All Comments on 'Merl and Heide'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

Exceeded the original!!!

Not a good thing

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

I'm surprised Merl didn't contact the cayman bank after she was declared dead to get the money. It was a good end to that story. She had wealth, but she lived alone, unloved and unwanted by the man she did love - who she destroyed by her actions. Her death of drowning while unconscious is pretty tame. Hopefully her soul ends up in Hell and she suffers for eternity for what she did.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Not a bad plot continuation however the tale felt very flat. The emotion just wasn’t there. 4 stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

I just can't figure out for the life of me why anybody would spend kind that effort to Polish up a large giant turd which was the original story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Very interesting ending!

5

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

That ending was "Heaveee Man". And old Grim the Reaper waiting for Her...

I enjoyed the story thanks......5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
A fitting ending

She lost it all anyway. But I loved it.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

eh, only so much you can polish a turd

never understood the "i cant believe my wife, whom I allow to fuck other men has actually fucked other men" idea

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 3 years ago

Made the best of a bad job

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not upto the Mark

was a good start but lost the track. Its not even properly BTS

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Generally Liked It, But A Question

Why does Heidi change her name? She wasn't a fugitive. She wasn't wanted (the club doesn't get busted for 6 months after she changed her name, and there was no reason for authorities to believe she had anything to do with the ship sinking). She was willing to give her husband more than half their assets [he got $2.5M from her ($1.5M from the offshore account plus the jewelry), when she kept $2M, and that's besides the assets he had together like the house]. And she tells us that she had hoped her husband would come to find her. So, why does she change her name?

Otherwise, I'm going to ignore some other things, since you say it's your world and doesn't have to make any sense, like:

1. Since when do strip joints have life insurance on their employees?

2. She was a private contractor at the strip joint, and not an employee, so again the life insurance.

3. An LLC does not pay income taxes. It's a pass through entity as far as income taxes are concerned. However, if she didn't want the income to be passed through under her SSN, she could have established a trust that owned the LLC, and the trust would pay taxes under it's tax ID.

4. She was supposed to be the hottest stripper/prostitute for the prior two years, then how come we are told that she just started to work Saturdays only for a month, because she and Meredith just got popular enough to get that highly sought after time slot.

5. Is Greg a retard? How does he think Merl knows everything when he tape records the girls having an extended discussion about how Merl doesn't know anything.

As I said, overall I liked the story. I took your admonition at the beginning of the story that this is your world and you could do whatever you want to mean that I need to lower my IQ about 40-50 points, and throw logic and my knowledge out the window. So, I ignored the 5 points above. However, the question remains. Why does Heidi change her name?

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago
Very good

I love your writing and gave you a 5 (again) but I thought you let her off lightly. She lived on a paradise beach making new friends and had no money worries. She was a bitch who treated her husband with total distain and a lack of any empathy. In this case she really needed more "justice" but I know that wouldn't fit with this storyline.

Looking forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5* but a couple of niggles.

A sad end to Flaming Red. I'm sure many will say she deserved it, but 26 years of loneliness as a punishment for 14 years of infidelity...? Add to that dying alone.

If my wife dies because something goes wrong at her workplace (UK), they are liable and even if I just take the maximum from their insurance, that would be £5million, before thinking of sueing. Plus her employer would be investigated for workplace manslaughter. I'm surprised Merl didn't go after the club, in those 9 months I'm sure he could have come to an agreement.

Which leads onto the royalties, that would have been separate from the club as they were so astute and to my knowledge making and earning off porn is legal in the US (isn't used as a loophole for prostitution?)

I'm surprised Merl effectively gave up $2million without more than the few questions to the lawyer handing over Heide's estate.

Not quite the usual ST madness, but a satisfying end to the disaster odious one posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well it's SaddleTramp. Not much else to say.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Very good another *5* from me and thanks again for writing!

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A fitting ending.

Enjoyed it.

