Mia, the Kinetic Sorceress Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, then," she purred as she swooped in for another soul-bursting kiss, "I guess that means I can't ever let you out of my sight."

* * * * *

I am very old now, much older than I ever thought I'd be. By virtue of Mia's influence and constant love, I have remained comparatively healthy for a man of my years, and look quite a bit younger. Still, my body will not last forever and I can feel the inevitable approaching.

Not that I am the least bit worried about it. When I pass, I believe it will be painless, and even if it isn't, pain is temporary.

I have lived a long and delightful life with my beloved Mia. The stories and adventures and wonders we shared are too numerous to recount here. Suffice to say that my life has been nothing short of miraculous. That night, when we learned that our lives and our eternities were forever joined was the happiest day of my life. What waits for me will be, according to Mia, as perfect and fulfilling as anything you could imagine. That may be true, but it will be hard to beat that moment of realization so many years ago by Mia's pool when we pledged our souls to each other.

I am fading now. I lay comfortably in the bed that Mia and I have shared on countless nights. I have had enough experience with the sensation of pouring my energy into someone that I can recognize when it is pouring out of me. And that's OK. I won't rush the process because life is a gift and not a single second should be wasted or taken for granted. But as my lifetime ends, my forever will begin, with Mia.

Mia is gone now. When we realized that I was truly dying I refused to leave anything to chance. Mia protested but finally succumbed to my wishes. That was probably the only time in our life together that I talked her out of anything. Her final journey was effortless. I imagined her finally coming to rest where she truly belonged, happy and content, and that simple thought was enough to send her on her way. And she knew I wanted her to be there so there was no homing beacon. I had let her go.

These past few days since she went away have been the hardest. It is like final exam week before summer break at school: you know there is something wonderful waiting if you can endure just a few days of hardship. But I know this isn't hardship, not really. I am missing a part of me, but although I can't feel her I know she can feel me and that means I am not alone.

I can feel the last drops of energy pouring away. I am closing my eyes and letting my body go limp. The light of the room that was creeping through my eyelids is fading, a hazy blackness covering everything I can see. My mind's eye likewise goes black. For a split second I am in complete silence and total darkness.

And out of that darkness, a pair of dazzling blue eyes, flecked with brilliant silver, unfold before me and I know that I am forever home.

The End.