Mike and Sarah Pt. 03

Story Info
Mike and Sarah, meet the families and forge their future.
38.7k words
4.74
2.2k
5

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 02/23/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Waking up on Sunday morning I immediately noted how sore and stiff I was from the previous day's exertions on the cricket field. Disappointment flashed as I quickly realised that my promise of morning fun with Sarah had evaporated. The idea of spending the morning in bed with her had prompted some very enjoyable dreams during a very peaceful night's sleep. Not wanting to move I did manage to pull Sarah a little closer to me before drifting back to sleep.

I woke up again a short while later to the feeling of Sarah gently grinding against me while guiding my hands gently over her breasts. When the chance provided itself I managed to give her nipple a quick pinch and a soft kiss on the back of her neck. Instantly she turned around in my arms to give me a quick kiss.

"Morning Baby, how's my superstar boyfriend this morning," She opened brightly with a big smile.

I let out a soft groan as I readjusted to accommodate her. Concern instantly came over her face as she noticed my discomfort.

"What's wrong? Are you okay, I didn't notice you getting hurt during the game and you didn't seem injured last night."

"No, I'm fine," I replied, "I'm just a little sore and stiff from yesterday. You know doing 150 odd squats in under 2 hours is a little strenuous."

Giving me a concerned look, "I didn't realise that cricket required so much effort. In the little I'd seen before and even watching yesterday, it just seemed to be a lot of standing around. But I suppose it takes some effort to bowl and bat."

"I didn't bowl, and it wasn't the batting. Wicketkeeping is hard, constantly getting in and out of the crouched-ready position. It's one of the reasons why no one wants to do it and is considered highly specialist."

"It's also sexy, you're bum looked so tight watching you crouched like that. But I can see how doing it repeatedly would be like doing nothing but squats for 2 hours. I suppose that means no fun time this morning," she replied with a slight pout before smiling. "Cuddle me for a bit, we'll get you into the shower and I'll give you a massage to see if we can work out some of that stiffness."

Lying there we spoke carelessly about the day before. After a while, I asked the key question, "What time are we expected to be at your Mum's?"

"She said around 2 is fine but if we're going to be a bit late to text. If you're too sore we can always cancel."

"No it's alright, the walk will do me some good and it's rude to cancel the day of unless it's a true emergency or unavoidable," I told her with a quick kiss to thank her for her concern. "We just need to stop by the shops on the way over."

"What do we need from the shops? We're just going to lunch at Mum's."

"Well dear, you know how you needed to dress up to meet my aunt and uncle? There is no way I'm turning up at your Mum's without flowers and a bottle of wine. You're coming with me because you know what she likes."

Following our shared shower Sarah proceeded to give me a full body massage concentrating on my worst areas but also taking her time with the areas that needed no attention. When she was done she left me lying on my back to wash her hands of the excess lotion before turning her attention to my wardrobe. After a few minutes of rifling through my clothes, she emerged with a pair of jeans and a button-up shirt.

"Wear this shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Don't bother tucking it with the jeans," She told me in a no-nonsense tone.

"I thought I wasn't supposed to let you help me choose my clothes?" I asked her facetiously.

"When it's time to impress me that is all on you. When it comes to my Mum and other things I get to help," She responded with no humour in her tone.

"What about you? Aren't you going to dress up?"

"What for? I'm having lunch at home with my Mum and boyfriend, that's not a dress-up occasion. You're the one meeting her so you're the one who has to make an effort. Leggings and a hoodie for me."

I laughed and dressed while watching her pick out a plain hoodie from my collection.

When were both dressed she quickly went to her bag, pulled out the 2 t-shirts she had previously stolen from me and put them in my drawers before selecting 2 new ones.

Happy with her selection, she looks up at me and laughs, "What? I told you, I need 2 shirts a week, one for me and one for pillow Mike. Oh, and this hoodie is mine now. I have you're Uni one for while I'm here and this one for when I'm not."

Shrugging my shoulders in acceptance I don't even bother to argue, "Coffee and bacon sandwiches?" I ask.

"Yes, to the coffee, no to the bacon. Mum tends to go overboard for guests so we'll need to turn up hungry."

Having received my orders I proceeded to make us coffee without pushing the issue further. Eventually, the time came to leave the house and we had an enjoyable hour roaming our nearby shops. I felt my nerves building as we picked out a nice end-of-summer bouquet and a bottle of wine. We were walking to the house when Sarah decided to speak.

