Merchant & Monster Girls Ch. 07

Story Info
Devin introduces the girls to the big city.
9.7k words
4.74
3.7k
16

Part 7 of the 14 part series

Updated 03/07/2024
Created 01/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

More mountainous and nearly impassable compared to the eastern half of the kingdom, the western region of Lindone was a natural fortress fortified by the jagged peaks of the Snowsquall mountains to the south. This natural border, running the entire length of the country, was intersected only by the Frigid Fingers Peaks that curved northwest.

Along with three valleys that were the only feasible means of travel in the region, the peaks formed a T-shape. Nestled in one of these valleys was Iceford, the second largest city in terms of area but first in population. It was too hilly for farmland and lacked any valuable resources aside from stone, so all other raw materials had to be imported. Its value lay in it's strategic location, being the only practical access point connecting the two halves of the north, allowing them to share their industrial endowments.

—----

"So you're telling me your eyes change color in winter, giving you scotopic vision?!?" wondered Devin as Reina led their wagon through the valley leading to Iceford.

Reina nodded. Her previously-amber eyes were now sapphire. "It's an adaptation that helps us Whitehorns see better in dim light."

Even though it was late morning, the light waned this far north, becoming darker as the sun's warming fingers loosened its seasonal grip.

"Whichever color they are, they are lovely."

"Thank you, herd-mate."

"If I ever add color to my sketches, I'll have to remember that," commented Azalea, sitting next to Devin and working on drawings of everyone they met during their recent escapades on the farm.

Devin stretched, glancing at Azalea's progress.

"Was Ryna's chest really that big?"

She cocked her head to the side. "They were big enough that I couldn't wrap my arms around them, so considering the scale of the drawing, yes. Speaking of which," she grabbed one of the gifted milk bottles. While offering Devin one, she heartily downed the other. "So thick and creamy. Do you want to stop and have some, Reina?"

"I appreciate the offer. I will later. I have a good pace going." Reina seemed to have become accustomed to being the sole puller of the wagon. She glowed with healthful vigor as she thoroughly enjoyed the exertion.

Azalea returned the bottle to the basket and resumed her work. "I had so much fun at grandpa Gylan's, life-mate!"

"Grandpa, huh?"

"Yes, grandpa. I've never had one, and he acts like it, or so I imagine what one acts like, and Ellyn was so kind to let me help with the farmwork. I learned a lot about how to milk the satyrs. Which reminds me -- life-mate, we need to have an important talk.

"Reina and I were discussing a few things last night, and we decided we want to do more to help, especially me, since Reina is already assisting with the wagon."

"What do you mean?" Devin asked.

"Food and things."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well, we wondered if you could sell our milk," she replied, lightly cupping her breasts.

Devin took a swallow of Cyna's milk, considering Azalea's idea. "We could. I don't know what your milk would sell for. I don't think anyone has even considered fairy milk as a possibility, let alone sell it at a market before. We can check the records for any past transactions.''

"I can't speak for the taste as I've never tried it. Also, I'm worried I won't produce very much -- by big people's standards, anyway."

"It's not always about quantity. Quality plays an important factor. Connoisseurs will pay a lot for rarity or novelty. We could take a sample and get it appraised. Who knows! We might have discovered and cornered a new niche market, but the first major hurdle is that you're not currently making any."

Azalea jumped up. "Not to worry! Two lactation crests coming right up, but we'll have to adjust our affinity-sharing with Reina. I don't have enough for both of you, which means you're going to have to learn how to use the glyph I'm going to re-paint on you."

Devin dug around in his pocket. "I asked Jyora to jot down some pointers before we left. Let's see what she wrote." Perusing the neat and stylish penmanship, "Huh. It's not very detailed."

1. Focus (helps to relax) & Visualize

2. Sense & Feel

3. Manipulate & Adjust

*Ask Azalea for Assistance

"Different people have different approaches, life-mate, so you'll have to find a way that works for you."

Azalea got on all fours, her butt swaying happily as she rummaged in her pack for more of her painting tools. Finding what she needed, she sat cross-legged and laid out various accoutrements between them: a small bag of charcoal, a vial of some clear liquid, several darker liquids, and a pestle and mortar set. She poured some charcoal into the mortar, grinding it into a powder with the pestle.

