All Comments on 'Melody for a Long Weekend'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
GrindleGrindlealmost 4 years ago
Excellent story

Excellent story and very moving. Makes you feel the characters. Insightful writing, as always. Could well make a series.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 4 years ago
Another masterpiece!

Outstanding; in the longer story form, you just keep raising the bar. You brought in enough moving pieces here for several more chapters; looking forward to seeing how they play out. Make sure Melody gets Auden her own lawyer for the ownership fight; fairly certain granny is down to no good.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 4 years ago

I loved every word of it and absolutely can't wait for the sequel! Another amazing story, BR, 5*s as always! :)

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
I've only read p 1 so far, but

...it's a very steamy setup for what promises to be some sexy satisfaction for Melody at long last with David! This is a beast, and I'll have to read it piecemeal to digest it all (then I'll leave a full review once done).

Your stories are always top-shelf, especially your last two in LV (you were brave to post there, but your quality won people over) and of course your "Jack" series, which is over-the-moon-phenomenal.

ArediaArediaalmost 4 years ago

Beautiful story - well written, nicely paced, good character development, and mostly good grammar and spelling. :)

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

That was stunning and outstanding, a truly amazing story.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 4 years ago
5 stars aren't enough

This was a wonderful piece of writing. Outstanding and touching.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
What "AnyMoose" said....

Loved it! So many opportunities Chapters or splinter Stories!

LeenysmanLeenysmanalmost 4 years ago

We definitely need a sequel, if only to have David and Auden show up at school on Tuesday, dressed to KILL!

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 4 years ago
I so look forward to your posts

Definitely room to expound and grow with these characters. 5 stars, as usual.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
I made it to p 18

and stopped. I'm not into bi, so that derailed the reading. At first it seemed you were going to solve Melody's loneliness with David (and built that up extensively), but that took a major left turn to making it a rapidly-evolving threesome when Auden kissed her. I suppose this is the perfect example of characters driving the plot, as if it were the other way around, Melody would have dismissed David for him to spend his time and efforts with Auden.

Great detail, meticulous description and even quite unexpected hilarity with the black saleswoman Michelle and especially with poor-bimbo-brained Chelsea to run off, it finally entering her pea brain "Khaled" (curiously a noted terrorist's name several times over) sent Julian to have OGK's what happen to him in Libya. That was a bit obvious, but still funny.

I will not rate this, as I admire the other tales I've read from you. I'll simply wait for another "Jack" installment or something else you will write.

Sunset154Sunset154almost 4 years ago
+5 stars

Great story, hope there is another chapter! Thanks

BigHornyMeBigHornyMealmost 4 years ago
Absolutely brilliant

You are by far the best story teller on Lit. This is another example of how you draw in the reader and absorb then into your very erotic tale. Top notch!

Ynottony72Ynottony72almost 4 years ago

Wonderful storey, relatable characters. Can’t wait for your next instalment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
skip part two

by far the worst of the group. not even close.

Cody3Cody3almost 4 years ago
Hopefully part of another series like Ben or Jack

Your stories are always amazing. Even without the sex the characters you create are so deep. I hope this is part 1 of another multiple story series. 5 stars as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was a great effort. I'm glad some think it was a great achievment.

Have you ever seen paintings that look like photographs? I mean every single detail, every pixel, is exactly colored and placed with such accuracy and detail that it is in effect a handcrafted photograph. An amazing demonstration of skill, patience, accuracy, and technique. This story approaches that. 21 pages to detail describing a weekend of a scorned wife and post pubescent teen finding friendship, compassion, lust, and love. At least I hope they did. I got to about page 3 before I skipped to page 21, then 20, to determine what the plot was, what the point was. What is most damning about your story is that skipping to page 20 from page 3, was enough to tell me everything I needed to know to understand the plot and most of the critical detail. Husband philandering asshole, wife fed up and sexually deprived, young man seeking confidence, and pussy, and throw in some new girl friend who will provide confidence and pussy, and swings both ways (what is that about?). And everyone ends up sexually sated, uplifted, arrested, or dead. Except for David's Mom. You know she wants some of that cock.

And there is going to be a second chapter? Can wait.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another great story

Really enjoyed this story, as I enjoy your other works, too. I still need more Jack Danner stories, but I write too (nowhere close to how well you write) and understand needing to take a break from a storyline and letting some creativity flow into a different project. I have at least 6 storylines going at the moment. It can be rough mixing characters though, lol. Again thanks for a great story, atb.

bigbob2406bigbob2406almost 4 years ago

You really do turn out some bloody good stories. This was great. Thank you very much for your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
sequel please

enjoyed it...and yes I would like a sequel.....mom has to get involved with her son too.....otherwise the dynamic that you laid out doesn't work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I had a hard time with this one.

I am sorry. I don't mean to offend you. I ended up skipping paragraphs just to complete. I understand why others will disagree and I take no issue. For me this was unnecessarily long and could have been reduced. I felt your last event piece was a tighter work

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 4 years ago
Hate to Agree with Anonymous People

But this was a really long story detailing a weekend of an affair. Yes there was other minutiae in there, but that was the jist of it. Ben, Jack, Stanley, and Ed are a different boat. They weren't cheating on others. Ben even had difficulty because he thought he was. Oh well, I know I can't love them all, just surprised.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Superb

Best story I've read in a while. Thank you for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Geez, 21 pages! Should have been broken up in 3 or more parts.

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyed

I really enjoyed the story overall. The ending part with his mother didn’t really have a resolution and felt out of place. If there’s a part two I hope it can be fleshed out. Thanks for sharing the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

At least equal to your Shepherd series. Do not understand why this is not in the high 480’s. It also deserves a sequel, which I impatiently looked forward to. You are an awesome story teller.

Rocketman51Rocketman51almost 4 years ago
Another Great Story!

I loved the buildup, of characters and story line! The rest of your reviewers do not know that Burntredstone’s story is never short. It is a volume of feeling, love and climax well worth reading! Thank you for sharing your talent, and looking forward to what comes next! Where ever it takes you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ed Walters 2.0

Enjoyed it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
An excellent story

I have yet to find any other author that manages to absorb my attention nearly as much as your stories do. The fine details, the well fleshed out characters, and a continuous writing style that doesn't seem to disrupt the flow nearly as much as other writers do.

One thing I'd note is that if someone had a video on their phone like that, the police would likely just take the phone and have forensics make a copy to keep chain of custody as accurate as possible. Since it's with the cooperation of the device owner, they could probably have it back in a few hours.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Leary

I admit, I was really Leary of reading 21 pages of 50 ways to leave your lover, But I'm so glad I did. This is the best of the bunch by some very talented writers. Five stars, and many thanks for it. I for one wouldn't mind reading the rest of their story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fabulous Read

This has ear marks for being another great series. Thank you for sharing.

One note of Devil's Advocate:

Death seems a quick plot device in a lot of your stories. Ben Sheppard, Ed, and even Jack have a death or more convinently help them out. I humbly suggest different plot twists. "He" leaves "her", insanity, a personality changing stroke or life event. PTSD. Use that great imagination you have.

I love your stories, espically the character build up your so good at. I just hope for a little more plot deference between them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Too long.

WAY too long. I just couldn't wade thru it. Not even Randi's editing could have saved this. Stories this long just have no place on Literotica. Not even in Novellas. Yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent work

Excellent work, had to comment on the good balance between the relatable characters and situations, and the movie/novel-esque pace at which things progressed. It's a lovely set of emotional dominoes as the story progresses that sees Melody reclaim her confidence, pass some on to David, and then both of them again to Auden. Really looking forward to the sequel I believe you mentioned, as the situation with David's parents and the growing relationship between the three.

As to the "too long, this stuff shouldn't be on Literotica" comment - with all due respect, please stuff a sock in it and grow up. That was the type of comment you'd expect from David's ex-friends, filled with a mix of intolerance and immaturity. Why on earth should long stories not be here? Many of us enjoy them immensely, especially quality work like this - and there was no pretense of this being some sort of short stroke story, so there is no excuse for your baffling decision to tackle this story when it seems to be way outside of your personal preferences (preferences you seem to want to push onto other people; the definition of being an unpleasant asshole).

I've followed your work for a while, BurntRedstone, and you can trust I'll be coming back for more in the future. Still eagerly awaiting the rest of Ben Shepherd's saga

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love your work!

I have read all of your stories, and I really love your work. This was a great one! Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

This is an interesting piece. You make 21 pages look like 5 pages. I can't wait for this 2 be in series. And please Satyr play has been on hold for a while, pls work on it.

Once again excellent story

AZTT2AZTT2almost 4 years ago

Wow! I am really glad there will be a part two. The top long comments are absurd. Great character development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Liked the story a lot. Would love to have a follow up story about what is happening to David's mother.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Very enjoyable. It might be the longest non-serial story I’ve read on Lit, but it didn’t feel long as I read it. Detail was present where it added value, and omitted where irrelevant.

It might be interesting to read an epilogue, or a follow-up story, but this one stands very well on its own. The ending is at a perfectly chosen point, with all principals and events at a good place.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Literotfan83Literotfan83almost 4 years ago
Another hit

I love a lot of your stories and really get engrossed in your storylines and character development. This one really got in depth for 21 pages and I like where it is going. I am looking forward to future chapters as I hope there will be more. Still aching to read more from Ben Shepherd series but this quenched my appetites in the meantime.

