Mike's Navy: A Wedding, Christmas and New Year

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not too bad. It gets dark fast though. I'll take the salad bar. I see you have some extras on it."

"Okay, if you need anything just call me."

"Call you what?"

"Baby. That's what they call me, Baby Lizza. How about you?"

"Just plain Mike, Baby" he grins. She's a baby faced blue eyed blonde of about 5'5". He calculates 34B and nods. He goes to fill a bowl with bean soup and picks up some crackers. It's hot and it's good so he gets a second bowl. After that a salad with all the trimmings.

He looks the selections over and decides to go with scalloped potatoes, braised brats, roasted drumstick and mixed veggies with fried mushrooms on the side. He finds some corn bread to go with it and settles down to enjoy.

Baby Lizza comes by to comment, "I see you found some good eating. You calling it a night?"

"Yeah, I sure am. Been up since five thirty and I expect to be up tomorrow at the same time. Got to make hay while the sun shines. How about you, you ready to call it a night yet?"

"Won't be long now. My relief should be on her way in. Was it snowing when you came in?"

"Yeah, it sure was. It's not coming down too heavy but it's steady."

She giggles, "Maybe I'll get stuck here tonight. Which truck is yours?" Mike flashes his ring finger. "I know, I saw it." she shrugs and goes back to the counter. Mike finishes his supper and goes back to the truck to do up his paperwork for the day.

He curls up hoping the snow will ease up during the night. The sound of trucks moving wakes him but he decides to wait until morning. A convoy is pulling out for Seattle.

He gets up at 5:00 and trucks are lining up to head east. He joins the drivers inside and grabs a bite. A plow is waiting to lead them east so they leave in line shaking snow off their rigs as they go. Almost into Butte they come to a standstill moving to the shoulder as much as they can.

Mike tunes the radio but can't get any local news on it. Butte radio is broadcasting music as per usual. He figures they are just above Anaconda so it might be anything but they aren't far from Butte.

Some idiot in a heavy muscle car goes flashing by with slipping and sliding rear wheels. Mike wishes him well and pours himself a fresh coffee. Another driver comes running up along side his trailer and Mike cracks open the door.

"Hey, any idea why we're stopped?"

"No idea. Care for a coffee?"

He brightens up, "You bet." Mike swings the door open and steps out on the step to let him come up and slide across the seat. He pulls the door shut behind himself and reaches for the glove box.

"Cup's in there. I'm Mike."

He gets the cup and holds it for Mike to fill it. "That's good. I'm Randal with Mayflower Moving. I see you're Canadian military."

"I'm doing the same thing this trip. I got a load of furniture on board for an officer that's moving from the west coast to Ontario."

"No kidding. How can they afford to put this rig on moving haulage? You can't be getting that good a mileage with this old beater." He grins "And it's a twin stick, I never saw one of these before."

"I don't know, got a 370 Cummins and fifteen gears so it does the job."

He studies the gears, "Five and three, is it? I don't know how you handle it but you're welcome to it." He swills his coffee and cranes his neck to see if he can see any movement up ahead. "I heard the roads were good so I wonder what's going on."

"Could be a slide or a pileup. Never know in these old mountains."

"Yeah, guess I better get back to my rig. Thanks for the joe." He gets down on the passenger side. Mike sees his rig back two from his. He can tell it by the colors.

The truck ahead moves about six truck lengths, enough to get everyone moving then stopping again. Mike's view hasn't changed any. Then he hears on the Butte radio station of a pileup on the freeway coming into Butte from the west that involves two trucks and a number of cars and lighter trucks. It seems there is even a bus involved but it says traffic is starting to move through the area.

Mike has noticed an increase in traffic in the other lanes in the opposite direction. It's not long before they're moving again and he's in Butte. It's after nine so he pushes right on through following the rig ahead of him. The grades are steep and traffic is heavy although the storm has passed them by so the going is slow between Butte and Bozeman, a matter of about seventy miles.

It picks up a bit after that out to Billings and lunch time. It's a late lunch but much appreciated so he makes due with a burger and fries, coke and fill thermos. Must have fresh coffee.

He can see he's not going to make Jamestown tonight. He'll be lucky if he gets to Glendive so it looks like another night in Montana. At least the sun's shining now and the highway's in good condition.