Scores 5/5

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

BTW your story was better than the original, oh well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sad story but enjoy your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good ending

When I read the portion, containing the "freak storm" and the ship going down...my first thought was a surprise appearance by Dr. A.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Very good story. Really sad for him to realize what a farce his marriage was but he did end up living a happy and successful life with his new wife. I hope she was able to blot out the memory of Red.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well, that was a riveting tale, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
aahhh booo hooo

it ended badly for the lying whore. good riddance

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

A great finish. I would have enjoyed her sending a note to Merl before she disappeared herself. Five stars

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Good ending

To a very average story, in fact I could see ST taking over from FTDS if the endings were all that good. Entertaining as always...even without the normal fantasy land 😁. Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Another great one! I could feel his sense of helplessness when he was faced with divorcing her with all of her "contacts". You did skirt around the Cayman account, even "hinted" that something was amiss there. If I was the husband and saw it short $2.5 million, I would have looked into the account and seen the withdraws, proving she wasn't dead. Still loved it, but a couple loose ends were left on the table, so to speak... 5*

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

So, so tale. Really hard to like anyone in this story.

HighLusterHighLusterover 3 years ago

Yep, Odiouser's, "Can You Cheat In An Open Marriage" did indeed benefit from the "Saddletramp Treatment". Wouldn't it be fun to see how FTDS might treat the ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Why would you write a story about such a dumb individual? He finds out that his wife is fucking everyone in town and he still wants her? I don't think so!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

A nice effort "finishing the damn story."

Hooked

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Liked this conclusion... not sure why he’d not persue the cayman accounts tho.... may have led him to the lone survivor as the account got used.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent story

Wow this was one your best one yet can’t wait for a new one

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Pretty good

Not the usual saddletramp total eradication of evil story, but close enough for me. Merl made out pretty well, but Heide/Anita didn't suffer enough for16 years of betrayal. Maybe Merl helped Spence disappear permanently, I certainly hope so. If the cheating bitch loved him and treated him as she did, I shudder to think what her hating him would have been like. Poor thing had to give up her porn and prostitution careers, and.probably didn't get laid as much , bless her heart. But a couple million on the beach in Costa Rica isn't too bad. I suppose that Merl's happy post Heidi life, nightmares, and the Big C are punishment enough in the end. The story was certainly less Odiouser than the original. Thanks for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awful.

This did not hold at all true to the original characters. That ruined the entire story.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
No Way

Couldn't get pass the first page. Screwed most of the single lawyers, the mayor, the governor. Has four million in the bank and has been doing this for fourteen years. Finally her husband didn't know a thing. Give me a break.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

good story ending. Love the way you write

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
what?

so her last thoughts were to go with Merideth and not her husband that she disrespected for all these years?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Saddletramp does it again, another winner

Wonderful story. Merl ended up with a family and a billionaire. Heide ended up lonely with lots of money that meant nothing and loneliness contributed to her demise.As the song Satisfied Mind said,"Money can't buy back youth when you're old, a friend when you're lonely, or a love that's grown cold". That is so true. Saddletramp, you're nearly a genius with the written word!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Yeah

Lot of good stuff here but a cruise ship sinking?

And why didn’t he investigate the Cayman account he knew about?

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good story, as soon as the 'cruise' was mentioned I started thinking that if she was lost at sea it would solve Merl's problems. And it did. The only glitch I see is that Merl knew about the Cayman's account, had the papers he'd found in the attic (in the original story, I think,) but even thought he thought that the check from the lawyer was short, he didn't check into that account.

But that didn't bother me as far as enjoying the story. I did enjoy it. Loved it in fact, a good ending to an unfinished story. There's too many stories that's unfinished. Wish I was a half way decent writer, I'd try to finish them whenever I came across one. But I can't write. I know I can't, I've tried. My hat's off to guys like you that can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great finish

Great finish to the story. Well crafted and written.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
what a way to go

funny how everyone dies but the person that should've died.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 3 years ago
In many ways silly.

But entertaining. 5 stars

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Meh

The characters were unrecognisable from the original story.

Not good.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 3 years ago

1 Star, not really worth that. It was too dark, though much like your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF.....................................................

The writer would have had a single line of thought. In the opening he says that despite everything he still loved Heidi and probably always would. Then in the very next line he declares that he doesn't know what love is. Which is it? All the dithering about whether or not to divorce a complete whore/slut shouldn't even be a question. So why would he be down about the cheating cunt going down with the ship? Saved him considerable time, effort and money. Should have been rejoicing.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Knew immediately she survived. Sad but I don't think she could go without sex after the accident when she stated on the video that no one man can satisfy her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A true Slut

Too bad she died on her own terms. Hell is not a just end for the slut

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 10 STAR STORY!