Would love to hear more on the mysteries of the mums intentions and reactions to David. I am thinking there is more backstory for her son and the husband. Will wait for more with buttered breath.... thank you :)

vonLassenvonLassenalmost 4 years ago
This one need more than 5 Stars.

This is a really damn good story and it's absolutely NOT to long.

Kind regards

vonLassen

McLovin6787McLovin6787almost 4 years ago
Honesty

I honestly don't think you could write a bad story if you tried, most of your work has me careening through emotions, thinking deeply, and completely satisfied with how it plays out. I'm rarely right about what's going to happen next but never disappointed. Please keep up the fantastic work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Insightful writing

As a "hider" myself in my young days, sure wish I had met someone like Melody way back then.

Thank you for sharing.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Outstanding

As always a great story, as you can tell I'm a fan. When I saw it was 21 page I thought it was to long compared to the other 50 ways stories but by the end I wanted so much more. I hope and pray you will continue this epic tale as there are so many things I want to know, how does it go at school Monday, what will happen with Audens' business, why is Jackie so stressed out when she gets home from work and of course how will David's family react to what's going on and what does the future hold for our trio?

phil80920phil80920almost 4 years ago
You're a great writer

This was another impressive effort, Burnt. You really should consider writing as a profession - I'd buy your books!! Keep up the great work.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Fantastic Writing Again

Quite a long story but does not detract as one gets carried along with the narrative throughout and all for just 4 days. Terrific. Your emotions are tugged all ways but the most poignant I found was when Melody spoke to her son's Colonel informing him of his father's death and saying goodbye.

Would love to know how how they all got on in a sequel??

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 4 years ago
Another intoxicating story from THE MASTER STORYTELLER!

As always, impossible to put down one of your tales once I start! Really enjoyed this one, but the end seemed abrupt, unless there is a sequel to follow!

jmcharl1jmcharl1almost 4 years ago

What a beautiful story!

Just read this, and from the comments it appears I have more to read of yours. Initially I almost didn’t read this when I saw it was 21 pages. However, 21 pages later it feels too short. I so wanted more of this love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

A very good story, but an abrupt ending. I see a chance for a follow up.

Apparently your proofreader was on vacation, a few errors that interrupted the smooth flow of the story. You're stories pull the reader into them as it flows along until an error pops in and interrupts the flow. But I still enjoy your stories, as I've read 40 of the 49 you've posted, quite a few of which I'm waiting for the continuation of. Keep it going, we're waiting.

Anony Mous

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Typically brilliant!

As usual this is another great read, thank you. How long have I got to wait before the next instalment of this story? 5 stars again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not another hit!

As wonderful as it is it is also a bit sad, we have another wonderful cast of characters building a rocking story, but it means another set to add to the list of stories that we are all dyng for a next chapter of!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Such an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing it!

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 3 years ago

Ok, I could find many places in the story where I could have found something that I felt a need to critique. But I will just say that I enjoyed this a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's such a pleasure reading a REAL story, not just an excuse for a sex scene. You are really good at this. Please continue to produce so I can continue to enjoy.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Very, very, very good read! So enjoyable. Loved the story. This story is my first read from you. I am looking forward to reading more from your. And... possibly another chapter for Melody, David and Auden?!?! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just step out the back, Jack.

Make a new plan, Stan.

No need to be coy, Roy...

You're the master of slow, vista-revealing climbs and sudden twists and redirects along the plot's rollercoaster ride that's shared with characters I've come to know and feel exist in a parallel reality.

Now on to the next ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Saw where you are past a bad bout with writer's block; "good news" but sorry you had to go through that. On the list of stories to write, I didn't see a sequel to this one; you promised in the intro; "Instead, it's a beefy tome which will have a sequel" which I, for one, am looking forward to. Praying you don't cut us off and go strictly commercial. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing, and wonderful love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do you ever tire of superlatives? This was the best, but that's what I say as I finish any of your work. The best! Again!

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed this story even if the less believable, fast connections, between the three was not easily explained.

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 2 years ago

Good writing and good story. They are different. Writing takes skill and story takes imagination.

bajohn01bajohn01about 2 years ago

Absolutely great!! Needs the sequel after getting everyone revved up. Please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story and beautiful writing. I couldn’t put it down. Thank you.

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Outstanding story, very well written, now a follow up please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WOW! That was a 'Great' story and one fully packed with changes long weekend. Isn't it amazing how one decision & one event may affect some many people?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think you kept us hanging there with David's mom. I mean one can guess her deal, you've left enough pointers. But I'd have loved a closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this, could be fun to do another chapter.

