All Comments on 'Midlife Fallout Ch. 02'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Great story... A Hallmark movie for sure

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
Five Stars

Such a sweet ending to such a sweet story. I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing these two characters and their romance. Your writing vastly improves with each story, and each is a joy to read. I hope you will continue to write for many more years to come.

LaceyDresserLaceyDresserover 4 years ago
Maybe I'm being nit picky...

...but this should be in the romance category versus mature. As for the story line, one thing didn’t make sense and kept nagging at me, which was why Blake had a dog. I realize you needed some kind of mechanism for them to meet, but her having a dog after moving from St. Louis to Seattle, and living there only a few months didn’t seem like a logical, or even an illogical thing someone would do. Especially when you consider she worked full time and essentially all but lived in a ten foot square room. I know, kind of nit picky, but unless I missed something, I just couldn’t comprehend a woman in her late twenties in the situation she was in doing this. In spite of that, I gave you fours stars. Otherwise it would have been five, and definitely something worthy of the Lifetime Network.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Higher scores if it was in Romance.

I normally read about cheating: wives and husbands and revenge. Forsome reasonI read this (I read the conments of other authors' stories, andwhen I see a comment from someone I haven't read before, I check out any stories they have--that's how got here.) Well written, plays out nicely, no noted spelling or grammar errors: all in all, a very workmanship job. (Even if it's notmy usual fare!)

I gave you a 4, but the question of what had happened to the ex-wife before and after her trip to Seattle was something I would have liked answered. Also, as another commenter noted, how did she acquire and care for her dog, Princess? Her roomates didn't seem to be the type to take the dog out for, or clean up from, bathroom breaks and while cats and dogs can sometimes be trained to urinate and defecate into a toilet; that's very rare. A "kitty litter" box for the dog in her small rom with thin walls would cause malodorous smells throughout the place.

So now I have to eat several pounds of fiber to get my blood sugar down, and go back to the cheating spouses

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed it,but I can't grasp that Blake could have a dog in the flat she shared.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Great story. I don't mind reconciliation stories but so glad it didn't happen here. I almost wanted this to have a bit of revenge, show all the ex-friends she was the one who destroyed their lives. but I think the story worked better with the revenge of happy living while giving no care for the old life. 5 stars.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Dang, Sir James, I have my favorite Authors and I've been reading your stories Alphabetically and so far you've scored a solid 5 stars on everyone of your stories. Sure glad I can get your stories as they are accepted here. Keep them coming Sir!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The storyline was great. It such an old story, the wife leaves a successful marriage and after the divorce she has an epitome and decides she wants him to come home and act nothing has happened. In this case she got exactly what she deserved and that was getting kicked to the curb when she tried to get Steve to come back. The important thing is that Steve and Blake lived happily ever after with Steve's kids moving to Seattle to be with them. The only thing I really didn't see in the storyline was how much did Steve give Nancy in the divorce if he ended up with $46 million. Well done 5 stars

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Another

Another female with a mid life crisis before her time.So where did she vanish to,homeless shelter?.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

Loved the ending but getting there was hell. Glad he kicked the C word to the curb and got Blake back. My wife always loved viewing the Hallmark channel but I never cared for the mush they showed, yet here I'm reading and responding on a story that just screams "Hallmark", lol. Well done and five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES