Mimi's Daddy Ch. 21: Morning After

Story Info
Adam takes Mimi to a fancy store to buy frilly underthings.
2.4k words
4.82
1.6k
2

Part 21 of the 39 part series

Updated 05/22/2024
Created 04/02/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning, tender and hungry, Mimi slid out of bed to find the music coming from the living room. Toes tucked into her fluffy slippers, she wrapped a thick robe around herself and went looking for Adam. Something smelled good. Breakfast. Every step reminded her she was sore in the strangest of ways.

Her nose drew her through the house to him, handsome as hell, standing naked in front of the stove wearing one of her aprons. His broad back tapered to narrow hips and powerful thighs. On the stove, pancakes turned golden on the griddle. Bacon lay heaped on a plate next to a carafe of orange juice. Tip toeing forward, Mimi snagged a piece of bacon. Adam spun around and caught her with it between her lips. Mouth full, she managed to mumble, "Morning."

"Good morning." He pointed with the spatula to where he had put plates on the table. "Grab those?"

Unable to resist, she looked him up and down. It wasn't reasonable for a man to be so handsome. She wanted to bend over and bite his butt when he turned back toward the griddle. Taking an aggressive bite of her bacon instead, she went to gather the plates.

Oblivious to her ogling, Adam asked, "Do you want eggs?"

***

Later at work...

Trying to hide behind the desk monitor so she could daydream was useless.

"You were late this morning." Jen sidled up close to Mimi with a teasing grin. "Care to tell me why?"

Mimi arched her brows. Even though it wasn't an office appropriate conversation, she couldn't resist sharing. "Adam spent the night."

Tugging her chair closer, Jen whispered, "You didn't, you hussy. I'm scandalized. Tell me everything."

Mimi wrinkled her nose at her friend. "We went to the courthouse yesterday."

"Oh my God, did you take a picture?"

"No, I didn't, but you can take pictures on Sunday for our social media if you want, in between reading our vows and catching my bouquet."

Tapping her fingertips, Jen said, "But you were here yesterday afternoon?"

"We did it during lunch."

"And you came back to work?" Jen placed her coffee cup on the counter. "Have you lost your mind? You should be on your honeymoon or something. If you got married yesterday, why are you getting married again on Sunday?"

"Yesterday was just to make the lawyers and the bank happy, so we could buy the farmhouse before they put it on the market. Sunday is for the family."

"Have you decided what you are going to wear?"

"I hadn't thought about that yet."

"Mimi, you have four days."

"We aren't making a big deal about this. You don't have to bring a gift or anything. Adam and I are getting a cake from the grocery store bakery."

"You aren't. Let me call my cousin."

"What, why?"

"She makes cakes on the side. If she doesn't have a wedding this weekend, you might be in luck. But she won't have time to do anything fancy."

Mimi reached for her phone to pull up a cash exchange app. "How much will it take? I can transfer money to you."

"Stop it. This is my wedding gift." When Mimi started to argue, Jen raised her hand to cut off any disagreement. "I'm going to text her right now." Focused on her phone, Jen swiveled her chair away from Mimi.

Instead of arguing, Mimi reached for the pile of adoption requests on the desk. They had printed out the good ones. So many people had contacted them since their posts went viral. Their adoption numbers were off the charts for the month.

When the office phone rang, Mimi picked it up automatically. "Good Morning, this is Red River Rescue. Mimi speaking."

"Get the afternoon off." From the first word, she knew it was Adam. Silence followed instead of an explanation.

"But I have things I need to do here."

"Trust me. Do it." Before she could explain why it was an impractical idea, the line went dead. He'd hung up on her. Pursing her lips, she glanced Jen's way.

Very pleased with herself, Jen said, "I would recommend her caramel cake if she gives you the option."

"Anything would be great. Thank you." Rolling her pencil on the desk uncertainly, she asked, "I know it's last minute, but do you think you could handle things without me this afternoon?" When Mimi flipped open their schedule to double check what was happening, Jen reached over and closed it.

