All Comments on 'Milly Scott Pt. 01: The Artist and the Cop'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
Bowled over by this lovely story

You have managed to write a novella which brings smiles, tears and erotic feelings. It was wonderful to see Milly’s awakening, and the relationship with Jenny was so beautifully wrought. Jane and Fiona added a wonderfully family dimension to the story. I loved this, and hope that many others will follow. I am delighted to hear that the story will continue.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Bravo, Sandy

A very worthwhile piece of work and a first-rate follow-up to The New Assistant. You're certainly living up to the promise shown in the earlier story. I loved Jane and Fiona---they were hilarious as children. I think that at sometime they'll merit stories of their own. So it's five stars freely given.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

I approached the end of the story somewhat apprehensively. Having been a cop I know what can happen suddenly to rip things apart. I'm glad to see I was wrong. Milly and Jenny are a beautiful couple and I hope to hear more about Fiona and Jane. Alex must be very happy seeing Milly getting on with her life.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago
Very Nice.

You’ve done a wonderful job continuing Milly’s story. In both your stories you’ve displayed a beautiful talent as a writer. Look forward to reading more from you. 5 ⭐️s

scumbagscumbagover 4 years ago
Wow

What I loved most about this is the plot and storyline ruled. I wouldn't say there was a lack of sex, but it didn't intrude as it does in so many others. Just loved it and well done!

Maddie624Maddie624over 4 years ago

Outstanding in every single way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the best.

Loved the new assistant but thought that was the end of the line though there was obviously a strong connection when jenny met milly which merited more. Now we have more, and a lovely 'more' it is, enhanced by jane and fiona which i suspect may form the basis of further tales. Hope so.

Great work.

BillyslateBillyslateover 4 years ago
Awesome 2-Submissions

I read The New Assistant & now Milly Scott Pt. 01, with both being excellent stories, exhibiting quite different and varied emotions. The New Assistant ended a bit abruptly, with Alex dying quite unexpectedly in a car crash, which seemed to occur shockingly quick. Obviously, all true Love Stories do not end in the live happily forever mode, however I was unprepared for Alex's death. This feeling of abrupt shock was possibly the intended effect desired by the author.

Milly Scott, was truly a "Wonderful Follow Up" to the New Assistant, with a perfect introduction of Jenny, Bob, Alan, Jane, Fiona and other characters impacting on Milly's life. This loving group of individuals were the perfect tonic for Milly's return to sanity from Alex's death, with the 8-pages being absolutely outstanding reading on her growth, healing, then finding, accepting an exhilarating new love in Jenny.

I am anxiously awaiting Milly Scott Pt. 2!!!!!!!!

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 4 years ago
ok

I know I said I do not do good with ch's being more than 4 pages, but it took me about 3 days to read this one and it is only ch. 1, I wonder how many pages the next ch. will be however this one is really good and can't wait to see how the next one will be

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You but More Please and Very Soon

Dear SP

Hope you’re well

I immensely enjoyed your story

Please we need to keep reading

When will the next chapter come out

Very soon I hope

Love ❤️

Cxxx

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Excellent chapter

The ending of chapter 1 shocked me, and I almost gave up on reading your stories, but this chapter was very enjoyable to me, and I will explore some of your other stories now. Thank you for sharing this with us!

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
Fantastic

Very well written and very engaging. I am looking forward to the next part.

sandy_parissandy_parisover 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Many thanks for your comments and encouragement. Part Two is well advanced but is twice the length and it will be easier to publish in two parts which means that I should be able to get the first half up sooner.

Fair warning, the next story starts with a tragedy.

paulyepspaulyepsover 4 years ago

This story was amazing .. I loved it .. thanks for not having Jenny get shot and killed on the job !! After the first story with Alex I was waiting for more tragic events .. and also thanks for the spoiler alert for the beginning of the next story .. I’m gonna let this story cook for a while before I start the next one .. I don’t like sadness .. life has enough sadness .. I come here for the love and happiness .. good job by the way ! Thanks again !

