Merchant & Monster Girls Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Further prompting and encouragement finally led this one to accept the offers for extra samples. The process was disagreeable, though, and led this one to theorize that human males have poor hand-eye coordination as they kept expelling their semen all over this one's feathers instead of the collection vials."

Devin sighed. "So, in short, you listened to licentious bardic songs to learn how humans have sex and then went to a brothel known for orgies and got tricked into being covered in strangers' semen."

Jeni nodded.

Azalea had pulled her notebook out from somewhere and was rapidly drawing rough sketches of the scenes as she imagined them. "What else did you learn?" she asked excitedly.

Jeni blinked several times, searching her memory for a response to Azalea's question. "This one was startled by the extensive number of positions humans possess for mating as well as made confused over the particular appreciation given to the fatty lumps female mammals possess on their chests."

Jeni stared at Reina's and even Azalea's more-than-modest bosoms. Placing her wings against what appeared to be a very voluminous and pillowy chest, she applied a little pressure on her feather down, deflating the trapped air.

"This one does not possess such an attribute. Additional observation of a large percentage of the participating males indicated a preference to insert their breeding rod into the excretory hole in addition to the breeding hole. This one theorizes that her egg-hole might be viewed as superior as it is multipurpose and can satisfy both desires at once!" she posited, sounding strangely proud of this theoretical revelation.

"The recollection even now makes this one salivate from her lower hole in intellectual curiosity." As if to drive home the point, she spun around, lifted her tail high in the air, and pushed aside her downy feathers revealing a tightly-closed cloaca.

"Jeni, you might just be aroused?" suggested Reina.

Devin stared at her wrinkled opening. From between her legs, Jeni's unabashed expression was ascertaining his reaction. "This one is ready to collect Young Patron's samples at any time."

"Jeni, aren't you embarrassed in front of strangers?" Devin asked.

"This one can smell the arousal from little Azalea, and Reina's body language suggests she is shocked but not averse to observing more."

Devin looked at Reina, who shrugged bashfully.

"Does Young Patron not like this one's egg hole?"

"No... I mean, yes... I mean, it's a very beautiful shade of pink."

"This one has read of distant lands where spectacles are performed for those who wish to see the egg-laying process. This one is more than willing to present a close-up example of how it is done in exchange for Young Patron's samples."

Devin was losing this battle and quite a bit of his composure when Azalea flew to the floor, landing between Jeni's legs. She admired the inviting orifice above her head. Looking into Jeni's upside-down face, she offered, "Your egg hole is very pretty." Then she lifted up the leaf covering her own pussy.

"Thank you, small one. Your breeding slit is also very aesthetically pleasing."

"Might I suggest spreading your hole a little for added motivation?"

"This one is unable to due to the limited dexterity of her wings. If this one had an apprentice..."

"I'd be more than happy to be your assistant! In fact, I've recently had some experience! May I?"

Jeni nodded.

Azalea stood on her toes and spread her wide. "She's really tight, life-mate. Such a rosy color, not quite wet enough, but that shouldn't be hard to fix!"

Devin, by now, had his face firmly applied to his palm.

"Azalea, Jeni, we have many errands to run before nightfall. Maybe we should continue this at a later time?" coaxed Reina.

"Yes," they both said in unison. Azalea reluctantly stepped away, and Jeni put her tail down and turned around.

"This one, as per previous arrangement, ordered the mating secretions and milk from a female sheepgirl and a satyr male."

Devin handed her the wooden box containing her order.

Lifting the lid, she extracted the phial of semen and vials of pre-cum. Then she pushed her goggles down and held them up to the light. "These are most adequate. This one thanks you for your continued patronage and is glad for your support in furthering her livelihood." She pulled out a small purse. "Ten vols, as per the current market price."

Devin took the square coinage and remarked, "You know you are more than welcome, Jeni." He pulled the little owl in a warm embrace. "It was good seeing you again. We have another appointment, so we must be off."

Jeni didn't let go. "Thi...this one would like to request another order."

"Of the same thing?"

"This one requests an order of mermaid caviar."

"Coastal goods, huh? Sure. Any time limit?"

"No time restraints."

"Alright. I'll be heading up there in a few weeks," he said.

Jeni squeezed harder, looking like she desperately wanted to say something but hesitating to vocalize the words for a few moments. "This one would like to inquire how long Young Patron and company is going to remain in the city."

"Maybe about three weeks," Devin replied.

"Has reservations been made at any place of lodging?"

"Not yet."

"Is everything all right, Jeni?" asked Azalea.

"This one rarely interacts with others and has a strong desire to offer you lodging until you are ready to leave," she blurted out.

Devin looked at Reina, who smiled and nodded. Azalea hovered behind Jeni, nodding enthusiastically as she stroked the feathery head.

"Alright, we'll try not to get too much in the way."

Jeni's eyes lit up. "This one will be a good host and will prepare rooms for everyone."

He added to her head pats. She closed her eyes, relishing the affection.

"We do have another appointment. Can we leave our bags here?"