"Maybe think of it as something you can touch and move. You kinda have to visualize a stirring motion to both see and use it." In demonstration, she measured some of the charcoal powder into her inkhorn followed by several drops from the clear vial and what might have been a cruse of oil. Then she stirred it with quick motions.

"It also helps to be a little horny," Azalia added.

Her breasts spilled forward as she bent over to reach for more charcoal. As she sat back, the leaves of her dress parted slightly, giving Devin a peek of her puffy vulva squished against the wagon seat. Unless she was blatant about it, Devin was never sure if her seductiveness was intentional or coincidental.

"What do you visualize, Azalea?"

She smiled sweetly. "It's changed since I met you." She pumped the handle of her brush suggestively. "I find it easier to imagine a liquid, so naturally, I picture lots of delicious cum, specifically yours, and stirring my fingers through it so it coats them thoroughly, so I can slowly savor every slimy drop."

After wiping the drool from her mouth, she checked the consistency of her ink. "I had to make a double batch since Reina might take a larger crest. Are you ready, life-mate?"

"I guess," he responded reservedly.

"Could you remove your shirt for me, please? You're giving me the 'why' look. Well, aside from enjoying looking at your topless body, I'm going to remove the supplementary crest."

She reached into a pouch and rubbed iridescent, flecked powder onto his arm and chest. To Devin's surprise, the markings of the supplementary crest flaked off.

"I've been wondering for a while -- won't this come off in water or fade over time?"

"If it was left without activating, yes. When you pass affinity through it, it inscribes itself in and on you." Azalea brushed away the last remnants. "Now that I've seen a real glyph in action, I can paint the proper one on you."

She straddled his leg, loosened the string on his pants, and pulled them as low as she dared lest she become too distracted.

Devin lazily watched her work as she dipped a brush in the ink, and then stiff bristles tickled his skin. He enjoyed her closeness, the weight on his leg, and her body's warmth.

"Azalea, you're going to get my lap wet," he teased.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I was so absorbed I didn't notice I was humping you."

Devin cocked an eyebrow.

"It's true! I kinda just do it when something is between my legs."

"I didn't say I didn't like it." He grinned.

Azalea playfully ground her hips with a bit more exaggeration.

Their playful banter helped to pass the time. Before long, Azalea brushed some hair behind her ear, smudging her cheek with ink. "There we go! All finished," she declared.

Devin looked down. Under his navel, a decorative glyph, slightly taller than it was wide, was meticulously painted in the shape of his internal reproductive organs.

"Now you just need to learn how to use it. I'll leave you to it. I'm going to start on Reina now."

Reina's ears swiveled upon hearing her name. "Do you need me to stop?"

"I should be able to manage."

Flitting her way under Reina's belly, she ran her hands through the cold, resistant fur. She ascertained a rough idea of the dimensions, but there was another issue -- painting while flying was a hassle. "Life-mate, do you have some rope?"

Feeling around the bed of the wagon, he pulled out a frayed coil of rope and held it up. "Will this work?"

"I think so."

After retrieving the rope, Azalea returned to Reina and wrapped several loops around the Whitehorn's midsection. She left them loose to form a makeshift hammock to support herself. Then she gathered up her tools and carefully laid on her back across the loops.

Reina adjusted her gait, attempting to minimize Azalea's swaying. "I've never done this before, and as far as I can remember, no one in my herd possessed any affinity. What's it going to feel like?"

"What? The crest or lactating?"

"The crest."

"It won't feel like anything when it's not active. When it actually starts working, if the girls on the farm are any indication, it will probably feel quite nice."

She placed the ink bottle on her tummy, patted down some unruly tufts, and proceeded to paint.

Meanwhile, Devin was puzzling things out. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and relaxed his body.'Ok, now what?' He flexed and tensed various parts of his body, trying to detect anything remotely magical. Nothing. "I'm going to need more to go on, Azalea."

"Try to paint a picture in your head, something significant or important to you." A hand extended out from under Reina, making broad strokes in the air.

'A picture, huh?' Closing his eyes again, he retreated into his mind:'Let's try envisioning a lake... a tranquil lake, still as a mirror, reflecting the starry sky.'

Still nothing.

'What if I add Azalea into the scene, flying just above the water, skimming and frolicking over the surface in an elegant dance, arms swaying gracefully while performing pirouettes?'

