardens." Everyone laughed.

Joon pulled Vika into a hug whispering in her ear, "I miss you already."

After they broke apart Max towered over Vika. "I am giving you Force Recon clearance." Max stated in a soft but clear voice.

Vika smiled, "I like that... Thank you."

"I look forward to your report..." Max nodded... she then lowered down to a crouch.

Vika gave the larger woman a tight embrace. "Captain-wife... I love you." Vika whispered in Max's ear.

"I love you..." Max responded, and kissed the tiny bundle of muscles, "Don't be too long." Joon looked at the two Hands of Agatha and, in Joon fashion, kissed each one and spoke, "Be good, stay safe... we'll see you soon."

All of the represented Agathas were crying openly when she was done. Max, Joon, Astrid, Samira, and Agatha gave the shuttle room after everyone departing was buttoned into the small ship. Agatha was at the helm... she mentioned that the tiny ship had a whole suite of features not usually found on a ship so small.

In moments the shuttle was easing out of the carved hanger above the Ambassadorial residence. Max realized the ship was an exceptional gift, to a fledgling diplomatic mission. It was made expressly for the needs of a full-fledged Ambassador.

The remaining crew stared into the twilight sky as the tiny ship grew smaller...Zess had given them the ship officially, making sure it gained all the legality and clearances Joon's new position afforded it.

Agatha turned to greet someone emerging from the stair. Everyone looked as she mentioned it out loud. The yellow scaled Dauzakai smiled nervously... her shoulder adorned with the now familiar house-cat sized insectoid.

"Hello there!" Joon chirped.

Less walked closer looking at the open cargo hold and ramp, she looked up at the engines. "Thosse are huge!" She exclaimed.

Astrid beamed a smile, "The best Trankaren design we could get."

Less stared at them, "Amazing!"

She carried a dark brown canvas pack that seemed mostly full, the single strap over the shoulder opposite of her Chazi. Wearing the same dark and light green ensemble she and her sisters wore, Less didn't seem quite as nervous as she did before.

"C'mon..." Max waved toward the hold, "Let's go see the Northlands."

0o0

Vika leaned back in her seat, and looked at the stars through the crysto-plast canopy as she remembered the times she traveled to different ports with Logo. There was never a thought about other people, or how they felt. They had a job to do.

Now though... Vika was beside herself with emotions about everyone who she came in contact with. The influence of her new family... no... her real family... the family she was destined to have. She did love Logo in her own way... he treated her well, and she would always look out for him and his herd in thanks and respect.

But... now... these precious souls... her loves...

At that moment the Hand of Agatha sitting at the copilot station turned in her seat and looked right into Vika's eyes. Eyes met...and a single tear rolled down Agatha's cheek.

"I love you, Vika" Agatha said with a soft sad smile on her face. She got out of her couch, and climbed back to where Vika was. Agatha cuddled into Vika's arms... she purred softly as Vika kissed her.

Silver gazed into Blue as the tiny diplomatic-courier class shuttle slipped into hyperwarp...

0o0

Agatha smiled. She was sitting at the helm of the Deirdre...Astrid was at Navigation, she smiled at her in response. "They have left the system..." Agatha commented.

Astrid looked over her shoulder at Max, Joon, Less and Samira sitting on the expansive command couch.

"Any ill effects?" Joon asked, clearly as anxious as her other spouses.

Agatha smiled... "None, M'lady."

Everyone's anxiety level dropped...Less was rather confused, but assumed it was none of her business.

Max peered at Agatha, "How long do you think it will take them to get to Staverka?"

Samira turned to listen to her Captain and keep a close eye on Less.

Agatha responded, "It's a very fast little ship, even in hyperwarp, I estimate around twelve hours."

Max nodded, "They... will be, okay?"

Agatha turned to look at Max, "Yes Captain, 'they' will be fine."

"You'll... keep us updated..." Joon piped in.

"Yes, M'Lady." Agatha smiled.

Samira casually noticed no reaction from Less.

Joon turned to Less sitting next to her, the Dauzakai was just taking in all the different tech and layout of the bridge.

"So Less..." Joon started, the Dauzakai turned and blinked... "Would you show us the way to the Samava Farmstead?"

Less beamed a smile, "Yess, M'Lady!" She got up from the couch and went over to navigation, "Miss Asstrid... would you pleasse bring up the local chart?"

