All Comments on 'Milk Cartons'

by tehuti88

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
nanobotnanobotover 9 years ago
Lucky find

You should receive compensation for this story and I hope my praise is good enough for now. This is on par with Pohl and Dicks, two of my favorite writers. You make us work for each crumb like a good writer should. Character development through the sex is exciting maneuver and not an afterthought or a flavor enhancer or a mere plot device. I got the milk carton reference on the onset and it made the story more poignant without becoming hamhanded or cloying. This took my breath away and though the story seemed almost too painful to read because of proximity to my own personal experience with someone who'd been there I appreciated your honesty and soldiered on because you made it worth it. I beg you to keep writing. This is masterful work.

tehuti88tehuti88over 9 years agoAuthor
NA

@Nanobot, thank you so much for such a thoughtful comment; I had some trouble submitting this story at first (I actually thought it hadn't been accepted!), and for quite a while have been feeling quite down about the lack of attention my writing receives...so to get this comment, as well as the views/faves/ratings, has been astonishing for me. I'm just so used to not being noticed! So this is a definite boost that makes me want to write and submit more when I get the chance. I hope people like my future work as much as they liked this.

My thanks also to the others who e-mailed me comments, I appreciate them all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertehuti88@tehuti88
Holy crap, I was sure I had an account here years ago...guess not! Anyway, hello, you might recognize my username from elsewhere on the Web. Time to give this site a shot, though I'm painfully shy of doing so. (My replies to reviews might take a while in coming for this rea...