Jeni held out her wings. They all handed over the bags they wouldn't need in town.

Struggling to carry the load, Jeni waddled over to an open corner of her work table and set their things down.

"We'll be back," Devin announced.

Leaving Jeni's, the trio headed northwest toward the entertainment district.

"Your friend is so cute and has the most interesting hobbies, life-mate!"

"I'm sure she would be happy to hear you say that. She doesn't get much of a chance to share her interests with others. She was adopted by an eccentric golemancer who shunned the public, so her only friends growing up were golems he had created. Mavis and I met her when we were younger. She was insatiably curious about the world, very observant and quiet, but when she did talk, she lacked any tact or delicacy when conversing with people. She didn't do it maliciously; she just lacked experience. Mavis devoted herself to helping her acclimate to society as best she could. She left for academy a few years after I became an independent merchant, so we lost contact until she returned and opened up her shop."

"She seemed rather insistent we stay with her. Is she lonely, life-mate? Why not bring her with us on our journeying?"

"Several reasons, really. She's well-established here and has a successful business. While being a traveling merchant is a lot of sitting, the stress of traveling in all kinds of weather and unforeseen circumstances does take a toll. She doesn't have the strongest constitution, so it would be hard on her. Most importantly, she has her dream of creating her own golem."

"Is that hard to do?"

"I don't know the details, but the materials needed are not cheap. Actually building it, I hear, can take years or even decades. She wouldn't be able to accomplish that if she traveled around with us. I do feel bad that I can't be around more often to spend time with her," Devin admitted.

"How about we do something fun with her while we are here?" Azalea proposed.

"Like what?" asked Reina.

Azalea rested her chin on her hand. "I don't know. I'll think of something."

"Returning to the rest of our errands, are we going to see Mavis now, herd-mate?"

"Yes, her office should be about twenty minutes from here."

"Which way?"

"Turn right and head north."

With the exception of Reina, the trio had a chance to stretch their legs and wings. The clumped groups of stores and endless throngs of people became more sparse as they went farther north. The road and walkways became cleaner and spacious houses, decadent with costly cedar and intricate engravings, lined the more expansive streets.

"Is this the right district, herd-mate?"

"Yes. Locals humorously divide it up into two sections: the quiet and the loud. The quiet area is where the affluent live -- government officials and other high rankers in society -- and the loud area is coming up."

Passing under a nondescript archway, lively music and laughter drifted through the air.

"Oh! Musicians!" cried Azalea.

"And a great many street performers," added Reina.

Humans and Demi-humans, dressed in colorful regalia, gathered around the many entertainers and food stalls lining the streets, enjoying the gaiety and festivities.

Azalea looked around, a bit mystified. "Mavis works here, mate?"

"Yes. That building in the distance." Devin stopped and pointed up to a spire of white and blue that rose five stories above them. On each level were small porches with doors, similar to the residences they had seen earlier.

They approached the tower and entered a set of double doors, triggering a sharp ringing to announce their entrance. Inside, smartly-dressed foot couriers were sorting through boxes and letters.

"Why are they all wearing different colored uniforms, herd-mate?"

"To differentiate between the delivery categories: blue and white is for regular mail, yellow with purple trim for express, and purple with yellow trim is for priority. For a slightly higher fee, express is a favorite option. Only a handful of applicants qualify for the last one."

"Doesn't Mavis wear those colors?" asked Reina.

"Yes, she does. To be ranked a priority deliverer, a large degree of trust and discreteness is required. Most of the items being delivered by these few are very costly or rare items that require speed and special care to get to their destination."

"Mavis doesn't seem like a discreet type of person."

"Despite her very airy behavior, she takes her job quite seriously. She is one of the elite delivery harpies who has never lost or been late delivering a package."

Devin stepped up to the front desk. Without looking up, a stern old-looking looking secretary with tired eyes requested, "Send or receive?"

"Appointment," was Devin's response.

Pausing her wax sealing, she looked up over her glasses. "With who?"

"Mavis Ebonplume."

"And you are?"

"Devin Ebonplume. Brother."

She looked him up and down dubiously. Devin held out his ID car, anticipating the need. She shook her head and directed, "Top floor... NOT the roof... room E20."

"Thank you."

Heading to a circular staircase on their left, Reina tentatively put a hoof on the first step. "Can this support me?"

"It should be able to. There are certain standards for civic buildings to allow accessibility for all types of demi-humans, including the four-footed ones."

She added more weight, still tentative. When nothing happened, she slowly took several more steps. "Seems alright."

Without any incident, they arrived on the fifth floor. Searching for Mavis' office, they found it near the northeast side. Devin knocked, but not hearing an answer, he pushed open the door. That yielded a surprisingly organized room, aside from a pile of clothes in the corner, void of Mavis.

As Devin stepped in, Mavis was exiting a co-worker's office down the hallway. Seeing Reina standing in her office doorway, she sidled up to her, and gave her a quick hug. Motioning for her to be quiet, she snuck up behind Devin as he turned around.

