Melody For A New Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mmmm, someone else likes a little peep show," Melody purred as she felt him stiffening once more. "It's my turn to be a voyeur. David, I think Auden needs a little doggy."

"A puppy?" Auden asked in confusion.

Melody chuckled wickedly. "Not that kind of doggy."

David knew exactly what Melody wanted to see, so he quickly moved over Auden's body and flipped her onto her stomach as she squeaked in surprise. He lowered his body over hers, pinning her to the mattress, and ground his cock against her ass. Auden gasped and ground back.

"Oh, fuck! Yes, I do need this kind of doggy!" she moaned softly.

David shared a smile with Melody, who reached between them to position the head of David's cock against the wet lips of Auden's pussy.

"Fah!" Auden gasped, then moaned as David slowly drove himself deep into her.

"So good," she whimpered when he was fully sheathed and his pelvis was grinding against her ass.

David saw the gleam in Melody's eyes and realized she had a voyeurism fetish, too.

She wanted a show? He'd give her one.

He drew himself out to the head, then drove forward to spank Auden's ass with his body.

"AHHH! FUCK, YES!" Auden exclaimed.

David repeated his slow pull and fast thrust until Auden was squirming with desperate need.

"Please! Please! Please! Do it faster!" Auden begged.

He looked into Melody's eyes, and she grinned at him and nodded.

He quickly switched his pattern to a fast, long stroke in and out, and the sound of him slapping Auden's ass filled the room with her yelps of intense joy.

Auden's body shook as she crested again and again, then he pinned her to the mattress one final time as he came deep inside.

"Ahhhh!" Auden sighed and glanced over at Melody as she bit her lip.

Melody chuckled as she watched the lovers. "It seems Auden enjoys exhibitionism as well."

The younger woman gave her a sultry, if exhausted, smile. "Only for us," she said as she tried to catch her breath.

David pulled free and slipped between the two beauties. They shared kisses and then rested back.

When David began to fall asleep, he felt Melody give him a nudge.

"Come on, you two, let's freshen up before we fall asleep. We should change the sheets as well. We were a little... energetic tonight."

David chuckled, then helped them from the bed.

They quickly pulled the sheets off, and David replaced them.

Then they went into the bathroom for a quick refresh in the shower, dried off, and brushed their teeth.

These simple homey tasks brought smiles to their faces as they were so comfortable with each other. David was delighted to find himself sharing a bathroom with two gorgeous women.

As they cuddled in bed with the lights off, his mind jumped to how his dad and mom were doing and if they also enjoyed these simple domestic pleasures.

He was sure they did.

Chapter 4

Melody was finishing up in the kitchen after David and Auden headed off to school when she heard the doorbell. She walked to the entrance, looked through the peephole, and saw Keith standing on the step.

She opened the door and saw him smile at her awkwardly.

"Good morning, Keith! Please come in!" she said, and he did with a nod. "Can we take a seat? My ankle is still healing."

Keith nodded again. "Of course. Just for a moment, though, as I'll need to leave shortly for work."

They sat on the couch and faced each other.

Keith spoke first. "I'm sorry for your loss. David told us your husband recently passed," he said gently.

Melody nodded. "I hope you can understand my relationship with that man ended years ago, and I remained clinging to a false hope that he would open his heart to me. Only when he fled to Arizona to be with his golf buddies this past weekend did I realize I was the only one still in the relationship. I'd intended to file for divorce yesterday, but then it was no longer necessary."

Keith nodded thoughtfully. "Then I'm sorry for how he treated you."

Melody smiled gratefully at Keith.

He cleared his tight throat and nodded to himself. "I'd hoped to come over earlier so we'd have more time, but it's been quite a morning already. I need to speak with you about Jackie and David," he said hesitantly.

"How is she?" Melody asked, knowing the woman hadn't taken her involvement with David well. She prepared herself for a potential battle.

"Uh, not so good lately, but David likely told you about that. She came to see you earlier, and you know her opinion of your relationship with David." He tried to smile, but it looked more like a grimace. She nodded, so he continued.

"I wanted you to know that while I don't really understand the relationship, or relationships in this case, and it does make me uncomfortable, I'm doing my best to keep an open mind. I can only do this because of David's recent behavior. I'm shocked by how mature and responsible he's become so quickly!" Keith admitted.