"I don't know why you are so nervous, I love you and I tell her every day. Just be you and it'll be fine. She'll love you and I know it."

Arriving at their place Sarah's mum was a gracious host. I was barely able to greet her as Mrs Timms before she insisted I call her Liz. Sarah is right, she has gone overboard, she had made a starter of bacon-wrapped goat cheese before serving one of the finest roast lamb dinners I have ever had. We had just finished a dessert of tiramisu and were having coffee when it all fell apart. Throughout lunch, she had asked me every question I expected and I like to think I answered them appropriately. A sudden shift in her tone put me on edge.

"Mike," She started slowly, "I can see why my daughter is so taken with you. Just seeing the smile on her face every day makes me approve of you."

She took a deep pause and before she could start again I felt the need to interrupt, "But?" I asked her with a suspicion of where the conversation was going.

Looking back at me with a sad face Liz continued, "Well, I know her Gramp, Nana, as well as her Dad and without being rude I know you aren't what they expected for Sarah."

Instantly I got a sinking feeling in my stomach, I knew where this conversation was going and it was something I couldn't avoid and cursed myself for not preparing Sarah for it.

Before I could intervene Sarah interrupted, "Mum! What are you talking about, I love Mike and he loves me. Dad, Gramps and Nana will be happy for me."

Just before I could look at Sarah, Liz caught my eye and shook her head, this was a mum-and-daughter moment. Liz gave me one more look before responding,

"Sarah, honey I know you want that to be true. But your grandparents are a bit old-fashioned and honestly Mike isn't what me and Dad dreamed of when we imagined your future."

I knew I needed to interrupt, but sadly my interruption would only make it worse. Just before I could work out the words I needed to say, Sarah struck back,

"Mum, are you saying that you and Dad didn't wish for me to find someone, who loves me, who makes me feel happy, safe and wanted?"

Unable to hold myself back anymore I answered for Liz while looking her straight in the eye, "That's not what your Mum is saying. They do want that for you. They just didn't expect or imagine it to be with someone like me."

Sarah gave me a confused look, "What do you mean someone like you, Mike?"

"Sarah what your Mum is trying to say is that they never expected you to end up with a person of colour. I'm mixed-race, half-black, and my Mum is from Botswana, she doesn't want to say it out loud but that is what she was insinuating."

Sarah's face went white in horror as she gave me a deep look, searching for something she couldn't find before turning to her Mum,

"Mum, please tell me he's joking or lying. You always told me that the only colour that matters in a person is red because that's what we all bleed, now you're saying my family will hate my boyfriend because he's mixed?"

Before she could answer I saw sadness flash across Liz's face, "Sarah, I know what I told you, and I believe it, but Gramps and Nana are from a different generation where it wasn't as common as it is now. Your Dad may not be so obvious with it, but Mike isn't what he imagined for you." She took a deep pause before continuing, "I'm not trying to hurt either of you, I just want you to be ready for the pushback."

Sarah tried to grab my hand under the table but I shook her off. I knew she wanted to defend me but this isn't her fight. Looking sternly at Liz I lay my cards on the table,

"There will be no pushback, if I get to meet your parents or Sarah's Dad I will be nothing but respectful, not for them but for Sarah, I only expect the same."

Liz gave me a deep look before responding, "And what if they can't accept it, would you ask her to choose?"

Truly angry, I worked to keep my voice measured, "If it comes to that I won't be the one asking her to choose. I can suffer all the disrespect your family has for me to keep her happy. I couldn't care if your family hates me as long as I see your daughter smile. But no, I won't make her choose, I'd walk away before putting that choice before her. I've experienced real racism. I can live with dirty looks from your parents to keep her happy. However, if they make her cry then I will do what I must to protect Sarah. Now if you'll excuse me I no longer feel welcome here, so I'm going to go. Thank you for the delicious lunch." I kiss Sarah on the top of her head I reassure her I don't need to be seen out and leave.

Feeling distracted, I found myself in the pub, I didn't want to go home and be alone. Ignoring the regulars I grabbed a drink and went outside to stew in my anger. Unfortunately, the only empty table put me with my back to the door. I'm not sure how much time passed before I heard the sound of suitcase wheels on concrete, but before I could investigate, the seat next to me was taken. It was Sarah.