Astrid punched up the three-dimensional topography and pulled back the perspective to show the relevant quadrant of the planet Dau.

"Perfect!" Less said excitedly...She studied the lay of the hologram image... "It'ss in thiss valley... right about there." She directed Astrid to a spot on the hologram... Astrid refined the image, increased the image zoom and let Less refine her choice.

"Right in here." Less pointed out a ridge line.

Astrid nodded and placed a way point on the location, then entered the coordinates into navigation.

"Easy." Astrid smiled at the yellow scaled guide. Less beamed and her Chazi leaned a little off her shoulder taking in the hologram image. "We're going home, Tizzi." Less had turned her head to the mantis-like insect, it responded by gently rubbing the side of her snout with a folded appendage.

It was obviously affectionate and spoke volumes about the creature's intelligence.

"Requesting clearance for departure." Astrid said in her professional voice.

Less moved back to the command couch and sat gingerly between Joon and Samira, her tail coiling around her own waist.

Samira continued to discreetly observe the Dauzakai. Physically there was little difference between Less and the Ambassador, perhaps the lack of the more advanced cybernetics. The Deirdre's security chief was quite sure Less wouldn't be anything but polite and amiable. But it didn't hurt to keep her skills up... for the sake of the family.

Nomissa personally gave the Deirdre clearance, Astrid nodded to Agatha.

The corvette danced through the air light as a feather at Agatha's touch... with a gentle arc the tiny warship gracefully departed the ancient residence.

As the Deirdre slowly ascended, Agatha kept her level so the crew could enjoy the vista the Edgewood offered. There was a thick mist deeply kept between the trunks of that most massive of organisms, the corvette could have easily threaded its way through the titanic vegetation.

But the pilot wanted to keep the Deirdre's reputation intact and unblemished, so Agatha continued to ascend, and a glorious sight revealed itself as they rose above the tree line. What would have been on many other planets a glorious sunset or sunrise, was a permanent phenomenon on Dau. The northern sky at the tree line was a tapestry of purples, reds, oranges... the atmosphere on fiery display as Karnis the orange moon added it hue.

Every member of the crew gawked as a collective response of oooh's and aaahs filled the bridge. Less tried hard not to giggle, she knew it wasn't nice to laugh at the typical touristy reaction to sights she had seen her whole life. The Dauzakai guide started explaining that the system's star was far enough not to cook the planet... but that didn't mean the northern pole wasn't a dangerous lifeless region.

The moons were instrumental in adding a cycle of warm and cool on her planet. Dau's orbit of Lyra Kepler was slightly elliptical, giving Dau a longer cool 'winter' and a shorter warm 'summer'. Less relayed the temperature differences and flow of thick moisture laden mists and fog that would sustain the vegetation in higher latitudes.

The Samava Farmstead was located at the frontier of the Edgewood in a band of hardy scrub and thick grasses called the Briar. The band north of the Briar was the least productive, a mixture of broken grasslands and towering spires... The domain of the Chazi.

In the shadow of the spires the grasses grew thick and lush, carefully tended to and guarded as the thick, fibrous grass was used to feed massive underground fungus gardens. A huge variety of fungus comes from the Chazi gardens and are used in countless products and culinary dishes. Less smiled, "Doubtless you have already enjoyed ssome of them during your sstay on Dau."

Joon thought to herself when Less said that line, "That sounded well practiced and smoothly delivered."

Agatha tilted her head slightly to one side. The pilot glanced over her shoulder at her Captain, who smirked and nodded.

Less continued, talking about the broken lands north of the Chazi... and then the wastes, where was salt and sand...Finally to the northern pole... The Sea of Glass, a five million square kilometer granular silica ocean. The very center of that sea right at the pole was a five hundred thousand square kilometer pool of molten silica. Less seemed very well versed in the ecology of her planet... at least the northern half.

She had grown both confident and relaxed in her oration, Joon could hear the similarities in speech cadence between Less and Zess.

The Deirdre traveled at a sedate clip, the Edgewood was steadily thinning and losing height, there were now the occasional different flora interspersed in the canopy. "We should be there in about an hour..." Agatha glanced at her Captain.

0o0

Paula was tired... she'd been going for eighteen hours since she arrived on Staverka. She wanted a hot shower, something vaguely nutritious and eight hours of rack-time. So, the Terran Diplomatic Attache along with her new assistant departed the Staverka Ministry Complex.

1...56789...21