Melody smiled fondly. "I discovered over the weekend that he's a very self-aware and level-headed young man. He admitted to allowing his friends to define his behavior until his break with them last week. That event was pivotal for him and made him aware of how he'd been acting. He's seriously trying to take his life back into his control. I'm very impressed with his emotional maturity. You've done an amazing job raising such a wonderful son!"

Keith swelled proudly as he smiled at Melody. He nodded then his smile became a little strained. "He's offered his bedroom to Suzie and said he'd help me renovate the existing split room back into a full bedroom for Rick. This raised a concern for me if your relationship with him, uh, fails. He wouldn't have anywhere to live."

Melody placed her hand on his and looked Keith in the eye. "Please don't feel any concern for that. While our relationship is still in its infancy, and we're all aware of its unconventionality, its core is based on respect and friendship. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize David's future, and neither would Auden. Now that I'm going to be alone in this house, I welcome their company."

Keith gave her a relieved smile, then glanced at his watch. "I've run out of time, but I'd like to speak with you again about Jackie. Her behavior is becoming more erratic; last night, she had another meltdown. I managed to convince her to rest at home today."

"I could try to speak with her again--" Melody offered.

"No, I think for now she needs to rest. Maybe later, after we get a chance to speak again. Sorry, I need to go," he said apologetically.

"It's fine. Thank you for stopping by. We'll speak again," Melody assured him as she followed him to the door. "Have a good day!"

"You as well!" Keith said as he left the house. He rushed back to his car and headed off to work.

Melody closed her door and considered that Jackie wouldn't be at work today. There wouldn't be a better opportunity to investigate Jackie's work environment for whatever might be causing the stress that David spoke of.

She grabbed her purse and stepped outside to lock it up. Seeing her car in the driveway, she recalled that she needed to ask David to help her retrieve her husband's car from the airport when his effects were delivered to her by the police, which she'd been told would likely be sometime this afternoon. Smiling to herself, she pulled out her cell and added a calendar reminder to her to speak to David about the car that evening. He'd given her a quick lesson on how this application worked. She added David and Auden to the calendar event so they'd receive invites. Grinning, she slipped behind her car's wheel and headed downtown.

When she reached the south side of town where Jackie worked, she found a spot in a nearby lot before crossing the street as she admired the buildings around her in this business district. David told her Jackie worked on the fourth floor of the old five-story office building ahead of her. The architectural style of the buildings, the faded painted ads on the stained brickwork heralding brands from days-gone-by, and the distinct architectural touches on the buildings boosted the neighborhood's vintage feel. It didn't hurt that all the trees in the area were tall, healthy-looking specimens whose upper branches soared over the rooftops.

Melody entered the building and confirmed the floor on the vintage office directory sign bolted to the wall in the vestibule. A broad staircase to the left led to the floors above, but she opted for the elevator bank further along the hall. She entered one with a group of ladies and saw one press the button for the fourth floor, so she was good.

While the building's stairs boasted antique and ornate railings and balusters, the elevators had been updated to modern glass and steel technology. No doubt to meet current safety standards.

Listening to the chatter, she heard nothing surprising, and the workers seemed reasonably content.

She followed a trio of women from the elevator as it stopped on Jackie's floor. She noted the interior of the building had also been upgraded, as the doors leading to the only office on this floor were mounted on a glass wall. This upgrade looked like it was at least thirty years out of style, but it worked, and wasn't such retro design coming back into vogue?

She pushed through the glass doors and noted Wynthrop Industries, Ltd was painted on the wall in large, bold script letters behind the receptionist's desk. Another throwback design.

As she approached, a young woman smiled up at her from the wide desk.

Melody returned the smile. "Good morning! I was wondering if I might speak with someone in Human Resources if they can spare a moment?"

"In regards to?" the receptionist asked.

"Employment opportunities. I'm just looking at options at the moment. A friend of mine works here, and I thought I might check it out," Melody said with a smile.

"Oh! Who's your friend?" the young woman asked.

Melody smiled impishly. "I promised myself I wouldn't name-drop to ensure I'm judged by my merits alone."