"I guessed I would find you here."

"And what if I wasn't?"

"Then I'd have Mandy, Adam, all the girls and the boys around town trying to find you. I called here first and once they knew it was me they were only too happy to sell you out. They even put my drink on your tab without me asking or checking with you," she finished with a laugh.

"Sarah, what are you doing here? Your mum made it clear, my heritage means I'm not good enough. I'll never ask you to choose, so let's just make it easy while we can."

In a combination move, she grabbed me by the face and gave me the most passionate deep kiss I had ever received before slapping me across the face so hard I saw stars.

"You arsehole, I couldn't care less if you're white, red, black, blue, green, purple or fucking pink. I only give a shit about how I feel when I am with you, safe, sexy, beautiful, wanted and loved. Do you want to know how I felt at Mum's after all of that? I felt unsafe, no longer safe to love who I wanted in my mother's home. I know with your history you won't get this, but my mum's house is supposed to be my safe haven. The one place I always felt protected and when you left I felt unsafe. And then I realised I didn't care, I have a safe place with you. So, deal with whatever is going on in your head and take me back to my safe place." She's lost her temper now, unable to face her I get up to go to the bar to refill our drinks.

Returning from the bar I realised she had brought a full suitcase with her I decided to ask about it.

"Babe, why do you have a suitcase with you?" I ask gently.

"I told you I don't feel safe at Mum's anymore so I'm moving to my other safe place until we can fix it. Luckily I have a hook-up there. He won't turn me down, he loves me."

I pulled her in for a cuddle and kissed the top of her head. I really shouldn't have bothered because her response was quick, "Oi, you're not off the hook either for walking out and leaving me there. You can't just kiss and cuddle me and think I've forgiven you. If I could sleep in your bed without you, you'd be looking at the sofa tonight."

Not quite realising how much trouble I was in, I fought back, "Babe, it's my flat you can't kick me out of my bedroom."

I was wrong, her only response was "Try me, prick."

I knew I couldn't win when I pulled out the big guns, "Sarah, you know I love you right?"

"Of course I do moron you think I'd be pissing off my Mum and dealing with your nonsense if you just like me. Fuck off and do better."

I hated her being mad at me, so eventually I tried an apology, "Babe, I don't think your mum meant any harm in what she said. There's a lot of truth in it, maybe I didn't expect it from your family, but there are people out there who will see us together and not agree. It's not so bad here, but I saw and dealt with a lot of it growing up in Botswana, visiting South Africa and even a little bit in Newcastle. I'm sorry I walked away, but it's my inbuilt response to situations like that."

Sarah gave me a sad look, "I don't care, Mike, the world is just going to have to accept it. A few ignorant arseholes aren't coming between us. If anyone goes after you for being with me then I'll protect what I love."

"Sarah, in all likelihood, they aren't going to come after me. Maybe 30-40 years ago when racist violence was more prevalent and easier to get away with. But in my experience, if they're going to target anyone it will be you. It'll be words, little whispers, things like 'race traitor'. For me it's just part of our relationship, every time someone makes a joke about me not being good enough for you, there's a part of me that wonders if my race is part of it. But I've grown up with that insecurity, and now I just let it go and ignore it, you're going to have to learn to do the same."

"As long as I have you next to me if and when it happens, then I'll be fine," She replied firmly.

"Even with your family?"

"No not with my family. I'm not going to ignore it if my family does it, I'm going to call them out on it. I can ignore random strangers, but I won't let my family disrespect you, me, or what we have. If the only problem my family has with us being together is your skin colour then it's their problem, not ours."

"Sarah, have you really never thought about it? The fact I'm mixed," I asked curious now that the conversation was out there.

Taking a sip of her drink, she paused before answering, "Yes and no. I can honestly say when we got together it never crossed my mind, I guess it helped I was already a little infatuated with you before we met, so when I got to know you it was more about getting past your hard shell and convincing you to let me in. It was only when the girls started making jokes at our brunch that it came up. Not in a bad way, you know they all love you, it was little things like questions about your equipment and things like that, also a few jokes about how cute our babies will be with our combined looks, especially if they get your skin tone and my eyes," she finishes with a big smile.

"Babies huh, I'm not sure we're ready to have that conversation."

"No, we're not and definitely not for a while, but yes I have thought about our future, and that includes having your children."