From there, his imagination took liberties: with crest aglow, she danced amongst the shadows of a cloud-obscured moon. The more she danced, the darker the color of the moon became until it blazed a fiery crimson. Skipping and flitting closer to him, she stopped at eye level with her freckled face flushed, her breath heaving white in the moonlight. A few droplets fell from between her legs, causing ripples as they broke the lake's surface.

'There... what's this feeling? It's warm but very faint. It's barely enough to be called an impression, but now that I'm aware of it, I think I just need to bring it to the surface.'

Focusing on the lake, he dipped his mental hands in the warm ripples. The lower he submerged them, the hotter and more viscous they became until he hit something and couldn't reach any deeper. Everything but the water faded into the background. If only he could go just a bit further. He tried digging through the barrier, scooping out the imaginary liquid, but it all just trickled through his fingers.

"Basic outline is done," announced Azalea, disrupting his concentration. "Also, you really create a lot of heat, Reina. Some cold night, we should snuggle!" She buried her face into Reina's belly and hummed.

Reina had grown increasingly antsy within the last hour.

"I... I wouldn't mind doing that. My kind's body temperature increases the colder it gets, s...so our faces get flushed...," she purred as she bit her lip, trying to stifle a gasp. "It has led to some rumors t...that we are always a...aroused."

"Oh? You mean kind of like now?"

"Y...yes, but not from the cold. Azalea, Yo...your feet..."

"What about my feet?" she feigned innocence.

"They are... are rubbing me down there."

"Rubbing your what?" Azalea giggled.

"My... my udder."

Azalea pressed her small feet into Reina's udder. Her tiny toes kneaded and massaged. "I remember you being sensitive down here and how much I enjoyed playing with this squishy plumpness. Does it feel nice?"

"Y...yes, but shouldn't you focus on painting?"

"I can do both," she reassured her. "Remember when we first met, how I flicked your cute little teats like this? I'll take those shivers as a yes. I can't wait till they are full and heavy with milk," she cooed.

------------------

As they neared the mountains, their steady progress west saw the terrain transform from milder green valleys to rocky foothills. A narrow mountain ravine stretched out before them. Stocky trees and stubby bushes climbed the edges, giving way to jutting peaks freshly powdered with snow.

Reina continued to experience Azalea's full attention as the hours whittled away with each brush stroke during travel. Azalea added the finishing touches and smiled satisfactorily.

Wriggling out from under Reina, she flew onto her shoulder and shared, "Definitely the largest crest I've ever drawn, but it looks great. Maybe, if we can find a mirror in the city, I can show you. Now, we just need life-mate to figure his glyph out so we can activate it."

Reina leaned her head onto Azalea's and accused, "you love teasing me, don't you?"

Tensing, Azalea hesitantly asked, "Did I go too far?"

"No... I'm getting used to it, and... I'm kinda liking it," she encouraged her.

Azalea, feeling relieved, nuzzled into her. "Only because I love you, you tell me if it's ever too much, ok?"

"I will. After it's active, how long before I start producing?"

"Depends. For smaller races, a few days. I'd guess maybe a week for you."

Azalea nibbled Reina's ear and whispered, "I love warm milk before bed. These tiny fingers are going to have lots of fun extracting it."

Reina's heart fluttered at the mental image, but before she could comment, Azalea gave her a swift but passionate kiss on the lips. "I'm going to go check on life-mate. Looks like he's been trying really hard." With that, she flew off, landing on Devin's head.

"Making any progress, life-mate?"

Devin opened his eyes and looked up at the cheery face looking down. "Sort of. I think I felt something but can't quite grasp it."

"Keep trying. I'm sure you'll figure it out. That's more progress than I made during my first time."

"What was your first time like?"

"Such boldness, life-mate, asking about a girl's first time!" She put her hands to her cheeks, acting embarrassed.

She dropped to his thigh and flipped onto her back, her head toward him. The flaps covering her breasts fell to the sides. Walking her fingers up his chest, she hummed, "Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime. I'll just say it was with a girl who needed some... inspiration and first-hand experience." She made a V with her fingers and licked between them.

"But for now, life-mate, just keep practicing. The sooner you figure it out, the sooner you get to see these lovely beauties bigger and fuller." She puffed out her chest, squeezing her breasts in her hands. "I wonder how big they'll get? More interestingly, I wonder how much Reina will produce since she has two pairs?!"