"Carl and I will be fine, Ms. Newlywed. Was that Adam? Can't he wait a few hours to get his hands on you again?"

Heat rushed into Mimi's face. Is that what he had planned?

***

Adam and Mimi walked hand in hand down the city walk like a proper couple. Pausing to turn toward her, Adam tipped her face up and bent down to place a sweet kiss on her lips. "I'm making good on my promise to take you shopping." His big hands cupped her shoulders, and he turned her toward the storefront next to them. "Do you want to go in here?" Mimi looked in the front windows at the scantily clad mannequins. On their walk, she hadn't been paying attention to the storefronts. They'd ended up on a pretty swank street.

"What makes you think that there will be anything here that fits me? Well, maybe that hat would." She pointed to a ridiculously tall angular mannequin wearing a fedora and black panties. "This store looks expensive, Adam."

"Don't you worry about that, I called them. Go in or we are going to be late for our appointment."

"When did you arrange this?"

The scent of vanilla and cotton greeted her as Adam swung open the heavy wooden door. Overwhelmed by the profusion of lace and silk, she didn't know where to look. Girly stuff was everywhere, most of it tiny. She lowered her voice. "Adam, you don't understand. I've had unpleasant experiences at places like this at the mall."

His warm, solid hand settled reassuringly on her back as a petite brunette with a cloth measuring tape around her neck approached them. "Ms. Mimi?" Adam gave her a gentle push forward.

"Yes, that's me."

Wearing a welcoming smile, the woman said, "Come this way. We have a room set up for you." Mimi reached back for Adam as the attendant guided her toward the back of the store.

"You go on, pretty girl. I have a little shopping to do while she measures you."

"You're leaving?"

"No. I'm going to pick out panties for you."

Looking around to see if anyone besides the staff had heard him, she was thankful the place was empty. The interior was dense with beautiful options. Fancy bras, like she had only seen in magazines, were displayed along the wall. A plain door led to a private room with a lush dressing area and a privacy screen. Fingertips alighting on a table covered with an assortment of silky wisps, the woman said, "I already pulled a few things for you, but let's get you measured first." The woman lifted a tape measure from her shoulder. "Would you like a glass of champagne?"

Mimi touched the tag on a pale lavender confection hanging from the rack behind the table. "Two hundred and sixty-three dollars? I can't afford that."

"My dear, you aren't the one paying."

"I can't let Adam do this."

"It's a wedding gift from your new Aunt I believe. Lift your arms, please."

Obediently, Mimi raised her hands without thinking, and the woman slid the tape around her ribcage.

With a wink, the woman added, "Don't fret at all. Your new Aunt Ann could buy the entire store for you if it amused her."

"How is that possible?"

"I don't suppose it is too hard for her, considering she is part of the Box Company family." The attendant wrote down the first measurement.

"What's the Box Company?"

"Perhaps you should ask your gentleman, dear. Or use google, perhaps."

***

Waiting for the first item, Mimi felt extremely naked behind the screen. She had been left alone and hadn't bothered to undress slowly. What was the point? All she had left on was her practical white underpants. When she peeked around the screen, she spied a glass of champagne waiting for her. Covering her bosom, the best she could with her arm, Mimi tiptoed into the room to claim her glass for fortification. Bubbly in hand, she turned to return to her shelter behind the screen when the door opened. For a moment she saw the whole of the store, the frilly stock, and the glass windows beyond the display. It was all she could do to not drop the glass.

Adam smiled at her, amused. "I must say, I think this look is going to be my favorite."

She fled to her safe space behind the screen and downed her glass.

"Even better in motion."

Peeking around the screen, he looked all too comfortable on the small leather couch across the room. "Did you know that your Aunt Ann is buying me panties for our wedding? How do I even send a thank-you card for that?" She pointed toward the rack. "Have you seen the prices?"

"I probably shouldn't have told her I was bringing you here." He waved his hand. "She loves this place and always speaks highly of their customer service."

"Does she do this for all the women you date?"