OKAY, AGAIN, 5 STARS FOR THE STORY! MY FAVORITE AUTHOR DOES IT AGAIN. RIGHT OUTTA THE PARK. A GRAND SLAM! THANK YOU SADDLETRAMP1956.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I really liked the story--

but the epilogue wasn't satisfactory. I am sure the BTB crowd was happy. The suicide and the visions did not seem as really true to the rest of the story.

peter944peter944over 3 years ago

I was glad you decided to take up this story and knew her like wasn’t going to end easy, never expected you to sink the whole boat, lol.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Good Finish

A good conclusion of the original. Easy to pick holes but I enjoyed this and it seemed a just ending to an awful situation. Surprised she even survived and not sure why that had to happen - is it to show remorse.

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Very enjoyable fictional story. The only things that were somewhat lacking was a lack of further physical revenge on his “friend” Spencer and the lack of the obligatory wrongful death suit against club “Red Balled”. Still a five star effort.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
I knew it.

I knew when the balance in the bank account was off she was alive. I just didn't know how you were going to bring her back. Good save to a story that did ramble on bit, by a new author, and that was a little hard to believe anyone could hide what Heide was hiding from Merl, but you did a pretty good job of resurrecting it. Well done.

barry_mccockinerbarry_mccockinerover 3 years ago

It seems like you discarded the characters from the original story and just made them into completely different people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Considering what you had to start with, you did OK.

But what did she have to gain by pretending to be dead? She would be even more of a celebrity. Please, I'm going to puke if anyone suggests the death of Meredith and the other customers totally changed her character and her values. She murdered her unborn child, sterilized herself, condemning her husband to a childless marriage, then became a notorious prostitute, having nothing but contempt for her husband, her marriage, for the virtue of being a woman. And were supposed to believe that her side kick sleeping with the fishes is going to be a life changing event? This selfish arrogant soulless monster? Uh, forgive me, but I am just a bit skeptical. Is that unkind?

But at least it got this abortion of a plot the hell over with. The husband was too stupid to breath, so his comeback and success is just silly. He would have fallen for another whore and ended his days dying of HIV and having no clue where he got it.

Thanks for the effort.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

I was waiting for Adrestia to show up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As Always

The wife turned evil, then regretted in the end, and finally, BURNED. The husband found the ideal woman and they live happily ever after, but not after making him the hero. Although, before signing off, he made one big mistake. He joined saddleTrump during the stupid seige of the state capitol on that fateful day of January. Now, he's not considered as hero anymore, as he's being hunted by the FBI.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Entertaining. She loved him in a weird sort of way. At least she left him 3.5 million plus another million in jewelry and coin . Also any other assets they had . Deep down he knew she was alive when money was off. Her sending a letter in mail just before she ended it would’ve been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good ending

I enjoyed your ending.

I also wondered what it would be like if Heidi did send one last letter to Merl..... mmmmm.... thank-you

brian_scooby

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Open marriage?" - That means other partners, not prostitution! "Proof?" - He's got her records, the computer and the cash. How will she legally account for the cash? She gives him the divorce, half the cash, or he goes to the IRS!

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Saddletramp‘s follow up is faithful to the original in that both it and the original are ludicrous and ploddingly predictable. Sometimes authors leave their stories unfinished because they realize no conclusion can salvage it, yanno.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

sorry but u let the wife off too easy

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

The original story was too over-the-top, and this continuation just makes everything just so unbelievable that no suspension-of-belief can make the story the least bit interesting. Stories need some reality and suspense to be interesting.

The original story and this story also still fail to explain why Heide became attached to Spencer, as there was clearly no benefit for her. Just another key aspect of the story that makes no sense at all.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Best of the lot

Of all of the conclusions offered to date this is the best. There is no over the top shenanigans or high tech spy craft. This is the story of a wronged husband that ends really badly for the wife. I liked it.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

In Saddle Tramps world anything can happen. I like it like that. Keep'em coming, and I'll keep reading them.

@johnadp, you said "Otherwise, I'm going to ignore some other things, since you say it's your world and doesn't have to make any sense, like:"...

But you went ahead and listed them,

@Schwanze1

Yeah

Lot of good stuff here but a cruise ship sinking?

It wasn't a cruise ship it was a modern schooner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Death of a Whore!