As he flies east the sun gets into his side mirrors and bugs him so he dons mirror sunglasses. The music is good and he feels like Mr. Cool in these fine shades as the sun sets behind a distant peak and he has to take them off. He passes Forsyth and sets his sights on Miles City for the night. The sign says thirty miles. It would be another sixty to Glendive and forty beyond that to the Montana border.

In Miles city he finds a Town Pump with Pilot services so he pulls in for fuel. He goes inside looking for and finding the cutest waitress his age. He smiles and takes a seat. "Hello, little darling, what you cooking for supper?"

"Just for you we have Southern fried chicken 'n grits with soft scrambled eggs like Mammy used to make." She's his age with brown hair and eyes to match and a middling height of about 5'6" with small breasts that suit her. She looks like she could be a lot of fun.

"If that comes with corn bread you got me sold. Mike's my handle, sweetie."

"It sure can and I'm Canella. Are you from the south?"

"Just the opposite, my dear. I'm from Canada."

"Ah shucks! You had me fooled. Food's coming right up. Would you like coffee?" Mike nods so she fills his cup and he hands her his thermos. She takes it with her.

When his food comes he's pleasantly surprised to see tender asparagus along side the soft scrambled eggs. It makes a mouth watering plateful so he digs right in. She comes to refill his coffee cup and brings his thermos. "Are you here for the night?"

"Not that far out of this state so was thinking of pulling on through. Would you like to try and convince me to stay?" He watches her over the coffee cup rim.

She has spotted his ring because her comeback is, "Now your wife wouldn't like me doing that, would she?" She wags a finger at him. Mike simply chuckles. It never occurred to him in the past how observant young ladies are nowadays. He was only kidding anyhow so he takes it well.

"Actually I am pulled in for the night. Just fueled up before I came in. The weather has slowed me a lot, I'm usually in Jamestown by now."

"Out of Seattle?"

"Fraser Valley in Canada, not far from Vancouver."

"What's the weather like on the coast?"

"Wet... that just about covers it. Well," he yawns, "I'm going to hit the hay. It was nice meeting you, Canella."

"You too, Mike. Good night."

He goes to the till to pay the bill then leaves. In the truck he does up his paperwork and settles for the night. He'll wake in Montana and wonder why he's still here. But tomorrow's Sunday and he'll get out of Montana at last.

Chapter 25

Temptations Come and Go

He wakes and misses Marlene draped over him. He wishes she was here, he'd ravage her for sure. He thinks about that Canella for a moment and shakes his head. He gets up and gets ready to hit the road again. Breakfast finished and coffee refreshed he is ready to go and it's only 6:30 AM local time.

By 0730 he's passing Glendive heading for the North Dakota border. He leaves Montana at 0800 but it's 0900 due to the time zone change. He's rolling on the flat prairie now so he keeps moving and doesn't stop for lunch until he gets to Jamestown around 2:10 PM. He pulls into the truck stop looking for Lucie. Her scooter is there but he doesn't see her.

He eats watching in vain. No sign of her so he pulls out noting her scooter's gone, as well. She must be avoiding him, he figures. Of course there's no reason she should expect him coming in so soon and going east. She simply might not have noticed his truck, but he doubts it. He should have called Ben, he thinks. But no, best to leave it alone. What a quandary!

By four he passes Fargo and swings south. He's calculating in his mind and thinks he'll try for Rothsay for the night. It's only about another thirty five miles.

He pulls in just after five and fuels up. It's getting dark already so he suspects another storm's on it's way in from the west. He grabs his thermos and heads inside out of the cold. "Hello ladies," he smiles as he almost runs into Momma Rita and sees Sara Wood coming his way.

Sara cries, "Mike, your back. Grab a seat. Be right with you." Momma Rita grins and indicates she's been relieved by Sara. He asks her what she hears about the weather.

"Another Alberta clipper on it's way, so I hear."

"Let's hope it goes away south of us, south of Chicago would suit me." She goes off to deliver the food she's carrying to her husband near the back. Mike nods at him.

Sara comes by and slips into the seat next to him shoving him over with her hip. "So what you been up to? Not too many on the road tonight. Must be because it's Sunday."

He grins, "What's good to eat tonight?" He whispers, "The boss's watching you." She shrugs. "Something light, I think."

"Well, maybe a salad or a grilled cheese. They make a good grilled cheese on thick French bread with five cheeses and you can get that with a soup or salad as a special."

"Do they have a French onion soup?"