"Okay."

"Okay."

Reassured that all was going to be fine, I checked the time and realised it was still fairly early, "Babe, what do you want to do now? Go home and settle in or stay out for a bit?"

"Can we stay out for a bit? It's a nice day and I'm sure Mandy and Adam will be here soon. She sounded pretty worried when I phoned her and told her what had happened. She was torn between coming to my place, yelling at Mum, and coming to find you. And since you're so predictable she guessed you were here before I could tell her."

Her words turned out to be prophetic, less than 20 minutes later Mandy and Adam walked in to find us with a tray of drinks. Mandy immediately came around to my side of the table to hug me while Adam just gave me a sympathetic look as he put the tray on the table.

Not wanting to have a big conversation about what happened, I addressed it before anyone could say anything, "Guys we've spoken about it, we're good, no need to dwell on it."

Mandy looked at Sarah for reassurance who just nodded her head. After that, we settled in and had an enjoyable time drinking and laughing in the late afternoon sun. Inevitably it was Mandy who dropped the next bombshell,

"Mike so when are you and Adam going to take us on a double date?"

"Mandy haven't we been double dating since the first night Sarah spent at my place, I mean what is this right now? Then there's the Sunday lunches we've had in this very pub when she first started coming to mine."

"None of that counts, the Sunday lunches were before you and Sarah were official or had a proper date. And this right now is 2 friends and your girlfriend checking on you and cheering you up after some idiot said some hurtful ignorant things. I mean a proper double date, where we get to dress up and look good, have our chairs pulled out for us and generally be treated like the queens we are, putting a bottle of wine on your tab here doesn't count."

I looked at Adam for support but he just rolled his eyes and I saw no support coming from Sarah. "Okay Mandy, what did you have in mind? Do you want to go out, or will a nice dinner at mine do the trick?"

"Dinner at yours sounds lovely and it's been far too long since you've had us over but no that will have to be another time. We want to be taken out for a nice dinner with dancing and cocktails afterwards."

I quickly realised the game was lost and this had probably been a topic of conversation between the girls for a while, "Okay Mandy, Sarah, is there anywhere you want us to take you for dinner since you seem to have all this planned out."

It's Sarah who answered this time, "No the restaurant is up to you boys, you can't make us do all the planning. But not the Dragon, I know how you get your tables there, and that's our place."

I looked at Adam who seemed happy for me to take this one by myself, "Okay, I'm sure we'll come up with something, Friday or Saturday?"

"Saturday, that will give Sarah and me plenty of time to get ready, no use rushing it after work on Friday," Mandy answered without hesitation.

With our weekend plans sorted out, we managed one more drink before Sarah said we needed to go so she could unpack her suitcase.

At home, the speed at which Sarah quickly changed into one of my t-shirts before proceeding to reorganise everything to her satisfaction was amazing. By the time she'd finished, she had claimed 2 drawers and a quarter of my wardrobe space, all the while creating a little pile of my clothes in the corner. Surprised by her needs I confronted her.

"Sarah Babe, what's with all the clothes, you don't even wear that many when you're here and where's the pile of stuff on the floor going to go."

"Mike the stuff on the floor is for you to throw away or give to charity. All the stuff I've brought I'm going to leave here if that's okay, I may only be here for a few days, but this is easier than me packing a bag every time I come over, so yeah I have a few bits for work, our pub nights, some workout gear and some casual stuff if we do anything else."

"Has it occurred to you that the reason I still have the stuff on the floor is because I don't want to get rid of it?" I asked her testily.

"Okay, anything on the floor you can pick out that you have worn in the last 6 months can go back."

Looking at the floor it was quickly apparent that it was a lost cause. "Fine but it would have been nice to give an opinion on which stuff got thrown out."

"I'm sorry Babe, I know I'm asking for a lot just by assuming I can stay here while I'm mad at Mum and taking over your space, but I'm serious about it being easier in the long run. I feel safe and at home here with you and carrying an overnight bag back and forth every week is tiresome when we both know this is where I'm going to be. When we go back to our usual plan, I want to be able to come here on Wednesdays without having to worry about getting home first to pack a bag which I then need to take to the pub and work the next morning. If it makes you feel better the bathroom and kitchen are safe, the bathroom stuff I need is already here, and the kitchen is organised the way I would do it."