The woman grinned and nodded. "Fine. I'll see if Linda can spare a moment. Please have a seat." She gestured to some chairs against the wall.

Melody watched a few more employees rush in the door and greet the receptionist with waves and smiles. She got a few curious looks, too.

A few minutes later, a thick-bodied woman with her hair teased up into a ball of curls entered the reception area from the back and glanced over at the receptionist, who gestured to the seating area.

Melody stood and accepted the outstretched hand of the woman who approached with a smile.

"Linda Hastings, head of HR," the blonde said with an open and friendly smile.

"Melody Dawson, a widow in an empty nest, pondering if I should get back into the workforce," she replied with an equally friendly smile.

This made Linda's smile widen cheerfully. "And you thought of Wynthrop Industries? I don't think we're currently advertising any open positions at the moment," she said, her expression becoming puzzled.

Melody nodded. "I have no imminent need to find a job, but I do have a lot of free time now. As I mentioned to your colleague, a friend of mine works here, and I thought I'd see if I might get a brief tour to see if this environment might be a good fit for me."

Linda perked up. "Who's your friend? I can ask her to give you the tour."

"I understand she's not in today. I didn't want special treatment because we're friends," Melody explained.

Linda's eyes widened. "Oh! You're that Melody! Jackie mentioned your name to me once. You're her neighbor!" At Melody's surprised look, she waved a hand. "Jackie's the only one who called in for a sick day."

Melody grinned. "I was hoping to not be recognized so Jackie wouldn't feel obligated to upsell my qualifications or find me something."

Linda laughed. "Well, we don't have to let her know you were in today." She smiled and gestured for Melody to follow her. "Like I said, we don't have any current openings, but things change. I can give you a quick tour."

"That would be wonderful! Thank you!" Melody said graciously, and Linda perked up again. The woman was definitely praise-driven.

They went through the doors into a large open area with rows of desks. Linda began to describe what each department was responsible for, and the organization's scale quickly became apparent. She was very chatty and tended to say more than she should when describing the social environment. Gossipy might be a better term, but none of it was mean-spirited, at least.

"Everyone seems quite happy and content," Melody noted as she looked around.

Linda nodded. "We have an excellent team! The pay is industry standard, but we have a good health benefits package as Mr. La Rue has health issues himself and made sure we're all covered."

"What role does Jackie have?" Melody asked.

Linda smiled at her. "Jackie's the assistant office manager. She takes direction from Mr. La Rue, our office manager."

"Oh! I hadn't realized how much responsibility Jackie had!" Melody said with surprise in her tone.

Linda chuckled happily. "Oh my, yes! Mr. La Rue depends on Jackie heavily to keep this place running smoothly. He's been training her for years to take over when he leaves. They spend hours together in his office, and now she knows everything about our operations. Everyone loves Jackie!"

Melody smiled at that. "More than Mr. La Rue?" she said cheekily.

Linda glanced around, but they were alone. "Barry La Rue is an excellent manager. Strict but fair. As I mentioned, he ensured we got a good benefit package and decent, if not stellar, yearly salary increases. It's so sad that he's been unwell for such a long time. We were worried about his leaving, but with Jackie's knowledge of the business matching his so well, we feel more confident about the day he steps down. Jackie will take care of us equally well."

The tour was winding down, and they returned to the lobby just as a heavyset man shuffled painfully through the doors.

Linda perked up again and gave him a cheery smile. "Good morning, Mr. La Rue! I'd like to introduce you to Melody Dawson. She's looking into opportunities for returning to the workforce and was interested in Wynthrop Industries. I've got a good feeling about this one," she added with a bright giggle.

Melody fixed a pleasant smile on her face as her eyes took in the visible signs of the man's poor health.

Barry was at least five-ten but obesely overweight and walked with a distinct limp, hinting a gout, perhaps.

His skin had a slight yellowish tone amongst the grey and spider veins on his face. His eyes were bloodshot and glassy, but most telling was the slight droop of his facial muscles on the left side of his face. He'd either had a stroke or one was imminent.

As he shuffled closer, Melody entered the miasma of over-applied cologne, which he was obviously using to overcome a bad body odor issue.