"Yeah, but it's not so hot. It's right out of a can. If you want soup I recommend the minestrone. It's rich and really good."

"Hmm, how about the grilled cheese, house salad and minestrone soup. Oh, and don't forget the coffee."

"Okay, I'll bill you for the house salad, it's cheaper than the soup." She jumps up and is gone.

When she comes back out of the kitchen the boss calls her over and they talk a few minutes. Mamma Rita has always seemed like a reasonable person so he's sure she will only get a warning if there's any problem. As it turns out they laugh together and she goes back to the kitchen.

She comes back with his bowl of soup and crackers. "I'll bring more coffee, your sandwich's nearly done." She goes for the pot then returns to the kitchen. The soup is good and Mike enjoys it. He runs through the specs on this location. Mamma Rita is about forty five and her husband about the same or a year or two older. He judges Sara to be about thirty five, straight haired blonde with brown sleepy bedroom eyes and an easy smile, about five foot three and a 34B. Reminds him a bit of Lucy, he thinks.

She arrives with his salad and sandwich. She shreds some cheese for his salad and asks about dressing. She has an assortment of four so he chooses blue cheese. She leaves him to wait on another pair of drivers who just came in. They appear to be local because she jokes with them. Soon she even sits with them as he eats his supper. Mike decides that's how she is with everyone.

The grilled cheese is good and goes well with the salad. He soon finishes up and goes to the truck to do his paperwork. He retires early determined to start early and make it through to Chicago or beyond tomorrow.

Monday morning he wakes around five and misses Marlene so very much. He's tempted to relieve the strain and fondles himself before deciding to get down the road.

He checks everything over and grabs a bite in the restaurant then heads out into early morning swirling snow. He's glad for the early start because he doesn't like the look of the weather. He's okay through Fergus Falls and Alexandria but just passed there he notices what appears to be steam in the flying snow behind the trailer. He dreads stopping but he has to check it out.

Before he even gets out he can see there is steam rising from the rear axle on his trailer. He climbs down wrapping his coat tighter around him and goes back to take a look. It's an inside dual that's slack and he can see it's lost a couple strips of rubber off it already. This trailer has a spare tucked up under it but he doesn't plan to tackle an inside dual. As long as it's finished anyway he will limp to the nearest full service truck stop. He goes back to the cab and consults his maps.

He thinks the last exit was 119 so that puts him just passed the state hwy 91 south of Alexandria. About five miles ahead should be Sauk Center on Sauk Lake and there should be help there. Watch for exit 127. The map shows a truck stop there south of the freeway.

He goes back and checks the tire. She's still warm but looks like she might hold up if he takes it easy. Using his four way flashers he pulls back out onto the freeway. At least the snow has quit but there's some blowing around. At about twenty miles an hour he rolls off the freeway about half an hour later at exit 127.

Following the signs he pulls into The Trucker's Inn marked by it's large Shell service sign. It's a big place and it does truck tires. He gets a repairman to look the spare over and tell him it will do the job then has him replace the shot tire.

He decides he will let them decide what they want to do about a spare in Borden so he has them sling the flat under the trailer. He notes it's a recap. He's lost over an hour but thinks he still might make Chicago tonight even if he's late.

Since it's near noon he eats before he leaves and pulls out at 11:30 AM local time. It's 9:30 PM local time when he pulls into Addison exhausted. He fuels up at the BP and parks by Portillo's in the mall. Now he's back on schedule and feeling better. Tomorrow he'll make Camp Borden. He drops down out of the truck to go to the restaurant.

"Mike, where have you been?" It's Katya.

He twists around to see her coming across the mall so he waits for her. "Just coming in from the west coast. How've you been, Katya?"

She catches his hand, "Missing you. I watch for you but never seem to catch you."

"Well I sort of thought you and that boyfriend of yours were pretty tight and I should back out." He opens the door for her. "Are you coming in?"

She flashes a bright smile, "I sure am. Are you in for supper? You're late."

"Yep, just got in. Snowing north of here. I came down from Fargo today." She sits beside him. "You're relieved already. Aren't you going home?"

She smiles and winks, "I might. I got a car now so I don't have to wait for a ride any more."

"Your boyfriend doesn't pick you up now?"

"Ha, him! He's history. I think I outgrew him, he was such a child at times. Now you were the liberator, you helped me grow up. I don't need him any more." A waitress drops a menu on their table.

