Mike's Angel without Wings Ch. 04

Story Info
Mike Finally gets a Night alone with His Angel!
5.6k words
4.55
5.5k
10

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/15/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers

Mike woke up to the sound of the birds chirping outside his window instead of the normal irritating buzzing of his alarm. As the images from his dream faded slowly, he laid there grinning. Reaching for his phone on the nightstand beside his bed, he turned off the set alarm. He looked through his texts to make sure that the ones between him and Jess were still there. That made his grin even wider.

Stretching as he rose to his feet, heading to the kitchen to start the coffee maker before the scheduled brew time. Heading back to the living room putting on his favorite rock radio station, as he does his normal morning workout of pushups and situps.

Once he completed his daily workout, he headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. Wrapped in a towel, he stood in front of the mirror for a leisurely shave and combed out his hair. He tried parting his hair a bit differently to get a different look. Heading to the bedroom closet, he grabbed his favorite dark blue button up and black dress pants. After examining them closely, he determined that they needed to be ironed. Whistling merrily, he took them into the laundry room and turned on the iron.

As he was pressing the shirt, his phone chimed to announce a new text. He smiled, knowing before he picked up the phone that it was from Jess. It read, "good morning handsome - heading to the airport shortly - hopefully, if everything goes as planned I should land at metro by noonish at the latest!"

Smiling as he replied, "Just be safe babe, cant w8 to see you!" Putting his phone down on the counter next to him, accidentally bumping the back of his hand against the hot iron " FUCK!! That's hot... Ok so this isn't just a dream after all" he chuckled as he made his way to the kitchen to get an ice pack.

While in the kitchen he poured his coffee into his travel Mug, headed to the laundry room grabbing his pants and shirt, making sure the iron is off, then to the bedroom to get dressed. Grabbing his Light blue tie quickly dressed and headed to the precinct.

Thirty minutes later. He walked onto the SWAT floor whistling as he made his way through the aisle of desks. Most of the team for the shift was already there. Each shift comprised of 15 member team, which was lead by a Sergeant. The Tactical command of the group was with a lieutenant on each shift, who in turn reported to the Captain of the SWAT. Most of the people in Mike's team were ex-military, with a significant number of years in the force. Lately, a few rookies had been assigned to Mike, as certain people were expected to be promoted later in the year. While Mike was not a hard boss, he was well respected by his team.

Therefore, Mike's current mood was in contrast to what they had grown accustomed to over the past few years. Mike's usual routine was to get his coffee, respond to a greeting with a curt reply and entered his office to start his day. The whistling and the huge grin was very out of character. They stole a glance at each other and looked at Mike rather warily.

"Good morning Team! Aren't Detroit mornings the best in May?" he asked smiling as he laid down a box of Krispy Kreme on the counter next to the coffee pot.

Grabbing a donut for himself, he headed toward his office with his refilled mug of coffee. He left the door open, instead of the usual slamming, it shut. Putting the mug and his phone onto the desk, sitting in his chair. After logging on, he started going over his work emails.

Strange looks and murmurs went around the room. Watson leaned over to Perez and asked, "You don't think.. that he got laid.. do you?"

Perez shrugged his shoulders as he replied, "Either that or those donuts are laced with something. He could be high!"

The team looked at the box of doughnuts as if they were poisoned. Just then, their new rookie, Tyrone Adams walked in. He greeted everyone and headed to the counter to grab a cup of coffee. As he put the pot back, he spotted the box of doughnuts. He exclaimed, "Hey, who bought Krispy Kremes! I love these things." He grabs one and took a bite as he turns around. Everyone was staring at him.

With a mouth full of a doughnut, "What?" he asked. After a slight pause, there was a big scramble as everyone helped themselves to some doughnuts.

As the last donut was consumed, Sgt. Chantelle Benson came in for some coffee. Spotting the empty box, she turned to face the room and inquired, " Alright! I got two questions. One, who brought these? And two, none of yall thought to save one for me?" She glared at them as the team tactfully went about trying to look busy. Mike was the big boss of that team, but Chantelle was the Mama bear.

Mike walked out to grab more coffee seeing the box on the floor he laughed "Well that didn't take long! Glad you guys enjoyed them" whistling as he walked toward the counter.

Watson calls out " Hey LT. Which side of the bed did you wake up on, this morning?'

Quickly Perez added, " and who was on the other side of the bed?"

They all laughed as Mike replied smiling " Alright guys enough about my life. How about we get some actual work done?!"

"Watson and Perez, We have a request for another VIP request from the mayor on Monday." Mike continued

" Yea, there is a rumor going around that Jessica Young is going to be the guest of Honor," Adams added.

Mike's mouth almost smiled at just the mere mention of her name. However, keeping his composure under control, he replied, " It's not a rumor. it's a fact! Miss Young is going to be the guest of honor. So I need you guys to be on your top game. That means eyes on the threat axes more, drool over Miss Young... not so much!"

"In the meantime, we have a lot of paperwork to catch up on so get to it guys!" Mike said as he walked back into his office. As he puts his mug back onto his desk, sitting at his desk. Chantelle walked in slamming the door behind her.

Walking over to Mike's desk, she squares up and looks him in the eyes. She asks, "Alright what's up? Who is she?"

Mike looks up at her confused " Who is who?!"

Chantelle huffs, as she pulls a chair and sits down. She looks at Mike and began speaking in a very matter-of-fact manner, "All right, if you want it spelled out, fine. You got up today and actually looked in the mirror when you combed your hair. You ironed your shirt twice. I know because you had a double crease on the right sleeve... which you attempted to fix. You brought donuts to work. And you did not ask about the threat board. Now I have seen these symptoms before. That was while you were married to the bitch. Your cloud 9 antics. So tell me, who is she?"

Just then, Mike's phone started to ring, and a picture of his ex-wife Kelly popped up on the screen. Chantelle rolled her eyes and grumbled, "Speaking of the bitch. It better not be her Mike, or I swear I will cut off your balls!"

"It is not her!" Mike laughed and picked up the phone. " Yes, Kelly? What's up?'

" Wow!, someone is chipper this morning! You must have gotten some last night, huh?" she asked in her usual questioning tone.

" haha that's so funny I forgot to laugh. But then again that concerns you how exactly?!" Mike stated as he tapped his fingers against the desk.

"It's not really! Just making an observation!' She quickly replied

" Kelly Why are you calling me?!' he asked

" Are you at the precinct right now?" Kelly asked

" Yea!... why?" Mike asked annoyed

" well I need you to sign some papers" She replied

" What papers Kelly? I'm not signing another loan!"

" No! it's the papers to take your name off the loan on the salon. I have convinced the bank that I can take care of it on my own." She replied

" It's about time Kelly." Mike sighed relieved

"I'll be there in about 15-20 mins! ok?" stated Kelly

"Actually Monday afternoon would be a better idea. I have a meeting scheduled with the Captain in 10 minutes." Mike said as he looked up to see Watson standing in his doorway. Mike quickly tells Kelly " Hey I gotta go." He hangs up the phone. Before asking " What's up Watson?"

"Um... there is someone here to see you LT," Watson replied sort of in shock.

Checking his watch, Mike got up from his desk and made his way to the door. However, the sight beyond the door was definitely unexpected, to say the least. Jess was sitting on Perez's desk, smiling, chatting and signing autographs.

Mike stunned asks softly " Jess... I mean Miss Young?! What are you doing here?!" He asked trying to play it cool. But he did seems slightly paler to the keen eyes of Chantelle.

Jess' face lit up as she spotted Mike. She stood up and walked over wearing a tight little black dress matching heels... " Well... I was in town, and decided to come over and say Hi! I do recall you inviting me to come over on my next trip, Lt? " She replied with a very coy smile.

"Well, Yes! Yes, I did... I definitely do remember inviting you." Mike replied as he gave a nervous smile and looked at Shantelle.

Just then Mike's office phone started ringing on his desk. Mike excused himself to retreat into his office to answer it. Shantelle extended her hand to Jess and said, "Since no one else is going to do it, I might as well introduce myself. Hello Miss Young, I am Sgt Chantelle Benson."

Jess Smiled slowly extended her hand into Chantelle's "Nice to meet you, Sgt Benson. Please call me Jess!"

Mike returned to the squad room, only to excuse himself again and head over to the captain's office.

Chantelle quickly asked, "May we talk in private for a few mins?" Jess nodded and followed her into Mike's office, shutting the door behind them.

After Jess sat down on the couch in the corner, Chantelle perched herself on the side of the desk and asked pointedly, "So you are the reason for Mike's mood?!"

Jess looked confused, and asked, " What are you talking about? What mood?"

Chantelle smiled as she spoke, "He came in this morning, a completely different guy. He was smiling, whistling, brought doughnuts in for the squad room! Which is not like him at all! And now you show up and he is all flustered. I am a cop, and I don't believe in coincidences."