Good end to a sick and selfish woman. She had to be less than sane to enjoy the life she led, steeped in lies and deceit. She did suffer, a life of loneliness, cut off from all those she knew. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
just a short note

Good for him I guess, but he made his bed and was a cuck by choice and a fool....atleast in the beginning

As for the whore...who fucking cares she got off easy

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

MERLE IS SUCH A WIMP, A FOOL AND HEIDE A FIRST CLASSWHORE

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

5 Stars Tramp!!! Great Karma your way!!!

Sak77Sak77almost 3 years ago
There's HOPE!!

Yeah . . . I hope she joins Meredith in HELL!!!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

sattletramp1956 rocking the LW's section. Everyone gets old. Women have it worse than men. A man misses his strength. A woman her beauty. Even a woman who is hot her youth loses her appeal. Worse are those who struggle with their vanities trying to keep their looks. Lipstick on a pig. That's what fate had in store for Heidi. A retired old worn out whore.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

im glad u detailed it and said "thank you for your time" instead or just thank you. because it would have sounded like he was thanking him for fucking his wife lol. man this MC is a bit dumber than most the MCs on this website lol. of course it would be a boring story if he wasnt dumb

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

from context in this story makes me wonder why they married and agreed to an open marriage which they didnt seem to want. and were there no rules, i mean if u agree to an open marriage with no rules or some kind of details then everything she did was ok well everything but the lying. which is weird in it self why lie in an open marriage. wish we could cull stupid ppl. would say glad this is fiction but damn there really are ppl that dumb out there

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Why did you need permission when there was an open invitation?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"You fucking bastard," - LOL, MERL's a "fucking bastard?" If he is, then what's Spence, who's fucking Merl's wife, not even telling him about what she's doing?

JAFCriticJAFCriticover 2 years ago

Thank you for your work. Sent you DM with my thoughts

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Thank you for your trash cleanup in aisle 3. If LitRot would return to putting ratings on suggested stories; it would save readers like myself from wading through piles of shit like the original. The author has 16 stories; only 2 over 4 and 3 under 3. Not much to be done but put up a fan to blow the stench away.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Great entry Tramp. Even a story that wasn’t your gets the ST touch

O just wonder does everyone in the Saddle Tramp universe get served lasagne???

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

You didn't have much to work with but curiosity brought me here to see if the drivel that was the original could be salvaged. Valiant effort but it's just not possible.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 2 years ago

Oh I suppose you could legitimately say that the nonsense situations you describe in this story were inherited from the previous author. That leads me, however, to the next point: why would you bother trying to finish a story so ridiculous? Nobody actually acts like these people do. None of these situations, characters or dialogue actually happen in real life, especially not all at the same time. After a page and a half, I found I couldn’t finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

DTB - drown the bitch

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Uh no. You don’t tell your enemy what intel you have. I’m used to dealing with the absurd w this writer but really?

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Now that is a conclusion that is excellent, the writing the storyline. Everything that made this originally unfinished story was there and Merl, his new wife, and his son lived happily ever after. Well, Heide lived a not so happy live in isolation watching Merl and his new family go on living a wonderful life, one she could of had, but she destroyed it all with deceit and lies, then getting cancer and finally dying by her own hand, sad but she deserved her timely end. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not one of your better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Speak of clueless wimpy cucks, Merl takes the cake

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think you did a good of finishing of a sad cuckold story.

Canuck5697Canuck5697over 1 year ago

Beautifully written, but sad really. Merl's an idiot and Heidi's a twisted bitch.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Wonderful ending...

JBird11JBird11over 1 year ago

OK, lift it up and tell the drowning at sea story line. I was looking forward to a confrontation during the divorce proceedings. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She didn't suffer enough. Deserved a fate far worse than what she got.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the way you change the endings. I really think this ending fit the story very well. On to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I never thought I would see the day when I'd read a story by ST that I hated. He must have written this as a farcical story. I finished it only to see how it rolled out.

The MC is beyond pitiful and, by comparison,makes a box of rocks look brilliant.

That God this was not the first story I read by thus wonderful writer, otherwise it would have been the last.

The wife's ending story was interesting and, at least, she had enough conscience to just disappear.

That was a nice twist but the rest of the story, for me, a waste of time.

OOAAOOAA12 months ago

Great good and sad story!!! Congratulations!! 5 stars!

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

I love that you include such detail epilogues.

Buster2UBuster2U9 months ago

10 stars for ST, amazing writing, absolutely amazing thank you so much! Buster2U

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn, what a way to end everything, damn! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS again!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

Thought it was going to be really good until the boat sunk. That stole all the revenge you had built up. :(

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...