JS60007JS60007over 4 years ago
Lovely story

Loved this one with its snapshot of life love and connections.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 4 years ago
Very, very nice

I experienced this story as taking a warm bath, the characters coming to life, fully in their connections, emotions, thoughts and feelings.

SamG33SamG33almost 4 years ago
Great follow up

I came back to read your stories once again and was pleased to see the follow up to the first one which had me crying at the end, happy to see Milly finding love once again. ❤️ Now I am gathering some strength to read the next one since you have warn us about a tragedy 😕

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

your stories are sooo good to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And now, the end is near...

Am I detecting a theme here?

As the story draws to a close should we expect a feeling of impending doom, that one of the characters will become a 'late' character? If that is the case then this will become the expected; should we hold a sweepstakes on who we think is going? Maybe we could nominate...

On a more serious note, the story still works well, although the idea that the 'nieces' would turn out to be lesbians in waiting was planted when they happily first jumped into bed with Milly, so that was no surprise. But I would be careful about doling out the tragedies otherwise Milly will acquire a reputation as a jonah.

Lexi

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Just soooooo lovely

God the girls , jane fiona, the comments acting cuddling duvetdiving and more just amazing ..... the story itself fantastic wonderful brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love is a beautiful yet dangerous game

For a couple of hours I was totally engrossed in reading this lovely story. It's one of the most affectionate stories I've read here. Wonderfully glorious tale of eroticism and love.

Mal452Mal452about 3 years ago

I love stories with actual people leading realistic lives. The author writes beautifully.

1Dream4us1Dream4usabout 3 years ago

Well....I will to some extent, apologize

For how emotional I became with the end of Milly and Alex...a huge credit to your writing skills...but while I do still harbor some negative emotions about that, I must admit that your portrayal of Milly and Jenny and the two “nieces “ has lifted me up from depths to a lovely place...yet now I live in fear that every mention of Jenny the police officer will lead to another untimely tragic death...I don’t think Milly - and I know I - could not stand another tragedy...please let them live and laugh and love...like I have long dreamed of yet never known...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great smiles, and very few tears this time. Except for Bob, but can you *truly* mourn a man that lived a long meaningful life, and then thought of others at the very end? I don't think so.

But, Sandy, got me worried about Jenny for the next story…

-- okami1061

---- <okami@fithen,org>

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 2 years ago

A magnificent narrative! If there is another treatment of grief and sorrow as searing as Milly's on this site, I haven't come across it. It's a lovely, lovely Easter story. As surely as springtime follows winter, sorrow gives way to joy, and new life overcomes death.

You, Sandy, are one of those singularly talented authors who brings to life characters your readers come to cherish. Alex, Milly, Jenny, Bob, Fiona, and Jane.

I salute you too for your careful attention to detail in the mechanical and technical aspects of your craft. You are one of the few authors who seem to have mastered the difference between lie and lay and between rise and raise.

Unquestionably 5 stars!

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Beautiful writing, seems I can't read your stories without shedding a tear.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

A wonderful tale of grief and the redeeming quality of love. The only less than positive comment I have is that in the original tale I cared rather more for Alex than I did for her wife.

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

I was not sure after reading the first part of this series. After this one I am certain that this is well done and deserves 5*. After reading the first page on this chapter. I understood so much that was missing from the first chapter. If this had been in that chapter the rushed feelings, I felt after reading it would not have been as severe. Thank you for sharing your story and I have went back and rated the first story as well.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

I like the story, but the way you wrote Alex I liked her more than Milly, still a 5 tho

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

A top 10 story in my G.O.A.T folder.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hello, I don’t think there was enough of Jenny’s perspective and development. She sounds nice but boring. The nieces had more personality… which makes me think that they are a bigger part of the big picture… which could be weird if my hunches are correct...

burrito54burrito548 months ago

Awesome story keep it up

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...