Jess smiled and blushed " Was he really in that great of a mood?"

"Hell yeah!" Shantelle replied with a nod. " So you and him... a thing?"

Exhaling softly, Jess leaned back against the couch and replied with a blush, "I don't know. I sure hope so."

Chantelle crosses her arms, says with a satisfied expression, "I hope so too. He has finally done something right!"

Jess' phone chimes with a text. Reading it, Jess groans and asks, "How long do you think Mike's gonna be with the Captain?".

"I'm not sure. Why what's up?" Chantelle asked

" Well, the whole reason I stopped by, ways to ask Mike to dinner tonight? But my manager wants me to do a Skype call with some advertising executives." Jess explained.

"I'll make sure he picks you up at 6:30 tonight. What Hotel and your room number?" Chantelle asks Jess, as she grabs a pen and starts scribbling on a Post-it.

Jess nodded, as she rose from the couch. "I'm in Suite 400 at the Weston," Jess replied hurriedly as she made for the door. She said goodbye to everyone and hurried out the door.

About half an hour, after Jess left, Mike returned to the Squad room. Most of the guys were down at the range for the day's target practice. Mike looked around for Jess, and almost bumped into Chantelle outside his office. With a huge grin, Chantelle made way for him to enter and closed the door.

Mike sat down in his chair, as he looked at Chantelle rather apprehensively. Chantelle took the chair in front of him, and declared with a huge grin, "Well, THAT I definitely approve of!"

Mike looked at Chantelle and frowned. "Who? I mean W... What?... " He stammered.

She just smiled " Mike, drop the act, ok? I'm a cop. You got all clammy and stuttery when you saw a certain girl. You've made mama proud today hun!"

Mike cleared his throat and sat a bit more rigidly. Sniffing, he replied, "Ok. Fine. So you know. So ummm.. Where is she?"

"She had some call to get to. Went out in a hurry. Plus she has to get ready. Has a date at 6:30." Shantelle explained with an evil smile.

Mike looked somewhat shaken at that. Chantelle continued, "Well, she was here to ask you out for dinner. But you had to run away to Mr. High-and-Mighty office. So, I just had to set her up!"

Mike looked horrified. He shifted in his chair as he asked, "wha... what did you do?"

Chantelle replied indignantly, "Nothing! I improvised. I told her you will pick her up at 6:30."

Mike glared at Chantelle. He huffed, " You know Chantelle. I know I will never die from a bullet. I will die because of a heart attack that you will definitely cause someday!" Shantelle laughed gleefully.

Mike got up and grabbed his phone and keys off the desk. Chantelle asked, " Where are you off to now?"

Mike sighed and replied as he made his way to the door, "Captain has this big meeting set up upstairs with Narcotics. They are planning to move on someone. I will be up there most of the day. You get the guys to run those drills that we were talking about."

"Sure thing boss. Ummmm... you are taking her out, right?" Chantelle asked with a grin. Mike stopped near the door and looked back at Chantelle. He grinned and nodded.

"You do know where she is staying, right?" Chantelle asked innocently. It suddenly dawned on Mike that he had not asked where she was staying.

Chantelle looked at Mike and grinned as she toyed with a folded yellow Post-it Note. She spoke in a very teasing manner, "Now if only someone had asked her that, and written it down somewhere."

Mike let out a relieved sigh as he walked over to grab the post it. As he reached for it She jerked it away from his grasp with a teasing smile "Now if only there was something I needed in return!" she spoke softly

Mike tried to grab at it a few more times but was quickly jerked each and every time he got close to it... He let out a frustrated groan " Ok FINE! What do you want?!"

A sly evil smile quickly grew across her face, " I want the week of the 4th of July off!"

"The whole week? You've gotta be kidding me!" He asked

" PAID! I have vacation time saved up. Now act like a big boy, and run this place for a week."

Mike smiled, " I can always call and ask her!"

"Hyuk hyuk... ummmmm... I like dont know where you are... so... ummm. Could you ...ummm... tell me?" Chantelle mimicked. "Wouldn't that be romantic?"

Mike's shoulder dropped as he sighed. "Ok, you win. You get the week off. Don't tell anyone just yet." He extended his hand impatiently.

Chantelle handed the note to Mike, and said, "There you go. And smile! She is worth it!"