"She does not. My Aunt does this for fiances, of which you are the first." He lifted the champagne bottle from the side table and poured himself a glass. "I gave Ms. Perkins the items I liked. She suggested we begin with foundation garments. Your underwear is in a sad state of affairs."

"Hey, these are almost new."

"They should be burned."

She stuck her tongue out at him. When Ms. Perkins slid back into the room, Mimi ducked out of sight.

"I still know you are there," he said.

"Hush, Adam, you aren't making this easier." Mimi thrust her arm around the screen and waggled her empty glass in his direction. "Refill please."

After she refilled Mimi's glass with bubbly, Ms. Perkins draped the softest wisp of fabric Mimi had ever felt over her extended arm, a peach pair of panties that was a blush shy of being porcelain, almost a match for her skin tone. They felt like heaven sliding up her legs and fit perfectly. A small miracle. Her practical white underwear was visible all around them.

"With this please, miss." A delicate Demi-cup bra came over the screen.

"I don't know that this can cover everything."

"It doesn't have to. It will cover what is necessary."

Ms. Perkins instructed her how to bend forward and drop her breasts into the cups. The band fit snuggly, but she found it comfortable. When she stood up, the mirror surprised her. Her boobs looked amazing. She turned to her side, admiring how nothing bit into her back. "Holy crap," she whispered.

Adam called out, "Let's see, little farm girl."

When she stepped out, Adam almost choked on his champagne, and Ms. Perkins pressed her fingers to her lips before she said, "Perhaps without the white underpants."

"I can't try lingerie on my bare skin."

"We are buying that set. You can wear those panties underneath other things you try on. They are very close to your skin tone." He flicked his fingers toward the screen.

Sheepishly, she headed back to her shelter. "I didn't know."

"I should have told you, miss." The kind woman offered.

The silk against her most tender skin was luxurious. Were there people in the world that wore this kind of underwear every day? With a little coaxing, Mimi came back out and Adam gave a low, appreciative whistle. She ducked her head to hide her grin. "Do you like it?"

"Very much."

One after another, she tried on beautiful sets. The only way she'd had matching underwear before was because all of what she bought at the Mega Mart was a practical white. After she slid a midnight blue nightgown over her head and let it float down around her, she shyly stepped out.

"Wow." He looked at her in a way that scorched her skin. "That is spectacular on you. Turn around for me."

Grinning, she slowly rotated. "I think it is an excellent color."

"I do too," Adam said.

The older woman nodded approval.

He asked, "Mimi, is there a bra and panty set that you like the best?"

"I like the first one. I could wear it with most things."

"Change into it then. And put your clothes back on."

She blew out a breath and nodded. "I don't know how some people can spend all day trying things on." Tucked behind the screen, she felt safe. With a tiny bit of regret, she slid the straps of the nightgown off. She'd almost said the gown was her favorite, but buying underwear was more practical. Maybe she could save up for the beautiful thing. It was nice that they were making a list of her favorites.

The fitter asked, "And what shall I do with the old garments?"

"Burn them," said Adam.

"Hey." Mimi poked her head around, half into her shirt. "I don't have that much underwear."

Ms. Perkin's brow furrowed. "Is ten sets not enough? We could add more."

Mimi's mouth fell open.

Adam gently pushed her behind the screen. "Get finished dressing."

When she came out, he was writing her address down on the paperwork. "Adam, ten sets is too generous."

"She can afford it, Mimi, and her feelings would be hurt if you refused."

Placing her hands on her hips, Mimi gave in. "Well... I guess I should thank her."

"We should." When he offered Mimi his hand, she took it. "We have one stop left." He tugged her closer and added, "Maybe two." Half of the items from the rack lay on top of the tidy pile of underthings. A gemstone line of nightgowns and lacy bits.

"Wait, why is she adding those?"

Ignoring her question, Adam placed one firm hand on her back and steered her out of the dressing room.

"But... that's too much."

"Say thankyou, Mimi."

"Thank you," she called back. Before she could think things through, he had her out the front door and walking down the sidewalk. The sunlight was too bright. "Are we going to lunch?"

"What we are going to do is find you a wedding dress."