Giving a cry of joy, she jumped into his arms. As he grabbed her shapely thighs, in surprise, to support the sudden weight that landed on him, she wrapped her wings around him. Then she tilted his head back and locked her luscious lips over his. Making good on her promise from when she had met them on the road. A firm tongue requested access to his mouth. Knowing it would be futile to resist, he granted her access.

Their tongues danced around one another as her familiar scent washed over him, conjuring nostalgic memories of sad times when he was alone, and her family took him in, of happy times when she complimented his cooking, and even of confusing times when he was unsure what her underlying feelings were, under all the teasing.

Mavis broke the kiss. Their breaths were heavy as they stared at each other. She normally wore her mask and armor of confidence and self-sufficiency well, and she had the talent and foresight to back it up, but the mask slipped ever so slightly. Giving him pause, her sharp ruby eyes showed concern.

The way her wings grasped him as if she wanted something of him but was afraid he would disappear at the mention of it reminded him of a similar time thirteen years ago, when he was eighteen, and she had turned twenty one.

She was procrastinating on certain life decisions. Her parents and family were putting pressure on her about her future, but the feather that finally broke the harpie's back was the suddenness of her first egg-laying. As far as Devin could remember, that was the first time she had shown him that his older sister, while much less than most people, sometimes wanted someone to just be there and to know that he had her back when she needed it.

Surprised by how intently he was looking at her, as if reading her thoughts, she released him and straightened her hat. The mask was firmly back in place.

"Now that's a proper family greeting," she cooed.

Azalea flew up, twiddling her thumbs, "Um, can I have one too?"

"Of course, my new little-sister-in-mischievousness." Parting her lips, she let Azalea take the lead. Her tiny tongue lapped happily at Mavis'. The kiss didn't last nearly as long as with Devin, but Azalea was happy, nonetheless, at feeling included.

"I originally started this to tease Devin, but maybe we should make it a family tradition," she laughed. "Well, that's two of three."

She turned her attention to Reina out of politeness at not excluding her. Believing her being shy and more reserved than Azalea and that she would turn her down, she was taken aback when Reina actually nodded shyly.

It wasn't often Mavis was thrown off her game. She stepped toward the tall Whitehorn, unsure how to proceed. Reina bent down. Their kiss was tentative at first, letting their lips feel each other out. As they warmed to each other, Mavis prodded with her tongue, looking for Reina's comfortability limit. Soon, the two women were going at it passionately.

Azalea had recovered and flapped up to her usual perch on Devin's shoulder. "I didn't expect Reina to actually do it, too. That's actually pretty hot."

"I wasn't, either. I think she'd show a formidable personality if she were just a bit more assertive."

"I do love the shy, passive Reina, but if she ever wants to do anything to me, I'm totally letting her."

"Once she becomes fully comfortable with you, she might just do that."

The Whitehorn and harpy finally came up for air somewhat reluctantly. They let the feeling linger a second before pulling away from each other.

"It's very rare when someone can get me hot and bothered, my dear. You certainly know how to kiss!"

"This was only my third time."

"Really? Must be a natural talent. Who was your first?"

"Herd-mate."

"And your second?"

"Azalea."

"I'm glad to see you three are getting along so well, but enough playing. We should probably get to the business at hand, or Devin might chastise me for taking work too lightly again." She winked at him.

She went to her desk. Sitting down, she opened a drawer and withdrew a scrap of parchment. Then she handed it to Devin, pulled out a small pouch of what sounded like money, and set it on the desk.

Devin scanned the note. "This says they would like to discuss the possibility of me being a broker for a long-distance trade negotiation between two parties, and they would like to discuss the details over dinner at Whitegold."

Mavis pushed the bag toward him.

"What's this?" Devin queried, making no motion to take the pouch.

"A foreshadowing of what kind of profit this deal could lead to. Also, since the meeting place requires you to dress up, a reimbursement for formal clothing."

"What's wrong, life-mate?"

"Few things are scarier to a merchant than money given before a job is finished."

Mavis pulled the drawstring loose and showed him. "Especially when it's this amount."

"Rest assured, Devin, there would be no repayment even if you did not take the job. It is an offer of goodwill, despite all the irregular secrecy. They simply want to have a productive night with you."

Devin calculated as many factors as he could imagine on the spot. After coming to a decision, he reached for the money. "I'll hold on to it, but I'm not spending it if I don't have to."

"That's fine, my overly-cautious little brother. There is no obligation to spend it."

"The note didn't give a date and time."

"Tonight at eight. A carriage will arrive to pick you up."

He had many reservations about this meeting, but he pushed them from his mind. "Well, I suppose we have shopping to do."

"Yay, shopping!" cheered Azalea.

"Oh! I almost forgot, Mavis, could you deliver this to Gylan? It's the profit from the girls' sales."

She took the bag of vol from Devin. "Most certainly. I can after I finish up these last deliveries for the day. Enjoy yourselves, girls! There are lots of fun things to find in the shopping district." She winked and disappeared out through the little porch doorway.

Exiting Mavis' office and the building, the trio left toward the shopping district.