"Hey Viola, slow down girl, it's me." The waitress stops, "What you think of my man?" She smiles like she won the prize.

"Oh Kat, you got so many men no one believes you anymore." She shrugs and grins at Mike.

"Well git then, saucy bitch!" She grips Mike's arm, "They're so jealous, makes me cry. Let's go somewhere else and eat."

"What else is open this time of night?" he adds, "And I had my mind set for a Chicago dog." He shrugs. Viola comes by and he signals her with a finger, "Can I get a Jumbo Hot Dog and a Bowl of Chili. I'd like coffee with that. What about you, Katya with the dreamy eyes? Would you like anything?"

"Hmm, just a coke."

He watches Viola as she leaves and thinks, about 19, 5'3, brown hair and green eyes with a 34ish A cup, not bad. "So you're not going with anyone then?"

She shrugs and flips her hand, "Uh, off and on, sometimes if the mood strikes me." She glances down and suddenly grips his hand, "What's this on the finger? You didn't?"

"Not yet but it's going that way. We're engaged."

"How come? You had it made, didn't you? I thought you had a girl in every port, sailor."

Mike laughs, "I guess almost that. I think my loose ways was just a cover up for my loneliness when my true love threw me over for a pilot. But I do think I have found the woman of my dreams now. I guess I better have found her, we have a wee one on the way. That sort of seals the deal."

"So you're going to be a daddy. I hope it's a boy and a heartbreaker just like you. So where did you find this gem?" Their food arrives so Mike digs into his chili and dog while Katya sips on her coke.

"She lives in British Columbia as far west as I'm east. We're getting hitched the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to having her to come home to. Her name's Marlene and her background is similar to mine in that we are both Scottish, at least I'm half Scottish."

"I'm so happy for you... but we do have unfinished business, don't we? I mean you haven't taught me all your bad habits yet, have you? You must have a few more up your sleeve, you sly fox. Look how easy you wiggled me out of my commitments to my old boyfriend. You're one smooth operator, baby."

"Well, I simply allowed you do whatever you wanted to do. It's that simple. Respect your partner and give them room to do as they please. It always worked for me."

"I don't understand. I never felt equal to you, you always held the high cards. That's why I had to cut it off that night by telling you my boyfriend was coming. I always gave in to you and now you don't want me any more. Is that fair? Is that equal? You're not going to spend the night with me, are you?" What was that about letting me do what I want?"

"It's equal for both, Katya. To maintain a relationship you have to respect your partners wishes the same as he does yours. If you haven't learned that you've learned nothing. I still want you as a friend but it can't be one sided. I still regard you as a very attractive woman and enjoy our time together but for now friendship is all I can offer. Can you respect that?"

"I can't! I don't know if I was ever number one with you but it's obvious I'm not now. See you around!" She gets up and leaves abruptly. Mike just shakes his head. He finishes his coffee and goes to do his paperwork. He wonders if Michelle is still over at her sisters, She might like a ride back to Port Huron. He decides to go call Bessie and see.

He calls, "Hello, Bessie? Is Michelle there?"

"I think she's asleep. Who's this?"

"It's Mike. I'm on my way east and wondered if she needed a ride."

"I don't know Mike. She might, let me wake her. Are you close by?"

"I'm over by Portillo's in the mall in Addison."

"Hang on, Mike." He hears her calling and a sleepy voice answering. "She wants to know if you're in for the night."

"Yep, I'll be here all night." He hears her relay the message then he hears the phone bump on something. "Careful, don't wake the babies."

"Hi Mike?" It's Michelle's voice.

"I'm right here."

"Why don't you come over and park here in the lot across the street. You know I'd like that." He knows what she's hinting at and grins.

"You'd be too much of a temptation for me, love. I got engaged this trip so I have to behave myself."

"Oh, did you really? And you still thought of me for a ride? Your quite a man, Mike. I won't tease you if you come over, I promise."

"Okay, I will, but we have to leave early. I mean around six."

"Okay, come on over. I'll watch for you."

So that's what he does and if Katya looks for him later she'll be disappointed. He wouldn't put it passed her to try and get in his truck during the night. He parks and goes over to the house when the porch light is flicked a few times to signal him.

She has hot coffee on for him and they gab while he drinks it then goes to see the babies. He tells them he has one on the way so he has to explain that. He gabs later than he planned on but eventually Bessie talks him into sleeping on her couch.