Reina looked back. "Whitehorn young are considerable eaters. Sometimes we need wet nurses. Some herds make the excess into a drink."

"Have you tried any?"

"I have not, but I think I remember the recipe."

"Maybe we could sell that, too, life-mate!"

"Possibly. Some of the local pubs or brewers might be interested."

—--------------

The late morning sun was nearing its zenith. It smiled coldly down upon Snowhush Vale. Cut from what the locals called Mammoth Trees, the lofty, double-palisade wall girded the great metropolis that sprawled before the travelers. Lashed together with great bands of iron, the walls slanted sharply inward. It was hewed with a thicker base than the top. Its purpose was the same as most walls -- to keep unwanted things out. Instead of invasion or attack, however, it was a defensive measure against avalanches.

Devin shielded his eyes from the sun's reflection off the snow. A line of people serpentined outward from the gate, waiting their turn to enter the city.

"What's with the line, life-mate?" Azalea asked.

"Just a routine checkpoint for non-citizens. It shouldn't take long."

The trio took their place at the back of the line with the wagon, behind a pair of gossipy-sounding ant girls.

"Oh, life-mate, don't they look cute with their pickaxe and miner hats?" whispered Azalea. She flew over to land on Reina's antlers to get a better look.

Partially armored in a glossy black carapace that matched their pupil-less eyes, they were harnessed to massive wagons laden high with ore. Strapped to their backs were shovels. Each of them had one of their four limbs holding a mattock against their shoulders while two limbs rested on the runners of their wagon. Their antennae animatedly pointed at different people in the line as they held each other's free hand, giggling between themselves.

"Antabelle, see that gorgeous unicorn with the silky white fur and jeweled coronet over there? The one next to the handsome Griffin women bodyguard... do you think she's a princess from the royal family?"

"Maybe? What could they be doing so far from the capital?" her friend replied.

"I don't know. Maybe they secretly eloped and are fleeing the country to escape an overprotective family member."

"Such a romantic adventure would make a great bard tale, wouldn't it? Can you imagine if our princess did that, or worse yet, the queen? There'd be chaos! I'd have to find a new colony. Smearing your scent to all your new co-workers can be such a chore too."

"I can sorta understand from the queen's perspective, though. Her highness has so many attendants it looks a bit smothering. Sometimes you just want to get out of the nest for a while and stretch your legs."

"Don't you mean spread your legs?" her friend tittered.

"Well, that too, but sometimes don't you crave the excitement when digging a new tunnel, hoping to find something amazing? And suddenly discovering it?"

"Not me. I'd love to be a queen, just lazing around all day, pumping out eggs while all the girls fawn over my body."

"You always did like a good fingering after work."

"I won't deny that, but also smearing my scent all over you, so everyone in the colony knows what we did, just feels so naughty."

"You have plenty to spare, even after dripping your scent trail all the way from home."

Devin looked below the wagon. An evenly-spaced trail of droplets stained the ground.

"I know a store in town that sells toys to stuff that slutty hole. Should we go check it out?"

Azalea couldn't hear what the one named Antabelle whispered to her friend, but it was enough to make her friend blush and lick her lips. Losing interest in the two, Azalea smoothed Reina's hair. "Reina would make a lovely queen with a crown and flowing dress."

"She doesn't need a crown. She's already our queen," complimented Devin

"That she is, life-mate, and I love pampering her."

"I think your idea of pampering is different from most," Devin taunted.

"Nu-uh. Pamper is gratifying tastes, appetites, or desires. We both know Reina can't reach back there and is usually too shy to ask, so when we are on the road, it falls to me to take care of her sexy-time needs."

"But you just end up teasing her without the gratifying part."

"I'm building up her tolerance for edging, so when she does cum it'll be all the more satisfying," she said smugly.

"You know I'd rather be the one pampering you two," interjected Reina meekly.

Azalea stroked Reina's hair. "When the opportunity presents itself, I'll let you to your heart's content."

Returning to people-watching, Azalea enjoyed her front row seat to everything she'd only ever read in books. "I've never seen so many humans in one place!"

"Nor so many different demi-humans. How many people live here, herd-mate?"

"Hmm. The last census put the population at around a hundred thousand with a split of three-to-one, with demi-humans outnumbering humans."