Mike grinned as he pocketed the note. He replied, "Oh I know she is. I would have given you the month off had you asked. Oh well, I got lucky I guess." Chuckling he made his way out, with a grinning Shantelle shaking her head.

The rest of the day passes in a flurry of activity for Mike. That was one of his qualities. He got really focused when he was working. So he was shocked when the alarm on his phone went off to announce that it was 4:45 PM. He locked his filing cabinet and grabbed his things. For the first time in ages, he was leaving early. He just stopped on Chantelle's desk to see if she would cover for him. But before he could say a word, he was reminded that he was running late and was unceremoniously gestured towards the exit. Mike grinned and made his way to his car.

Mike makes his way to the Captain's office. Sitting through the meeting before he knows it he looks down at his watch as the meeting is coming to a close. He is shocked as it says 4:45 pm. He quickly rose to his feet, grabbing his phone and keys from the desk, heading out to his truck.

Mike tried to hurry through the rush hour traffic, which was almost impossible. Detroit streets in rush hour.. You might as well just put your car in park until you are able to move again.

Finally making it home, He quickly showered, Trimmed his beard, walking around his condo with the towel wrapped around his athletic waist. Walking from room to room frantically trying to remember everything. As he stands in front of the bathroom mirror brushing his teeth, he starts to wonder and think to himself " Am I doing the right thing?

At my age, should I be going out with someone that young? What if she turns out to be like Kelly?! or Worse, what if I mess up and she got hurt? Naw, it is just dinner. we are just exploring... one step at a time you fool... " he finally takes a deep breath trying to calm his nerves, except he starts to choke on the toothpaste that just went down his windpipe. Coughing and gagging trying to recover, finally getting it back to normal. " alright dumbass stop trying to kill yourself before going out with your dream girl!"

He continues to get ready looking through his closet for something not to flashy yet not too casual, he finally decides on a pair of khaki shorts, a white undershirt, and a light blue short sleeved button up. He starts to head out the But then stops, remembering that he needs his wallet and keys off the dresser. He groans to himself " Alright dumbass pull yourself together. She's just a girl!!" Double checking one last time. " hair" he checks the mirror, "yep good to go... Wallet?" checks his left back pocket, "check... keys and sunglasses?" he checks his right front pocket for his keys, and the shirt's left pocket for his sunglasses " alright check and check... What am I missing?" "PHONE!" he screams at himself as he runs and grabs it off the dresser. Finally making it out of the condo with just enough time to pick up the ordered picnic and flowers on the way to the hotel.

Meanwhile, in the penthouse suite, Jess is just stepping out of the shower, wrapping a towel around herself as she starts to pick out her outfit... Finally deciding on a cute light blue halter top sundress, and matching open-toe wedge sandals showing off her fresh pedicure. She heads into the bathroom deciding on her hairdo. As she starts processing the intended look, looking at herself in the mirror, doing her own hair and makeup for the first time since god knows when... she takes a deep breathe Finishing the curling part of the hairdo, before pinning it up.

She quickly grabs her make up kit... Looking at the products inside laughing.. " wow this is soo outdated... ok" she looks herself in the mirror " ok liner, some bronzer and lip gloss should do it!" she finishes the updo leaving 2 tight ringlets down in the front. One on each side of her face. The rest up in a tight bun... The natural look of her makeup perfected and satisfied. She heads to the bedroom where she starts to slide her panties, and bra on, stepping into her dress... forgetting that it has a zipper in the back... looking around the room she finds a paperclip. Quickly looping it into the zipper and strategically pulling the zipper up into its resting place. Giggling as she sits on the bed.. Grabbing her shoes starting to tie the ribbons around her ankle as she does her hand brushes against the notorious anklet... She stops... Looking at it... Taking a deep breath as she starts to undo it.. " if I'm gonna be moving on... then this needs to stay here. Taking it off, walking over to the jewelry pouch sitting on the desk, she kisses it softly... Goodbye Jeff!' putting it into the pouch and closing it... As she closes the case there is a knock on the door... She looks at the clock which reads "6:30" " well holy crap He's on time!!" Giggling like a schoolgirl she skips towards the door " Who is it?"

"Its Mike" came through the closed door. She quickly opens the door, seeing him thinking to herself. " Whoa, he's so handsome!"

He smiles sweetly " Hey there beautiful... I brought you these" he holds up a bouquet of dark pink carnations, with light pink lilies. Her mouth drops instantly as she sees them. " how did you know these are my favorite flowers?! Wait did you google it?!"

IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers
12