His eyes held a sharp intelligence and perception, and he'd noted her evaluation. He grunted with a minimal nod to acknowledge her, then immediately turned away and snapped over his shoulder in a rough voice.

"Send Jackie to see me in my office immediately."

His abrupt behavior obviously embarrassed Linda, who'd just been singing his praises. She seemed a little flustered. "Oh! I'm sorry, Mr. La Rue. Jackie called in sick today."

He paused to shoot her a look over his shoulder, then stormed away to his corner office. They heard the door slam from across the large space.

Linda gave Melody an awkward smile, unsure how to react.

"His illness is taking quite a toll on him," Melody said sympathetically as she considered what it might be like for Jackie to work closely with the man.

The HR woman smiled gratefully at her compassion. "Mr. La Rue is having a bad day. He's not been himself lately, but Jackie usually deals with that and keeps everything flowing efficiently."

"Hopefully, Jackie will be back in the office tomorrow. Thank you so much for the tour! You've been tremendously helpful and have given me a lot to think about," Melody said and shook the woman's hand. Linda beamed a wide smile at Melody and wished her well.

Walking back across the street, Melody had the sensation of eyes watching her and realized La Rue's corner office had a view of the street. She didn't turn to look back. He'd seemed agitated enough. Likely a highly suspicious man. Again, her mind went to what it might be like to work for a man who was obviously clinging to life by his fingernails.

Could he be the cause of Jackie's emotional strain? If so, how? Nothing else in the environment stood out as a red flag for stress. Her coworkers seemed genuinely nice, and the HR manager was especially bubbly if a bit of a gossip.

Come to think of it, the only man in the office was Mr. La Rue. How does that happen?

Melody sat in her car and contemplated causes and effects, struggling to think of what might lead to Jackie's stress at work. For her, it all came back to something Linda had said about Jackie spending long hours in her boss' office behind closed doors.

Could he be abusing her in some way? He didn't look healthy enough to participate in anything physical. Verbal or mental abuse could be hidden but would take a toll.

She pondered that all the way home and stretched out on the couch when she got inside. She finally put it aside and picked up her cell as she'd promised Chelsea she'd call her back.

Her friend picked up on the second ring.

"Melody?"

She smiled at the eagerness in the woman's voice. "Good morning, Chelsea. How are you today?"

"Sitting on pins and needles waiting for your call," the other woman replied.

"Sorry to make you wait. I spoke with David and Auden last night, and they said he will honor his promise for a raincheck, but he has one non-negotiable condition," Melody said.

"Oh?" Chelsea said nervously.

"David insists that Auden has to be there. She has a voyeuristic streak," Melody explained.

"What--but I'm not gay!" Chelsea gasped.

Melody grinned. "Neither am I, but I don't regret my time with them." She sighed and let Chelsea off the hook. "She said she'd be there to watch, not participate. She finds that very sexy and expressed an interest in seeing David with you."

Chelsea made an odd sound over the phone, but Melody didn't think it was from frustration or disappointment. After a moment, Chelsea spoke again.

"Being watched... that could be fun... but I think I'd appreciate it more if it was another man," she sighed, and Melody could hear the hesitation in her voice. Then she spoke again. "Is David very experienced?"

Melody chuckled. "Before David, I only had one sexual partner, and he was a dud. You've had more experience with different partners. Perhaps I'm not someone who can objectively give you an answer to that. I can say that David is an eager student and is developing into an incredible lover. His body is amazing! He's so strong, yet he has such a sensual touch!"

Chelsea moaned quietly in need.

Melody heard a little frustration in her voice, so she gave her an option. "How about this? Invite them for dinner and let David make his Coq au Vin for you. Have a nice dinner and get to know them. If you're still uncomfortable with having Auden there for dessert, say good night, and they'll come home. I'll send you the ingredient list so you can pick them up and have it ready for David's arrival."

"Yes... yes, that sounds like a good idea. I'd appreciate the company for dinner, at least." She sighed. "My calendar is completely open now that Julian's family called to tell me they want nothing to do with me. Of course, they used more vulgar words than that. None of my ex's families speak to me. My own parents are gone. My twin sister Brigette got married when we were just eighteen and moved overseas. I haven't heard from her since. You're my only friend!" Chelsea said with a wobbly voice.

1...34567...12