Simon_Masters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm really looking forward to part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think there is more to be written!! I enjoyed reading it ,so far. Three or four chapters might get it to where it needs to be. Mom needs to know her massage and alone time with hubby might be in jeoprady. Does AUDEN get to keep the Chain of shops

Texanindc99Texanindc99over 1 year ago

Fantastic story. Can’t wait for more chapters.

Need more Shepard too.

Keep up the great work. You are definitely one of the best and most creative writers on Literotica.

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 1 year ago

This story isn't finished...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a fantastic plot development and all so erotically charged page after page after page. Great piece of work and which could be further developed as the erotic love between the three protagonists continues to grow.

David C.

🥸👌

btrying_2btrying_2over 1 year ago

Amazing story. I hated having to turn to the next page as it signaled the approach of the end of this interesting story. Thanks for sharing. John

ghayes777ghayes777over 1 year ago

Weekend number two?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good so far. Now we need to know how David deals with his mom, dad can't hold her down for ever. Did the living arrangements change. How was school now that Euden had big boobs and had paired up with David. Did he continue massages on his mom. Did Euden keep the flower shops. All the trousers and shirts explanation to mom, etc, etc. Looking forward to the next ten chapters😚

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Spectacular storyline. Especially the new girl, Auden. Loved it. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

While I love this author and was really enjoying this story, the massive acceleration of the pace when David and Melody first ran into Auden at the mall completely derailed me. All of a sudden they are boyfriend/girlfriend and want Melody to join into a thruple relationship with Auden inexplicably ok with David sleeping around.

.

That happened way too fast and should have been like a week or two at minimum before approaching that level of complexity. Its like the author realized he wasn't as far along as he thought he was and just hit the fast-forward button instead.

DuncanitaDuncanita11 months ago

Where is part 2? We miss a few closures: mom and her behavior, melody's son, the school"friends"...

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Interesting, fun, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

my only complaint is there has to be MORE !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice read, but agree to 2nd comment here: after Auden joined, the story seems overhasty with events. The scene w/ Davids mother is a bit overblown for me aß well...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have to agree with other commenters about the runaway train ending. Also need more explanation/closure with his mom. And a little more about their future would be lovely.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Great story! I plan to read the sequel in the near future.

5

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

I think this was an amazing story that still leaves a path to discover the rest of the secrets in David's family as well as Auden's.

I think I see some very interesting things to come as we all follow Melody, David, and Auden through their discoveries.

5 stars.

RK52RK526 months ago

Great start to the type of stories you seem to do best. You said in the next story that you would do one more but I hope it will be more than a trilogy. Certainly you have opened a number of different paths and I hope you will continue to address them.

I’d say this is one of your best but all of your stories are great. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This story is implausible in so many ways (especially the extremely fast pace at which everything falls into place), but we come here for fantasy, and this is a damn good one! 5*

WoodencavWoodencav6 months ago

This is one of the best written stories on this site, I love the characters, and the way you describe emotions. I’m so looking forward to the next chapter. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SouthdownSouthdown6 months ago

Another masterful piece of storytelling Thank You. I did find this story a bit loose after Auden appeared. It was a good addition but seemed awkward and incomplete while meandering around what I wanted to be a firm conclusion. Reintegration into his peer group wasn't done as well as I would have hoped and the connection with Melody was less than satisfying, however, I honestly don't think you could write a bad story if you tried I have loved ALL of your stories, please keep writing.

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Damn, can't believe I never commented on this the first time I read it. Genius! Burnt Red Sone is the best Author I've had the pleasure of reading his stories here. Second to none! When he came out with his third part, "Melody for a New Day. I knew I had to go back and reacquaint myself with the story. I love all his Sci-Fi & Fantasy and best acquainted with them. Beautiful story so far so one to chapter 2. Score = 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

dreaming_dailydreaming_daily6 months ago

It took me a while to get into this story, but after some time I was pulled in. What a ride and what an ending. You truly are a great author looking forward to the next two stories in this series. Maybe do a side story on Auden? Her background story needs to be told in my view.

gdbd5959gdbd59596 months ago

Very well written, - I'm a fussy sod, so it has to be good! A bit far-fetched in moments, but it's an entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

18 year olds banging 40 year olds? I don’t get it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

2nd time reading, it's still an awesome story. I wish I had reread this before reading the next chapter instead of after. I hope the 3rd chapter comes around a lot sooner. BR is very talented and has only gotten better. You'll see when you read the next chapter. Anony Mous

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Nicely done, long, started out more a boys stroking story, but you morphed it in to a bit more of a story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Serendipity. The odd and infrequent side occurrences that develop on a journey whether in life or actually. It makes a more interesting and varied experiences than a humdrum boring routine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories